Organizer crashing
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-08-10 01:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just copy what I pasted on BG:

I'm having a problem running organizer on one of Chiyio's characters, its giving the following error:
Organizer: Lua runtime error: libs/extdata.lua:1535: attempt to index field 'potency'

I can run organizer on another char on the same PC (while running at the same time), and I've even tried loading other lua's on this character and they run fine (even if it cant find most of the gear). Nothing in this gearswap file calls for pulling specific gear with augments.

The lua loads fine in gearswap without any errors.

I've reduced the gear swaps function to:
function init_gear_sets()
--------------------------------------
-- Start defining the sets
--------------------------------------
sets.weapons = {main="Tsurumaru"}
end

and it still gives the error. I've coped the rest of the code over from another working SAM lua, and it still gives the same error about the potency field.

short version:
-Organizer is giving an error on one char.
-I've loaded other lua's onto that char and it attempted to move gear just fine.
-I've reduced the lua to bare bones with one piece of gear to look for, and it still gave an error.
-I copied the rest of the code from another SAM lua that I know works (just incase I accidentially changed something) and it still gave an error.
-The lua loads fine in GearSwap though, and will attempt to change gear if I move the gear manually.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-08-10 04:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I want to clarify:
- This specific character cannot run Organizer with this specific SAM file.
- Other characters can run Organizer with this specific file.
- This specific character can run Organizer with all other files.

Is that right? If not, can you confirm these statements are true or not?

Since it seems like you are using Mote's, are you sure you do not have any other optional files being included?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-08-10 04:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

- This specific character cannot run Organizer with this specific SAM file. yes
- Other characters can run Organizer with this specific file. I havent tried, but its modified from a SAM GS that I use on another character that works. I've also attempted to rebuild it from that other characters file incase I deleted something important, with the same error
- This specific character can run Organizer with all other files. I thought so, but trying it again, they were all failing

Its something with this character. I've deleted all my GS/Org files (except for my lua's), and the same error persists. Thing is, this is a character that has very minimal new gear (couple reforged AF, and some delve gear), last time he played the game was 85 cap.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-08-10 04:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just logged on and I was able to spam //gs org while inventories were loading, and it bugged out after satchel/sack/case/wardrobe unlocked. Seeing as how the extdata.lua code at 1535 is about augments, heres all the gear he has on him thats augmented. Unfortunately, I told my friend I wouldnt toss any of his gear, as useless as it may be:

Fay Crozier: Perp Cost -5, Pet: atk/ratk+5 MAB+2
Royal Redingote: Perp Cost -2, pet: atk/ratk+15

Ebon Bliaut: no augs on, but it has two lines unlocked. I'm gonna stop here, because I think I found the culprit.

yup, tossed that Ebon garbage and it worked.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-10 08:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I found the problem. It's both surprising and totally unsurprising that no one reported it before now.

* This issue has been a problem since the extdata lib was released in May of 2014.

* It would occur with *any* piece of Ebon/Ebur/etc. gear that has open augment slots.

* This is the first time anyone has reported it to me.

The problem is caused by me halfassedly implementing the Evolith augment system before realizing how *** huge it was and giving up.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-08-10 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I found the problem. It's both surprising and totally unsurprising that no one reported it before now.

I dont think anyone other than my packrat friend even had any of that shitty Evolith gear after 2014.