Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 74 75 76
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-28 14:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
That override has been expected for several weeks, so no idea where you got the idea it wasn't gonna happen. Its a problem for the next administration.

I was jabbing at Candlejack for comments from a previous conversation. I knew the veto was coming.

/face palm

The veto was overridden.

I meant the override. But I assumed people would know what I meant, sans edits and all that.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-28 14:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Planned Parenthood is a thing where I am from.
Government funding of abortion is explicitly forbidden by law (with exceptions). PP does not direct any of the federal funding it receives towards abortion services.
A fire seems less distressing when you are not the one in the burning building, right? I get that mentality but it doesn't take someone in the burning building to realize that the burning building is a problem. People will often making their personal issues bigger problems then what they are. People with understanding that look from the outside will often have more objective views.
The issue I have is not that people can't be objective. It's them ignoring the burning building because it isn't the building in which they live.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-28 14:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
In all seriousness this opens up the precedent of having the US government, politicians and members of the military to be sued in kind by foreign nationals... which is the main reason you don't make bills like this.
I'm not all that familiar with the implications of this but wouldn't such a lawsuit ultimately be meaningless whether it originates here or elsewhere? I just took it as one of those symbolic (i.e., pandering) congressional votes.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 15:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It is in every sense.
By eliroo 2016-09-28 15:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Government funding of abortion is explicitly forbidden by law (with exceptions). PP does not direct any of the federal funding it receives towards abortion services.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression that PP received money from the government that made abortion a more reasonable option. Overturning this amendment would be ideal and ultimately required in order for us to push towards a better health care system.

The issue I have is not that people can't be objective. It's them ignoring the burning building because it isn't the building in which they live.

I can understand that possibility but I think if you are the one in the fire it may be harder for you to understand the fire really isn't a fire, the analogy falls apart there but it works with actual issues.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-09-28 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So...
Pepe the Frog. You know, the Meme... Is officially a Hate Symbol of the alt-right and stuff....

Pepe...
The Frog...
A Meme...

This guy.
Is a Hate crime...
but only dependent on context.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37493165
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-09-28 16:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't everything a hate crime, dependent on context. Stupidest thing I've ever read.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-09-28 17:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't everything a hate crime, dependent on context. Stupidest thing I've ever read.
If you go to the ADL website. they actually go into detail as to why and blame reddit and 4chan. it's so bad =-=
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 19:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In all seriousness this opens up the precedent of having the US government, politicians and members of the military to be sued in kind by foreign nationals... which is the main reason you don't make bills like this.
I'm not all that familiar with the implications of this but wouldn't such a lawsuit ultimately be meaningless whether it originates here or elsewhere? I just took it as one of those symbolic (i.e., pandering) congressional votes.

Its just going to cause a headache for future administrations when negotiating military agreements and status forces agreements with other countries. For example, Iraq was demanding a provision very similar to this when Obama took office, they wanted to prosecute our American soldiers for any perceived misdeeds committed against Iraqi citizenship. Obama said no. Right decision. Always will be, despite the criticism lobbed at him.

Now with this bad law its going to be harder for future Presidents to protect our soldiers from other countries questionable judicial systems. I don't see it lasting very long, the first time its abused the pressure will start for a repeal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 19:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just going to cause a headache for future administrations when negotiating military agreements and status forces agreements with other countries. For example, Iraq was demanding a provision very similar to this when Obama took office, they wanted to prosecute our American soldiers for any perceived misdeeds committed against Iraqi citizenship. Obama said no. Right decision. Always will be, despite the criticism lobbed at him.

Now with this bad law its going to be harder for future Presidents to protect our soldiers from other countries questionable judicial systems. I don't see it lasting very long, the first time its abused the pressure will start for a repeal.

Just imagine all those Iraqi families taking issue with our use of depleted uranium shells filing a class action, exposing the American public to real toll the war took on their future generations.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 19:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just keep up good relations with the Dutch because they really aren't into forgive and forget.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-28 20:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
If you go to the ADL website. they actually go into detail as to why and blame reddit and 4chan. it's so bad =-=

We can barely read and comprehension isn't our strong suit.

asking us to go somewhere else and delve deeper isn't likely to produce the desired effect.

tell us how you want us think, type slow and use small words.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-28 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »

Conversely, imagine the Japanese government and the families of those who died in Nagasaki and Hiroshima suing the U.S government.

We'll bomb em again if they try to !

By fonewear 2016-09-28 20:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Make this man President !

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-09-28 21:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Simon Anholt: Which country does the most good for the world?
A really great video I recommend everyone watch. It will really help you understand economics and the world around you.

And the state of our planet (dont worry, not a preaching video)

I'll help you out. Part of my community service is helping internet strangers.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-28 21:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Simon Anholt: Which country does the most good for the world?
A really great video I recommend everyone watch. It will really help you understand economics and the world around you.

