Random Politics & Religion #11

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #11
Random Politics & Religion #11
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76
By fonewear 2016-09-28 11:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinton's health isn't a concern today is opposite day so. It is a concern !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 11:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Holt didn't raise any of those points actually, he only asked about some macroissues and then since nobody cared about the timing they both just went on rambling and accusing each other of ***. The only difference is that Trump was on the defensive more and the attacks were almost all from Clinton.
By fonewear 2016-09-28 11:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know you have to be pretty health to have an orange hue about yourself. It must be all the carrots Trump eats.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 11:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But not any less annoying to listen to. Focusing so much on the opponent's personal life is the exact type of politics that gives me nausea. Maybe Trump is a fraud, maybe he isn't, but let someone else scrutinize that and mind your *** business. More talk about the issues, less conspiracies.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-28 11:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Holt didn't raise any of those points actually, he only asked about some macroissues and then since nobody cared about the timing they both just went on rambling and accusing each other of ***. The only difference is that Trump was on the defensive more and the attacks were almost all from Clinton.
And Clinton's attacks were almost all truth, too.
Can you cheer for Clinton any louder?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 11:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So about those published findings in Malaysia Flight 17 investigation?
By eliroo 2016-09-28 11:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The questions mostly being directed at Trump may not have been a bad thing for him. He was able to air a lot of personal drama around him. The focus of the debate was also him and may have cleared the air about some of the things he said/did. Since Hillary didn't answer many questions most peoples opinion of her probably stayed the same.

Trump did miss a lot of chances to attack her personally, which may have been intentionally. Hillary was constantly pushing personal attacks then pushing her agenda onto them. She definitely went over the line when she called him racist and sexist.

Trumps biggest downfall was just straight up lying about his views on Global warming and his initial opinion on the War on Iraq.

Also, a lot of people are saying he is wrong about Stop and Frisk but further reading on the subject mentions that it was just proved unconstitutional at a district court and the only thing that was unconstitutional was the way it was being done and not the procedure itself.

I still do not agree with it being a good fix, I think it addresses the problem but in a way that is dangerous for both the people being stopped and the police officers doing it.

That aside, both Hillary and Holt were wrong when they claimed it was unconstitutional.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 11:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What did he clear the air about?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 11:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cause the 4th amendment and its nuances, totally isn't a thing when internet opinions get involved.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Since Hillary didn't answer many questions
She answered them all.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 12:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So about those published findings in Malaysia Flight 17 investigation?

We already knew the truth, the plane was shot down by Ukrainian rebels with a missile provided to them by Putin. It does have long term implications (the Dutch will see to that), it could possibly have short term if more sanctions are applied.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-28 12:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What did he clear the air about?

Quote:
may have cleared the air about some of the things he said/did

Keyword is May

Yeah cause the 4th amendment and its nuances, totally isn't a thing when internet opinions get involved.

Terry v. Ohio addresses that.

The reason the district court ruled it unconstitutional was because they were discriminating people for their random and suspected searched.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Since Hillary didn't answer many questions
She answered them all.

I was implying that she didn't have any questions specifically asked to her, my wording was a bit off but that is what I was getting at.

Trump got what was it 12-14 questions directed at him while she had less than 5? Don't recall the exact numbers currently.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-28 12:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Calm down, King. Holt is a registered Republican, so by default any bias is automatically negated because there's no way that a Republican moderator that supports Obamacare, supports Obama's amnesty, and promotes fear-mongering with climate change could be swayed to help Clinton even in the face of overwhelming media pressure.

Nope. Not at all.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 12:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

k.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-28 12:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Trump got what was it 12-14 questions directed at him while she had less than 5? Don't recall the exact numbers currently.

That's an advantage, he gets more mic time.

When your strategy is to be seen and heard as little as possible, less mic time could be seen as an advantage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-28 12:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Forcing beliefs onto others is something that has literally always been there and in some ways has contributed to societies growth. I don't necessarily agree it is right in all situations, but I disagree it is wrong in all situations. That is simply how we grow together.

I mean think about it, when did we decide that killing another man is wrong? Who forced that idea onto others? Do you think it was a positive change? What do you think the world would be like if we didn't try to push the idea that "murder is bad" to everyone around us?

Even now you are forcing your ideas about not forcing ideas onto others. That is just how it works. We push our ideas into others in hopes that they agree and then we move on or "evolve" as a society.

The people voting against abortion and gay marriage want to push society forward in a direction that they think is right. Which doesn't make them wrong in wanting that.

You can't just view their ideas as repressive without fully understanding their intent. To them, this is the right path and to them this is what will lead to a better society.

I disagree with their views but that doesn't mean I can't understand their intent. Instead of trying to tell them their wrong we should instead try to tell them why they are wrong. "Forcing your ideas on me" and "It hurts women and gays" isn't a valid argument for them.

Long rant, but what I'm saying is that "Forcing ideas" isn't a bad thing and has been done to shape our society the way it is. If we had the same motto forever we would most likely be living in a lawless society.

For the record, as is already known, I am actually Pro-choice and pro Gay Marriage and I think these two things should not be issues discussed in this election as there are more pressing matters that need to be addressed. Gay marriage is legal and there are currently government funded abortions, I doubt the republicans will do anything to stop those without a riot.
No beliefs are being forced on anyone by allowing either of those things to remain legal. Like I said, if you don't like abortion, don't have one. It requires active participation. There is most certainly no such thing as government funded abortion so get some facts straight.

Marriage equality and abortion are most certainly still relevant topics considering the supreme Court vacancies. The chance that either respective decision could be overturned is not non zero if the court is filled with enough conservative leaning judges.

This is what I was talking about. People who don't live with discrimination don't see it as a worthy issue. And you wonder why not much stock is put into the arguments of someone who things "it hurts woman and gays" isn't a good enough reason not to discriminate.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-09-28 12:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So why did it take until Tuesday to start the post-debate whining about moderator bias? Yesterday was all about Trump's mic being sabotaged so I guess that didn't work and this is plan B.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 12:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Being anti abortion and anti LGBT is basically being anti-capitalist which is anti-American.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 12:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I wasn't the only one who noticed the sound being off? That was super annoying. But it wasn't just Trump's, Holt's too.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 12:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So why did it take until Tuesday to start the post-debate whining about moderator bias? Yesterday was all about Trump's mic being sabotaged so I guess that didn't work and this is plan B.

"The mic was horrible"

"We notice you were sniffling"

"I wasn't sniffling that was the mic picking up my breathing "

That was an actual exchange on Fox and Friends
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 12:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah they were whining yesterday. That fox and friends interview was a disaster at the end, when Trump doubled down on his fat shaming of the Miss Universe winner. Totally silenced the hosts. They literally had nothing to say so Trump just kept talking.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-28 12:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

“No. You know, the mic was very bad but maybe it was good enough to hear breathing.”

Was the actual quote. Even the hosts had a wtf expression on their faces.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-28 12:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's Lordgrim-quality conspiracy there!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-09-28 12:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

"The mic was horrible"

"We notice you were sniffling"

"I wasn't sniffling that was the mic picking up my breathing "

That was an actual exchange on Fox and Friends

I said earlier it was going to be in the SNL skit. He was sniffling the whole time and drank at least 3 bottles of water.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-28 12:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the Chinese hacked the microphones to make Trump look back.
“No. You know, the mic was very bad but maybe it was good enough to hear breathing.”

Was the actual quote. Even the hosts had a wtf expression on their faces.

You try breathing while in the presence of Hillary. She emits a foul and unpleasant odor !
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76