Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 99 100 101

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 00:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

That's... actually a really good idea. I wonder how the rioters would react to that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-11 00:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Not a meme but it's hella "meta"

About these people protesting, let's not pretend it's simply some immature visceral reaction to not getting their way. It's about what came out of his mouth and the fact he is now president elect.
This is the outcry you get when you open Pandora's box of bigotry and hatred for the sake of votes.

Also to touch on Chanti's post, Eisenhower was last great Republican president this country had its shame about all the ones that followed. Especially that VP of his.

It's exactly immature reaction to not getting their way. The media was so biased against him that people accepted he could *never* win. And here he did and by a solid margin.

It's childish tantrums to not getting their way and having reality invade their safe space.

One could only imagine what people's reaction would have been if Obama said things during his campaigns like we're gonna make America great again by readopting slavery and making white people slaves and then actually winning.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-11 00:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk about sore losers.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/11/us/oregon-protest-riot/index.html

They lost so they throw a tantrum and destroy private property of innocent people.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-11 00:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone explaining much of the support for Trump.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/09/trump-won-because-leftist-political-corr

Progressives push rightthink and goodfact down people's throats.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-11-11 00:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing is saying stupid ***out of your mouth "to get elected" (which really all candidates do...lets get real here)and another is doing what is going on right now. It is simply an excuse to create chaos.... and I mean the lowest of the low that live among us, wait for ***like this to go off and jump on it. They have 0 ideas on what any of the candidates actually 'stood' for, they just see an opportunity and jump on it
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-11 02:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
News media has always been establishment based and owned by investors with agendas.

Remember when Bernie was actively running for the democratic nod? All stations pretty much said *** you and covered Clinton instead. Because he was also uncontrollable.

If you are looking to the press for completely unbiased sources on hot topics you are always going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't say it's always been that way, and I would say it's been that way to at least some extent for a long time, but I'm fairly certain that it's never been this blatantly awful.
Still backreading so maybe this has already been addressed.

Yellow journalism has been around for over a hundred years.

The media is made up of private business who all have an agenda: to succeed at business.

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 02:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk about sore losers.

They lost so they throw a tantrum and destroy private property of innocent people.

This is open-mindedness and tolerance at work. It makes sense, really. Let's look at the recent examples:

Did a cop shoot a black guy? Destroy your own town.
Did the country elect someone you don't like? Destroy your own town.

It's all great, because it creates sympathy for the very people you oppose, forces others to question the intelligence of everyone on your side, and completely steals the spotlight from peaceful protesters who might actually make your cause look good. It's genius!

Keep it up, Oregon. You've got Donald scared and thinking he might not get your ever-so-crucial electoral votes in 2020.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-11 02:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
News media has always been establishment based and owned by investors with agendas.

Remember when Bernie was actively running for the democratic nod? All stations pretty much said *** you and covered Clinton instead. Because he was also uncontrollable.

If you are looking to the press for completely unbiased sources on hot topics you are always going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't say it's always been that way, and I would say it's been that way to at least some extent for a long time, but I'm fairly certain that it's never been this blatantly awful.

The media is made up of private business who all have an agenda: to succeed at business.

Yes, I'm aware. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to rephrase this to prevent people from talking circles around the point.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-11 02:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I very rarely (only when visiting family in the US) watch US news/"news shows" and I very rarely read mainstream US news, mainly when it is referenced.

If you can't check references (like a transcript, court petition, etc) than I am not interested in it.

However, Trump doesn't just vilify US news. He has vilified ALL news media as being against him. And this is not the first time. He has decades of history playing the victim when accounts about him surface that he doesn't like. He has done it to Forbes many times.

The media is biased to an extent.

Donald Trump is also extremely sensitive to any negative criticism.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-11 04:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironic.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-11-11 05:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say incited by the media alone. Pretty sure professional rabble rousers are going around stirring things up. People feel justified though, whatever their actions, because the media and PC/SJW type culture have made it A.O.K. to hate, so long as you're hating the right people.