And the state of our planet (dont worry, not a preaching video)

That's globalist one world propaganda there. At least he admits that Central banking is a disastrous banking system. i doubt other countries around the world will wise up to that, but with the United States leading the charge in purging central banks i am sure they will come around.

No one likes being ripped off that's something universally we as citizens of this world can agree on. But that's exactly what central fractional reserve banking is doing to majority of the world except for North Korea and and Iran you know the nations we call crazy yet we allow these banking institutions to destroy our nations around us.

Our enemy does not use tanks, bullets and missiles and nukes but its weapons nonetheless are equally as devastating because they destroy our populations financially and our domestic economies. You read this correctly we have been invaded by international bankers that have the gull to hold our nation's hostage unless we bend to their demands.

I for one will not stand for it when i am elected the age of the banker ruling this nation will come to an end.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-28 21:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pssh, diplomacy. That's what we have drones for.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-28 21:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

President Obama Says Veto Override of 9/11 Saudi Arabia Bill Was a ‘Mistake’
Time

Quote:
Congress overrode a veto issued by President Obama on Wednesday, clearing the way for families of 9/11 victims to file a lawsuit against the Saudi Arabian government. It was the first time Congress had overruled a decision by the president during his presidency and he did not take it lightly. During a presidential town hall hosted by CNN on Wednesday, Obama called the override a “mistake.”

“I think it was a mistake,” he said, though he added that he understands why it happened given the trauma of the September 11 terrorist attacks. “What this legislation did was it said if a private citizen believes that having been victimized by terrorism that another country didn’t do enough to stop one of its citizens, for example, in engaging in terrorism, then they can file a personal lawsuit, a private lawsuit in court.”

The president does believe the victims of 9/11 deserve compensation, which is why he said a victims compensation fund was set up. On average, he told CNN’s Jake Tapper, families receive about $2 million each. But Obama said he believes the law will set a dangerous precedent and works against protections the government has put in place to protect the U.S. and American troops from facing lawsuits or action from private citizens abroad.

“The concern that I’ve had is — has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia per se or my sympathy for 9/11 families, it has to do with me not wanting a situation in which we’re suddenly exposed to liabilities for all the work that we’re doing all around the world,” he said.

During his remarks at the CNN town hall, which will air Wednesday night, Obama blamed politics for the overwhelming response he received from Congress today. The president suggested that lawmakers did not want to be perceived as being against 9/11 families so close to an election.

“It’s an example of why sometimes you have to do what’s hard,” Obama said. “And, frankly, I wish Congress here had done what’s hard.”
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 21:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiloly Cliton will make the hard decisions. Unlike Donut Truck.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-28 21:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

“The concern that I’ve had is — has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia per se or my sympathy for 9/11 families, it has to do with me not wanting a situation in which we’re suddenly exposed to liabilities for all the work that we’re doing all around the world,” president Obama said this.

LMAO you should be concerned you warmonger you bombed 7 countries.

The Washington DC Trials will be bigger than the Nuremberg trials.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 00:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FBI Director Comey is back testifying to congress because he was caught handing out immunity like candy.

He is hoping Americans like myself are not paying attention to the corruption of justice and the rule of law in our nation. He is sorely mistaken. These lying *** will have there day of justice in due time.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 00:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Hiloly Cliton will make the hard decisions. Unlike Donut Truck.

Yeah I don't trust her with any desisions, she was wrong for what she did to the gay community, wrong for what she did by making it easier putting Americans in jail, she was wrong about Libya and the wars she supported overthrowing governments around the world, she can't think for herself she is a prostitute to international bankers.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 01:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I put more trust in trump than Hillary Clinton because he won't put up with the bankers *** after what he has experienced with his business ventures. I have a strong feeling banks will tow the line when Trump takes office or they will be shut down hard.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 02:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the woman card and it's not going to *** work for you ***. Trying to act like women don't have rights or a chance to succeed they have every right as a man and every chance to succeed your proof of it. Even women can be just as corrupt as her significant other. You want to make America out as against women because we don't respect you running as president. You never supported women you called a girl a liar defending her rapist, you support Saudi Arabia who don't give a flying *** about women's rights.

You helped sell American weapons to Saudi Arabia to kill women and children. You never gave little children a chance to be confident to lead a successful life because they are dead on Yemen streets and in crumbled hospitals and homes.

Americans like Donald Trump and those not like him or even you have every right to be interested in running for political high offices. We may have not been in politics all our lives but we know we could do a better job than you. You spent your entire political life destroying the world and our nation around us. So excuse We The People who will not be voting for you, we don't like your experience and we don't like this establishment.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-29 06:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Savage Censored as Pope Calls Journalists "Terrorists”
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 74 75 76