PlayOnline Crashes When Transitioning From Windower

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » PlayOnline crashes when transitioning from Windower
PlayOnline crashes when transitioning from Windower
By Crevox 2016-08-17 22:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am on Windows 10. POL works fine without Windower. Windower rarely works when trying the below things.

Things I tried:

* Delete addons/plugins folder.
* Delete updates folder and let it reload things.
* Delete luacore/hook.
* Delete settings.xml.
* Compatibility mode (Windows 7, 8).
* Uninstall Windower and reinstall.

It was actually working fine. I was in game hanging out, killed some mobs, but then the game crashed. Now it's no good.
By Crevox 2016-08-18 14:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone help a rappy out? :(
By Verda 2016-08-18 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since you mentioned PSO... okay.

Check your event viewer, look for the crash messages and dump it here so we can look over it.

Try temporarily disabling any antivirus, and also cleaning up your windows startup to minimize the amount of programs running. Also do a video driver update.

You can use msconfig (windows key + r and type msconfig and hit enter) and the startup tab there to go through anything starting up, set them to disabled if you don't know what it is or don't use it, because you don't need anything in that list for windows to run. You can also try going through add/remove programs to get rid of stuff you don't need/use altogether which also can have negative impacts on the system via either startup programs or services.

That's my go to list for any pc I work on and more often than you'd think solves problems (not to mention helps boot speed and performance). Anyway, good luck nice to see a recognized smn playing again.
By dustinfoley 2016-09-04 05:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Same issue here, computer just updated to 'new version of windows', and i can get ffxi to run on its own, but windower crashes when it goes to switch from PoL to FFXI.dll

no error or anything created.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-09-04 06:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to make sure that you aren't running any form of compatibility mode, or the same compatibility mode across both PoL and Windower.
When i was goofing around in 10, i believe i had compatibility mode off, as it was crashing me if i had it on?

I'm not sure, thats the only help i can offer sadly! Sorry!
By dustinfoley 2016-09-04 06:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

naw was nothing to do with that, windows updated to windows 10 aniv. edition. it reset a bunch of settings

uac had to be lowered and graphics driver updated, and windows defender switched off for my default program i had to update.
By Pantafernando 2016-09-04 06:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its old news but did you guys tried to right click both windower and pol icon and set it to run as admin?

For example, xpadder didnt work when i was just opening as normal. Once i set it to run as admin, it started to work.
By dustinfoley 2016-09-04 06:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I fixed it myself, but in short yes I did panta.

I was running it for the last 10 weeks with no issues. Windows updated last night, and i assume it as the equivalent of a service pack. When i started up a lot of my applications needed to be updated (virus scaner, graphics card, etc)

Once i lowered uac , and updated my gcard driver (from may to august driver) it worked fine.