user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-13 12:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Asura.Robear said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Asura.Robear said: »
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I have outright geared my blm to what the math tells us is BIS, so I have a few questions I was hoping the community could help with?

I currently only have V15 clears and therefore access to R20 agwu gear. I also only (so far) have access to the +2 black mage empyrean armor. I also only have access to R20 Bunzi's rod. I have all of the other gear discussed in the previous pages.

ItemSet 388241

I was hoping someone could give me some advice given my restricted access to +3 empyrean gear and R25 Bunzi Rod and R25 Agwu armor for MBing on say, Boss E or F in Sortie, and V20 Ongo?

Any tips/advice would be awesome. Totals are given at the bottom. They do not include job points gifts/categories, or merit points.
Master Level 33
Main Bunzi's Rod: +15 INT; +40 macc; +35 Mab; 248 Mdmg; +10 MBB1; R20: +20MAB; +5 Macc)
Sub Ammurapi Shield: +13 INT; +38 MAB; +38 Macc
Ammo Pemphredo tathlum: +4 INT; +4 MAB; +8 Macc
Head Ea +1: +43 INT; +38 MAB; +50 Macc; MBB1+7; MBB2+7
JSE +2 neck: +15 INT; +7 MAB; +30 Macc; +25 MBMacc; +10 MBB1
Regal Earring: +10 INT; +7 MAB
Malignance Earring: +8 INT; +8 MAB; +10 Macc
Ea +1 Body: +48 INT; +44 MAB; +52 Macc; +9 MBB1; +9MBB2
Spaekona's gloves +3: +37 INT; +52 Macc; +44 Mdmg; +21 Ele. skill; + 8 MBB2; +15 Macc set bonus
Freke ring: +10 INT; +8 MAB
Mujin band: +5 MBB2
JSE Cape: +20 INT; +10 MAB; +30 Macc; +20 Mdmg; +5 MBB1
Hachirin-no-obi: when scholar can give double/single weather
Ea +1 Legs: +48 INT; +41 MAB; +51 Macc; +8 MBB1; +8 MBB2
Archmage's Feet: +30 INT; +54 MAB; +42 Macc; + 17 Ele. skill

Totals
Intelligence: 150 (native) + 301 = 451
MAB from gear: 314
Macc from gear: 420 + 127 (from Macc Skill) = 547
Macc on magic bursts: 25 (JSE neck +2)
Mdmg: 312
Elemental Magic Skill: 38
Magic Burst Bonus 1: 49 (9 over cap)
Magic Burst Bonus 2: 37

This set came out on top when I ran it with all R20 agwu, R20 rod, and +2 empyrean. I did lower your INT as well, since no subjob. I know taru base is 145, so I used 138 base here. The totals at the bottom are with buffs.

ItemSet 388244
Code
Magic Damage:
INT:
Magic Accuracy:
Magic Atk. Bonus:
Magic Burst Damage:
Magic Burst Damage II:

Thank you very much! So that set would be considered "bis" given my gear limitations etc. on Ongo? or only Boss E and F in Sortie? Or all situations in end game?

Thanks again!
I just checked against V20 Ongo, sortie bosses have different resistance ranks and higher m.acc requirements.
I mean was this even a question if they had different requirements? Clearly sortie bosses are way weaker. Side note I let your setup for gear!
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-13 12:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sortie bosses are easier than V20 Ongo for the most part, but the basement ones are higher level (145 vs 139), and 2 of them have higher INT than Ongo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-13 12:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Sortie bosses are easier than V20 Ongo for the most part, but the basement ones are higher level (145 vs 139), and 2 of them have higher INT than Ongo.
Yea but the resistance for them and other suff are lower so it's way easier which let's face it not like this changes gea rtoo much tbh.
 Ragnarok.Siyual
Server: Ragnarok
user: Siyual
By Ragnarok.Siyual 2022-11-13 14:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit of an odd question, but in the case that we don't have weather bonuses, what belt comes out on top? Is it still Refoccilation Stone, or does Acuity Belt +1 edge it out?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-13 14:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Acuity Belt +1 if you're casting higher tier nukes, and stone for low tiers.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2022-11-13 15:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I just so sacro belt and call it a day
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-21 07:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a nice bit of lua code they could share to equip Chrysopoeia torque if TP is 3000?

