New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50
By stevedave84 2021-05-19 09:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 379890

Currently using this set for elemental enfeebles. Still getting resists on Ongo V15 with warlock's and bolstered focus. Was wondering if maybe I should go full MACC instead of elemental magic skill.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-19 09:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As a person who also have a Laevateinn, I've found I just can't use it in Sheol:Gaol effectively. My worry/thought is that SE boosted the base stats(STR,INT,MND,etc) as vengeance rises because it would be simpler, and that makes the necessary dINT for nuking solid numbers tough.

I've switched to Marin+1 in there (augmented), and definitely saw improvements. Not being able to get/rely on AM2 on the A3 V15 fights sure doesn't help Laev's case. I know your question regards the Elemental Enfeebles, but that INT argument remains for them as well.

I'd consider swapping one of your stikini+1's for a metamorph+1(augmented) as well. Again, more INT, similar macc after combining +skill with +macc from Stikini. Resists are still gonna happen more than not sadly, but it may help.
[+]
By stevedave84 2021-05-19 10:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrible, I will try it out with metamorph, change augment on cape for 10 int instead of MACC, and mpaca staff. Hopefully I can land it with 41 more int, thanks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-19 10:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I stacked alot of INT on ongo and said screw the burn after a good bit. SE raised mob INT so high its annoying in general and the enfeebles even when you land them don't don't last a full 1 most of the time. Like Cele said switch to Marin +1 and change to metamorph rings. Macc seems so useless vs ongo sadly the time spent trying to land burn or anything is nuking time lost.
By DaneBlood 2021-05-28 10:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Im trying to turn my WHM mule into a pocket BLM as well. but without spending to much inventory.

i am looking into nuke sets that does take up as little inventory as possible. aka either reused from WHM or it has to be storable on a slip

This is my start sets
ItemSet 379983

Neck Belt Back and one ear slot is going to take up space (until i get regals earring and i can tos frio ring)
Any improvements for a quick upgrade for the startings set ?

also would like to look into a HQ nuke sets under the same condition if anyone has any suggestions

Final questions: does accuity+1 belt out refoc belt for nukes ?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-28 10:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

question #1- what is the typical level of difficulty you plan on bringing this pocket BLM to? CP? Farming? Omen(including bosses)? Some Escha?

question #2- what buffs will you typically have? (most importantly, a GEO and/or RDM)

question #3- will you be bursting or just free nuking?

question #4- is cost a factor?

Now, why I asked such questions.

a) if you only plan on bringing this BLM to lower level things, Magic Accuracy stops being a primary concern, and you can gear cheaper, and more around INT/MAB without much concern for macc. This also plays into the question about what buffs you typically expect- if you expect to have a RDM (Frazzle3) and/or a GEO(malaise/langour options), then even on mid-level content macc becomes a secondary or tertiary concern.

b) if your primary use will be bursting, then building a free nuking set becomes less a priority than a burst set, and those look very different.

Lastly, thoughts.

If the content will be higher end, since you mention slip storage is ok, the Relic +2/+3 set is vastly superior to Jhakri+2, almost across the board. More macc, more +skill, and very respectable MAB/INT numbers. Not to mention boosting some of your other tools and abilities.

If you are building a BLM primarily for bursting, there are still ways to do so with much of your gear on slips to at least have a set with some Magic Burst Bonus.

JSE Cape: +5 MBB
Jhakri+2 feet: +7 MBB
Mizu. Kubkazari neck: +10 MBB
Relic+3 hands: +20 MBB
Relic +3 legs: +3 MBB 2
Mujin Band(ring): +5 MBB 2

That would get you to over 40 Magic Burst Bonus (cap) with a smidge of MBB 2, with all gear except the neck/cape/ring storable (which matches the storage potential of the set you posted). Of course its not going to match combinations that include Amalric+1 and Ea+1 in the mix, but it is storable and much cheaper. Also, all the pieces except the neck and ring would be solid choices for a free nuking set, and 2 uses means less overall gear commitment.

