Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM Macro sets
BLM Macro sets
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-09-16 09:07:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have mine set by elements. First step is gear swap for that element and then moves to a different macro set for the spell list that pertains to that element. If it's an enfeeb then I'll have enfeeb specific gear swaps just for that spell. Only downside I have for it is when I solo. Takes to long to click through so I have a seperate set made up for soloing.

Example:

Set1:
Select Dark(Gear swap for dark spells)-> Goto Set 8

Set8:
Drain|Aspir|Sleep|Sleep II|Blind
Select Dark Spell(casts spell)-> Back to Set 1
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-16 09:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my one and only macro set I use for BLM.

User submitted image

If I need a different spell, I either manually type it or select from the menu. Each of the elemental spells has a windower macro swap that changes all of my gear for the corresponding spell. I edit the FFXI macro if I want to use obi or tonban to comment or uncomment those lines as needed. Such as this:

Quote:
//exec blm\\thunder.txt
/ma "Thunder IV" <t>
/wait 1
//equip waist "Rarin Obi"
//equip legs "Sorcerer's Tonban"
//equip head "Sorcerer's Petasos"

The extra / on the equips prevent them from firing off until I take a backslash out. Sure its a little unconventional as compared to say spellcast, but it gets the job done just fine for me.

The Target macro (ALT+1) is for quickly targeting a mob I'm kiting and saying who it has hate on.
Quote:
/target <lastst>
/target <stnpc>
/assist <lastst>
/wait 1
/party <lastst>'s target: <t>
 Alexander.Zayo
Server: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-16 11:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Spellcast sounds awesome tbh, though I can see how some people would be turned off by its use. I've seen some solo videos that I didn't think where possible, didn't know all what spellcast did, now I know how they did them...
I've got to get some sleep before Dynamis, but I'll post my current macro sets as well to show how I have mine set up being on a 360.
 Odin.Eirwen
Server: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-16 12:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be interesting to see, Zayo. :)

Weird how I use 3 sets for BLM/whateversub, but only one set for my PLD75, with -still- 3 free slots XD
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
Server: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-09-16 13:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My sets kind of look like Hypno's, however I dont have water or Aero macro'd on my main set, more space for Sleepga, Sleep1 and Sleep2.

Not to mention I need 2 macros to get sorc ring latent to trigger, since I am without windower for the time being.

I also have trigger gear, Sorc. Tonban, Uggy pendant...on another set.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-16 13:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaroca said:
My sets kind of look like Hypno's, however I dont have water or Aero macro'd on my main set, more space for Sleepga, Sleep1 and Sleep2.

I'm a fast typist, my Slp2 macro is just Sleepga2. If I'm just doing a single target sleep, I'll just type out /ma sleep <t> and then press the macro for the appropriate gear swap.

I know I could always just get rid of Fire4, Water4, Stone4 because how often do you find yourself, as a BLM, casting those? Then I'd have room for the extra sleep macros, but I can type them out just as easily and it works for me. Compact keyboard for life!
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-17 05:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on a 360 so please excuse the lack of a clean screen shot option. Taking pictures of my screen with a digital camera just seems so... un tech.

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

User submitted image

For the BLM/SCH set, "Larts" and "Darts" are Dark and Light arts, with "Larts" also having my light staff and addedum:white on it as it only gets used when I need access to WHM spells mainly. Also "Fast" and "Less" have both JA versions for Light or Dark, just stacked so if one doesn't fire off, the other will, no wait between the two.

All Enf. based spells have the gear needed on them, my Ele. based spells all have the Staff and strap that match the element. If I cast a Ele. spell after an Enf. spell I must then also hit my "Up" macro. It has been something I made from scratch and have adjusted as I leveled and new challenges came about. I have Hands and Feet that I change in the menu for the task at hand as none of my macros change those two slots ever for BLM. I use Cobra Unit Gloves and Crackows for most things even Dynamis, as the two have proven to me to be better than the AF hands and the AF2 Boots that I've recently got from Dynamis (check my profile for the screen shot of my 666 lot for them lol *not approved at the time of posting, maybe tomorrow). I do use a ice ring with my af hands on ice days, but this isn't a gear thread, and my gear is "do as good as you can with what you got" type of situation. For HNM the AF tends to go back on lol.

