Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 74 75 76

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 06:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Hiloly Cliton will make the hard decisions. Unlike Donut Truck.
Donut Truck will just go full rage mode the instant he gets into office and finds there are things, even as president, that he just cannot do.

I laughed when i read this, because obviously YOU MY FRIEND have not been paying attention to what Presidents have been doing since Abraham Lincoln set the example of doing whatever a president wants to do.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-29 07:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Donut Truck will just go full rage mode the instant he gets into office and finds there are things, even as president, that he just cannot do.

I laughed when i read this, because obviously YOU MY FRIEND have not been paying attention to what Presidents have been doing since Abraham Lincoln set the example of doing whatever a president wants to do.

The abuse of the past Presidents Bush and Obama combined. Have pushed the President to almost dictator status level. Remember checks and balances from your 8th grade Civics. Yea that ***hasn't been around for a long time.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-29 07:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Zerowone said: »
In all seriousness this opens up the precedent of having the US government, politicians and members of the military to be sued in kind by foreign nationals... which is the main reason you don't make bills like this.
I'm not all that familiar with the implications of this but wouldn't such a lawsuit ultimately be meaningless whether it originates here or elsewhere? I just took it as one of those symbolic (i.e., pandering) congressional votes.

Its just going to cause a headache for future administrations when negotiating military agreements and status forces agreements with other countries. For example, Iraq was demanding a provision very similar to this when Obama took office, they wanted to prosecute our American soldiers for any perceived misdeeds committed against Iraqi citizenship. Obama said no. Right decision. Always will be, despite the criticism lobbed at him.

Now with this bad law its going to be harder for future Presidents to protect our soldiers from other countries questionable judicial systems. I don't see it lasting very long, the first time its abused the pressure will start for a repeal.

Reading a bit more about JASTA, I actually don't think it is too terrible. Even Bernie Sanders Co-sponsored the bill, though he abstained from voting.

Quote:
This bill amends the federal judicial code to narrow the scope of foreign sovereign immunity by authorizing U.S. courts to hear cases involving claims against a foreign state for injuries, death, or damages that occur inside the United States as a result of a tort, including an act of terrorism, committed anywhere by a foreign state or official.

It amends the federal criminal code to permit civil claims against a foreign state or official for injuries, death, or damages from an act of international terrorism. Additionally, the bill authorizes federal courts to exercise personal jurisdiction over and impose liability on a person who commits, or aids, abets, or conspires to commit, an act of international terrorism against a U.S. national.

This is the summarized rhetoric of the bill from congress.gov. It doesn't allow other countries to sue us for acts of terrorism but rather only allows us to sue other foreign entities for acts of terrorism committed within the US.

Reading a bit more, it seems the way we make them pay the amount is by putting a lien on their accounts in the US, which a lot of governments have. It is definitely a power play that will protect us from future terrorism or at least allow us to punish countries involved with terrorism.

The biggest thing is going to be about how the courts handle some of the more petty cases.

This could also mean we will see all the documentation from 9/11 since some people want to link Saudi Arabi to that.

So it could hurt international affairs abit, but that all depends on how the court rules some of the cases.

We are also in a position of power given that we are basically the top lender in the world. So like Japan couldn't successfully sue us because they would end up losing a lot more.

I think the basic understanding of this bill, on these forums is rather lacking.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 07:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

The abuse of the past Presidents Bush and Obama combined. Have pushed the President to almost dictator status level. Remember checks and balances from your 8th grade Civics. Yea that ***hasn't been around for a long time.

Is this in Jest? Didn't we just see the checks and balances working yesterday?

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-09-29 07:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Is this in Jest? Didn't we just see the checks and balances working yesterday?

Yes. My point is we have let the President use way too many executive orders. And just ram through whatever the hell he wants. That isn't how it is supposed to work. And it does work. But the way things went with Obama he forced things on us. Instead of leading by bringing people together. He divided the country. Look at the way things are now and back when he was elected. That is all the proof you need.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-29 07:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, you should be well aware right now I don't pay attention to the flowerhead, nor do I care what it's opinion on anything is.

Yes Lordgrim says some outrageous things, but I find some good information in it. I don't agree with him on a lot of things. But to dismiss him just cause he talks about the federal reserve a lot and the founding fathers. That is a bit too easy. I try to find something in what everyone here posts. Even if it is worth just a laugh.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 07:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, you should be well aware right now I don't pay attention to the flowerhead, nor do I care what it's opinion on anything is.

