users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » The Tumult Curator Thread
The Tumult Curator Thread
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-05-29 13:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
I don't know what's wrong but I had Schezro Bolster Fend/Attunement and Sacro and AF just wrecks me.. some of them I take 0-50 and 3 of them I get hit 600-700 x3.. This was with RUN too..
Schzero won't have any affect on mid-level damage that comes from multiple sources even if the total is greater than your total HP. It would need to be a single avatar doing something like ~3k damage for scherzo to negate it. Outside of that, you can use abilities like Sacrosanctity and One For All to mitigate multiple sources of magic damage.
By eeternal 2020-05-29 13:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point never thought of that, anything else I need to do to mitigate it? dropped Diffussion MG and its still hits like a truck.. Since he's dark based.. Frazzle doesn't stick.. maybe Pining Nocturne? Would Knight V help?
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-05-29 13:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We bring a RUN to use One for all, COR random deals it back, then wild card and WHM can also sacrosanctity in case OFA is down. 6-7 man clears with MNK solo DDing.
By eeternal 2020-05-29 14:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does killing the adds helps or they respawn?
 Shiva.Applesmash
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-05-29 14:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We just ignore them, don't think it helps
By Mrgrim 2020-05-29 21:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He Respawns adds with thundris shriek so its best to keep em asleep. Also here's the strat that apple talks about, this was a somewhat unoptimized run, we forgot to use full break @100%, and Odyllic at 25% where it helps immensely on certain tp moves like thundris shriek's long stun and outright evading debuffs. Another thing we do with RUN is full break be4 mnk takes over. Another thing to keep in mind is that at low hp Tumult acquires a regain effect.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Stymie silence at beginning of last phase gives u a good window to keep it from doing nasty magic.

edit2: Also don't forget to send nonessentials to spread out right be4 astral flow goes off, so all avatars dont AF at once which almost costed us the run on the video because we forget at the last AF.

YouTube Video Placeholder
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [208 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2020-12-23 23:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If looking to do this fight with a 18 man alliance This is the set up we used and went really well for us, credit goes to enjin useing his 6 man strat.

PLD/WAR
RUN/WAR
WHM/SCH
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM
SMN/WHM

SAM/DRG
SAM/DRG
COR/DNC
WHM/SCH
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM

SAM/DRG
SAM/DRG
COR/DNC
WHM/SCH
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM

For Final Form. Brd sleeps all with nitro. wait for intimidate to wear off. RDM 1 hr silence. WHM ssncro. SMN alex,and get hate on adds when they wake up, causes lamps to chase during zerg and wont fire off astral flow. Geo. Bolster Frailty Fury and demateralize. Then can run out of range. Sams Yag. and fundu spam for light skillchains till death. Brds gave min 4 5 honor march and madrigal. cors gave choas sam roll for entire fight. total fight time was around 18 min
 Asura.Cordyfox
Server: Asura
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2020-12-24 00:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
*There is a bug with being able to use the Unity warp to fight this NM, some people can, some people cannot warp to this fight. But walking to the pop and winning will still grant access to Curator.

This is not a bug: Captain is a prereq for this Unity warp, as it passes through Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. No Captain? No warp. This is probably intended to keep people from having to death warp should they find themselves literally unable to re-enter the ruins (as Captains can do so for free), and, well, it's an island.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-24 01:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To access Tumult UNM warp you don't need Captain. You only need to have beaten the Thu'Ban, Shedu and Sarama, once you have beaten them 3 UNMs, Tumult warp gets unlocked.
[+]
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2020-12-24 06:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
To access Tumult UNM warp you don't need Captain. You only need to have beaten the Thu'Ban, Shedu and Sarama, once you have beaten them 3 UNMs, Tumult warp gets unlocked.

That would be why OP was specifically referring to the Shedu - Caedarva Mire warp.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-24 07:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Iirc you can run there quick without Captain, 5 minute walk through Nyzul area.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-12-24 08:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blizzy said: »
If looking to do this fight with a 18 man alliance This is the set up we used and went really well for us, credit goes to enjin useing his 6 man strat.

