Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 11:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So how about TRUMP doing illegal business in Cuba?

are cuban cigars really good enough to overlook a half a century or more of human suffering....

Yes. Yes they are.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 11:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I honestly don't give a crap about the bill because I don't think it's a big deal.

Violating international laws, not a big deal.

It's not that cut-and-dry. If you care to read something that looks at it in-depth and objectively, here you go:

Would JASTA Violate International Law?
It's like people don't think U.S. Code ยง 1605(a)(5) exists for this very reason.

Or they choose not to accept a law that's been in place since 1996 (in this format). Must been an evil Republican who signed that bill into law....oh wai...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 11:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Personally I think obamacare is a good thing... I just think it's hilarious that the argument against this bill is to do exactly what you criticized in the past... Your logic is just to do something you said the democrats were terrible for doing...

My logic isn't any of that. I honestly don't give a crap about the bill because I don't think it's a big deal. Sure, I'm happy to see Obama's ego take a hit, but I think the whole thing is just for show.
So you're just taking pot shots at the aca for no real reason?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 11:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It really baffles me(and everyone else in Europe trust me) the hate republicans have towards Obamacare. It certainly needs improvement, but a lot of people who were uninsured are now.

Yeah, and that's fantastic and all, along with some of the provisions about not turning down people for pre-existing conditions and all that. That's a very, very shallow look at it, though. Once you crack the surface, look at the economic impact, look at the things that were lied about to get it to pass, look at the disaster it has been in getting support from healthcare systems, look at the premiums, look at the healthcare professionals that it is negatively affecting, etc., that's when you can actually see why Obamacare is so hated.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 12:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think obamacare is a good thing... I just think it's hilarious that the argument against this bill is to do exactly what you criticized in the past... Your logic is just to do something you said the democrats were terrible for doing...

My logic isn't any of that. I honestly don't give a crap about the bill because I don't think it's a big deal. Sure, I'm happy to see Obama's ego take a hit, but I think the whole thing is just for show.

I was talking about the recent bill. Your comment begged the ACA to be brought up as comparison because it's the best example of passing something without having a clue what the impact will be and just hoping it'll all work out (clue: it hasn't).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-29 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't I say it needs to be improved upon? The fact is that a healthcare reform was due for USA.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 12:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't I say it needs to be improved upon? The fact is that a healthcare reform was due for USA.

You're right, it was due. But it has to be built on a solid foundation, which it was not. It needs to be repealed (with some core provisions that I hinted at earlier being left in place) and remade.
By Ackeron 2016-09-29 12:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do people hate obama care so much anyhow?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 12:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In your opinion it hasn't... It's definitely something we needed though... Not to mention other, now popular programs, like social security were hated at first as well...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 12:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »

What else can repukes do anymore? They can't complain that Obama's trying to be the God-King of all Mankind, because he's honestly not trying to do that. Nor can they complain he's trying for a third election run, because he's not. All they can do is run through the motions of another 70+ failed repeal attempts against the ACA while hoping Hillary doesn't win, which she will and then she'll put Obama on the SCOTUS bench in Scalia's vacant seat.

Yeah, and all you can do is pretend that everyone you disagree with is a member of the KKK.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-29 12:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jack, you really need to cut on the silly catchphrases. I think someone from the left should tell you this to make it work...but words like repukes, Donald Turd, Faux Noise, etc, all this stuff is not exactly englightning for a decent discourse.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 12:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
They had to go get medical insurance and pay for that... And some got screwed out of their old plans even if they were substandard...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 12:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally just went over that >_>
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 12:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It really baffles me(and everyone else in Europe trust me) the hate republicans have towards Obamacare. It certainly needs improvement, but a lot of people who were uninsured are now.

Ok.

The economic realities that prevented a system like obamacare from existing before it was enacted still exist and are quickly destroying the foundation of the entire system. "It certainly needs improvement" is an understatement on par with "maybe the titanic should have steered better".

The math simply doesn't work. And we're propping it up because feels.

However Republicans, long accustomed to being called ***, racists, bigots etc for pointing economic reality out, have stopped taking the time to explain their stances at all.

Consider it this way.
If insurance companies could have made a single buck selling insurance to these people... do you think anyone or any force on earth would have been great enough to stop them?
By Ackeron 2016-09-29 12:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I literally just went over that >_>
Sorry, didn't back read.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-29 12:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

psssh back reading in P&R...