Yes Lordgrim says some outrageous things, but I find some good information in it. I don't agree with him on a lot of things. But to dismiss him just cause he talks about the federal reserve a lot and the founding fathers. That is a bit too easy. I try to find something in what everyone here posts. Even if it is worth just a laugh.

As long as he isn't talking about crazy conspiracy theories, he can make valid points just like anyone else on this forum.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-09-29 08:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made it a rule to not block/ignore anyone. It is a lazy way of dealing with people very different from me.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-29 08:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing keeping me from an insane asylum is probably I have beer to self medicate !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 08:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Zerowone said: »
In all seriousness this opens up the precedent of having the US government, politicians and members of the military to be sued in kind by foreign nationals... which is the main reason you don't make bills like this.
I'm not all that familiar with the implications of this but wouldn't such a lawsuit ultimately be meaningless whether it originates here or elsewhere? I just took it as one of those symbolic (i.e., pandering) congressional votes.

Its just going to cause a headache for future administrations when negotiating military agreements and status forces agreements with other countries. For example, Iraq was demanding a provision very similar to this when Obama took office, they wanted to prosecute our American soldiers for any perceived misdeeds committed against Iraqi citizenship. Obama said no. Right decision. Always will be, despite the criticism lobbed at him.

Now with this bad law its going to be harder for future Presidents to protect our soldiers from other countries questionable judicial systems. I don't see it lasting very long, the first time its abused the pressure will start for a repeal.

Reading a bit more about JASTA, I actually don't think it is too terrible. Even Bernie Sanders Co-sponsored the bill, though he abstained from voting.

Quote:
This bill amends the federal judicial code to narrow the scope of foreign sovereign immunity by authorizing U.S. courts to hear cases involving claims against a foreign state for injuries, death, or damages that occur inside the United States as a result of a tort, including an act of terrorism, committed anywhere by a foreign state or official.

It amends the federal criminal code to permit civil claims against a foreign state or official for injuries, death, or damages from an act of international terrorism. Additionally, the bill authorizes federal courts to exercise personal jurisdiction over and impose liability on a person who commits, or aids, abets, or conspires to commit, an act of international terrorism against a U.S. national.

This is the summarized rhetoric of the bill from congress.gov. It doesn't allow other countries to sue us for acts of terrorism but rather only allows us to sue other foreign entities for acts of terrorism committed within the US.

Reading a bit more, it seems the way we make them pay the amount is by putting a lien on their accounts in the US, which a lot of governments have. It is definitely a power play that will protect us from future terrorism or at least allow us to punish countries involved with terrorism.

The biggest thing is going to be about how the courts handle some of the more petty cases.

This could also mean we will see all the documentation from 9/11 since some people want to link Saudi Arabi to that.

So it could hurt international affairs abit, but that all depends on how the court rules some of the cases.

We are also in a position of power given that we are basically the top lender in the world. So like Japan couldn't successfully sue us because they would end up losing a lot more.

I think the basic understanding of this bill, on these forums is rather lacking.
No one ever claimed that this legislation gave other nations the ability to sue us as well... The idea is that it would spur them to create similar legislation in their own nations that would allow them to do the same to American citizens... And what's to stop them?

The bill is another shortsighted one and supported by politicians afraid of going against 9/11 families so close to an election...

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 08:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

No one ever claimed that this legislation gave other nations the ability to sue us as well... The idea is that it would spur them to create similar legislation in their own nations that would allow them to do the same to American citizens... And what's to stop them?

The bill is another shortsighted one and supported by politicians afraid of going against 9/11 families so close to an election...

That is a pretty narrow view, what would Bernie Sanders gain for something like that? He has voted against such things.

Also, it won' have any effect on us. Remember they can't bring the law suit to our courts they can just hold our money in their country, which they really don't have. We are in the power position here and can actually get away with passing this legislation.

If anything it will hurt our foreign relations, but most likely with countries that either participated in US terrorism on US soil or funded terrorist. It will create a fear for them that their assets in the US could potentially be seized and hopefully prevent them from funding terrorists.

You can't just assume that 97 Senators only care about being Glorified that is an over-generalization. In the same way you are assuming the intentions or purpose of this bill.

