Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 74 75 76
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 10:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And another thing it is always important to think about the consequences of anything we do and I think we would have learned that by now considering all the *** ups we've had and how it's come back to bite us in the ***... Putting something out there then saying oh we will just deal with whatever happens later is not only irresponsible it's dangerous...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-09-29 10:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
And another thing it is always important to think about the consequences of anything we do and I think we would have learned that by now considering all the *** ups we've had and how it's come back to bite us in the ***... Putting something out there then saying oh we will just deal with whatever happens later is not only irresponsible it's dangerous...

Like obamacare is/was?
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Like obamacare is/was?

true, Americans are receiving a additional tax penalty charge for not buying into fraudulent insurance companies , so the fraudulent government is stealing more money from the citizens. Man got to love fraudulent political parties those two faced sons of ***.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 10:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Putting something out there then saying oh we will just deal with whatever happens later is not only irresponsible it's dangerous...

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 10:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally agree just how the federal reserve act was snuck in christmas day 1913 when majority of congress was with there families.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 10:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we would have learned that by now

then you forgot you live in america where we stubbornly refuse to learn anything from our mistakes ever.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 10:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Totally agree just how the federal reserve act was snuck in christmas day 1913 when majority of congress was with there families.

or the fact that the Patriot Act was already written before 9/11 happened and when it did , it got pushed through and hardly anyone even read it.

Now our bill of rights is gone and we don't have any privacy, we are all terrorist in the eyes of the government that claims only they alone can make the right decisions for a nation.
By fonewear 2016-09-29 10:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to Hillarycare. Free birth control pills for everyone !
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 10:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

then you forgot you live in america where we stubbornly refuse to learn anything from our mistakes ever.

Yeah we couldn't learn from the failures of the last 3 central banks so we made a 4th one

I won't make that mistake, i actually paid attention to history unlike these fools.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 10:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you're saying then is that if other legislation pops up in other countries and we are found to be guilty and they fine us then we are just supposed to take that money right back from them? Lol... Why wouldn't they be able to do that to us as well? How much money do you think these suits are going to be worth?

You think our solution is just to *** everyone over and then continue on like BAU? You don't think that will have consequence? Do you even have any idea of how different national governments work together?

It's causing bad blood already... No suits have been filed and it's causing bad blood and speculation on how things will change due to this action...

This legislation does nothing to protect us... It only isolates us and may lead to other nations being unwilling to assist us when looking to a beige our goals abroad... Also this whole idea of doing something just cause we can and *** everyone but ourselves is just ridiculous... We live in an increasingly globalize do society... it's not in our best interests to keep alienating ourselves from that community and yes doing things to damage our own global interests... Your problem seems to be that you think only of the self and what benefits you can see without truly understanding and thinking out the implications and problems down the road...

I'm glad you trust Bernie but didn't he abstain from voting on this?

Our body of government doesn't vote on legislation passed in other nations... Also they craft it then vote on it so they know it's coming...

He co-sponsored it and Abstained from voting because he was campaigning.

Your fault is assuming that even if other governments did this that they would have the power to do anything about it, they don't but we do. That is the thing. There is no way this can hurt anyone in the US economically. If anything it will hurt foreign relations, but if it is it is because people are afraid of being found guilty. I don't know why it is so hard to understand that. They can't sue us and demand money from us in the same way we can't sue them and demand money from them. We place a lien on their assets within our country.

I specifically explained why and how this legislation could protect us from future terror attacks. You are completely ignorant of our position in the global economy. Every single one of your arguments against this legislation is a stretch and a maybe. We aren't alienating ourselves from anything, you clearly don't understand what this means or how it will operate. This passed legislation doesn't make us enemies with anyone, it holds foreign entities who loan from us responsible for their actions against our country.

You also completely ignored how this legislation will cause more transparency on terrorist attacks.

97 to 1 is a huge margin you are assuming that 97 representatives just voted on JASTA so they could go home and wave some flag? No they voted on it because it was clearly in our interest, there would have been a lot more controversy in this bill if it was just for seeming patriotic.

While we should consider the after effects of legislation, we can't predict them all and if we always thought about the negatives of every piece of legislation passed and refused to pass them on that list vs. the positives then we probably would never pass legislation.

