Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 12:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

But at the end, STAMI-NUH. I wanted Hillary to offer him another bottle of water.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 12:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I think the lowest moment for him was when he said that temperament is his strongest suit.

That was really self-inflicted damage lol.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 12:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or...

She's being really nasty to me. I could say something really nasty but I said I wouldn't. But she's being very mean to me.
By eliroo 2016-09-28 13:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No beliefs are being forced on anyone by allowing either of those things to remain legal.

They most certainly can be, depending on the person. You are basically forcing your belief that it should be legal throughout the country. Again, for the record - I agree with you here.

The main point I was getting at is that forcing your beliefs on others can be a good thing sometimes, especially if it moves society forward.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There is most certainly no such thing as government funded abortion so get some facts straight.

Planned Parenthood is a thing where I am from.

Quote:
Marriage equality and abortion are most certainly still relevant topics considering the supreme Court vacancies. The chance that either respective decision could be overturned is not non zero if the court is filled with enough conservative leaning judges.

Relevant, maybe I will give you that. Definitely isn't pressing though and it will get a ton of negative whiplash if both are revoked. My point about this is that there are other more alarming issues that should be considered before considering the issues that effect certain people. The issues that effect the whole nation should be of more concern then the issues that effect certain sects should be a concern. You can't pick a few points and just stand behind a candidate while ignoring the rest of their ideas.

Quote:
This is what I was talking about. People who don't live with discrimination don't see it as a worthy issue. And you wonder why not much stock is put into the arguments of someone who things "it hurts woman and gays" isn't a good enough reason not to discriminate.

A fire seems less distressing when you are not the one in the burning building, right? I get that mentality but it doesn't take someone in the burning building to realize that the burning building is a problem. People will often making their personal issues bigger problems then what they are. People with understanding that look from the outside will often have more objective views.
By eliroo 2016-09-28 13:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Meh I think the lowest moment for him was when he said that temperament is his strongest suit.

That was really self-inflicted damage lol.

That and him denying he said global warming was a hoax.

I'd rather take a half-*** flip-flop on that issue than for you to lie about the 23 times you claimed it was a hoax.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 13:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What about denying he boasted about not paying income taxes during the debate?

"That makes me smart!"

When asked about it post debate:

"I didnt say that"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-09-28 13:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, does any of us purposely pay more tax then we should? I would love to pay $0 fed tax and I would be all over that if I could, you would too.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-28 13:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The stupidest thing about the "I'm smart" comment is that according to all the information we and Hillary have, he has paid his federal taxes. He could have easily touted his "Wroooooong" line then and actually be right.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Prepare your anuses guys, this is a big one..!

YouTube Video Placeholder

kekeke.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-28 13:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Seriously though, does any of us purposely pay more tax then we should? I would love to pay $0 fed tax and I would be all over that if I could, you would too.

If people think finding tax loopholes is a Trump and/or Republican-only thing, they're delusional.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 13:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
The stupidest thing about the "I'm smart" comment is that according to all the information we and Hillary have, he has paid his federal taxes. He could have easily touted his "Wroooooong" line then and actually be right.

What inside information do you have about the amount of taxes Trump has paid? Yes, we have all of Hillary's tax returns, but Trump has revealed next to nothing. Clinton's accusation of not paying federal taxes could be spot on, it could be wrong, but we don't know because Trump is hiding the truth.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 13:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also
Quote:
After the debate, a strange man quickly rushed the stage and picked up Hillary’s notes off of her podium. This stranger then handed the notes to Holt as he was leaving the stage.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-28 13:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

While you're laughing, CJ, how 'bout that Congressional vote about suing Saudi Arabia that stood no chance of overriding Obama's veto because only them evil Repubs would dare to challenge him?

NPR:
Quote:
The Senate voted Wednesday to give families of victims of the Sept. 11 attacks the right to sue the Saudi Arabian government, overriding President Obama's veto for the first time.

The vote was lopsided, with 97 senators voting in favor of the override, well above the two-thirds majority needed to overcome the president's objection. Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid cast the lone "no" vote. Sens. Tim Kaine, D-Va., and Bernie Sanders, D-Vt., did not vote.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 13:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

When your platform is criticizing a crumbling infrastructure, weak economy, job market and global standing all while trying to use every aspect of law to pay the littlest amount of taxes possible... it's hypocritical and comical. Especially when supporters who are paying at 35% attempt to justify it.

It's as hypocritical as a candidate complaining about manufacturing jobs leaving the country whose clothing line is manufactured outside the country.

He doesn't put his money where his mouth is.
Administrator
Server: Exodus
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Putin On'the'ritz 2016-09-28 13:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
While you're laughing, CJ, how 'bout that Congressional vote about suing Saudi Arabia that stood no chance of overriding Obama's veto because only them evil Repubs would dare to challenge him?

97-1 is actually stunning. I figured it would pass override, but not like that. I think it's a terrible bill; the basest of pandering, and with real potential to set nasty nasty precedents.

Obama was right to veto it, and I am floored that anyone thought it was a good idea in the first place. 97-1 is just mind blowing, though.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 14:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That override has been expected for several weeks, so no idea where you got the idea it wasn't gonna happen. Its a problem for the next administration.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-28 14:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
That override has been expected for several weeks, so no idea where you got the idea it wasn't gonna happen. Its a problem for the next administration.

I was jabbing at Candlejack for comments from a previous conversation. I knew the veto was coming.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 14:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am more curious to see if Mitch McConnell is going to shut the gov't down this week.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 14:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Putin On'the'ritz said: »

97-1 is actually stunning. I figured it would pass override, but not like that. I think it's a terrible bill; the basest of pandering, and with real potential to set nasty nasty precedents.

Obama was right to veto it, and I am floored that anyone thought it was a good idea in the first place. 97-1 is just mind blowing, though.

Deplorable miscreants who think they can sue foreign governments privately. Wouldn't be surprised if entire swaths of plaintiffs disappeared without a trace.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 14:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I was jabbing at Candlejack for comments from a previous conversation. I knew the veto was coming.

/face palm

The veto was overridden.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 14:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
I'll put it this way.
You can try to force sovereign foreign governments to cough up in court, just as you can try to force sovereign foreign governments to build something they don't want, but good luck actually seeing a dime without having to resort to violent methods like the unlawful invasion of another country.

That's alright we'll just sue them for the incursion. It will be like war reparation inversions.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 14:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
I'll put it this way.
You can try to force sovereign foreign governments to cough up in court, just as you can try to force sovereign foreign governments to build something they don't want, but good luck actually seeing a dime without having to resort to violent methods like the unlawful invasion of another country.

That's alright we'll just sue them for the incursion. It will be like war reparation inversions.
Like I said before, good luck getting a single penny out of a country that will refuse to cough up.

More like good luck living to see your day in court a'la mob witness status.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-09-28 14:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

In all seriousness this opens up the precedent of having the US government, politicians and members of the military to be sued in kind by foreign nationals... which is the main reason you don't make bills like this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76