Forum » Windower » Support » Win 10 multiboxing / FPS issues
Win 10 multiboxing / FPS issues
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-04 03:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been dealing with these two minor annoyances for about a year now, since transitioning from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and on two different desktops, so I'm curious to know if anyone can shed a little light on either of them.

The first is a multiboxing issue. I used to be able to play with as many as five accounts simultaneously without any real issues over Win XP, Vista and Win 7, but for some reason every time I mouse click or Alt Tab to a new FFXI window on Win 10 the window currently in focus will instantly press a series of keys, moving through menus and/or macro palettes, often imitating the last several key presses made on the previous window. What could be causing this? It's made multiboxing a bit of a tricky endeavor, inadvertently using expendables and almost tossing gear/items on more than one occasion.

The second's a minor FPS issue most people probably wouldn't notice, but is anyone running the game on Win 10 able to get an unwavering 29.4 or 58.8 fps in most areas of the game? I used to be able to on Win 7 and below, but my fps bounces between 57.5 and 58.5 on Win 10 and it's enough of a hit to present an annoying stutter that drives me insane, often easy to spot when swinging the camera around and nearly impossible to see when it's sitting still.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-04 04:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

About your first issue, i had this, i could fix fix this but i dont remember what i did, but tthe important thing is that there is a solution. I use xpadder and controller for alt tabbing, so im not sure if i managed to fix that using some config in xpadder or using some native option in XI config box.

If i can remember something i will post.