Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Crafter's Crib Bazaar Guidelines
Crafter's Crib Bazaar Guidelines
 Asura.Boozerr
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Boozerr
By Asura.Boozerr 2016-08-13 15:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The crafter has the right to sell for whatever he or she wants. Its not about price raping, it's about what the crafter personally wants it to be worth. I have some stuff I sell for more then AH. Let's face it, some people are desperate to move product and will undercut the competitor for first sale. Others are not so desperate and will let nice items rot in there baazar for months and not care out of principal. If the entire community really wants crafted HQ goods dirt cheap, they would all sell the raw materials dirt cheap to allow us crafters to pump out HQ attempts at little loss. Don't complain about a crafters price then preach supply and demand to justify your own raping of raw materials to make such items. Bottom line, nobody making you pay any price...its your discretion if you want to or not. The current owner of any product can put what ever price they want on anything, regardless what history shows.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-13 15:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't about what price the crafter asks. Looking at jinxed wristbands, since it's the one I see most on the front page. If they silently throw it up for 350m in their bazaar, anyone who looks at ffxiah to see it will have the real prices readily available when they click the cross-server pricing tab. They will not be interested in paying 350m when they see that it's up on many servers for what appears to be 250m.

However, these sellers post them on the front page and ask it. They continually bump the thread, and when nobody buys it they post that it sold for their asking price and close the thread. A week later, they mysteriously have the same item available for the same price, and people have seen that they 'sold' one for that price. It artificially inflates the cost of that item, leading buyers who don't do their research to believe they're paying a fair price.

I have never, not once, seen anyone post a complaint on an item page or make a thread to complain because someone decided to bazaar an item for much higher than it's worth on here.

Not only is it offering sellers ad space at the expense of a negative to every other users experience, the blatant price fixing goes ignored and if it gets pointed out in the threads the mods delete the comment as a flame post(has happened to me more than once, even when posted without personal attacks). As is, FFXIAH is basically condoning the price fixing when the silent system they have in place is more than capable of connecting interested buyers to the sellers that are trying to move those items.
By Draylo 2016-08-13 15:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Not only is it offering sellers ad space at the expense of a negative to every other users experience, the blatant price fixing goes ignored and if it gets pointed out in the threads the mods delete the comment as a flame post(has happened to me more than once, even when posted without personal attacks). As is, FFXIAH is basically condoning the price fixing when the silent system they have in place is more than capable of connecting interested buyers to the sellers that are trying to move those items.

Sums up my thoughts, Ive had my posts deleted too.
By Afania 2016-08-13 16:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Boozerr said: »
The crafter has the right to sell for whatever he or she wants. Its not about price raping, it's about what the crafter personally wants it to be worth. I have some stuff I sell for more then AH. Let's face it, some people are desperate to move product and will undercut the competitor for first sale. Others are not so desperate and will let nice items rot in there baazar for months and not care out of principal. If the entire community really wants crafted HQ goods dirt cheap, they would all sell the raw materials dirt cheap to allow us crafters to pump out HQ attempts at little loss. Don't complain about a crafters price then preach supply and demand to justify your own raping of raw materials to make such items. Bottom line, nobody making you pay any price...its your discretion if you want to or not. The current owner of any product can put what ever price they want on anything, regardless what history shows.

With how economy works, the price of an item isn't determined by the seller, but supply and demand.

For example, assuming there are 2 sellers selling the same item X. Seller A attempts to sell X item for 350m, seller B sells for 250m, and there's only one buyer, in theory the buyer will buy from seller B, and seller A won't be able to sell his stuff, because there aren't enough demand, and seller B sells for lower price.

Thus the real value of item X is 250m not 350m.

However if there are no transparency with market price, and seller A advertise his item for 350m, the buyer may buy from seller A instead of B, just because he didn't know seller B sells the item for 250m instead. Thus the real value of an item gets inflated.

With rules such as PM offer only, the transparency further decreased when it's already tough to get the real price from AH listing, thus favoring sellers.

