The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 48 49 50
 Asura.Koyote
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: omegaxll
By Asura.Koyote 2018-10-06 03:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, i'm a old school returning player, and i would like some example of BIS sets for BLM, nuke, MB, idle sets, etc.. anyone able to help me please ? Thanks a lot

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Koyote
user: omegaxll
By Asura.Koyote 2018-10-06 07:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank You
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-10-19 08:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Max burst damage set:
ItemSet 351869
(Yes Lathi(path A) out damages Raetic staff+1)
The only reason this would not win is if MACC is an issue, which is a real conversation to be had, it totally depends on the content level and the buffs/debuffs

IE: You are CPing on lvl 135-137 nothing will out damage this. If Malaise is present you should be hitting 99k on T5/T6, basically annihilating everything If you are nuking wave3 dynamis mobs that probably wont be the case.

With the dynamis (wave3) macc requirements there truly is a need for a macc/resistant toggle, However you want to do it. Focus/Languor can only go so far for you

With all this being said I would wait at least 2 weeks because I am guessing and hoping the Su5 Kaumodaki, will be the best nuking staff, however its off to a bad start with converts 5% of MP to damage as the route SE has pointed it thus far

Toralin:

Now that the dust has settled on Su5. What's your consensus on Magic Burst sets?

Possibly two sets, nonmacc vs. macc (thoughts are like reisn bursting NMs vs wave2+3)

Thanks in advance!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-19 12:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm probably going to start working on my blm soon. I'm only at ~600 JP, and I think I have a pretty decent free nuke set. Would anyone mind giving me a bit of advice on where I can improve it?

ItemSet 362302

Augs and Alts:
lathi: Path A
Grioavolr: 28 macc 22 matk 9% crit (Alt magic accuracy nukes)
merlinic hood: 7 INT 30 macc 32 matk 3 mdmg
merlinic jubbah: 5 INT 39 macc 32 matk -5 enmity
merlinic shalwar: 25 macc 37 matk 6 fast cast
merlinic crackows: 36 macc 37 matk 11 mdmg
By Pantafernando 2018-10-19 12:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I'm probably going to start working on my blm soon. I'm only at ~600 JP, and I think I have a pretty decent free nuke set. Would anyone mind giving me a bit of advice on where I can improve it?

ItemSet 362302

Augs and Alts:
lathi: Path A
Grioavolr: 28 macc 22 matk 9% crit (Alt magic accuracy nukes)
merlinic hood: 7 INT 30 macc 32 matk 3 mdmg
merlinic jubbah: 5 INT 39 macc 32 matk -5 enmity
merlinic shalwar: 25 macc 37 matk 6 fast cast
merlinic crackows: 36 macc 37 matk 11 mdmg

Prob the next step would be farming some money to grab HQ amalric pieces and possibly a jse neckpiece
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-19 14:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Max burst damage set:
ItemSet 351869
The only reason this would not win is if MACC is an issue, which is a real conversation to be had, it totally depends on the content level and the buffs/debuffs

IE: You are CPing on lvl 135-137 nothing will out damage this. If Malaise is present you should be hitting 99k on T5/T6, basically annihilating everything If you are nuking wave3 dynamis mobs that probably wont be the case.

With the dynamis (wave3) macc requirements there truly is a need for a macc/resistant toggle, However you want to do it. Focus/Languor can only go so far for you

With all this being said I would wait at least 2 weeks because I am guessing and hoping the Su5 Kaumodaki, will be the best nuking staff, however its off to a bad start with converts 5% of MP to damage as the route SE has pointed it thus far

Toralin:

Now that the dust has settled on Su5. What's your consensus on Magic Burst sets?

Possibly two sets, nonmacc vs. macc (thoughts are like reisn bursting NMs vs wave2+3)

Thanks in advance!

I use the same but the JSE neck
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-10-19 14:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the order generally for Amalric +1?

Hands > ? > ? > ?

I feel like (I haven't parsed) I've got macc issues. How much would loosing the macc on legs/feet hurt in a switch to Amalric?

Follow up question, Ea +1 should be prioritized over Amalric +1?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-19 15:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you need all amarlic+1, head would be the only optional piece but great for refresh/aquaveil macro piece and death MP piece.

Ea you need head/legs/body, id say body last, but thats just the way I use my af3+3 coat

Priority wise you just have to ask yourself to you nuke more or magic burst more. then that would drive the priority
By Pantafernando 2018-10-19 16:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hands > ? > ? > ?

I feel like (I haven't parsed) I've got macc issues. How much would loosing the macc on legs/feet hurt in a switch to Amalric?

Im considering myself upgrade my blm with few hq pieces for burst purposes.

Im considering hands > legs > ea hat > feet (in terms of strength imo) > body (basically because im thinking on long apex sessions so af coat but surely body for blu cleaving) > ea body (though im not sure how this will do against massive mab from almaric).