Also the suits are against Foreign states or their Officials, not individual people.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 08:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as he isn't talking about crazy conspiracy theories, he can make valid points just like anyone else on this forum.

I do talk about conspiracies because i understand we would not have written History if it was not for conspiracies. In fact there are conspiracies going on even today in the world that have yet to be written down in the annuls of history. Conspiracies are very real and i am not talking about the CIA term for disinformation " Conspiracy Theories or theorist" I don't have this problem you label me with.

Conspiracies consist of 3 different things, first they must involve one or two or more people and you better believe what i talk about refers to more than 2 people in fact i talk about thousands of people. Next is it unlawful or harmful. You would be surprised about this because some conspiracies have been done legally because we find out that indeed they were lawmakers. Is it harmful ? yes it can be but in there eye's they believe they are doing good.

Conspiracies are very real they involve, families, banks, corporations, and politicians all of which there have been many cases ruled on under the court of law.

I understand there are some posters here who do not like me at all who think i am crazy because i speak out about certain subjects. I'm not looking for there favor i'm just trying to inform a community i care about that has a politics and religion forum section on what some claim to be a dying japanese mmorpg game.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 08:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine Ryan Lochte being tried because he took a whizz where he wasn't supposed to be taking a leak, and then the Brazilian government decides to try both Lochte and the U.S government because he's a U.S citizen, for vandalism and to obtain monetary damage awards.
Or, as I said last night, the Japanese government tries the U.S government for the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
These now become reality because JASTA's opened the door to these lawsuits.

This just shows complete ignorance or lack of understanding. Ryan Lochte isn't a government official. Taking a leak on a building isn't terrorism. Furthermore, the Brazilian government can't take his money UNLESS he has Brazilian assets
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-29 09:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
JASTA is a great idea, you will sue other government officials and gain nothing because they won't pay. They will sue yours and you will have to pay. Lose / Lose for America, Win / Win for the rest of the world, I don't see a problem.

Except, that isn't how it works at all...I recommend reading about how we would go about obtaining the money and what the bill actually entails
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like candlejack is the same guy who thinks that the US Debt means China owns us.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 09:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So you think foreign nations are the only ones that have money in other countries and that we don't? You'd be wrong for certain on that one not to mention all the debt we've accrued... There could be many different ways they extract funds...

The mistake you make is thinking that any legislation that follows this will be exactly the same as this one and also that even if you're coming from a place of power that inflicting something like this usually only brings bad blood and usually ends up affecting and straining relationships in other ways...

Saudi Arabia is an ally and an important one that helps us out in the region... Your idea that this will only affect nations that support terror or make them think twice about it is silly... Think more about afghan or Iraqi governments let their citizens sue for the us government and its soldiers actions overseas during war time... Killing civilians and the like or how about the citizens where we have soldiers on bases in foreign countries accusing our soldiers of various crimes?

You can assume anything... But I'm not assuming their looking to glorify or be glorified... I'm saying that so close to an election standing up for what the general public sees as people affect by one of the worst acts of terrorism on our nation is seen as good where opposing it is seen as bad and I don't think they want to risk it...

What makes you think all legislation will be exactly like this one?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 09:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like candlejack is the same guy who thinks that the US Debt means China owns us.

Odious debts are recognizable under international law. Considering at how bad central banking world wide has exploded the world debt among majority of nations who operate under them i believe we are quite possible over a 100 trillion world wide. It can be completely erased at the benefit of everyone to start over with a honest banking system.

Regimes are responsible for a nation's debt not the people.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 10:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
So you think foreign nations are the only ones that have money in other countries and that we don't? You'd be wrong for certain on that one not to mention all the debt we've accrued... There could be many different ways they extract funds...

You would be correct that we have money in other foreign nations, if anything our debt is proof of that. I guarantee you that they have more money invested in us though. The US is the wealthiest nation by a LARGE margin. If they seize money from our accounts then we can easily seize an equal amount from theirs. They are in no position to even attempt this.

Quote:
The mistake you make is thinking that any legislation that follows this will be exactly the same as this one and also that even if you're coming from a place of power that inflicting something like this usually only brings bad blood and usually ends up affecting and straining relationships in other ways...

