Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-19 00:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Your own link has the answer. Eventually you'll figure out that immigrant = non-citizen = NOT FROM USA and thus subject to border screening, scrutiny and additional monitoring while in country.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-19 00:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Who here is advocating against immigration law?

I don't recall making any such accusation. Guilty conscience?
Then I don't understand why that quote is pertinent. Nothing in it is particularly contentious. It's stupid ***like a border wall or religion-based bans that are ridiculous.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-19 01:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just like the whole wall vs fence *** that they've been talking about. Dude talks about building a wall, then later someone mentions a fence while talking to him. Guy says in a common sense way, "well some parts might have a fence", and suddenly the media is losing it's head and saying "he's backing down already!" and ***. Like they've never actually seen a perimeter or secure location before and the novel idea that some parts will have a fence because it's simply more practical at that location.

When Trump makes some big statement, most Americans actually know what he means because it's just regular common sense. Crazy liberal types, who completely lack common sense in the first place, get all bent out of shape even if they occasionally use similar language themselves. This is what made the election outcome so predictable, instead of trying to play by their rules and carefully guard his language, Trump chose to ignore them entirely and just say it the same way regular people would say something. Average Americans understood exactly what he was saying while simultaneously identifying with him due to his lack of "Politically Correct and Liberal Approved" language. When the liberals attacked him on that language, the same that average American voters use every day, it was perceived by those same voters as an attack on them. In this manor Trump enabled the liberals (aka Hillary) to defeat themselves.

That is why even if Bernie was "The Chosen One", they would of still lost because they would of still offended and insulted average American voters across the nation. The same leftists would of controlled and handled Bernie and his platform would of been the exact same as Hillary. Hillary would still be pulling the strings and people would of still known it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-19 06:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump says a lot of things that can be easily misconstrued... He had even made up words like "bigly". Let's not pretend he's some kind of profit that only true believers can understand >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-19 07:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Trump says a lot of things that can be easily misconstrued... He had even made up words like "bigly". Let's not pretend he's some kind of profit that only true believers can understand >.>

Its not that complicated. People who don't like him take his words literally. People who do like him understand he is not a politician and therefore don't take him literally.

thats about as "secret code" as it gets.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-19 08:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
People who don't like him take his words literally

Why the *** wouldn't we? He was a presidential candidate

"Oh, when he says he wants a Muslim registry he doesn't mean it. He doesn't want a wall even though he's said it 100 times. He doesn't want a ban on Muslim immigration even though he's said it a lot. Oh, he doesn't dislike disabled people even though he makes fun of them."

He says stupid ***all the time and should be held accountable for it

Anywhere else and he would have had to step down because people don't accept his kind of garbage
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-19 08:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called context bro.

I doubt you listen to him speak, you probably just read someone else who reports it to you. They report it to you in the most out of context way they can BECAUSE they know you won't bother to seek the context.

In that way you allow yourself to be manipulated by their agenda.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-19 08:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have heard him speak and he's absolutely awful
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-19 08:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He literally gave me a headache during the first debate. The way he spoke then made me think, "Aww jeez, this is my candidate, ***..."

Which makes it all the more surprising when you hear him talk in any way that's better. I mean, he's delivered some pretty good speeches along the campaign trail, but you don't hear about the good ones cause 1. Doesn't get ratings/doesn't match the anti-trump build up, and 2. His good speeches aren't great.

All in all though, he's really easy to understand. It's just difficult to accept that he is constantly saying things, and then denying that he said those things when it makes him look bad.
By fonewear 2016-11-19 09:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
People who don't like him take his words literally

Why the *** wouldn't we? He was a presidential candidate

"Oh, when he says he wants a Muslim registry he doesn't mean it. He doesn't want a wall even though he's said it 100 times. He doesn't want a ban on Muslim immigration even though he's said it a lot. Oh, he doesn't dislike disabled people even though he makes fun of them."

He says stupid ***all the time and should be held accountable for it

Anywhere else and he would have had to step down because people don't accept his kind of garbage

Don't worry FFXIAH is watching his every move. They are the real journalists !
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-19 09:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
All in all though, he's really easy to understand.

Because he has the vocabulary of a 9 year old
By fonewear 2016-11-19 09:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So do most of the people on FFXIAH so what's your point ?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-19 09:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We elected him to lead now to teach us how to speak properly. He is the President not an English teacher.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-19 09:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
It's just like the whole wall vs fence *** that they've been talking about. Dude talks about building a wall, then later someone mentions a fence while talking to him. Guy says in a common sense way, "well some parts might have a fence", and suddenly the media is losing it's head and saying "he's backing down already!" and ***. Like they've never actually seen a perimeter or secure location before and the novel idea that some parts will have a fence because it's simply more practical at that location.

When Trump makes some big statement, most Americans actually know what he means because it's just regular common sense. Crazy liberal types, who completely lack common sense in the first place, get all bent out of shape even if they occasionally use similar language themselves. This is what made the election outcome so predictable, instead of trying to play by their rules and carefully guard his language, Trump chose to ignore them entirely and just say it the same way regular people would say something. Average Americans understood exactly what he was saying while simultaneously identifying with him due to his lack of "Politically Correct and Liberal Approved" language. When the liberals attacked him on that language, the same that average American voters use every day, it was perceived by those same voters as an attack on them. In this manor Trump enabled the liberals (aka Hillary) to defeat themselves.