Big thanks to everyone that has spent time on this.

I do plan on reworking them as I mentioned at the start of the thread, once they are done I'll repost images and info on them. Then I'll move on to my RDM macros ><; they dont have any gear swaps what so ever, not even staffs... I do well with it, but I know how much better it would be with proper usage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-09-17 08:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

wow i think i would die if i had to play BLM on a console wihtout the aid of spellcast

User submitted image
All common used spells, all elements are t4 on this bar

User submitted image
my self buffs, Blink (includes a wait followed by phalanx, blink first but im 99% of the time /rdm) all -ga's are t3 and also all my merited AM2's
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-17 08:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really looking for gear lists or spellcast macros.
 Odin.Eirwen
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-17 10:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa Zoya. Your macros already look more organized than mine, though I understand why you want to rework on them.

As for Spellcast... I'm not hardcore enough on BLM to even consider using it ^^;
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 10:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Zayo said:
User submitted image

I'm just a little confused why you have Fire4 on this list [BLM/RDM]. It just seems out of place to me.

-- On second thought nevermind, its placing on the macro list is what seems out of place. I usually use Aero4 as my 3rd nuke if Thund/Bliz 4 are down.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-17 10:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Krazyrs said:
wow i think i would die if i had to play BLM on a console wihtout the aid of spellcast

Does it suck to know that you can't play Blm without a program doing the work for ya. I've had friends rave up and down about how superman spell cast is and tried talking me into using it. I respectively told them to go suck it. I enjoy playing the game and always looking for the next challenge, it's kinda sad to see this trend of people letting a program play for them. On the same token if that's what ya need to enjoy the job, i can care less.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-09-17 10:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
I have mine set by elements. First step is gear swap for that element and then moves to a different macro set for the spell list that pertains to that element. If it's an enfeeb then I'll have enfeeb specific gear swaps just for that spell. Only downside I have for it is when I solo. Takes to long to click through so I have a seperate set made up for soloing.

Example:

Set1:
Select Dark(Gear swap for dark spells)-> Goto Set 8

Set8:
Drain|Aspir|Sleep|Sleep II|Blind
Select Dark Spell(casts spell)-> Back to Set 1

What is the syntax do change macro palletes/sets? I never knew you could do that. So you could basically have a loop, can cap enfeebs in sea with the touch of one button and afk {Long time.}? >_>
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 10:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

/macro book #
/macro set #

Command/macro

hypnotizd from "BLMs, Please listen." thread said:
I suppose it would be possible to use the ingame macro system for more than 6 gear swaps from the same macro combo by the following. But it will require you to hit he same macro 4 times for all the swapping to take place and bring you back to your starting macro set.

BLM Book Macro Set #1
CTRL+1:
/equip main itemname
/equip sub itemname
/equip ammo item name
/equip head item name
/equip neck item name
/macro set 2

BLM Book Macro Set #2
CTRL+1:
/equip ear1 itemname
/equip ear2 itemname
/equip body itemnam
/equip hands itemname
/equip ring1 itemname
/macro set 3

BLM Book Macro Set #3
CTRL+1:
/equip ring2 itemname
/equip back itemname
/equip waist itemname
/equip legs itemname
/equip feet itemname
/macro set 4

BLM Book Macro Set #4
CTRL+1
/magic "Blizard IV" <stnpc>
/macro set 1

Triet said:
So you could basically have a loop, can cap enfeebs in sea with the touch of one button and afk {Long time.}? >_>

No, you can only do up to 6 lines with one touch of a button. You'd have to sit there and keep pressing it.
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-09-17 11:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:

Triet said:
So you could basically have a loop, can cap enfeebs in sea with the touch of one button and afk {Long time.}? >_>

No, you can only do up to 6 lines with one touch of a button. You'd have to sit there and keep pressing it.

Oooooh, okay I get it know, for some reason I was thinking it automatically would hit a macro but it just takes you to the book/set you choose. Ha-ha, I knew that. Thanks.
 Odin.Eirwen
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-17 13:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Eirwen said:
#PAGE 10#

#PAGE 1#
* Stone - T4, T3, T2
* Water - T4, T3, T2
* Aero - T4, T3, T2
* Fire - T4, T3, T2
* Blizzard - T4, T3, T2
* Thunder - T4, T3, T2
* Bio - T2, T1

* Aspir
* Gravity
* Stun

I am a little confused what these macros do. Is it:
Line1- /ma "Stone Iv" <t>
Line2- /wait xx time
Line3- /ma "Stone III" <t>
Line4- /wait xx time
Line5- /ma "Stone II" <t>

Or... I'm curious what there true function is.