Also please don't play the "you just want dirt cheap items" or "you are just jelly" card whenever someone voice their opinion about price transparency. None of my post nor Comeatmebro's post are jelly nor asking for dirt cheap items. My account isn't even active, why would I care about the market price of an item? I just see current WTS system favors sellers thus voicing the opinion.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-08-13 16:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget that if someone does point out that it's currently listed for 250m, the mods cover the sellers back and delete the post as malicious.

Sure, the seller doesn't want that post there, it guts their ability to sell at 350m. However, anyone who reads that thread with the intent of buying it certainly would. I'd say a post like that is much more of a positive to the community than a negative.

None of these problems would exist if sellers were confined to using the existing bazaar method.

I can see WTB threads as much more useful: the people capable of obtaining those items may not be aware there's a demand and are unlikely to check the pages of everything they could potentially sell. Odin.Godofgod's chocobo thing is a great example, with how little traffic those items get. The problem with WTS threads is that someone interested in buying something will almost certainly know to check that item's page.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 16:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Don't forget that if someone does point out that it's currently listed for 250m, the mods cover the sellers back and delete the post as malicious.

Sure, the seller doesn't want that post there, it guts their ability to sell at 350m. However, anyone who reads that thread with the intent of buying it certainly would. I'd say a post like that is much more of a positive to the community than a negative.
If it's pointed out with civility it's fine. If it's pointed out in a dramatic way, it will be removed.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-13 16:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So no jazz hands?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
So no jazz hands?
No jazz hands, *** slaps, or farts in anyone's general direction.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-08-13 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-13 16:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Why not make a separate section for wtb/wts thread? Just make sure everyone posts there server in the title and keep that whole section off the main pages recent threads list? Keeps it all in one area, and off the main feed.

still seems like a simple solution to me if they dont want these in the servers section.
I dont rly see as threads as a way to price fix. if they offer to high a price then they wont sell. Shop/look/ask around and youll find the avg prices. If a person only checks one source and goes with it tho, then thats on the buyer. Not much can be done about that.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 17:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mm popcorn is yummy!!! Nice point god of gods your logical response is nice.
By Afania 2016-08-13 17:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not make a separate section for wtb/wts thread? Just make sure everyone posts there server in the title and keep that whole section off the main pages recent threads list? Keeps it all in one area, and off the main feed.

still seems like a simple solution to me if they dont want these in the servers section.
I dont rly see as threads as a way to price fix. if they offer to high a price then they wont sell. Shop/look/ask around and youll find the avg prices. If a person only checks one source and goes with it tho, then thats on the buyer. Not much can be done about that.

The problem is that "PM only" rule makes shopping and looking for avg price harder, thus favoring sellers and puts buyer at slight disadvantage.

Now if buyers are allowed to post their prices, then it's more of a fair play. But that isn't the case.

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Mm popcorn is yummy!!! Nice point god of gods your logical response is nice.

No one is starting drama here, in fact it's not even about seller, crafters nor their prices, it's about FFXIAH WTS thread policy. Idk where's popcorn came from.

And yes, somehow defending for current WTS thread policy= logical response, otherwise there are no logic, ok.

I didn't say a thing about items being expensive or not, just wondering why sellers can post prices in public but buyers can't.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 17:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
The problem is that "PM only" rule makes shopping and looking for avg price harder, thus favoring sellers and puts buyer at slight disadvantage.
The rules are subject to change. I'd like to keep things civil though.

I could see public haggling as long as it stays civil...though I suppose a breakdown of civility would be troublemaking.
By Draylo 2016-08-13 17:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest, you are mostly deleting anything negative towards the seller in those threads. I guess its because of Orij/Foreverj scuffles but it really is unfair to most buyers to silence any opposition to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE price gouging.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-13 18:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say a thing about items being expensive or not, just wondering why sellers can post prices in public but buyers can't.

were not allowed to post saying we want to buy something at a certain price???
By Afania 2016-08-13 18:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

were not allowed to post saying we want to buy something at a certain price???

