July 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-06 16:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting seems to be the only way.

I just used that because it's the best pole arm WAR can use, which is relevant to this months ambuscade. Next best is a Halberd class with 55 less damage and 3 less accuracy.
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 16:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Physical Accuracy JP Gifts give some leeway, particularly in allowing you to use swap in Blurred Lance or a Greatsword along with an appropriate neck piece swap. Or adjusting your Cichol Mantle's DEX spec if you want/need.

where are ppl getting blurred lances from? (at least those looking to get one now) I havnt seen any on AH and crafting one requires dark matter which is highly expensive. Is crafting the only way to obtain?

I believe Blurred weapons are crafting only... not to mention they are SU2 so you need 100 JPs to use them.

------------

Asura.Saevel said: »
Treizekordero said: »
I was thinking for BST in Ambuscade might be good to use a pet that's strong against the bird family. I believe that would be an Amorph pet.

Generous Arthur - Dire Broth is the strongest one I know.. there might be better but I don't know of any piercing pets not a BST main XD

It'll do jack ***damage once the barrier goes up. The typical way your supposed to do it is use the proper damage type on the adds to remove the barrier.

My pet suggestion was with this in mind since all the mobs are bird class then again I was going off the top of my head. My thought process since Boss and adds are all birds the bonus damage from Amorph would speed things up a bit.

I took a quick look at the jug pets on FFXIclopedia. Swooping Zhivago might be a better suggestion since it has piercing moves which would be better for the Boss bird.

Edit:
I realized Zhivago would probably work best if your group plans to zerg the boss like you've suggested Saevel.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 16:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Treizekordero said: »
My pet suggestion was with this in mind since all the mobs are bird class then again I was going off the top of my head. I took a quick look at the jug pets on FFXIclopedia.

Doesn't matter if they are bird class or not, each has a different damage vulnerability. Trying to kill them without using their vulnerability is annoying as ***, its' why use use Tomahawk on the NM and just keep WSing it.

Best to figure out which pets do piercing damage / piercing WS's and use those plus someone be on Blunt or Slashing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-07-06 17:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

any good ideas for bst effectiveness for ambu this month?

YouTube Video Placeholder

blorblorblorblorb
[+]
By Treizekordero 2016-07-06 17:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice... Percival - Does Slashing auto attacks, and has a blunt and piercing WS.

***!! Thanks for the video.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-06 17:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet ... "BLU IS OP PLZ NERF!"

Plus I feel so bad for all those parties of peoples waiting 18 minutes to get in right after content went live.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-07-06 17:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So many parties. On Quetz. :D
[+]
By Draylo 2016-07-06 20:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
And yet ... "BLU IS OP PLZ NERF!"

Plus I feel so bad for all those parties of peoples waiting 18 minutes to get in right after content went live.

Yeah exactly... That's why I roll my eyes at these parrots that keep saying it.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-06 22:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Huge difference between "buff DD's to be ahead of a hybrid job like blu" and "orz nerf blu"

However I dont have the slightest reservation in saying NERF the ***out of BST.
By Draylo 2016-07-06 23:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

More like nerf dawn mulsums, pretty OP item but that would hurt BST a lot probably.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-06 23:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to gear up my BST and All star it next CP campaign. Then I'm going to make a ***load of youtube videos and post them all over the official forums and call out every other job while the trolololol song plays on each and every single video.

Goodbye BSTs, I'm going to get you nerfed to lolstatus again.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-07-06 23:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Such negativity. SE should just delete all but one job. Perfect balance for all the whiners and criers for nerfs.
When you were all kids, did you ask that other kids toys get smashed at Christmas if you liked their presents better than your own? Why not just ask for better presents for yourself...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-07-06 23:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm going to gear up my BST and All star it next CP campaign. Then I'm going to make a ***load of youtube videos and post them all over the official forums and call out every other job while the trolololol song plays on each and every single video.

Goodbye BSTs, I'm going to get you nerfed to lolstatus again.

Holy ****, I can feel the burn of the jealousy pulsing through this post. Calm down buddy, don't get upset, just join the club. All Star that BST and show us all and the viewers of YouTube that you REALLY mean it!!
By BlaTheTaru 2016-07-07 00:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a guy on shiva who literally sniveled to me for 10 minutes about how blu has always and will always be stronger than Bst ever was. To the point that I wanted to remind him that he is a grown man. He needs to come watch this.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-07 00:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

13 pages before the thread went to ***. Better than most, I suppose.
[+]
By Chyula 2016-07-07 01:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

congratulation now you just effectively reverse the game back to 75 cap.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-07 01:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

worse
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-07 01:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

the ***
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-07-07 02:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a fascinating amount of garbage in that post. I am honestly amazed at the effort to nerf haste so much that no fight will be winnable without every job present.

Just make haste categories (magical, JA, gear) not stack additively anymore, but each a separate multiplier. Count Dual Wield as JA haste. Each category now caps at 50% and is its own multiplicative step. Boom. All sorts of new gearing options, multiple magical haste sources matter, no job can cap any category on their own. Keeping 80% total delay reduction is optional, 87.5% is fine.

Sandraa is going full PGI. Never go full PGI.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-07-07 02:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

why are you talking like this
By geigei 2016-07-07 02:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I will gladly pay 2$ monthly if Sandraa wont post his crap anymore.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-07 02:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
derp
lol. why are all your posts so bad
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-07-07 03:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI need a huge balance. In this game tank classes, support classes and dps classes dont mean a ***. Matsui need kill himself for put FFXI in this stake.....

Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-07-07 04:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy what the mother ***
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-07-07 06:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster said: »
any good ideas for bst effectiveness for ambu this month?

YouTube Video Placeholder

blorblorblorblorb

Great job as always!

Its nice to see people still doing stuff in the game for fun and challenge, rather than simple efficiency.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-07 09:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a SOLID STATIC group with Geos, Corsairs. You dont have a *** idea what its stand in JEUNO. With your Alluvion Skirmish set and alluvion Skirmish weapon.

I dont care what savael, Nightyre, Afania or the president said. Our plan works fine as you see all our members have abjurations ILV119 gear and Reinsejima items...

Do you think I got gear for my WAR from playing WAR? No, most likely all the other good Melee out there played something else at first, got gear for the jobs they wanted to play and made them good enough over time to play them on the content they had to use another job for previously.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14