IF your primary use will be free nuking and cleaving with -aga/-aja spells, then consider the AF+3 body. It will severely help you with your MP management, but yes at the cost of damage. If this is a pocket BLM built minimalist, I'm guessing an idle set won't be dripping with +refresh. Regarding the other AF+3, most will be used for non-nuking needs (like legs for drain/aspir), so while extremely valuable, maybe not a direct need for you.

On the Acuity+1 vs Refoc belt question: I'd opt for Sacro if you have it. If not, and those prior 2 are your options, it likely depends on the content you're using this BLM on. Lower content, I'd opt for the MAB-centered Refoccilation Stone. Higher content, I'd go with Acuity+1 (augmented) to help push your dINT stat higher against higher level mobs.
By DaneBlood 2021-05-28 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
question #1- what is the typical level of difficulty you plan on bringing this pocket BLM to? CP? Farming? Omen(including bosses)? Some Escha?

question #2- what buffs will you typically have? (most importantly, a GEO and/or RDM)

question #3- will you be bursting or just free nuking?

question #4- is cost a factor?

Now, why I asked such questions.

a) if you only plan on bringing this BLM to lower level things, Magic Accuracy stops being a primary concern, and you can gear cheaper, and more around INT/MAB without much concern for macc. This also plays into the question about what buffs you typically expect- if you expect to have a RDM (Frazzle3) and/or a GEO(malaise/langour options), then even on mid-level content macc becomes a secondary or tertiary concern.

b) if your primary use will be bursting, then building a free nuking set becomes less a priority than a burst set, and those look very different.

Lastly, thoughts.

If the content will be higher end, since you mention slip storage is ok, the Relic +2/+3 set is vastly superior to Jhakri+2, almost across the board. More macc, more +skill, and very respectable MAB/INT numbers. Not to mention boosting some of your other tools and abilities.

If you are building a BLM primarily for bursting, there are still ways to do so with much of your gear on slips to at least have a set with some Magic Burst Bonus.

JSE Cape: +5 MBB
Jhakri+2 feet: +7 MBB
Mizu. Kubkazari neck: +10 MBB
Relic+3 hands: +20 MBB
Relic +3 legs: +3 MBB 2
Mujin Band(ring): +5 MBB 2

That would get you to over 40 Magic Burst Bonus (cap) with a smidge of MBB 2, with all gear except the neck/cape/ring storable (which matches the storage potential of the set you posted). Of course its not going to match combinations that include Amalric+1 and Ea+1 in the mix, but it is storable and much cheaper. Also, all the pieces except the neck and ring would be solid choices for a free nuking set, and 2 uses means less overall gear commitment.

IF your primary use will be free nuking and cleaving with -aga/-aja spells, then consider the AF+3 body. It will severely help you with your MP management, but yes at the cost of damage. If this is a pocket BLM built minimalist, I'm guessing an idle set won't be dripping with +refresh. Regarding the other AF+3, most will be used for non-nuking needs (like legs for drain/aspir), so while extremely valuable, maybe not a direct need for you.

On the Acuity+1 vs Refoc belt question: I'd opt for Sacro if you have it. If not, and those prior 2 are your options, it likely depends on the content you're using this BLM on. Lower content, I'd opt for the MAB-centered Refoccilation Stone. Higher content, I'd go with Acuity+1 (augmented) to help push your dINT stat higher against higher level mobs.

1: Vagary mainly i think. Omen bosses could be as well as ambuscade VD when the flavour of hte months favours briing a BLM over BRD or WHM
CP is little importance for me and on escha mostlikely he will be brd or cor for buffs and drops so not really into that.

2: Cor rolls and a Geo Debuff on the mob are most likely going to be there.

