Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 10:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If every person playing spends $4 monthly on each of their accounts and keeps all their mules, which won't happen, that's still not a substantial increase in income.

One-hit-wonders won't be paying $4, since all you can stick in there is gear, and a lot of people only level one or two jobs on multiboxes or aren't interest in paying more per multibox.

I don't refuse to listen, they've just offered no reason to believe that there's any potential for the timely adjustments the game needs or actually enjoyable content. Ambuscade really is bottom-of-the-barrel bad.

Are many people quitting over this? I sincerely doubt it, just like the number of I'M GUNNA QUITs over bst nerfs, but overall people are quitting because Mr. Project Manager has people designing crab mounts than doing something intelligent about Amnesia.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 10:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
This thread needs to be locked lol

Why? Because we're talking about the health of the game rather than politics, other games, or the random things that pop in our heads?
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 10:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's not just $13 to $17. For some people it's $28 to $32 (16 characters), or it's $39 to $43 (a main account gets two wardrobes and neither dualbox or tribox do). For a guy who six-boxes, it might be be $84 (say each account has one actual mule as well) to $88 or $92.

Just because these two boxes cost 1/3 of a single character account doesn't remotely mean this is a 30% increase in income even if every player (not account) buys two boxes.

Edit (after correcting a few typos): And a lot of people are brandishing about the idea that this would allow them to deactivate actual mules, which is a consideration as well. Obviously the people taking advantage of login points and gobbie box won't be doing this.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-02 11:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The number of accounts matters if someone isn't going to buy multiple wardrobes. I have quite a few paid and active playonline accounts, but at most I'll be getting 3 additional wardrobes(one character has enough geared jobs to benefit from two of them, another could probably benefit from one). Most people with a basic mage mule or even two basic mage mules have absolutely no need for additional wardrobes on those, even if they're willing to pay for it on their mains.

In the end, I don't entirely disagree with the assessment of "that's kinda slimy of SE but whatever I'll pay it for the convenience". That's how I look at this move in particular. But, allowing for SE to sell anything combat-related directly for dollars would be a different story. A balanced growth rate keeps us from having everyone curbstomping the latest content.

While you can potentially buy a mythic from a third party vendor, it's still going to be likely a month long endeavor during which you have someone logged in your account 8+ hours a day preventing your gameplay. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people selling them are particularly good at the game and will struggle to complete the prerequisities in a timely manner. They'll probably bot your trials unattended, putting in a risk for a ban. It's far from the same situation as plopping down an amount of money and instantly acquiring a 119-3 weapon that's ready to go. Everything stays in line with the growth rate, it's just additional subs being paid who's effort goes toward existing players.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-02 11:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
For me I wouldn't mind this wardrobe 3,4 because it's a good option to have. An option is better then no option. I wouldn't mind a 1-2 dollar double cap points thing too. If they selling a mythic for 100 dollars, let the fools buy it. It's no biggie really.

Well you can already buy REMA's with cash, just need to go through a third party vender first. REM's are just gil sinks and Aeonic's are about finding a merc LS and paying them the gil for it. And guess what, you can buy gil with real cash. Current conversion rate on Asura is $2.5/M give or take.

These days I see tons of merc shouts, people paying gil for various gear all the damn time. Gil that can be bought with hard cash. The player community as already created a Pay-to-Win system despite SE's best efforts. So honestly I would rather SE be the recipient of the cash then gil sellers.

The game at this point is build rmeas and make Gil. You buy 999million Gil with cash defeats my purpose of playing the game. If a rich fool wanna do it then good for them.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 11:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
While you can potentially buy a mythic from a third party vendor, it's still going to be likely a month long endeavor during which you have someone logged in your account 8+ hours a day preventing your gameplay

Why in the hell would you do that? Your buying the gil to buy the Alex which is the real limiter, not the Tokens or Rank farming. Same with buying the currency for Relics, the Plates and Cinders for Empies and the HP Bayld for Ergons.

The number of accounts matters if someone isn't going to buy multiple wardrobes. I have quite a few paid and active playonline accounts, but at most I'll be getting 3 additional wardrobes(one character has enough geared jobs to benefit from two of them, another could probably benefit from one). Most people with a basic mage mule or even two basic mage mules have absolutely no need for additional wardrobes on those, even if they're willing to pay for it on their mains.