Edit: Got it sorted thank you.
 Phoenix.Phayde
Server: Phoenix
user: Phlegra
By Phoenix.Phayde 2022-11-21 15:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm by no means a lua expert, but I'd try something like the following.
In your main job lua, add a line near the end of the file with all the hooks for non-casting events:

function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
if player.tp > 1000 then
idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.latent_refresh)
end
return idleSet
end

Then, in your gear sidecar, add a line that says:

sets.latent_refresh = {neck="Chrys. Torque"}

This should modify your default idle set after it's constructed and equip your torque anytime you have over 1k TP (Change this number for whatever value you want). That's where I'd start, anyways. Again, not an expert! :)
 Phoenix.Phayde
Server: Phoenix
user: Phlegra
By Phoenix.Phayde 2022-11-21 17:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Yea but the resistance for them and other suff are lower so it's way easier which let's face it not like this changes gea rtoo much tbh.

One thing to keep in mind with this set is your recast timers, especially for Ongo when you don't have access to RDM subjob and want to MB the same 3 high-tier spells as often as possible. Ultimately, that's what keeps me MBing in 3/5 Agwu's for Ongo. Your set above has 20% gear haste and 4% FC. While there's nothing to be done about the 20% haste, subbing in Agwu's hands, legs, and feet add in 17% FC. I ride my recasts very tightly on Ongo, so I'd have to imagine losing 17% FC (8.5% recast = ~3.8 seconds on Stoneja, and ~5.1 seconds on Stone VI) is something to consider. While these gear are similar in INT (3/5 Agwu lose 3 INT), the obvious downsides at Agwu's R20 are losing 12% MBB2, 38 ele skill, and 10 Macc, and the obvious gains are +70 MAB, +16 Mdmg, and +17% FC. At R25, Agwu's pull ahead in Macc and gain 9 additional MAB (and 1% more MBB2 - woohoo!). Just food for thought if you find yourself unable to cast Stoneja -> Stone VI or Stone V each time the MB window comes around.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-11-23 01:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Phayde said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

One thing to keep in mind with this set is your recast timers, especially for Ongo when you don't have access to RDM subjob and want to MB the same 3 high-tier spells as often as possible. Ultimately, that's what keeps me MBing in 3/5 Agwu's for Ongo. Your set above has 20% gear haste and 4% FC. While there's nothing to be done about the 20% haste, subbing in Agwu's hands, legs, and feet add in 17% FC. I ride my recasts very tightly on Ongo, so I'd have to imagine losing 17% FC (8.5% recast = ~3.8 seconds on Stoneja, and ~5.1 seconds on Stone VI) is something to consider. While these gear are similar in INT (3/5 Agwu lose 3 INT), the obvious downsides at Agwu's R20 are losing 12% MBB2, 38 ele skill, and 10 Macc, and the obvious gains are +70 MAB, +16 Mdmg, and +17% FC. At R25, Agwu's pull ahead in Macc and gain 9 additional MAB (and 1% more MBB2 - woohoo!). Just food for thought if you find yourself unable to cast Stoneja -> Stone VI or Stone V each time the MB window comes around.

Just a thought, I'm not a black mage but a cor, and was wondering what people are using for rolls for Ongo, we did v20 with wizard/gallant iirc and I think it's a good combo if you wanna use the cor to mitigate add damage but seeing the discussion about fc/recasts was wondering from the black mage perspective if caster is something other groups are utilizing.

Applicable Rolls with min/max potency

So my question is what is the most valuable cor buffs for the backline. I understand everyone's comp's and strategies vary for mitigating/handling the add but I'd love to hear what everyone else did for rolls/why
By SimonSes 2022-11-23 02:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gallant's roll should only be used on person who tanks add, there is no reason to keep it on everyone. BRD is the best for this imo. After giving songs to mages and Threnody and Elegy on Ongo, you can put 3x Minne, Sirvente and Honor March on yourself and with gallant roll you have so much def, that RegenV alone will easily keep you alive.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-23 08:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Gallant's roll should only be used on person who tanks add, there is no reason to keep it on everyone. BRD is the best for this imo. After giving songs to mages and Threnody and Elegy on Ongo, you can put 3x Minne, Sirvente and Honor March on yourself and with gallant roll you have so much def, that RegenV alone will easily keep you alive.