PLD/WAR
RUN/WAR
WHM/SCH
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM
SMN/WHM

SAM/DRG
SAM/DRG
COR/DNC
WHM/SCH
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM

SAM/DRG
SAM/DRG
COR/DNC
WHM/SCH
BRD/WHM
GEO/RDM

For Final Form. Brd sleeps all with nitro. wait for intimidate to wear off. RDM 1 hr silence. WHM ssncro. SMN alex,and get hate on adds when they wake up, causes lamps to chase during zerg and wont fire off astral flow. Geo. Bolster Frailty Fury and demateralize. Then can run out of range. Sams Yag. and fundu spam for light skillchains till death. Brds gave min 4 5 honor march and madrigal. cors gave choas sam roll for entire fight. total fight time was around 18 min

Been using a similar 18 man strategy for the last 3.5 years in clearing this for LS. Pretty much same setup except we have RUNs instead of SAMs as the DD, and SCH instead of SMN for embrava, and regen all 3 parties. Can fart on it with Odyllic rotation as well. RDM was n't able to silence this back then, so it's a good trick to use now. I find that SAM Yaegesumi strat can get messy if something goes wrong, hence why we use RUNs. If u don't kill it in 30 secs, and wildcards fail, u can rely on OFA as needed and ***.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By zixxer 2021-02-01 19:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Party composition I farmed him with was yag whm, epeo run or burt pld, igeo, rema brd/whm, cor/nin savage dd set, masa sam.

Pre pop buffs= pro, shell, brd cap haste then atk to dds, brd tank and refresh songs to mages, cor chaos/sams.

Pull phase 1-3 geo uses fury/ frailty.

Phase 1 pull long arm chariot first (this will one shot your tank if it’s not killed right away). Then the rest in any order.

Phase 2 order Gurfurlur, Gulool, Medusa
Gurfurlur whm be ready to remove all debuffs, assisted by brd/whm

Phase 3 order Thuban, Sarama, Shedu
Whm use barthundra and barfira

Before the kill for phase 3 brd needs to move far away due to stun/terror. Brd will soulvoice troubadour lullaby. After all mobs are asleep, will need to rebuff. After rebuff wait 1 min for intimidation to wear. Brd uses wind threnody, geo focus then geo and whm will start to silence TC.

Phase 4 once it’s silenced cor and bard will move to the end of arena (no need to attack).

Geo will bolster indi-fury, geo-frailty, entrust indi fend on tank.

Everyone group up inside the bubble. Only Sam and Run will attack (Run will not WS). Sam gear will need to be very good to dps or it’s a wipe.

Sam starts with warding circle, hamanoa, and before 80% will pop yeagasumi. Spam Fudo or SKILLCHAIN till it’s dead.

Whm will sacro, asylum before 80% and just curaga through the damage.

Run before 80% will pop one for all, rayke/gambit, scherzo, odyllic.

If pld before 80% fealty, invincible, rampart(will need relic head +2 for 1 min rampart), majestic with curaga through the damage.

I think that’s everything.

Edit: I have done this with a R15 Doji Sam as well
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 20:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

we were doing this last month 6 man pld sam cor brd whm smn and it's basically zero issue, the addition of smn for perfect defense just makes it idiot proof because the sam just uses yaegasumi a little later, but most of the time if its 6man HP youll get it down before anyone even dies. smn also has carbys aoe erase for the annoying troll guy so thats fun.

I don't think we ever went above 12 people, but up to 12 we had zero issues with that kind of setup
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-02-01 20:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Having done this run a number of times with Zixxer and got the body, I can attest this is a winning strategy. I was the Masa SAM, even without r15 it was plenty easy to kill.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-01 22:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As BRD for all of my runs I want to point out that for final phase when SV is up, you should be singing Honor/Minuet5/Minuet4/Madrigal/Scherzo and casting Haste on the SAM (SV Honor + Haste 1 should cap haste unless I’m misinformed). I’ve seen groups overlook this small detail and use double March double Minuet with a scherzo which is 1) overcapping haste with SV up and 2) losing out on a lot of Acc from the madrigal which the SAM may need.