Again I've already addressed this. 90% of the accounts are actual players, maybe 10% of secondary mules / multi-boxes. Yes its' that small because casuals far outnumber hard cores and casuals don't multi-box. We only feel like "everyone has a mage mule" because the groups of people we hang with tend to use them a ***ton. In my hard core group ~30% have additional accounts, in my casual group maybe one other person does.

So remove the 10% separate mules / multi-boxes then adjust for half the remaining real accounts, thus 45% of the total. Add $4 USD to that number to get a general idea.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 11:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For me I wouldn't mind this wardrobe 3,4 because it's a good option to have. An option is better then no option. I wouldn't mind a 1-2 dollar double cap points thing too. If they selling a mythic for 100 dollars, let the fools buy it. It's no biggie really.

Well you can already buy REMA's with cash, just need to go through a third party vender first. REM's are just gil sinks and Aeonic's are about finding a merc LS and paying them the gil for it. And guess what, you can buy gil with real cash. Current conversion rate on Asura is $2.5/M give or take.

These days I see tons of merc shouts, people paying gil for various gear all the damn time. Gil that can be bought with hard cash. The player community as already created a Pay-to-Win system despite SE's best efforts. So honestly I would rather SE be the recipient of the cash then gil sellers.

The game at this point is build rmeas and make Gil. You buy 999million Gil with cash defeats my purpose of playing the game. If a rich fool wanna do it then good for them.

Well yeah but it's still happening and most importantly it demonstrated we already have a Pay-To-Win system in place, just one implemented by the players and third party gil sellers. Lots of those players who constantly merc end up selling the excess gil to the gil venders who then sell that gill back to the ones paying for the merc in the first place.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-02 11:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

While you can potentially buy a mythic from a third party vendor, it's still going to be likely a month long endeavor during which you have someone logged in your account 8+ hours a day preventing your gameplay

Why in the hell would you do that? Your buying the gil to buy the Alex which is the real limiter, not the Tokens or Rank farming. Same with buying the currency for Relics, the Plates and Cinders for Empies and the HP Bayld for Ergons.
I mean, I'm not going to deny you can easily buy gil and pick up 30k alexandrite with it. You're 100% right. To say 30k alexandrite is a mythic is laughable though. I can farm 150m in less than a day multiboxing vagary mats and mercing high end escha. To actually make a mythic, I'd need to devote 10 hours to nyzul, 10 hours to assault, and maybe 4-5 hours to einherjar if it was neatly fit in between other runs. Throw in 5-12 hours of killshot trials, and 2-3 hours for T4 ZNM which often can't be bought for gil, and the alexandrite is less than 1/4 of the time commitment in my case.

Maybe for a competent player with one account, the alex could be 2/3 of the time commitment. The rest is still significant, especially if they're very limited on time as many cash shop buyers are likely to be.

Quote:
Again I've already addressed this. 90% of the accounts are actual players, maybe 10% of secondary mules / multi-boxes. Yes its' that small because casuals far outnumber hard cores and casuals don't multi-box. We only feel like "everyone has a mage mule" because the groups of people we hang with tend to use them a ***ton. In my hard core group ~30% have additional accounts, in my casual group maybe one other person does.

So remove the 10% separate mules / multi-boxes then adjust for half the remaining real accounts, thus 45% of the total. Add $4 USD to that number to get a general idea.
I don't have numbers from SE to argue that point, but it's not uncommon for my linkshell alone to be over 10% of the currently online players on Leviathan. Throw in a couple other NA linkshells where multiboxing is prevalent, and I find it hard to believe it's only 10%. Granted, casuals who rarely log in would not usually contribute to /sea all, so as stated it's difficult to say for sure. It definitely isn't a small amount of extra money, and I support it if it helps keep XI online, I just worry about the next steps from there.
By Draylo 2016-07-02 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Same worry I have, I also highly doubt the funds will go into XI itself. The funds might be a reason to keep XI going but they wouldn't even bother trying to do anything drastic with it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-07-02 11:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone I know, "Hard core" or Casual have at least 2 accounts on Leviathan. in fact 3 I know only actually play 4 hours a week while afk the rest. of the more hard core group Ive seen 3~6 toons depending on their home setup. 10% just seems low. Id wager closer to 30% have multi accounts
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-02 11:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah but it's still happening and most importantly it demonstrated we already have a Pay-To-Win system in place, just one implemented by the players and third party gil sellers. Lots of those players who constantly merc end up selling the excess gil to the gil venders who then sell that gill back to the ones paying for the merc in the first place.