That said though, I really don't mind if people protest, as long as no one gets hurt. Seen and heard a lot of awful things from both sides, and yesterday I saw a buncha hillybillies with mullets cruise through town with a giant confederate flag waving from the back of their red pickup truck. Not really surprisingly for where I live, but it just makes me think, "Welp, I knew this outcome wasn't gonna be consequence free. If I gotta stand up and beat up some neo-nazis/real racists/what have you, then I will do so with gusto."

A lot of people on my side of the aisle believe Trump's election also endorses their actions. Like attacking women in hijabs and things. The other day one of my friends helped a muslim guy clean off his car after it had been vandalized with swastikas. This atmosphere is gloomy, and I hope ***calms down soon.

So yeah, that tweet really is ironic. Almost feel like praying, something I haven't done in five years.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-11 05:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

*backreads*
For people who think they are above bias and always think rationally you sure are failing bigly to understand where the protests come from. No, it's not petty tantrums for not getting what you want, this is what Trump carefully sowed with his mouth. He threatened too many people to not get backlash.
It's time to take some responsibility.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 06:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I'm aware. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to rephrase this to prevent people from talking circles around the point.
Don't bother, people here are going to be talking in circles around this point in this very reply anyway.

Remember:

Viciouss said: »
keep fueling that superiority complex tho.

No matter what you say, they will always respond as such.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-11 06:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
I hope ***calms down soon.
Got to happen on both sides though.

Which, going by all this love spreading like wildfire, expect these things for the next 4 years.

And ponder: Where was all this love 8 years prior?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-11-11 06:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

*never backreads*

Riots are not protests.

Voter intimidation is not a protest. It is a violation of our civil rights. It is a threat to our Republic.

Trashing, looting and burning cities that largely voted Democrat is not a good strategy.

A year and half of Democrats demonizing Donald Trump with a 1.5 billion dollar negative campaign is responsible for all of the violence and hate after the election.

A year and a half of unrelenting propaganda against Donald Trump by the media, social media, celebrity, television, music, movies, "comedy" is responsible for all of the violence and hate after the election.

Negative elections have consequences and this falls 100% on Democrats' scorched Earth politics.

I told you three months ago she was Romneying this election. She needed to go positive and to give voters a reason to be inspired and excited to vote for her. She did not because she could not. I couldn't watch a show on any network that didn't have a negative ad against Donald Trump every single commercial break. Every single one. People start to believe that crap when it's pounded into their heads.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-11 06:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
*backreads*
For people who think they are above bias and always think rationally you sure are failing bigly to understand where the protests come from. No, it's not petty tantrums for not getting what you want, this is what Trump carefully sowed with his mouth. He threatened too many people to not get backlash.
It's time to take some responsibility.

Those aren't protests those are riots and criminal acts. Their angry because the liberal media lied and shoved "Clinton will easily win" and then it didn't happen and *BANG* tantrums and crying.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-11 06:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Their angry because the liberal media lied and shoved "Clinton will easily win" and then it didn't happen and *BANG* tantrums and crying.
You really need to remove your yuge blinders. While I don't exclude there are certainly petty immature people in the bunch(a mass of people always draws more along), this is about how Trump himself has made too many communities feel threatened. And while you may argue, rightly even, that Trump probably won't be able to endanger anyone because he is not a supreme emperor, the sentiment of fear remains.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-11 07:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironic.
Tbh, "open" isn't the word I'd use to describe his campaign considering he refused to release his tax returns and took forever to outline details on any plans he had, some of which he probably still hasn't released.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-11 07:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Successful, yeah. I'll give him that.
By fonewear 2016-11-11 07:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the hell has time to riot looks at post count...never mind !
By fonewear 2016-11-11 07:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk about sore losers.

Portland could probably be it's own planet. I'm not sure they are aware of anything besides ironic mustaches and organic coffee !
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-11 07:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't an open campaign (although how that is "officially" defined I don't know)

-It was successful

-They are not professional protesters

-They weren't incited by the media, they were incited by Trumps own words and actions. Which yes, the media reported on.

-The very unfair part just really, really makes me laugh. This is a protest by people who think the system is "unfair" and then he is whining as the president-elect.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 99 100 101