3: Most likely focussing on freenuking atm. burssting will be a later focus. once i get better into the timmings of things

4: Yes
In willing to spend around 5-6Mil A piece or maybe 10m. but anything above that really needs to outperform the 2nd tier,
at least at this stage

the Relic +2/+3 set is vastly superior to Jhakri+2,
Thank you i will look int o getting this to replace jhakri.

consider the AF+3 body. It will severely help you with your MP management, but yes at the cost of damage. If this is a pocket BLM built minimalist, I'm guessing an idle set won't be dripping with +refresh.
Very good point I have not looked into the idle set yet

but jhakris body is 4
daybreak is 1
moonshade is another 1
assida pants +1 = 1~2

Sadly blm cant reuse the chironc +2 pieces

Also the guide seems t be really weird on some gears
for precast its using lathi instead of griovlr. and a nuking grip instead of a fastcast grip.

it favour ambuscade cape for enfeebling over aurists cape +1 despite aurists cape +1 beating it on both int/mnd and macc
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-28 11:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

jhakri body I will warn you is a very deceiving idle piece for +refresh. Yes, the +4 is darn sexy, and the highest you'll find in the game. It also has zero MP and really crappy magic evasion- if your idle set has less MP than your nuking set, all the +refresh in the world doesn't matter until you're desperate. Going with something that has +3 with better base MP to keep your numbers more even works out as a stronger option in the end. (if you can't tell, I really don't like jhakri lol!)

I was gonna /cry over the moonshade with +refresh, but then I remembered this is on a WHM mule and building a pocket BLM, so doubt you do much WS'ing on it :) But yeah, hitting +6/+7 refresh is a solid build these days in my book. I've never had luck with any +2 refresh DM augments, no matter the set^^ You're likely in good shape.

I'd say you're definitely on the right track in terms of prioritization for BLM on a budget and limited room for gear.

EDIT- I know we're talking storage here as the primary concern, but using club+shield also removes any potential for using Myrkr. If you can make staff/grip work, there are several budget options that will result in better nuking results and give you Myrkr access.

Marin Staff+1- arguably the strongest nuking staff for standard situations out there.
Lathi- an oldie but still a goodie, in particular if thinking Vagary where excess macc isn't as needed.
Mpaca's Staff-if you have access to unlock this, it would be a very cheap option with good nuking stats, as well as gain you a little MBB 2, Fast Cast, and also have +2 refresh for idle. Good even if not augmented.

The guide was likely written with the mindset of changing main/sub and losing TP is problematic as it would negate any potential Myrkr usage.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-05-28 12:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

all the +refresh in the world doesn't matter until you're desperate.

I was gonna /cry over the moonshade with +refresh, but then I remembered this is on a WHM mule and building a pocket BLM, so doubt you do much WS'ing on it :)

I'd say you're definitely on the right track in terms of prioritization for BLM on a budget and limited room for gear.

using club+shield also removes any potential for using Myrkr. If you can make staff/grip work, there are several budget options that will result in better nuking results and give you Myrkr access.

1: This is a very valid point TY.
but from what i gather is that if my mp issue is about how big my max MP is im in pretty good shape. Kinda a 1st world problem.
But i might look into some other refresh budy with better MP pool until MP drops to much. ( i do this on whm with 3 different idle sets depending on MP level)

2: The last WS this mule did was to try to do a red proc in abyssea
He does not ws or engage the Mob :D

3:TY
The reason for this is an abundance of WHM mules flux in the LS recently. so i just took brd to a decent Buff and drop stages (little low on enffeeble/sleep set). and are now trying to make him be a bit more flexible with BLM as well.
I am wondering if i should have gone sch instead but i need something pretty easy to multibox

4:Mykr
Had my attention. im not against changing to a staff setup later.
I will reevaluate space concerns once I've seen the full impact of needed storage,
But i will be looking into BRD sleep/enffeebling song sets first.

Curenbt priroties are
WHM (gets all the rooms and HQ it needs)
BRD (get plenty of room but some NQ gil sacrifices. like blurred harp eand neck
BLM (Reduced space and gil budget)
COR (just for buttery cinnamon olls)
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-05-28 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

When I have a cor with me on blm I like to have a sam roll up if macc isn't desperately needed. This helps me maintain my mp better with more frequent access to myrkr. With the AF body you also have unlimited mp as was mentioned before. Also would focus more on mb gear since you mentionen omen and vd ambu, AFAIK those all focs on mb stuff vs free nukes. Aside from omen obj idk a lot of situations where you would prefer to free nuke. Nq ea set might be a cheap and dirty mb set and you can just pull that off the AH.
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2021-05-28 15:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
When I have a cor with me on blm I like to have a sam roll up if macc isn't desperately needed. This helps me maintain my mp better with more frequent access to myrkr.