Except RMT isn't official and it's against TOS, in fact majority of the community are against it and has a negative pov toward whoever buys gil with real money.

SE selling gil or item themselves is not quite the same as RMT selling gil. It's official and basically sending out the "get a 119 III mythic in 1 day for $200 USD is legit way to play the game", while RMT via 3rd pt vendor isn't legit. Just because we have the option to do it via 3 pt vendor, doesn't mean we think it's ok for SE to do it.

Farm gil in game then use the gil to buy gear is legit because paying merc for gears is just online interaction, which is also not the same as cash shop since the player still has to spend time to farm gil, unlike RMT which gives instant accomplishments with real money.

I highly doubt SE would sell REM in cash shops, but I can't agree that RMT via 3rd pt vendor is the same as cash shop.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 11:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to say that overall server activity affects it too. I know several people that have 3+ multiboxes because they can go out and get things done on shitty-pop Valefor. If you're only talking dualbox whm's, the number is much higher. Last Monday, /sea all had 198 online at 6pm CST, lowest I've ever seen it.

If you're on a server that has lively linkshells and good shout activity? Maybe hardcore multiboxing isn't worth the high monthly fee for nearly as many people.

I also have seen several times where the number of people in one of my LS's is between 10 and 20% of the server population.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 11:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have numbers from SE to argue that point, but it's not uncommon for my linkshell alone to be over 10% of the currently online players on Leviathan. Throw in a couple other NA linkshells where multiboxing is prevalent, and I find it hard to believe it's only 10%. Granted, casuals who rarely log in would not usually contribute to /sea all, so as stated it's difficult to say for sure. It definitely isn't a small amount of extra money, and I support it if it helps keep XI online, I just worry about the next steps from there.

I'm on Asura, that super high population server. 10% is about right, as it was on Bahamut before I moved.

Maybe for a competent player with one account, the alex could be 2/3 of the time commitment. The rest is still significant, especially if they're very limited on time as many cash shop buyers are likely to be.

More like 4/5th of the time / energy commitment. And you answered your own question.

I mean, I'm not going to deny you can easily buy gil and pick up 30k alexandrite with it. You're 100% right. To say 30k alexandrite is a mythic is laughable though. I can farm 150m in less than a day multiboxing vagary mats and mercing high end escha. To actually make a mythic, I'd need to devote 10 hours to nyzul, 10 hours to assault, and maybe 4-5 hours to einherjar if it was neatly fit in between other runs. Throw in 5-12 hours of killshot trials, and 2-3 hours for T4 ZNM which often can't be bought for gil, and the alexandrite is less than 1/4 of the time commitment in my case.

Congrats you represent the 0.01% of the FFXI population. I believe the term statistical outlier is appropriate here. Vast majority of players don't do that, they have one account and due to the ridiculous amount of easily accessed content nowadays they now have inventory issues. Having to dbox gear to and from your account mule takes forever and is a huge drag when u need to quickly switch to job X to do something. They will pay for the convenience of changing jobs like FFXIV does.
By Afania 2016-07-02 12:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Everyone I know, "Hard core" or Casual have at least 2 accounts on Leviathan. in fact 3 I know only actually play 4 hours a week while afk the rest. of the more hard core group Ive seen 3~6 toons depending on their home setup. 10% just seems low. Id wager closer to 30% have multi accounts

I would say smaller server probably has higher multiple box rate because we don't shout here and mostly play with ourselves to get things done.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 12:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention the exponential income growth, even if all you can pull off is HTBFs on Normal / Gobbie Boxes / Login points and Gain-Exp farming.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 12:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Same worry I have, I also highly doubt the funds will go into XI itself. The funds might be a reason to keep XI going but they wouldn't even bother trying to do anything drastic with it.