I agree I did Ongo with a BRD that was spamming songs on the add to keep it on themselves, without it, it tends to whack the SCH which isnt usually the end of the world until it whacks down Aquaveil and interupts a helix2 going with gambit and/or rayke burning on Ongo.

It can really make the difference

we try to get a STP roll on our tank to help them always be ready to skillchain, with more ML this isnt too rough anymore, but a properly geared RUN shouldnt have to much issues with Regen5 and Embrava on
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-23 08:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my second roll being Casters Roll, sounds weird but because we don't have /RDM it can lower the recast of Stoneja and Stone VI by a few seconds letting me slam them faster. Other then that, the win or loss is really about the coordination and synergy of the COR and RUN to keep the SC's coming.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-11-23 08:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I like my second roll being Casters Roll, sounds weird but because we don't have /RDM it can lower the recast of Stoneja and Stone VI by a few seconds letting me slam them faster. Other then that, the win or loss is really about the coordination and synergy of the COR and RUN to keep the SC's coming.
I like casters as well
Asura.Saevel said: »

Also a good point, a RUN and COR that use skillchains.lua to see exactly how long a window is open helps. If the RUN is going 1 second into the window versus 4 and same with the COR it makes a difference as well
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-01-05 16:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious on Agwu legs verus Relic+3 legs for elemental debuffing

Arch. tonban +3
[Legs] All Races
DEF:123 HP+63 MP+85 STR+35 VIT+22 AGI+27 INT+50 MND+34 CHR+29 Accuracy+39 Magic Accuracy+46 Evasion+47 Magic Evasion+127 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+58 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+5% Enmity-7 Magic burst damage II +3
LV 99 BLM

Increases Elemental Debuff duration by 6 seconds and potency by -2 Base Stat and +1 damage over time per merit level.

so you get +10 if you merit in potentcy,

VS
Agwu's Slops
[Legs] All Races
DEF:137 HP+50 MP+59 STR+43 VIT+8 AGI+17 INT+49 MND+32 CHR+25 Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35 Magic Damage+20 Evasion+66 Magic Evasion+134 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 Haste+5% Magic burst damage +9 "Fast Cast"+7% Elemental magic status ailment effects +10 "Resist Silence"+11
LV 99 BLM SCH GEO RUN
40macc+15(V30) = 55macc

Looks like Agwu take an edge around R23

Thoughts?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-05 16:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

30 extra seconds of duration means one less cast. 3 burns vs 4 burns

That's worth more than a small amount of macc I should think especially is Burn is esealed, or cast under 2hour
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-05 16:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

He said it
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-01-05 17:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
30 extra seconds of duration means one less cast. 3 burns vs 4 burns

That's worth more than a small amount of macc I should think especially is Burn is esealed, or cast under 2hour
hmm for ongo, using ES for Impact and just praying to get it to land period. ill just put the agwu in my .resistant set,
thanks!
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-01-23 20:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious if anyone's done the math on what's BIS now for basement bosses in Sortie, and/or Ongo V25? I'm curious what agwu R30 would replace any empy +3 (if it does)?

Thanks all
By Nehot 2023-01-24 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've done a far amount of number crunching and testing in game for my blm in Sortie and Ongo (up to v20 have not gone into v25 yet but this will be the same sets I will use) and this is what I currently use. I've done Sortie almost daily since the release and have ran blm the vast majority of the runs, as a side note yes I know I am not using Regal earring as I am around 0/60+ runs for it now :(

BLM Free nuke
ItemSet 389565

BLM MB
ItemSet 389564
By Slowforever 2023-01-24 18:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Never knew Barkaro earring was a thing. Looks pretty solid. I am trying to decide how to approach sortie. I am main bard and drg. It seems most groups are using tank + back line for the high gall farms. BLM gear doesnt look terribly hard to set up, mastering the job looks to be the biggest time sync. Question about EA gear- do I really need it? I can see it being good for Ongo V25 but sortie? Its so expensive.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-24 18:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
Never knew Barkaro earring was a thing. Looks pretty solid. I am trying to decide how to approach sortie. I am main bard and drg. It seems most groups are using tank + back line for the high gall farms. BLM gear doesnt look terribly hard to set up, mastering the job looks to be the biggest time sync.