Get them kills!
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2021-02-01 22:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Scherzo is also a wasted song. Scherzo reduces heavy hitting damage like mijin, it doesn't reduce damage that comes in multiple hits like TC's astral flow. Astral flow is lethal because its 8 hits, you miss a few resists and you're dead. The best counter to the astral flow I've found is whm's asylum.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-02 00:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going as brd and you sub anything other than nin or dnc just change to whm and go home and be a family man so someone else can take over and dunk 40k+ savage blades all day.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-02 02:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crowned said: »
Scherzo is also a wasted song. Scherzo reduces heavy hitting damage like mijin, it doesn't reduce damage that comes in multiple hits like TC's astral flow. Astral flow is lethal because its 8 hits, you miss a few resists and you're dead. The best counter to the astral flow I've found is whm's asylum.

Yeah, but if you mix scherzo with One for All, then damage should be reduced to several hundreds by scherzo, then absorbed by OFA right?

EDIT: Unless Scherzo comes after OFA, then Scherzo wouldnt help.
EDIT2: Actually even if scherzo works, it only reduce damage by 53% and damage needs to be over 75% of your hp, which means 8xAF hits would still kill you, unless you would have a macro with massive HP+ when RUN uses OFA.

Scherzo or not tho, OFA is the best non SP ability to counter those AFs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-02 07:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Yeah, but if you mix scherzo with One for All, then damage should be reduced to several hundreds by scherzo, then absorbed by OFA right?

EDIT: Unless Scherzo comes after OFA, then Scherzo wouldnt help.
EDIT2: Actually even if scherzo works, it only reduce damage by 53% and damage needs to be over 75% of your hp, which means 8xAF hits would still kill you, unless you would have a macro with massive HP+ when RUN uses OFA.

Scherzo or not tho, OFA is the best non SP ability to counter those AFs.
From what I remember the individual damage from each AF wasn't enough to even proc Scherzo, but all of them together were killing you.
Might be able to proc it if you remove Shell, I guess? Then it's gonna do a lot of damage and of course Scherzo will proc, but this approach is usually not worth it if you can't pair EA+Scherzo together.
It's what a lot of people used on the Avatar VD fights aeons ago to make the VD arguably easier than D lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2021-02-02 07:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I made this video a while back as soon as unity armor upgrades were released.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I think it's still a relevant strategy, if it helps someone ✌
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-02 09:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Did someone say something about going brd/whm and we are just being an Asura ***? Is this just a random comment that is just thrown in?

Will groups not clear this if the brd doesn’t sub dnc or nin??

It’s so vague and non-specific and I can’t tell if it’s a response to someone or what.

Such a mystery.

Lmao

Just a random comment. Sorry I triggered you into two consecutive replies. Go outside more.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-02 09:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I argued this on a few of my runs that Scherzo didn't really do anything and we were better off doing an extra madrigal but alas every tank (and they were all different) insisted on having the Scherzo. We always won regardless but an extra bit of acc or atk wouldn't have hurt.

Even a carol of a random element would probably be better in that 5th song slot probably.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-02 11:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Did someone say something about going brd/whm and we are just being an Asura ***? Is this just a random comment that is just thrown in?

Will groups not clear this if the brd doesn’t sub dnc or nin??

It’s so vague and non-specific and I can’t tell if it’s a response to someone or what.

Such a mystery.
Let me help you solve your 'mystery'

[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-02 11:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you sub /Blm to d2 anyone you don't like home 1st.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-02-02 15:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you /whm and skip all the tele crystals and tele the entire party out right before you killshot with Savage Blade, guaranteeing all the loot for yourself.

Amateurs.
 Asura.Tafari
user: tafari
By Asura.Tafari 2021-02-02 15:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

as buffs to don't die from last form it's good to use
one for all ( rayke for light damages (ifusingsamfudo) )
sacrosantctity
this need to be killed under 1min.
brd should use HM March Madrigal Minuet
cor SAM CHAOS
geo fury frailty str
sam both yaegasumi meiko sushi with meditate ( sam can survive from all Astrals flow with yaegasumi this good to know )
also warding circle and hamanoa are both important !!

this is what i use it never fail..
 Shiva.Applesmash
By Shiva.Applesmash 2021-02-02 16:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can counter Astral flow by spreading the non-essential personnel away when it triggers, whenever Mrgrim and I did it we just kept the melee(MNK in our case) on it with the WHM and GEO while we would run away in different directions on our BRD RUN COR RDM etc, avatars will spread out and you eat maybe 2-3 Astral flows each which are very survivable with OFA or Sacrosanctity.

Only applies if you're not zerging it down mindlessly I guess though, so take that with a grain of salt.