Deregulation of Sun!
By eliroo 2016-09-29 12:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Flavin, the fact the alt-right

Yup a person who would support a candidate like Bernie Sanders is definitely Alt-right.

why I ignore the entire bunch of them and attach absolutely zero value to anything

And this mentality right here, is why it is is so hard for anything to be accomplished in this nation. You choose to be willfully ignorant here and because of that you will never understand anything outside of your scope.

Its a stigma where people focus on the bad of a bill and not the good of it (See Me vs. Flavin on JASTA). If you just focus on the negative outcomes of a bill, you can easily make it look good.

I personally think Obamacare was a step in the right direction. I'm also fairly certain is was butchered beyond belief to get it passed.

People see the requirement of Heatlh insurance as a negative and that it in some way is using the "hard working" peoples taxes to pay for the lower class.

I was personally on health insurance that I found from the government marketplace and quickly found that I wasn't saving that much money when it came to get a half-decent insurance plan.

It effectively didn't do much to make healthcare more affordable, while making it a requirement. Allowing people to get insurance with pre-existing conditions was big and it did also allow the government to regulate health care prices, albeit a bit.

It could use work, or we could use a better program (Single-payer).

But keeping the rich from taking money from the poor is rather hard.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-29 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you just focus on the negative outcomes of a bill, you can easily make it look good.

make it look bad*
By Ackeron 2016-09-29 12:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience with Obama care has been like this.

So I went to get some Health care after my family coverage wore off and it was a journey.

I signed up at the site and did all the instructions down to the T like it asked. Then it popped up with the list of insurers.

I was amazed that some were free! .... only to find out their deductable was over 9k. So in other words they were worthless unless you had to go to the hospital for over $9000 worth of ***.

Moving on to the next tier which was the $120-250 range The deductable was still stupid high at $4000. So yeah still not worth it at all.

Getting to the next tier which was the 300-500 range, deductables hit around $800. This was nice till I did the math, meaning I would still end up at least paying $6000 with a chance at possibly seeing no return at all.

At this point I thought wtf is the point of these if they do nothing but cost you even more then you would need? But I continued on!

Chose to go with one of the 350 ones, so after clicking on it and checking it out ... I would have to actually drive over an hour to get to anywhere the coverage actually worked. Wasn't even excepted at the nearest hospital.

/facepalm. So I picked a different one, same outcome. This repeated over and over.

I gave up. It wasn't worth it.

So after saying screw it and moving on with my life, tax time comes. Guess what? If you don't have health insurance you get fined on your taxes! Surprise! Now you have to pay up a pretty penny cause you couldn't get health coverage in your area for a price you could afford.

It's been a year since then and I haven't been to a hospital, so it would have been pointless having the health care anyhow.

So at the end of the day, Obama Care *** sucks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-29 12:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Donald Turd

Donut Truck! Dongle Trunb! Donal Trank!
Hickory Clapton! Hilapry "Clonopin"! Trillary Clit-ton!

It's fun though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So at the end of the day, Obama Care *** sucks.
Just wait until next year. At least then you had choices.

Now, with all the insurers leaving various states, you won't even have that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-29 13:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-09-29 13:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Obamacare never went far enough, and like so many things in politics is focused entirely too much on cities and population centers to the exclusion of everyone elsewhere.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-29 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In one word: Obama.

In two words: Republican propaganda.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I personally think Obamacare was a step in the right direction. I'm also fairly certain is was butchered beyond belief to get it passed.
I believe the "intent" was at least good. Healthcare reform in a time when we needed it was the only good thing about this bill at the time.

As it evolved into something else, it completely destroyed the intent of the bill and made it into the partisan "if you don't like it, you are a racist" monstrosity that it is today.

Not saying that there aren't good provisions in there, but you don't enforce a law meant to stop or reverse skyrocketing healthcare costs by making it more expensive to have.

Anyone paying attention to the bill as it was being drafted would have saw how completely ineffective this bill would be well before it was even passed. And that was before people stated that you have to pass the bill in order to read it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Obamacare never went far enough, and like so many things in politics is focused entirely too much on cities and population centers to the exclusion of everyone elsewhere.
Let me guess, you wanted a single-payer system that would cost more to have than most people earn per year?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-29 13:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Low cost/high deductible plans are a function of just how insurance works and not really a reflection of the ACA per se.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-29 13:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
In one word: Obama.

In two words: Republican propaganda.
Careful Chanti, your hack is showing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-29 13:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And that was before people stated that you have to pass the bill in order to read it.
This talking point never stops being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76