They certainly aren't going into FFXI, that's not how funding is done in big companies. Each project has a budget it gets from senior management, this budget isn't directly correlated with revenue generation. Each project generates revenue that is collected at central management who disperses it based on budget, any extra revenue is called "profit" and is either reinvested into the company or given to share holders.

Now if a projects revenue generation is low then management might decide it's no longer worth throwing good money after bad and cancel that project. If the Project Manager can make a good case on keeping it around, then they might just downsize it's budget / resource allocation. If the Project Manager can show new revenue sources then they can justify keeping the project online.

There is no "Final Fantasy XI" company. There is the corporation SquareEnix that has many projects and many different revenue streams. One of those projects is "FFXI". Money doesn't "stay inside" a project, not unless that project spins off and becomes it's own business entity.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 12:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
I'm going to say that overall server activity affects it too. I know several people that have 3+ multiboxes because they can go out and get things done on shitty-pop Valefor. If you're only talking dualbox whm's, the number is much higher. Last Monday, /sea all had 198 online at 6pm CST, lowest I've ever seen it.

If you're on a server that has lively linkshells and good shout activity? Maybe hardcore multiboxing isn't worth the high monthly fee for nearly as many people.

I also have seen several times where the number of people in one of my LS's is between 10 and 20% of the server population.

WTF your LS is 10~20% of the server population? That's shitty beyond imagination. Asura regularly has over 1000~1200 players, getting under 800 would be a "slow day". I've seen it spike to over 1400 before. Bahamut was similiar before I left though it was a big less in total population.

You guys are on these super dead servers with people who refuse to server jump. No wonder your idea of the game is so skewed, your not even playing it anymore.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 12:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I do have friends here and friends are the reason I play--which you may have been wondering, since I hate SE's management style so much.

They don't want to jump, so I don't want to. But yes, every few weeks, another bites the bullet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 12:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole group should just server jump together. Asura, Bahamut, Ragnarok and I think Odin are pretty well populated severs with stuff happening all the time.

Right now on Asura 1164 players online from /sea all

1:13PM EST
5:13PM GMT
2:13AM JST

Not even prime time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-02 12:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone wants to be on a super server with 1000+ people. It's hassle enough getting a spot at one of the terrain difference gaes fetes or an ark angel instance with leviathan's current 418. If you have a group that gets what you want done, what's the point moving somewhere else?
[+]
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-07-02 12:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone wants to be on a super server with 1000+ people. It's hassle enough getting a spot at one of the terrain difference gaes fetes or an ark angel instance with leviathan's current 418. If you have a group that gets what you want done, what's the point moving somewhere else?

So you can do a /search all and post the results over and over anytime of day on ffxiah.com of course, what other reason is there?

People say stuff happens on Asura but it doesn't. The shouts are ***and never fill, Apex parties are Geo, Blm, Sch only cause shout groups won't break the mold and the ??? issue in Escha is a nightmare. Don't even get started on Ambuscade during its peak times *** that.

Literally the only thing good about it is some people sometimes want to buy stuff and you can make gil if you merc.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-02 13:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Midgitis said: »
People say stuff happens on Asura but it doesn't.

/r/ffxi gonna getcha!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-02 14:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's 2.5 a million how much can they sell it to them for? 1 dollar? And if they back 10 million per hour they only making 10 real dollar an hour. That's terrible lol
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-02 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH forums are infested with a bunch of players who have long since stopped playing seriously, if they even play at all. This leads to a false understanding of the current player base because most of them really don't care about you.

+1
[+]
By superzombie23 2016-07-02 15:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that's true, if you mean gil vendor is a RMT. Maybe they sell to close friends to exchange real money with, but they wouldn't dare go near an actual RMT. You'd risk losing all your accounts for initiating a trade of gil to an account that's on a watchlist; Any major RMT is on a watchlist that will get anyone associated with it banned... Instant ban the moment you trade gil to a real RMT. Buying gil (receiving gil from a RMT) on the other hand is a whole different story.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-02 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
FFXIAH forums are infested with a bunch of players who have long since stopped playing seriously, if they even play at all. This leads to a false understanding of the current player base because most of them really don't care about you.

+1

+2

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19