Considering the INT levels of those basement mobs, MLs are probably the greatest thing one can do for their BLM these days, and yes, its quite a *** outside of dedicated cleaving parties. As an example, I resort to BLM/SAM Laevateinn soloing w/ trusts, 3step SCs and self bursting. Its slow as hell, but at least its an enjoyable challenge.
[+]
By Nehot 2023-01-24 18:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowforever said: »
Question about EA gear- do I really need it? I can see it being good for Ongo V25 but sortie? Its so expensive.

Well if you look at my sets I only use EA Hat +1, and thats one of the least expensive things lol.
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-01-24 22:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is vidohunir -MDB effect guaranteed to land for Ongo? Trying to see if I should gear vido set more towards macc or nyame is fine?
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2023-01-24 23:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nehot said: »
BLM Free nuke
ItemSet 389565

BLM MB
ItemSet 389564

Is the only reason you have relic head in freenuke over empy because the +4 MAB?

Empy
INT+39/macc61/mab51/Elemental magic skill +35

vs.

Relic
INT+34/macc45/mab55/elemental mag skill +21
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-25 07:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is the only reason you have relic head in freenuke over empy because the +4 MAB?

He said that this is the set he's currently using, not that it's best in slot. He probably just doesn't have the other alternatives in his wardrobe yet, and he already admitted to not having cleared veng 25 Ongo so Rank 30 agwu's is not something he can use right now. Wicce Petasos +3 and R25+ Agwu's cap are both better than Relic +3 hat, just like Wicce Gloves +3 and R25+ Agwu's gloves are straight upgrades to relic gloves. He also has Spaekona's coat +3 listed in the body, and we all know that's a situational swap. Most of his slots are BiS but those two slots, as well as the earring which he mentioned, are not. The actual BiS earring choices are Wicce earring +2 and Malignance earring btw.... but we all know how random sortie +2 earrings are so the de-facto goal is still malignance/regal.

It's a bit confusing because the question he responded to was

Quote:
I'm curious what agwu R30 would replace any empy +3 (if it does)?

His personal gear set doesn't actually answer that question. At Rank 30 all 5 pieces of agwu's are in hot contention for a free nuke set. Each fully augmented piece has 60 Magic attack on it and about 35-45 magic damage. The Rank 30 legs also get +5 INT on the aug so they become a direct upgrade to empyrean. I actually think the correct answer to which rank 30 Agwu's pieces replace empyrean in a free nuke set is... all of them. But they do need to be rank 30 or very close, so most of us will have some work to do farming RP first (and actually getting the V25 clear in most cases yet).

As far as magic burst goes, again.... Rank 30 agwu's legs replaces empyrean +3, Rank 30 agwu's feet probably replaces wicce +3 (You get 10 more MaB and a bit more magic damage at a loss of 6 INT, which should be worth), Rank 30 agwu's hands has been and will continue to be BiS. Empyrean body +3 is still best for magic bursting though because of the MbD II +5, and Ea hat +1 still fits into the build. Keep in mind though that agwu's cap at R30 has 22 more MaB and 35 more magic damage than Ea hat +1, whereas Ea's gives 10 INT and 7 MbD II. The verdict could swing either way depending on the targets stats. There's actually a pretty good chance R30 agwu's cap comes out on top in sortie basement bosses. But it's also worth noting that if your magic bursts are already hitting 99k damage you can't really hit 99K any harder. When burst damage starts calculating to the 150-180k range minor gear tweaks start having less of an impact on your biggest nukes. If you 99k the mob you 99k it. You can't go over the damage cap so for sortie basement the difference between the two hats is pretty insignificant.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-01-25 08:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
But it's also worth noting that if your magic bursts are already hitting 99k damage you can't really hit 99K any harder. When burst damage starts calculating to the 150-180k range minor gear tweaks start having less of an impact on your biggest nukes. If you 99k the mob you 99k it.

