Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 99 100 101
By fonewear 2016-11-04 11:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In Gary's defense I didn't know what Aleppo was till I saw this picture:

Spoiled for the easily triggered !
By fonewear 2016-11-04 11:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it ! one second

By fonewear 2016-11-04 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And for just 99 cents a day you can adopt a Syrian refugee call now !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-04 12:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Spoiled for the easily triggered !

that's twice today goober!
is it beer o'clock already!?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-04 13:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On a side note, even though this is only mildly related to politics:

Smoking Wreaks Genetic Havoc on Lungs, Study Warns

BREAKING: STUDY REVEALS FINDING EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS, PRETENDS IT'S NEW INFORMATION
Knowing the comprehensive genetic mechanisms associated with smoking related cancers is extremely valuable.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-04 14:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
On a side note, even though this is only mildly related to politics:

Smoking Wreaks Genetic Havoc on Lungs, Study Warns

BREAKING: STUDY REVEALS FINDING EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS, PRETENDS IT'S NEW INFORMATION
Knowing the comprehensive genetic mechanisms associated with smoking related cancers is extremely valuable.

I think the sarcasm is in relation to how the title is worded.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-04 14:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Study reveals yet another reverse-engineered argument is brewing on FFXI!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-04 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume people read the links they post. It's largely naive but I'm a silly little goose.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-04 14:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume people read the links they post. It's largely naive but I'm a silly little goose.

I hate geese.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-04 15:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume that people know how to take a joke, but I guess I'm a silly little goose.

It wasn't a shot at the research, it was a shot at the wording of the title and some of the statements in the article.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-04 15:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

but I guess I'm a silly little goose.

By the gods! ALL OF YOU ARE GEESE!?

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-04 15:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I hate geese.

They probably have a gastric mill to boot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-04 15:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided on a mulligan that was on topic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-04 15:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't find an English article but a midwife here sued the county after applying for a job at a hospital and being rejected because she didn't want to perform abortions due to her religious beliefs. She sued the county because she felt it was a violation of her rights and lost the case. She now has to pay $134000 in court fees lol
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-04 16:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Impeach Hillary Clinton? A boon for Democrats
Looong article, so highlights:

Quote:
Several leading Republicans are suggesting that if Hillary Clinton is elected, she could be impeached sometime after inauguration, perhaps in her first year as president.
Echoing these allies, Donald Trump is arguing that a prospect of impeachment over the Clinton email controversy or any other Clinton misdeed would mire America in a constitutional crisis, and thus he (and he alone) is America's salvation....

First, Democrats should smile and coolly point out that there is no need for Republicans to wait until inauguration. Why not start the grand impeachment parade now?

Clinton is no longer a Cabinet officer. She is currently a private citizen. But the logic and spirit of Article II make former Cabinet officers fully impeachable, as are other former officers of the US government -- ex-presidents, ex-vice presidents, former judges and former justices, for example. Why? Because the punishment for impeachment can extend beyond simple removal from office. Under Article I, Section 3, "judgment in cases of impeachment" may include "disqualification to hold or enjoy any Office of honor, Trust, or Profit under the United States." ...

So Hillary Clinton can indeed be impeached -- now, or any time before Inauguration. She can be impeached for any of her allegedly malignant misdeeds as secretary of state -- whatever those misdeeds might be, in the eyes of her House Republican critics. And the standard for impeachment and conviction is not that she committed a statute-book felony beyond reasonable doubt -- the pro-Clinton standard that FBI Director James Comey propounded back in July when he said that any criminal charges against her would be preposterous (a fact that Trump ignores at every turn). Rather, the standard in impeachment is more intrinsically political. Malicious mischief in office is impeachable even if no felony ever occurred, and the standard of proof need not, perhaps, be as high as in a criminal courtroom.
All this should be music to the ears of Republican extremists: If convicted after she is impeached, Clinton can be completely disqualified from the presidency itself! ...

First, impeachment by the House is an empty gesture unless the Senate follows up with a conviction...