Do you mean tacticians?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-28 15:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Wizardstick said: »
Crossbones said: »
When I have a cor with me on blm I like to have a sam roll up if macc isn't desperately needed. This helps me maintain my mp better with more frequent access to myrkr.

Do you mean tacticians?

SAM roll, and STP gear in general, also improves the result of "Occult Acumen". So if you're ever building an Occult set to get TP fast for an emergency Myrkr, and some slots become difficult to find good amounts of that stat, you can always put STP gear in instead and at least get some returns.

If you're casting frequently, Sam roll will give better TP returns and help you get to 1k faster than Tact.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-05-28 15:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'mma give you a + for that, I had no idea SAM roll worked with spellcasting like that for Occult Acumen boost
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
Server: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2021-06-06 20:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious as far as staffs go with proper augs could grioavolr still be worth having? I see everyone swapping to Marin and want to be sure I’m not missing anything
By Nariont 2021-06-06 22:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

if you can line the augs up right grio isnt bad, but marin will still have the INT and mab lead with augs and unity ranking accounted for, INT being the key selling point right now
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2021-06-07 05:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide was likely written with the mindset of changing main/sub and losing TP is problematic as it would negate any potential Myrkr usage.

Absolutely correct, when the guide was written this was the dominant mindset at the time. However, given the current state of the game, it's still meta today to change the main sub during fights depending on what the BLM is doing.

A similar discussion on the SMN thread years ago went into myrkr sets. The school of thought then was that it added more compexity and more points of failure in a fight the pro < cons in smn's case back then.

In the case of BLM I would take the loss of tp for the extra DT (malignance pole) I can get via that slot, while at the same time maximizing the gear in my accessories and armor slots. (much of which is multi job gear anyway, but i might have chosen DT rings instead of the refresh from stikini +1, or on gear I might have chosen different dt gear so I lost out on idle refresh gear)

In my experience myrkr was rarely necessary on BLM.

DaneBlood said: »
Also the guide seems t be really weird on some gears

Yeah sorry about that the author and I are both busy with college /work, I have not made sweeping changes to the guide main in a while but if stuff is way out of spec PM me to fix it. (I like adding downgrade sets too)
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-22 10:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've got a question for you guys. Which do you think is better to burst in. Marin staff +1 with enki, or bunzi's rod with ammu shield? The staff has higher int, but the rod and shield have more magic attack and 30 or so odd base damage as well. The rod can get +20 additional MaB off augs too.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-22 10:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
So I've got a question for you guys. Which do you think is better to burst in. Marin staff +1 with enki, or bunzi's rod with ammu shield? The staff has higher int, but the rod and shield have more magic attack and 30 or so odd base damage as well. The rod can get +20 additional MaB off augs as well.

likely boils down to the old adage "depends on the target"- in particular your dINT. If the extra INT of Marin+1/Enki doesn't bring you up a tier, then Bunzi/Ammurapi will win out.

BG Wiki page on Magic Damage, in particular review the "D: INT-adjusted Base Damage"

While I haven't done this direct comparison, I do know that in Atonement 3 fights on V15, I had to stop using Laevateinn/Enki in lieu of Marin+1/Enki to increase my dINT value. I do know the "magic burst bonus" on the Bunzi's Rod is completely wasted on BLM. Our other natural gear selections easily cap MBB1 without any in the weapon slots.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-06-22 10:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

^^I have the same question, although not so much in a straight 2-for-2 main/sub swap sense, but more as it pertains to redoing the whole gear set to better utilize Bunzi's +10 MBD which is bringing any reasonably geared BLM over MBD cap (so basically... take extra MBD off the earrings/rings, right?).
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-22 10:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
^^I have the same question, although not so much in a straight 2-for-2 main/sub swap sense, but more as it pertains to redoing the whole gear set to better utilize Bunzi's +10 MBD which is bringing any reasonably geared BLM over MBD cap (so basically... take extra MBD off the earrings/rings, right?).