on mobs I know im going to sit there and hit 99k on, I nuke aja/4/3 so I know I can get 3 nukes in on a helix closed skillchain. As long as the total damage I just did is over 200k, I am net positive. Just something to throw out there for blm to maximize dps

edit: I didnt catch the leg on MB set, just looked at that

empy+3 leg
int 53 macc 63 mab 58 mb1 15 mdmg+33
agwu30
int 54 macc 55 mab 60 mb1 7 mdmg+20

looks like you give up 8macc and 8 mb1 and 13mdmg for 1int and 2mab???? am I missing something on that?

edit2: this was from the Ody thread but this is the set I used but the earth neck on our V25 Ongo win
ItemSet 351869
At that time Agwu/Bunzi was r25
By Nehot 2023-01-25 08:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »
Nehot said: »
BLM Free nuke
ItemSet 389565

BLM MB
ItemSet 389564

Empy
INT+39/macc61/mab51/Elemental magic skill +35

vs.

Relic
INT+34/macc45/mab55/elemental mag skill +21

Quote:

He said that this is the set he's currently using, not that it's best in slot. He probably just doesn't have the other alternatives in his wardrobe yet, and he already admitted to not having cleared veng 25 Ongo so Rank 30 agwu's is not something he can use right now. Wicce Petasos +3 and R25+ Agwu's cap are both better than Relic +3 hat, just like Wicce Gloves +3 and R25+ Agwu's gloves are straight upgrades to relic gloves. He also has Spaekona's coat +3 listed in the body, and we all know that's a situational swap. Most of his slots are BiS but those two slots, as well as the earring which he mentioned, are not. The actual BiS earring choices are Wicce earring +2 and Malignance earring btw.... but we all know how random sortie +2 earrings are so the de-facto goal is still malignance/regal.

If I recall correctly I was more focused on getting my MB set up to par with what I can over my free nuke set, and once I got the body/legs/feet I moved on to other empy gear I needed for v25 clears. I checked before I left for work this morning and I do have the empy head and gloves +3 now I guess I just forgot to plug them into the sets. That being said I am still capping MB in Sortie bosses even in free nuke set, like Melliny said once you start doing stupidly high damage minor tweaks have less of an impact, and honestly the only reason I swap to MB sets in Sortie is to hit the cap more frequently as my group has 4 people nuking at a time. Ether way when I get home this evening I will swap the empy head and agwu gloves into my free nuke set. Thank you for catching that cause I may not have noticed till my group started working on Ongo (currently on Kalunga). If there is anything else I can upgrade (minus the blasted Regal/Wicce earrings) please let me know.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-25 08:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
looks like you give up 8macc and 8 mb1 and 13mdmg for 1int and 2mab???? am I missing something on that?

This is the set I theorycrafted a while ago for BiS magic burst with all rank 30 augments. I think I was in the mindset of finding maximum damage at the time, and originally I had agwu's slops here, but I agree with you and I just swapped empyrean legs back in. We're overcapping MbD 1 regardless so the 8 MBD 1 difference is a non-factor, but the potential damage difference between the two pieces is so tiny the 8 magic accuracy alone should make empyrean a better choice.

ItemSet 380385

Ea hat +1 versus R30 agwu's cap and Marin staff +1 versus R30 Mpaca's are the other slots in contention. It's probably not too important either way. I do think that at rank 30 Mpaca's staff does take the lead, but the difference is pretty tiny and for free nukes Marin +1 is still better; and of course Mythic still wins if you have it. Overall the build is pretty solidified. It just needs a bit of grinding to get to. S-E has given us some really nice pieces to work with lately. I'm really happy with it.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-25 10:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

S-E has given us some really nice pieces to work with lately. I'm really happy with it.

SE gets ZERO credit in my book for the Sortie Earring given to us. I find it an absolute insult that many jobs see vast improvements or at least high functionality with their NQ earring, and most see this with the +1 version....yet BLM is among a small collection of jobs where its "+2 or NPC it".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 48 49 50