Windower Functions Help
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-08-16 12:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I've been looking high and low for hours for an answer to this question and have had no luck. Does anyone know if there is a library of all the information accessable with the Windower Functions?

For example, the Speedchecker addon uses:
Code
local me = windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_target('me')
me.movement_speed

To access the movement speed of the player. If not for this addon, I wouldn't know that me.movement_speed was an accessible variable. Where could I found out all the accessible information in these functions?

Thanks.
By Nyarlko 2016-08-16 19:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That page itself IS the library you are looking for, and it also appears to show that me.movement_speed is valid.

Under windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_target, 'me' is listed as a valid target value.
It also says that returned table format is the same as get_mob_by_id, which does have 'speed' listed as a value. It seems that the 'speed' value returns some sort of raw value which is getting converted to a percentage. :? I think that's what's happening here.. Extreme noob when it comes to programming in general, but I have a decent grasp of logic at least. ^^;;

I do wish that the dev wiki included examples of how each command looks in use though. Would be immensely helpful to those dipping their toes in the water, so to speak.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-16 20:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The wiki is not really maintained, and no it doesn't list movement_speed as a variable.

If you have specific questions, you could try to post on the Windower forums. If you are just curious and would like to look through things yourself, you could always just loop through a table and print whatever is inside. For example,
Code
for i,v in pairs(windower.ffxi.get_mob_by_target('me')) do
    windower.add_to_chat(200,i)
    windower.add_to_chat(100,tostring(v))
end

If you do this, you'll see the results aren't quite what you'd expect according to the documentation.
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2016-08-16 20:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Flippant, that helps a ton. And as Nyariko said, I am dipping my toes in the water and this was one missing link I desperately needed.

Also, I tried registering for the windower forums 5 times. It kept giving me a "your password does not meet the security requirements" everytime. So I just gave up and came here.