Well, we aren't discussing other legislation. This will only cause bad blood if the foreign relation that is being sued is found guilty in which case our relationship is probably strained to begin with.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia is an ally and an important one that helps us out in the region... Your idea that this will only affect nations that support terror or make them think twice about it is silly... Think more about afghan or Iraqi governments let their citizens sue for the us government and its soldiers actions overseas during war time... Killing civilians and the like or how about the citizens where we have soldiers on bases in foreign countries accusing our soldiers of various crimes?

If Saudi Arabia funded the terror attacks on 9/11 are they really an ally? If they are found guilty in the court of law then that means there must be some damning evidence against it.

What would the Afghan or Iraqi governments sue for? How would they get money? They can't, so they won't. This legislation exists because we are in a position to do it and frankly it will just protect us in the future. No other country has the leverage we do. As selfish as that sounds, its true and it is in our best interest to protect our country above all else.

This will only cause bad-blood if a foreign body is found guilty, in which case there will be bad blood anyway. If anything this will prevent things like war based on terrorism to an extent. It will also force us to have publicly presented evidence before saying a country is involved in terrorism. This is huge in government transparency.

Quote:
You can assume anything... But I'm not assuming their looking to glorify or be glorified... I'm saying that so close to an election standing up for what the general public sees as people affect by one of the worst acts of terrorism on our nation is seen as good where opposing it is seen as bad and I don't think they want to risk it...

What makes you think all legislation will be exactly like this one?

Personally, Bernie Sanders is one of the few politician who I actually trust and who actually has the general good of our people in mind. If he co-sponsored this Bill I'm pretty sure he had a good reason too.

Lastly, we don't know what other legislation will be about but fretting over the unknowns is fruitless here. When that legislation appears then they will vote on it just like this one.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 10:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odious debts are recognizable under international law. Considering at how bad central banking world wide has exploded the world debt among majority of nations who operate under them i believe we are quite possible over a 100 trillion world wide. It can be completely erased at the benefit of everyone to start over with a honest banking system.

Our national debt is of no consequence.

I'm not that great at describing things but here is a post on reddit that explains why our "national debt" isn't really a big issue:

https://np.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/538g77/all_of_the_worlds_physical_currency_gold_silver/d7radqq

When I took economics class we also learned that having no national debt isn't really a great thing. It operates a lot differently then our personal debts.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 10:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Our national debt is of no consequence.

I'm not that great at describing things but here is a post on reddit that explains why our "national debt" isn't really a big issue:

https://np.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/538g77/all_of_the_worlds_physical_currency_gold_silver/d7radqq

When I took economics class we also learned that having no national debt isn't really a great thing. It operates a lot differently then our personal debts.

By the sound of it your instructor is pro central banking and a fan favorite of the traitor alexander hamilton there are other economic schools that disagree with central banking and hate hamilton.

Being debt free is a blessing because you are free of owing anyone completely . Financially free to do whatever it is you wish with the excess of your wealth to lavish on anything. Nationally speaking the wealth could be spread over the entire population leading to an even more better standard of living.

Today around the world under the banking system majority of the nations use We are Interest Slaves.
By eliroo 2016-09-29 10:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Except, that isn't how it works at all...I recommend reading about how we would go about obtaining the money and what the bill actually entails

All they have to do is sell their assets and then what are you going to do? Cry in a corner?

They would liquidate their assets and sell them for far less than what they are worth? I doubt it, it will probably hurt them a lot more. Just isn't that simple.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-09-29 10:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So what you're saying then is that if other legislation pops up in other countries and we are found to be guilty and they fine us then we are just supposed to take that money right back from them? Lol... Why wouldn't they be able to do that to us as well? How much money do you think these suits are going to be worth?

You think our solution is just to *** everyone over and then continue on like BAU? You don't think that will have consequence? Do you even have any idea of how different national governments work together?

It's causing bad blood already... No suits have been filed and it's causing bad blood and speculation on how things will change due to this action...

This legislation does nothing to protect us... It only isolates us and may lead to other nations being unwilling to assist us when looking to a beige our goals abroad... Also this whole idea of doing something just cause we can and *** everyone but ourselves is just ridiculous... We live in an increasingly globalize do society... it's not in our best interests to keep alienating ourselves from that community and yes doing things to damage our own global interests... Your problem seems to be that you think only of the self and what benefits you can see without truly understanding and thinking out the implications and problems down the road...

I'm glad you trust Bernie but didn't he abstain from voting on this?

Our body of government doesn't vote on legislation passed in other nations... Also they craft it then vote on it so they know it's coming...
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 74 75 76