Thats just my personal opinion
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-19 16:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Hands > ? > ? > ?

Im considering hands > legs > ea hat > feet (in terms of strength imo) > body (basically because im thinking on long apex sessions so af coat but surely body for blu cleaving) > ea body (though im not sure how this will do against massive mab from almaric).

The way I have my lua set is at 50% it goes into RecoverMP mode, so it will nuke with af3+3 coat and sub in my jhakri+2 feet for the lost MBB. If I am above 50% it goes into my max dmg set. High numbers are awesome but if you miss one magic burst b/c you are converting, or Mykr's or whaever then DPS wise its not worth it
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-11-01 20:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Max burst damage set:
ItemSet 351869

Toralin:

Thanks in advance!

I use the same but the JSE neck

In terms of wave 3 content. End game things. What's your take on Grio vs Raetic+1?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-11-02 02:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Hands > ? > ? > ?

The way I have my lua set is at 50% it goes into RecoverMP mode, so it will nuke with af3+3 coat and sub in my jhakri+2 feet for the lost MBB. If I am above 50% it goes into my max dmg set. High numbers are awesome but if you miss one magic burst b/c you are converting, or Mykr's or whaever then DPS wise its not worth it

I've also got a lua attached to the guide that will swap in if the Nuke would leave you below 500 MP (you can set the value to not drop you below a certian number rather than just %). It also has plenty of values to automatically swap you in and out of Death Idle and Fast Cast sets based on your current MP or if you use Aspir or Myrkr to gain MP, however I will make the disclaimer that it is a pain in the *** to set it up the first time.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-11-02 02:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The pecking order for the staves can be somewhat subjective. in terms of pure damage, technically Lathi wins. However, Raetic offers more damage than Griovolr, at the cost of extra MP. Whether you'd be better off using Lathi, Grio, or Raetic can depend on how good your sets are overall.

For example, if your nuking sets are fleshed out, but you have very bad sets for Myrkr, Aspir, etc, then Raetic may force you to use AF body sooner, and you lose out on damage on that side, whereas if you are getting an appropriate amount of TP from Occult Accumen, using Myrkr or Sublimation, Convert, etc, effectively (and when it is most sensible to do so from a DPS perspective) then Raetic and Lathi are the more comparable of the two, with the obvious stipulation that Lathi has a problem with lower magic accuracy.

If you have a master RDM in party, you can probably get away with it and get the best of both worlds (or if the content level is below 135 or so), otherwise it may be worth sticking to Raetic. If your utility sets are garb, then it may be better to just stick to Grio.

I know that doesn't give a definitive answer, but hopefully it at least helps.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-11-02 07:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
The pecking order for the staves can be somewhat subjective. in terms of pure damage, technically Lathi wins. However, Raetic offers more damage than Griovolr, at the cost of extra MP. Whether you'd be better off using Lathi, Grio, or Raetic can depend on how good your sets are overall.

For example, if your nuking sets are fleshed out, but you have very bad sets for Myrkr, Aspir, etc, then Raetic may force you to use AF body sooner, and you lose out on damage on that side, whereas if you are getting an appropriate amount of TP from Occult Accumen, using Myrkr or Sublimation, Convert, etc, effectively (and when it is most sensible to do so from a DPS perspective) then Raetic and Lathi are the more comparable of the two, with the obvious stipulation that Lathi has a problem with lower magic accuracy.

If you have a master RDM in party, you can probably get away with it and get the best of both worlds (or if the content level is below 135 or so), otherwise it may be worth sticking to Raetic. If your utility sets are garb, then it may be better to just stick to Grio.

I know that doesn't give a definitive answer, but hopefully it at least helps.

Thanks! I think my aspir set is decent. I checked your item sets but i cant tell what augments you have, can you elaborate for me please?

Im having a hard time accepting the mp loss on raetic, but if its substantially more damage then possibly? Is the margin small from a good augmented grio to raetic? (grio being 15int+ 30mab+ 30macc+ at a minimum)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-02 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrne is right, if you dont maintain good MP then you're always having to nuke in your AF coat, (that should be +3 for sure.) But who cares if your using Raetic Staff, if your always having to lose the Ea Houp +1 in your burst set because you have on AF body to keep your MP up.

Its just like a melee job, if you have a bard/geo giving buffs your not going to be in your max acc set, if you DONT have those buffs your going to increase your accuracy. Its the same exact concept for Macc. Its not as black and white because a parser tells you if you miss, it doesnt count resists(would be cool to know but to my knowledge you cant tell other than "eyeballing".) Thats hard to tell if maybe its a resist or the mob has shell on, various other things

If you have focus and/or languor from an idris on a mage style wave3, with stewpot and topped up gear/(master of course). Lathi is going to nuke hardest.