Eirwen said:

@Motoko
Thanks ^^ Kinda got the idea after learning about a certain SMN macro years ago.

Also, it's with <lastst> on the last two spells, in case I happen to tab away after hitting the macro, to prevent mistakes ^^;
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-09-17 15:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Krazyrs said:

Does it suck to know that you can't play Blm without a program doing the work for ya. I've had friends rave up and down about how superman spell cast is and tried talking me into using it. I respectively told them to go suck it. I enjoy playing the game and always looking for the next challenge, it's kinda sad to see this trend of people letting a program play for them. On the same token if that's what ya need to enjoy the job, i can care less.

oh thats interesting... it makes you a better mage when you press 2-3 Macros instat of one? Setting up spellcast is more work then any set of macros and it doesnt do the job for you <.<

anyways...
what i only can suggest all you is to have a standing/o-***macro in your spelllines too.
Which exist out of f.e. Refreshbody (Blackcloak everyone can get) Earthstaff and w/e else you have.. Jelly Ring, Checiot/Umbra cape etc. So when you idle you get autorefresh and when you get hit you have better chance to survive with less dmg taken^^
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-09-17 16:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The macro set I use most of the blm time looks like this.

CTRL
1 ES
2 Astral (/equip Zlegs, Zcrown, Zfeet, Serket ring)
3 Sorc (/equip Jetlegs, Sorc Petasos, Yigit Kracks, Sorc ring)
(#2 followed by #3 while wearing Zmitts readies activated sorc ring)
4 UP (This /equips normal gear opposed to #5)
5 rest (/equip mp resting gears)
6 Tier 4 nuke (with /equips)
7 Tier 3 nuke (with /equips)
8 Tier 4 nuke (etc)
9 Tier 4 nuke (etc)
10 Assist

Alt
1 Gravity (equips)
2 Bind (equips)
3 burn (equips)
4 choke (equips)
5 shock (equips)
6 Bio II (equips)
7 Sleep II (equips)
8 Sleepga II (equips)
9 Assist (melee)or /target <stnpc>
10 Stun

In ctrl notice no AM2. AM2 are ussually timed or used after another spell the way I blm so having one ready manual wastes no time.

The gearswaps in ctrl are vital and the -hp from sorc is a great setup for drain on puddings when that 3rd nuke falls a little short or other similiar times.

in ALT the grav and bind are essential /rdm solo stuff.

The ALT dots are handy when fighting in campaign, nyzul bosses, really any time the enemy has alot of hp and sleeping the enemy is not in the plan.

The sleeps in ALT help solo when sleep becomes necessary and aga for dynamis mostly.

Stun is the only thing blms need in "Oh Crap" situations. In solo it should give plenty of time to shoot off a grav, bind, or sleep spell. Stun can give you time to run. In Dyna or big HP mobs I use stun to give melee extra time to kill an enemy my nuke (which steals hate) doesn't finish. Stun can help you save a buddy in a similiar situation.

In "Oh Crap!" situations should be known that both gravity and bind cast faster then the time inbetween hits of most mobs and stoneskin with blink should buy time aswell.
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-17 17:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Zayo said:
User submitted image

I'm just a little confused why you have Fire4 on this list [BLM/RDM]. It just seems out of place to me.

-- On second thought nevermind, its placing on the macro list is what seems out of place. I usually use Aero4 as my 3rd nuke if Thund/Bliz 4 are down.

I use it after Freeze2 on puddings, hence the odd placement.
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-17 17:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mindi said:

what i only can suggest all you is to have a standing/o-***macro in your spelllines too.
Which exist out of f.e. Refreshbody (Blackcloak everyone can get) Earthstaff and w/e else you have.. Jelly Ring, Checiot/Umbra cape etc. So when you idle you get autorefresh and when you get hit you have better chance to survive with less dmg taken^^

Great idea! I have a "Cloak" macro that is close to this, but no -damage gear like the earth staff. I'll be adjusting that macro as soon as I get online, thanks Mindi!

