Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bodycount - Police shootings
Bodycount - Police shootings
By Odinz 2016-07-09 14:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This has become such an observable phenomenon now that I think it deserves its own thread.

569 Shot dead so far in 2016 (6 months). That rivals the deathcounts of soldiers during previous wars (Afghanistan, Iraq)

The Guardian has a deathcount tracker here:
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

To keep things objective and balanced, I am also posting this (Police killed):
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/08/nationwide-police-shooting-deaths/86861082/

Finaly, this image of Alton Sterling's killer has really stirred something fierce inside me.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-09 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get too stirred up over a grainy picture. Wait until a reputable source confirms it first.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-09 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that Alton's killer? I saw that going around facebook without any context, names, anything and just ignored it.

See, I hope this *** burns. But he won't.

Also, wtf photobucket
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-09 15:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a topic already being discussed in multiple threads, see Random P&R and numbers that I know were already provided.

Does not need it's own thread, reported as spam.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-09 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Random P&R is for whatever political situations you want to discuss. There's no harm in having a thread on an ongoing political issue.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-07-09 16:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"The Soth Shall Rise Again!"
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-07-09 16:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Random P&R is for whatever political situations you want to discuss. There's no harm in having a thread on an ongoing political issue.

Yes, like the one we already have here

http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/49179/0-respect-for-obama-usually-but-this-speech/

Where the same discussion is already taking place and the same information has already been provided.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-07-09 19:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Caseyanthony said: »
There is no police black genocide it's simply thugs been thugs resisting arrrest in most cases with no value for thier own lives.

Out of curiosity, do you feel that resisting arrest should automatically put another's life at risk?

If you see on television and hear from your friends and families that the police are more likely to kill you than to listen to you, would you not panic when a cop draws his weapon, starts shouting at you and tries to put you in cuffs?
Especially when, if a cop cuffs you, tosses you into his vehicle, and you happen to die along the way, that cop won't even get community service?

Not listening to a police officer should not equal a death sentence, unless the resisting person is an immediate threat to others around him (including the officer). Even then, I'd rather a cop find a better, nonlethal resolution whenever possible.

I wish we weren't so gun happy in this country. I wish cops could travel in pairs and not carry guns at all for routine work. I wish cops didn't have to always carry, since that implies the world is so dangerous out there, a cop should be prepared to drop someone at any time.
I wish none of our citizens were so fearful of our government and their fellows that they feel the need arm themselves.
It's becoming the wild wild west and a chaotic mess.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-09 19:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

the department of justice takes their orders from the white house and the president's directives.

There's no longer a need for the "Reasonable suspicion" its not the name of the game now especially under the current State of Emergency we are still under as a Nation do to the false dichotomy of Terrorism. When clearly we are seeing the true definition being the government. Which majority of everyone on this forum thinks Governments can do no wrong especially not the US government not these two political parties of course not them.

If you want to help stop all these terrible calls to arrest people on a whim you should vote out democrats and republicans. Both approved of the continuation of the Patriot act that ripped the Constitution to shreds.

Today in the United States you are Guilty until proven innocent.

That's not how this has always been because we use to govern under this important document called the Constitution.

Today in the United States police no longer need a warrant to search you or your property the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in favor to expand the ability of law enforcement to search without warrants.

That's not how this has always been because we use to govern under this important document called the Constitution.

The deflection of blame is right in front of your eyes.

The police are not the enemy.

They get their orders from the Democrats and Republicans sitting in your State Capitals and federally from Washington DC.

Clearly these vigilantes are pointing their guns at the wrong people.