Arguing about this is pointless though, I digressed from my original point of just explaining why JASTA is necessarily a bad thing.

I admit, there may be some negative whiplash but we can't just chalk up the negatives without considering the positives.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 10:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

we need to get government back under control of the people. We don't have a population crisis we have a overbearing federal government crisis telling us what we can or cannot do thats needs to get out of our lives like back in the early days. Not having to worry about tax collectors. Where the only involvement was going out to vote for a candidate that promoted the idea of preserving your freedoms and leaving you the hell alone.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 11:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

I can't wait until she waves her magic wand and turns all the coal miners into super genius high tech factory workers.

That's going to be awesome!

you better run out and tittyfuck a coalminer right now before they're all gone!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 11:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Like obamacare is/was?
So your defense is hey this other thing was passed that we hate and think is terrible so why not do it again cuz reasons?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 11:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Like obamacare is/was?
So your defense is hey this other thing was passed that we hate and think is terrible so why not do it again cuz reasons?

Obamacare hurt a good chunk of the nation. Worst case scenario, this bill will negatively affect a small handful of Americans. But I guess it was worth throwing Obamacare under the bus for the negative comparison to something completely unrelated.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 11:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So your back to the point of well we can do it and I don't think they can do anything to us so let's do it! Yay America *** the possible consequences cuz we are number 1 and no one can do anything to us! Totally a reason to do something right? Your so far off into lala land on this one it's ridiculous...

The idea that all kinds of foreign nations are fu ding terrorism against us and that this bill will scare them into submission is ludicrous as well...

again I will explain this to you since you don't seem to be getting this part... They dnt do it for patriotism... The did it to get your vote... No one wants to be seen voting against families of 9/11 victims... just because there was a majority like this doesn't mean it's in our best interest...

What positives? People get to go on a crusade against something?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 11:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Like obamacare is/was?

Obamacare hurt a good chunk of the nation. Worst case scenario, this bill will negatively affect a small handful of Americans. But I guess it was worth throwing Obamacare under the bus for the negative comparison to something completely unrelated.
Personally I think obamacare is a good thing... I just think it's hilarious that the argument against this bill is to do exactly what you criticized in the past... Your logic is just to do something you said the democrats were terrible for doing...

Also the aca has helped a lot of people... Ones that were suffering and were unable to procure any kind of insurance because they got sick... You know kinda like the people that never get it until they need it then can't or just cant afford their bill and put it on the tax payers instead...

The only thing I think was wrong in general was that it did not follow through with tube promise to let people retain their insurance that they had even if it didn't meet the new standards...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 11:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You two bicker like a couple of goddamned old ladies!

these new forum rules suck!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 11:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

True enough or you know that we are just opportunists that will *** other people over if we can ya know with low risk to ourselves...

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 11:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think obamacare is a good thing... I just think it's hilarious that the argument against this bill is to do exactly what you criticized in the past... Your logic is just to do something you said the democrats were terrible for doing...

My logic isn't any of that. I honestly don't give a crap about the bill because I don't think it's a big deal. Sure, I'm happy to see Obama's ego take a hit, but I think the whole thing is just for show.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 11:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Flavin, the fact the alt-right brigade on here doesn't learn, or seems to live off in la-la land, is why I ignore the entire bunch of them and attach absolutely zero value to anything they might say on any subject.
I suggest you do the same, it'll do wonders for your sanity.

Alt-right. Yeah, because that's what slightly right of center is to someone who has his head lodged in Clinton's nether regions.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-29 11:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So how about TRUMP doing illegal business in Cuba?

7arrows!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-29 11:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I honestly don't give a crap about the bill because I don't think it's a big deal.

Violating international laws, not a big deal.

It's not that cut-and-dry. If you care to read something that looks at it in-depth and objectively, here you go:

Would JASTA Violate International Law?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-29 11:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

True enough or you know that we are just opportunists that will *** other people over if we can ya know with low risk to ourselves...

I consider myself a realist, which of course everybody else dismisses as being pessimistic... But try explaining to an optimist or a pessimist that it's more important what liquid is in the glass than how full or empty it appears...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-29 11:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It really baffles me(and everyone else in Europe trust me) the hate republicans have towards Obamacare. It certainly needs improvement, but a lot of people who were uninsured are now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 74 75 76