If you have one BLM party and just malaise on, well maybe you goto Grio with more acc

Have fun at Oseem with (15int+ 30mab+ 30macc) been there done that. Only to have the Lathi nuke harder

EDIT: Trust me no one more than me wants Lathi to be outperformed by SOMETHING for dropping huge bombs on BLM, but it doesnt exist.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-11-02 08:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

I got lucky with grio... int15 macc29 mab30 mbd9 mdg8

I dont think reatic will be a good choice?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-02 09:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

I got lucky with grio... int15 macc29 mab32 mbd9 mdg8

I dont think reatic will be a good choice?

cool mab32?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-11-02 09:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

typo. its 30
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-11-02 09:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed.

Question though... Would a raetic beat that?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-11-02 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

dunno walk outside Adoulin and cast Thunder6 on some mobs see which nukes harder

The only thing I use Raetic Staff +1 for is Helix
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-11-02 09:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantastic. Your second comment was exactly what I was looking for.

TY!
By Nyarlko 2018-11-11 19:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So... It's been a while since Div weapons came out, and I have yet to see any testing/info on the BLM staff.

Does anyone have one who wouldn't mind testing a couple things?

• MP return on dmg taken: Where does this fit into the damage formula? Really only matters w/ Mana Wall up.

• ManaWall+%: Confirm that we can indeed reach 100% potency.

I really don't have the gil to throw around for testing purposes, or I'd do so myself. :(
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-11-11 23:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
So... It's been a while since Div weapons came out, and I have yet to see any testing/info on the BLM staff.

• MP return on dmg taken: Where does this fit into the damage formula? Really only matters w/ Mana Wall up.

I really don't have the gil to throw around for testing purposes, or I'd do so myself. :(

I'm not sure I know if anyone has tested it. Possibly Toralin, frankly he has more experience on the job than I do.

As for Mana Wall though, bear in mind that Mana Wall stacks in the same term as DT, so it is not really necessary to have more than master/cape/feet and DT gear to get an incredibly beefy set.

Perhaps you know this already, but I thought it was worth a mention.
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2018-11-12 03:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested staff and totally useless...

Current max manawall bonus without staff is 95% 50+20(jp)+15(feet)+10(back)

After many tests on staff, i saw there is a cap for manawall at 95%, so the only use of this staff is to unlock empy feet.
Unfortunately, it's preferable to use a nuke staff and lock feet than use this staff with nuke feet.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-11-12 07:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
Nyarlko said: »

I'm not sure I know if anyone has tested it. Possibly Toralin, frankly he has more experience on the job than I do.

As for Mana Wall though, bear in mind that Mana Wall stacks in the same term as DT, so it is not really necessary to have more than master/cape/feet and DT gear to get an incredibly beefy set.

Perhaps you know this already, but I thought it was worth a mention.

Mana Wall is not in the same term as DT. The basic function of how DT is multiplicative with Mana Wall should be proof enough of that part.

Pre-staves, a mastered BLM could reach a max of MW+95% (resulting in 95% damage reduction,) and DT-50% would raise the total to 97.5%.

Post-staves, it should be possible for a mastered BLM to surpass MW+100%, resulting in full and total damage immunity with 50% uptime even when naked (except for Kaumodaki + Taranus's Cape,) and well, that just sounds like too much damn fun for me to ignore. XD

Asura.Doryl said: »
I tested staff and totally useless...

Current max manawall bonus without staff is 95% 50+20(jp)+15(feet)+10(back)

After many tests on staff, i saw there is a cap for manawall at 95%, so the only use of this staff is to unlock empy feet.
Unfortunately, it's preferable to use a nuke staff and lock feet than use this staff with nuke feet.

@#$%^&*(&^%$#@#$%^& Well, crap. That is exactly what I was afraid of, and exactly why I asked. T_T I figured there might be some sort of conflict between normal gear and the staves due to the staves being an augment or an overall cap.. /cry
Thank you for the answer even so.

/sigh.... SE just can't ever seem to give us nice things that are actually nice. :( That extra 5% would've been AMAZING and worth the pricetag.
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2018-11-12 10:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i was disgusted when i bought and tested it.

I tried to find an utility of this, but except inventory-1 in mog house, i don't see... It's lv10/25 since 2 month and i don't think i'll up it more.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-12 11:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if SE knew how to make a viable Ultimate staff period we could have nice things. Totally missed the chance to fix staves like Laev and can't introduce a new one worth a damn.
[+]
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-11-12 11:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintaining AM2/AM1 on Laevateinn isn't difficult, we have manawall so getting in range shouldn't be fatal, and the superior macc on the staff helps tremendously.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-11-12 11:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »
Maintaining AM2/AM1 on Laevateinn isn't difficult, we have manawall so getting in range shouldn't be fatal, and the superior macc on the staff helps tremendously.

Completely agree. However, making that staff without any base INT on it really hurts. I've found that without an AM2 of 2500TP or higher, a Raetic+1 typically outparses Laev with a lower AM2 and easily if no AM.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 48 49 50