@Hypno I guess if a mage needed to change that much gear that would be the answer, but that just seems like it would get you killed trying to solo with macros like that. Still, its an idea I had not thought of, thanks for sharing!
 Odin.Eirwen
By Odin.Eirwen 2009-09-18 02:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zayo said:
Mindi said:

Great idea! I have a "Cloak" macro that is close to this, but no -damage gear like the earth staff. I'll be adjusting that macro as soon as I get online, thanks Mindi!

Me too. I might even still have that macro somewhere. But instead of it functioning for "standing/o-***", I use it more when I am skilling up in besieged or don't want to run out of MP too fast in Campaign.

My real "standing/o-***" macro is actually my "Rest" one. In that, I have all this hMP stuff, and equipment with the highest defense. Then I manually pick the Earth Staff and voila.
 Bahamut.Ryousuke
Server: Bahamut
user: Ryousuke
By Bahamut.Ryousuke 2009-09-20 05:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have windower and I play on PC. A bit of a clutz with staying on the right macro page when in emergencies, so here is my set of BLM macros

Set1: Situational/slow set that I don't use in emergencies, only when something is not done in a hurry, is timenuked, or I'll have time to swap macroplates when I'm midcast something else
CTRL
Burn(with max INT gear)//Choke <t>, wait1, Shock <stnpc>//7:relic pants//8:skill//9:hmp//0:standing
ALT
Stun//Freeze2//Burst2//Tornado2//Thundaga3//Blizzaga3//Sleepga2//Sleepga//Sleep2//Sleep

Set2: Normal set
CTRL (for the nukes with different neckpieces, I smash the one with the corresponding element and the neckpiece I want after the nuke starts casting - eg. thunder4 with torque, I press ctrl1 and 3 in succession)
Thunder4(with ugg)//Ice4(with ugg)//Thunder3(with torque)//Ice3(with torque)//bio2//pasted macro-usually a ga3//relic pants//free//hmp//standing
ALT
Stun//Drain//Aspir//ES//Grav//Bind//Sleepga2//Sleepga//Sleep2//Sleep

Set3:buff and cures
CTRL
Cure3//cure2//cure1//pro+shell//7:silence//8:dispel//9:hmp//0:standing
ALT
Stun//Blink//Phalanx or aquaveil//Stoneskin//Grav//Bind//sleepga2//sleepga//sleep2//sleep
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-22 08:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM Book

CTRL
1-6 Tier # nukes/Random/Random/hMP/target NPC

ALT
Cure3/Drain/Aspir/Stun/Sleep2/Grav/Bind/Random/Sleepga2/ES

I have them set up in Tiers 4-1 then -ga from palette 1-5. Eveything is just about the same on every palette except for the Tiers and Random spots where I switch in situational spells. Palette 10 is my AM2, 9 is all the situational spell macros I need to swap in and out, and I have a few dedicated to BCNMs and KSNMs.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2009-09-22 09:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For blm I use-

clt-
1: oshi/idle
2: Thunder latent
3: bliz latent
4: Drain
5: SS
6: Grav
7: Sleepga II
8: Stun
9: Sleep II
0: ES

Alt-
1: Bliz IV
2: Freeze2
3: Thun IV
4: Burst II
5: Bliz III
6: Thun III
7: Hmp
8: Nuke reset
9: Aspir
0: Ugg Pendant

The oshi/idle has gaiters/refresh/-damagetaken/regen/haste etc on it, basically its what I run around in, also if Im kiting on /nin I can press that and put up ni or ichi with the haste gear I have and still have some form of damage reduction+refresh on it.

thun/bliz latents are just obi+relic pants

I put ES as a macro as its much easier to have that a quick push away if anytime something goes wrong and i need that to save us. I dont know how easy it is to scroll and find that on xbox, but on pc, its just much easier for me to have it macro ready while im kiting or something and just have it available right away.

The bottom half is pretty easy to figure out. Nuke reset is just a gear swap I switch after different actions to have my gear ready to nuke once I push a nuke macro and swap in other gear.

Grav is probably only one I can change around, when not on /rdm which would be to either bio II or bind(if not resistant to it).

I regret not having enough room to have these macros + bio II poison II bind burn sleep I sleepga I as well.