Not in the same WTS thread.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 18:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda open to changing the "PM only" thing so long as it doesn't become overly dramatic and hostile.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-08-13 18:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm kinda open to changing the "PM only" thing so long as it doesn't become overly dramatic and hostile.

im sure every forum mod knows by now that it doesnt matter what the topic is; ppl just love creating/being apart of/watching drama. You could have a discussion on what 2+2 is or what color the sky is, and it will end up in the same place...
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-13 18:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see people attempting to troll by replying something like "bidding 1 gil", but it's free market and sellers has as much right not to sell at undercut price as buyer has right to choose not to buy an overpriced product.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 18:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll look into it soonish.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 18:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-Price Disclaimer: Bazaar threads aren't run by FFXIAH staff, as such the prices are set by the OP. If the OP advertises a price and you want to haggle or make offers, keep it civil and avoid insulting the seller on a personal level.

Thoughts?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 18:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I like. Question next is if the seller says "dory I can't go that low or to that price does the buyer continue to argue their reasoning for price even though the seller has already said no? Meaning more posts of nonsense etc? On my posts I state message me in PM or post and I always get PM messages etc.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 18:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this has happen to some sellers already
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 18:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always state if you wanna argue about the price could PM the seller so it's not drama in multiple posts creating a negative environment. Let alone arguing doesn't mean the seller is going to drop their knees and pay so kinda wasted energy to me.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 18:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like. Question next is if the seller says "dory I can't go that low or to that price does the buyer continue to argue their reasoning for price even though the seller has already said no? Meaning more posts of nonsense etc? On my posts I state message me in PM or post and I always get PM messages etc.
Well, I would leave it at no drama, I can't really stand behind whatever price.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 18:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no not that I mean if the seller says no and the person starts pointless reposting trying to argue I assume that's allowed or they can PM us?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 18:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh no not that I mean if the seller says no and the person starts pointless reposting trying to argue I assume that's allowed or they can PM us?
They should PM.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-08-13 18:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Understood
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-13 19:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Since WTS/WTB threads (which I will refer to as Bazaar threads) are becoming commonplace, I figured I'd post a few guidelines to help keep things running smoothly.

-Price Disclaimer: Bazaar threads aren't run by FFXIAH staff, as such the prices are set by the OP. If the OP advertises a price and you want to haggle or make offers, keep it civil and avoid insulting the seller on a personal level.

-Server Transfers: FFXIAH and website staff are not responsible for issues that may arise from server transfers. However, if we see enough proof that a bazaar OP is trolling people into transferring, said OP may be section banned from the Crafter's Crib.

-Thread Placement: A bazaar thread can be placed in the Crafter's Crib or the relevant subsection for the item being sold. Only one thread is needed, multiple items can be sold in a single thread. Please don't post bazaar threads in server subsections. If you are unwilling to transfer, be sure to announce this and tell which server you are selling on.

-Bumping: Bumping occasionally is fine, don't overbump. If you are trying to keep your thread on the front page full time by yourself, including sock accounts, that's too much.

-Demaining: After the items advertised in the OP are announced as sold, the thread will be demained and possibly locked to minimize front page clutter.

-Troublemakers: Forum rules apply and bazaar threads are short-lived, if you cause trouble you will be topic banned for the sake of keeping the peace.

-False Reporting: Don't report bazaar threads for fun or over personal drama. Don't cry wolf.

These guidelines are subject to change when necessary.
OP has been edited to change the PM stuff in the price disclaimer.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-08-13 19:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the hell would I sell something for 200M when I can wait for one dumb **** to buy it for double that? Funny thing about any item whatsoever is, everything is valued differently for every body. What you think is expensive, I might not, or vice versa. Have you ever picked up something at the store, specifically an article of clothing, liked it, checked the tag and realized you don't want it that bad? Same song and dance. If you really, REALLY want something, you'll pay whatever the heck YOU think it might be worth. Compare it to MSRP if you'd like, that's what it should cost, but the seller has the ability to put whatever price tag he feels necessary, and you'll either buy it, or sit there and complain about it and get nowhere. You just end up looking like a baby who is whining because they didn't get their way. Grow up...