That is why even if Bernie was "The Chosen One", they would of still lost because they would of still offended and insulted average American voters across the nation. The same leftists would of controlled and handled Bernie and his platform would of been the exact same as Hillary. Hillary would still be pulling the strings and people would of still known it.

The problem as I see it is Trump supporters take him figuratively while liberals take him literally.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-19 10:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In fairness that is intentional. He does that because of marketing strategy. Use the vocabulary of a 4th grader so everyone can understand you.

Which makes the arguments about misconstruing his words even more hilarious.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-19 10:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

The problem as I see it is Trump supporters take him figuratively while liberals take him literally.

They do it on purpose. Hillary, Bill and even Obama have some pretty dumb ***before that made sense in a certain context or point of view. Liberals wave their hand and just be like "they didn't mean it that way", and that's fine. What's not fine is trying to take the moral high road while being so blatantly dishonest about it.

The dude just won an election against a modern day Queen with the entire deck stacked against him, give credit where credit is due.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-19 11:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with sessions?

He's fully red pilled, and his MAGA levels are over 9000.
I am fairly conversant with rightwingspeak, and even understand some altrightspeak, but I have never heard of this MAGA. Definition please?
By fonewear 2016-11-19 11:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

I am fairly conversant with rightwingspeak, and even understand some altrightspeak, but I have never heard of this MAGA. Definition please?

make america great again
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-19 12:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Its not that complicated. People who don't like him take his words literally. People who do like him understand he is not a politician and therefore don't take him literally.

thats about as "secret code" as it gets.

You (both supporters and detractors) are reading things into what Trump has said that have no basis in reality though...

You all sound like a bunch of nutters.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-11-19 12:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Who here is advocating against immigration law?

I don't recall making any such accusation. Guilty conscience?
Then I don't understand why that quote is pertinent. Nothing in it is particularly contentious. It's stupid ***like a border wall or religion-based bans that are ridiculous.
I'm actually for the wall, not the religion crap though. I'd like people to remember illegal immigration is illegal, and we shouldn't be letting them draw from our systems if they didn't come here legitimately. I hope they get deported, and I hope a certain LAPD chief gets removed from his position for failure to uphold the law when he said he wouldn't be helping with the deportation. I understand he has opinions, but he took an oath as he became an officer of the law, to represent the law, and uphold the law. Illegal immigration is just that, illegal. Refusing to handle this situation because you don't like the person issuing your order is basically grounds to be removed from your position whether you like it or not.

I really hope Trump also cuts funding to those sanctuary cities as well, and tries to push a lot of reforms. He's got the opportunity to do it.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-11-19 14:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in other news: Julian Assange is still missing, and the WikiLeaks Twitter has been compromised. One of the 13 members of WL is traveling to a remote location for a contingency regarding Assange's "Dead Man's Switch" regarding some encrypted files.

I think some serious ***is going to be going down within the next few weeks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-19 14:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
I really hope Trump also cuts funding to those sanctuary cities as well
Could you explain what this means please?
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-19 14:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably being either through cooperation with congress or through leveraging certain aspects that the president does control like Housing, Health, and unfortunately Education. Similar to Obama's transgender-bathroom mandate and concerns about education funding.

"You can keep your sanctuary city so long as you pay for it."

Many states, can't manage their budgets with federal funding. They wouldn't dare going without.

Certain major cities are such a drain on the entire state state.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-19 15:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think it's *** hilarious these idiot Alt Right people who almost universally in their writing and rhetoric spit on the trans community took a concept (red pill) and use it as a symbol championing their cause.

You know. A concept that was presented in a film written and directed by two trans individuals.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-11-19 15:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I just think it's *** hilarious these idiot Alt Right people who almost universally in their writing and rhetoric spit on the trans community took a concept (red pill) and use it as a symbol championing their cause.

You know. A concept that was presented in a film written and directed by two trans individuals.

This is just more evidence that you are incorrectly assuming he motivations of the alt right.

(Plus they were still brothers when they made that first one)

Look at that I can dump on your point twice.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-19 15:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow. You managed an entire post with the words "bro" "cuck" "red pill."

Progress.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-19 15:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. You're right. I'm being overly dismissive. I'm going to do some reading and make sure I'm not lumping the entire movement in with its radicals.

Though I'd hope we can agree that said radicals are *** tools, because I have seen what they have to say and they are actual racists and misogynistic ***.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-19 16:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just difficult to accept that he is constantly saying things, and then denying that he said those things when it makes him look bad.
I'm actually glad he's walked back a lot of his stated policies since a lot of it was ridiculous but his constant attempts to retcon his statements is stupid and unnecessary. The idea that we weren't supposed to take his words literally is god damn motherfucking insane.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-19 16:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea that we weren't supposed to take his words literally is god damn motherfucking insane.

The idea that he's "speaking like regular people" and perhaps going to hyperbolic extremes or using terms that everyday people use isn't far-fetched.

Grown-*** adults shouldn't have to be told that everything that comes out of people's mouth, even public servants, should be taken with a grain of salt and with a consideration that maybe they're not speaking in literal terms.

That said.

This particular sword cuts both ways.

Far, far too many people took Trump's words literally as promises they wanted to see kept and are likely to be sorely disappointed when he doesn't built a literal brick wall spanning the entire length of the border, and when he doesn't just start bombing the living ***out of every country that disagrees with us.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-19 16:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

BOMB MEXICO!!!

for no particular reason
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 99 100 101