The next pallete would be about the same, but Id have my resist nuke gear on rather than pure damage gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-22 11:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Motokosun said:
Krazyrs said:

Mokutosun's ego rises by 0.3 points. Clearly non-spellcast users are superior to those who got sick and tired of pressing 4+ buttons to cast any spell with full gear swaps, then even more to get back into an idle set. And god forbid you have any lag whatsoever...

+1 on the idea of an idle set, cannot recommend it enough. You should have at least a refresh body and Earth/Terra's Staff macro'd into your idle set... believe me, it makes a difference. Sorcerer's Earring is dirt cheap and may save your life, consider picking one up.

Not going to post my actual setup since I'm a windower user, but back when I didn't use windower macros I had a main set I idled on that had macros to jump to other sets with spells, along with important spells like stun and the various sleeps. I then made sets for:

T4/T3
T2/T1 (level cap mostly)
AM/ele debuffs
Aga3/Aga2
Enfeebling Magic (INT on top, MND on bottom)
Dark Magic (yes, an entire set for 3 spells >.>)
Buffs/Cures

With Stun on every page at alt-0 (redundant but safe) and a macro to return to my idle page at ctrl-0. Left-hand slots control spells with the exception of sleeps (columns 8 and 9, mirrors my idle page), column 7 added gear as necessary along with 4 items macro'd in with the spell. If I'd had obis, Uggy Pendant, Sorc Ring, or AFv2 hands and legs at the time I would have made an additional macro set to swap those in, probably as an intermediate jump on ctrl-0 from my nuking pages.

This is probably far more complicated than it needed to be but it worked well for me.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-22 12:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so I have a few mintues to type this, but I'll probably have to cut short and come back and edit later. This is all from memory, and I do tend to move them around from time to time, but this has been adjusted little by little over time. I use this set with /WHM and /RDM.

On the "top" row I have my Tier 4, AM2, gear set swaps,and defensive stuff, although some of my desired gear combos I have to swap multiple sets in the right order. They are my macros, so they work for me the way I like them.

I have the right staves and some swaps like torques, obis, etc. built into the macros for the right spells, and what I've found with obis is that if the day/weather isn't right, I can just put them in my Satchel and they don't get swapped inappropriately. This way, I can always cast, even in an OhShi moment, and if I don't get time to go to the full gear swap for that spell, it will at least get off with something good enough.

I use a 360 USB controller with PC, so I have my macro sets to come up with the LB and RB on the controller and can use the D-Pad to scroll through them quickly. I started playing on 360 originally, so I just got used to it that way and I liked it.

Menu #1

Left Right

Sto4 INT
Wat4 Enf(eebling)
Aer4 Ele(mental)
Fir4 Dark
Bli4 MaB
Thu4 Uggy
Empty MND (enough for 350 SS)
Empty SS
Frz2 Phalanx
Bst2 Blink

Menu #2

Sto2 Sga3
Wat2 Wga3
Aer2 Aga3
Fir2 Fga3
Bli2 Bga3
Thu2 Tga3
Empty
Empty Stun (Silent)
Empty Stun (Party)
Ele.Seal Stun (Linkshell + Tell to next stunner)

Menu #3

Bio2 BSpikes
Pois2 ISpikes
Blind SSpikes
Bind
Dispel
Grav Zzr (recast timers for sleeps)
Dark Skill Zz
DAr Zzga
Drain Zz2
Aspir Zzga2

Menu #4

Cure MND
C2 Para
C3 Slow
Cga Sil(ence)
Regen

Erase Idle
Raise Up (balanced set after rest)
Reraise hMP
D.Seal Cookie (Wizard Cookie macro)

Menu #5

Paralyna Retrace
Poisona D2
Blindna Warp
Silena
Viruna

Menu #9

Sto Sga2
Wat Wga2
Aer Aga2
Fir Fga2
Bli Bga2
Thu Tga2

Menu #10

Sto3 Quake
Wat3 Flood
Aer3 Tornado
Fir3 Flare
Bli3 Freeze
Thu3 Burst
Empty
Empty Deod
Frz2 Sneak
Bst2 Invis

EDIT: This didn't keep the spacing that I had put in, but it's too much to fix it right now, no time, so deal with it and PM me if anyone has a question.