I think its hard to make work. Ea+1 head/body/legs are such natural BiS choices that can't be topped for bursting due to the massive amounts of MBB2. Our JSE+2 neck again is not going to be touched due to 15INT and ridiculous amounts of magic accuracy, so the +10 MBB1 just comes on its own. Our Ambuscade Capes also have +5 MBB1 without augments, so once augmented for damage, there's nothing to beat it.

So since we need +40 MBB1 to cap-

+5 on back
+10 on neck
+7 on head
+8 on legs
+9 on body

And there's +39 MBB1 in the naturally best bursting option pieces without anything else. There's no real "better damage" option you gain by using Bunzi's Rod and "freeing up" one of those slots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-22 11:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »

I think its hard to make work. Ea+1 head/body/legs are such natural BiS choices that can't be topped for bursting due to the massive amounts of MBB2. Our JSE+2 neck again is not going to be touched due to 15INT and ridiculous amounts of magic accuracy, so the +10 MBB1 just comes on its own. Our Ambuscade Capes also have +5 MBB1 without augments, so once augmented for damage, there's nothing to beat it.

So since we need +40 MBB1 to cap-

+5 on back
+10 on neck
+7 on head
+8 on legs
+9 on body

And there's +39 MBB1 in the naturally best bursting option pieces without anything else. There's no real "better damage" option you gain by using Bunzi's Rod and "freeing up" one of those slots.
This is spot on as of right now blm gear isn't gonna change much at all when it comes to bursting aspir set changed elemental debuff gear changes a little but overall blm is still gonna be stuck using the same gear it's been in for what 3 years now?
While odyssey gear was good for every melee job the mage ones basically outside of sch getting better nuking set sucks. This is just looking based on stats btw I'm gonna make a few pieces and test when people done with bumba.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-22 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

While odyssey gear was good for every melee job the mage ones basically outside of sch getting better nuking set sucks.

hey now....some of that Nyame Path A will make for one helluva amazing Mythic AM3 TP set on BLM ;) ^^

serious note- yeah it was a kick to the teeth for BLM, BRD, GEO, WHM, and RDM. When the "offensive mage" set shines the most on Rune Fencer, I think that says it best.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-22 13:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"depends on the target"-

That pretty much answers my question. The target I was referring to is Ongo. My group's run into a snag putting out enough damage in time, and we've made a couple of attempts. I'm really starting to hate that bird and I just want to get the kill and move on. I guess I'll stick with the marin staff +1 then, based off what others have mentioned about INT.

And on that note there's something else that I've been wondering about. Is there ever a situation where Rank 15 Ghastly Tathlum +1 doesn't beat pemph tathlum in a nuking set? It's got the magic damage for low tier nukes, and 11 INT for high tier nukes. The difference is 4 Int and 4 Mab versus 11 Int and 21 spell damage. They're fairly close so I never bothered to ask, but since we're on a similar subject anyway I figured I'd throw it out there.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-22 14:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"depends on the target"-

That pretty much answers my question. The target I was referring to is Ongo. My group's run into a snag putting out enough damage in time, and we've made a couple of attempts. I'm really starting to hate that bird and I just want to get the kill and move on. I guess I'll stick with the marin staff +1 then, based off what others have mentioned about INT.

And on that note there's something else that I've been wondering about. Is there ever a situation where Rank 15 Ghastly Tantalum +1 doesn't beat pemph tantalum in a nuking set? It's got the magic damage for low tier nukes, and 11 INT for high tier nukes. The difference is 4 Int and 4 Mab versus 11 Int and 21 spell damage. They're fairly close so I never bothered to ask, but since we're on a similar subject anyway I figured I'd throw it out there.
Whats your setup and stuff for ongo I more than likely can give alot tips for it.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-22 14:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried SCH, BLM, Geo, Brd, Cor, Run last night. We took it to 20%. Didn't get wild card to reset 2hrs among a few other minor things, but nothing major felt off in JA usage. I opened with ele seal + 1hr JAs + impact and got burn to land at start. Stoneja into an opening 87k stone VI and 70K ish Stone V at the start and pushed Ongo to use his 1hr with 80% HP by about a minute and a half, but then damage teetered off and as the fight went on things slowed down dramatically. I also only had Normal quality EA yesterday but I upgraded to the HQ today for another attempt tonight. This is my current setup. I do have bunzi's rod and shield, but from the sounds of it I want to run with the staff instead. No regal earring, but other than that I think I have what I'm supposed to.

