Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 99 100 101
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 17:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Here's from Meriam Webster

Full Definition of harass
transitive verb
a : exhaust, fatigue
b (1) : to annoy persistently (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

To call out pence (or anyone) in a broadway show is to create an unpleasant situation through uninvited verbal conduct.

(Yawn)

Interesting cherry pick of b2.

This is becoming exhausting to the point of fatigue with your unpleasant attempts at persistent annoyance. With the hostile approach in this situation; one could say you are definitively harassing in nature.

But don't worry nobody here expects you to apologize for using your freedom of expression.

You don't cherry pick definitions, that's not how a dictionary works.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-20 18:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If people genuinely believe what the cast said was harassment then we genuinely can not have an adult conversation about politics in general.
And here is the crux of the issue where the anti-PC crowd is now offended by polite discourse outside of their self-insulating safe spaces.
[+]
By Viciouss 2016-11-20 19:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we even talking about this (duh, because nausi). Pence came out and said it wasn't harrassment and there is no need for an apology, there won't be an apology, trump just needs to get over it (as does nausi, obviously). This won't be the first time Trump/Pence get called out, but I do think this will be the most polite instance.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess whats cool again? Refusing service to people who you have moral objections too.

Because it's somehow not "bad" discrimination when you do it against trump supporters.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 20:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tsunami of false equivalence in that article

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 20:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
"The Federalist" is an avowed conservative facts I don't like website, and one I usually avoid like LG's InfoWars videos.

Don't know if it is facts I don't like so much as it is an opinion editorial passing itself off as news. You know like the Fox News Network.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-20 21:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

His name is Trump:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-20 21:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting the feeling that "false equivalence" is the next word that's about to lose all meaning. Since, you know, it can be applied to practically any real-world comparison ever.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-20 21:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If I want facts I don't like I"ll go to Facebook ! Turns out the Pope endorsed Trump and Hillary and Satan !
By fonewear 2016-11-20 21:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Newsflash: Pope credits long life to Satan and gluten free beer.
By fonewear 2016-11-20 21:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-20 21:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm getting the feeling that "false equivalence" is the next word that's about to lose all meaning. Since, you know, it can be applied to practically any real-world comparison ever.
It's the fall-back excuse.

When they can't argue anything logically or even honestly, they automatically label it and reject said article instead of trying to find out if it's true.

In the case of the article show that some people are refusing service based on political ideals (which, by the way, is illegal according to the Civil Rights Act, but people seem to forget that law when it's convenient), that is 100% true.

Again, some people on this website will dismiss it because it's better to live with one's head in the sand and then accuse others of not following their version of reality. Which, shown by many examples, is one of the primary reasons why the democrats/liberals are losing big in many states except the coastal cities where the PC *** is running rampant.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-20 21:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Newsflash: Pope credits long life to Satan and gluten free beer.

Have you considered a paid gig writing headlines for The Federalist or The Drudge Report?

Don't worry we will still have "false balance" and "false analogy" for awhile until one of your friends here misuses them every chance they get.
By fonewear 2016-11-20 21:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I love a good headline saves me from wasting valuable seconds reading articles.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-20 21:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I love a good headline saves me from wasting valuable seconds reading articles.

Exactly. FFXIAH, on the other hand, offers a fantastic time-back guarantee.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-20 21:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

It's the fall-back excuse.

When they can't argue anything logically or even honestly, they automatically label it and reject said article instead of trying to find out if it's true.

In the case of the article show that some people are refusing service based on political ideals (which, by the way, is illegal according to the Civil Rights Act, but people seem to forget that law when it's convenient), that is 100% true.

Again, some people on this website will dismiss it because it's better to live with one's head in the sand and then accuse others of not following their version of reality. Which, shown by many examples, is one of the primary reasons why the democrats/liberals are losing big in many states except the coastal cities where the PC *** is running rampant.

It makes me wonder.... Meanwhile, in the world of "journalism" (I can't type the word without quotation marks anymore), the media takes numbers like this:

and, after losing an election where they went completely all-in and still managed to fail, decide that the best course of action is to do exactly the same thing. You think Drudge and HuffPo are bad? They're on track to be the new norm.

For your regularly scheduled programming, we're going to ignore the fact that Trump is one of only two presidents in the past 50 years to name cabinet positions within the first two weeks after the election and proceed to comment on how much his transition is in disarray.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-20 22:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

and, after losing an election where they went completely all-in and still managed to fail, decide that the best course of action is to do exactly the same thing. You think Drudge and HuffPo are bad? They're on track to be the new norm.

For your regularly scheduled programming, we're going to ignore the fact that Trump is one of only two presidents in the past 50 years to name cabinet positions within the first two weeks after the election and proceed to comment on how much his transition is in disarray.

The truth is what we say it is and subject to change at any moment. That old Soviet saying about "The future is known, it's the past that keeps changing". Very much about the ends justifying the means and thus nothing is too low for them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-20 22:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This has nothing to do with the Civil Rights Act.
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-11-20 22:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-20 23:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The establishment media is no longer needed with social media. The real news gets out despite their efforts to not report it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-21 03:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Soviet
Ahh there we go! I thought it was strange it wasn't mentioned for a while.

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-21 07:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am about Halfway through Bernie's new Book (Listening through Audio) and so far I've learned that America lost the election on July 12th when He endorsed Hillary and ended his campaign.
By eliroo 2016-11-21 07:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Or we could talk about Trump settling his Trump U case and coming out of pocket for it, like the post I made several pages back now.

I don't know why everyone is treating this like some big scandal. If anything he is settling the case so he doesn't have to deal with during his presidency.

Also if anyone watched the discourse that the cast of the Hamilton made they would quickly realize how appropriate and respectful it was.

Trump just needs to Chill.
By eliroo 2016-11-21 08:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a minute are we really saying that a company can't refuse business to people based on their beliefs, religion or sexuality? What happened to that cake shop where conservatives were like "Its their right to refuse service"?

I honestly think that people should have to the right to deny certain services but currently the cake issue is definitely in violation of the Civil Rights Act. The act doesn't mention political beliefs currently, but I think it should.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
This has nothing to do with the Civil Rights Act.

You are correct it doesn't, I have yet to find any proof that the Civil Rights act states that refusing service based on political ideas is illegal. I think it should though.

Candlejack said: »
The Civil Rights Act only applies to people in oppressed minority groups based on race or gender. It doesn't protect based on political ideals or religion. That's what the First Amendment is for.

Yet the First Amendment also only applies against the government, and not other average Joes on the street, your boss at work, or your principal at school, who can refuse to serve you, discipline you, or even fire or expel you.

What....? Come on CJ..

Wiki link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

Quote:
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark piece of civil rights and US labor law legislation in the United States[5] that outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.[6] It ended unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public (known as "public accommodations").

- Sorry if this is a triple post-
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-21 09:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I honestly think that people should have to the right to deny certain services but currently the cake issue is definitely in violation of the Civil Rights Act. The act doesn't mention political beliefs currently, but I think it should.

It's not in the Civil Rights Act. It is in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Covenant_on_Civil_and_Political_Rights
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-21 09:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The establishment media is no longer needed with social media. The real news gets out despite their efforts to not report it.

So does the facts I don't like. And the flat-out lies. And the news that's heartwarming but ultimately irrelevant. And the story about that one guy who, oh man, did you see what he can do with a coke can?

Yeah. Social media is *** ***and we're all guilty of playing along. Every last one of us. Because even those who don't use the services directly see the quotes and screenshots in news, blogs, etc. and respond to it, thereby partaking.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 99 100 101