Partisan impeachments by the House of Representatives are indeed allowed under the strict letter of the Constitution. The House needs only the barest of majorities to impeach -- in effect, indict -- a sitting or former officer. But nothing horrible really happens to the impeached officer -- no removal from office, and no disqualification from future office-holding -- unless the Senate convicts, and the Constitution requires a two-thirds vote for conviction.
Given that Republicans are now and will for the foreseeable future be more than a dozen votes shy of two-thirds, Clinton would only be imperiled if Democrats turn against her....

Should future Republican extremists be so heavy-handed as to try to impeach her, a future President Hillary Clinton could call their bluff by stepping down, temporarily, under the provisions of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution. That amendment, adopted after President John F. Kennedy's assassination, allows a sitting president to step aside temporarily at any time and for virtually any reason he or she deems proper -- a planned surgery, a family crisis, a political row. Formally, the impeachment process in this scenario would stay precisely on track, unimpaired by this temporary step-aside -- just as if Clinton had not stepped aside on the one hand or had resigned on the other.

By stepping down, temporarily, under this amendment, Clinton would make her loyal running mate, Tim Kaine, the acting president of the United States. Republicans have nothing on Kaine, and by taking over the reins for a while, he would actually improve his chances of being elected president in his own right in 2020 or beyond....
But do read the whole thing, many interesting ideas and conclusions.
By eliroo 2016-11-04 16:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only imagine Tim Kaine having a debate with Putin. WWIII would start.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-04 16:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Kaine would be free from the scandal attached with Clinton, but he has one of the same problems she does -- not a lot of people like him.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-04 16:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a video of Tim Kaine:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-11-04 17:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty spot on here:

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-04 17:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Kaine would be free from the scandal attached with Clinton, but he has one of the same problems she does -- not a lot of people like him.
I follow politics and I had but barely heard of him before his selection as the VP candidate.

Everybody had heard of Clinton, the GOP has kept her in the public eye by spending 25 years and over 50 million of the taxpayer's dollars demonizing her.

Kane doesn't have that problem.
By fonewear 2016-11-04 17:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaine is the biggest tool I've ever seen in my life and I've been to Home Depot !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-04 17:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He randomly tweets in spanish. What else do you need from a potential president?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-04 17:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The local John Deere deaership has bigger tools than Home Depot.

And I often see even bigger tools being carried down the interstate on flatbed trucks with 32 - 36 wheels.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-04 18:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I follow politics and I had but barely heard of him before his selection as the VP candidate.

Everybody had heard of Clinton, the GOP has kept her in the public eye by spending 25 years and over 50 million of the taxpayer's dollars demonizing her.

Kane doesn't have that problem.

...Yet. Just because it's not there now doesn't mean it won't be later. If he runs for president someday, he won't be spared the burning spotlight and the deep digging into his past.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-04 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If he runs for president someday, he won't be spared the burning spotlight and the deep digging into his past.
Unless he is what the media wants elected, then they will ignore anything and everything bad about him.

Anyone heard from CNN regarding the latest Wikileak dump? Or that it even existed? Must be nice being media's darling.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-04 18:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tim Kaine is obama's ***.

He is the price hillary had to pay to get the obamas on board.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-11-04 20:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If he runs for president someday, he won't be spared the burning spotlight and the deep digging into his past.
Unless he is what the media wants elected, then they will ignore anything and everything bad about him.

Anyone heard from CNN regarding the latest Wikileak dump? Or that it even existed? Must be nice being media's darling.
Is the one about Clinton being a satanist and drinking the blood of children?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-04 20:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Tim Kaine is obama's ***.

He is the price hillary had to pay to get the obamas on board.

Official photo:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-04 20:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaine 2020:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-04 20:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Kaine is the biggest tool I've ever seen in my life and I've been to Home Depot !

Apparently you never watched TRL back in the day. Carson Dailey was the standard by which the word "tool" was defined!

Really, Foney. I expected more from a thirty-something like you.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 99 100 101