ItemSet 380385

we've tried the ranger and corsair skillchain strategy in the past too, but that just ended up working less optimally. We only got it to like...30% I think with that strategy. I think people know the rotations, cor was using earth shot.. etc. I'm not sure if it was just bad luck or if we're missing something important. Any advice would be appreciated.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-06-22 15:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rayke x3 is very important. We tried various setups as well, but ended with run cor brd geo sch blm. Hope for good Random Deals, 5/5 Loaded Deck merits
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-06-22 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Rayke x3 is very important. We tried various setups as well, but ended with run cor brd geo sch blm. Hope for good Random Deals, 5/5 Loaded Deck merits

Also dont have your RUN blow other JA's like Battuta/Valliance//OFA/Swordplay etc, if only Gambit/Rayke are on cooldown you have a better chance to get them recharged

Rayke->Rayke(off)->Gambit->Gambit(off)-> Random Deal
Rayke->Rayke(off)->Gambit->Gambit(off)-> Wild Card

Make sure other jobs are running in for RD/WC also, especially BLM with ES/Manawell

This is the crux of the fight, You cant hit 20k+ w/o Gambit or Rayke. I dont care what staff you're using and what GEO bubbles are up
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-22 15:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We tried SCH, BLM, Geo, Brd, Cor, Run last night. We took it to 20%. Didn't get wild card to reset 2hrs among a few other minor things, but nothing major felt off in JA usage. I opened with ele seal + 1hr JAs + impact and got burn to land at start. Stoneja into an opening 87k stone VI and 70K ish Stone V at the start and pushed Ongo to use his 1hr with 80% HP by about a minute and a half, but then damage teetered off and as the fight went on things slowed down dramatically. I also only had Normal quality EA yesterday but I upgraded to the HQ today for another attempt tonight. This is my current setup. I do have bunzi's rod and shield, but from the sounds of it I want to run with the staff instead. No regal earring, but other than that I think I have what I'm supposed to.

ItemSet 380385

we've tried the ranger and corsair skillchain strategy in the past too, but that just ended up working less optimally. We only got it to like...30% I think with that strategy. I think people know the rotations, cor was using earth shot.. etc. I'm not sure if it was just bad luck or if we're missing something important. Any advice would be appreciated.
Your gear is solid my next question is how are the other nukers gear? Is the cor doing Earth shot right before SC close? It sounds like damage coming from you is fine but 20% seems like geo sch aren't nuking the best. I did this with just ea hat +1 rest was nq for v15 as a test to make sure shell could use other blms and save money. Geo and sch should be nuking geo should have atleast NQ ea gear and sch should have awgu body legs hands feet. or Amarlic +1 feet and hands if they want. Should be using relic head +3 I had sch use bunzi rod with ammurapi shield for extra INT. Geo bubbles should be INT Acumen and malaise or something to help tank for entrust.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-22 15:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Asura.Wotasu said: »

Also dont have your RUN blow other JA's like Battuta/Valliance//OFA/Swordplay etc, if only Gambit/Rayke are on cooldown you have a better chance to get them recharged

Rayke->Rayke(off)->Gambit->Gambit(off)-> Wild Card

Make sure other jobs are running in for RD/WC also, especially BLM with ES/Manawell

This is the crux of the fight, You cant hit 20k+ w/o Gambit or Rayke. I dont care what staff you're using and what GEO bubbles are up
I disagree with the no 20k without gambit its not hard to do given the right gear. Other than that though you spot on with run not wasting any other real JA if they dont need to do so.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-22 15:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do Gambit before Rayke, you can have it active the whole time Rayke is up, maximizing benefit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50