Random Politics & Religion #07

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 59 60 61
By brexit 2016-07-01 17:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Isis attack in a restaurant in Bangladesh, about 20ish dead.

News is saying 20ish hostages, not dead

2 dead police officers

W/e my agendanews says 2 police officers being held hostage with terrorist yelling Alla Akbar waving around the deadly fully automatic AR-15 Black Assault rifle with pistol grips and a bomb strapped to it. Oh I think a some people may be dead it's hard to concentrate since I'm currently shitting my pants over how scary that GUN is.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-01 17:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

brexit said: »
W/e my agendanews says
Not really a good idea to joke like that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-01 17:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we pretending that is not a sock?
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-01 17:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Why are we pretending that is not a sock?
We aren't.

If someone is going to use a proxy, at least use the same one. When you use a different one everytime you log on, it's obvious you're up to something or circumventing.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-01 17:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN:

Quote:
Armed terrorists are holding as many as 20 hostages at a cafe in a diplomatic zone of Bangladesh's capital. A gunbattle with police left at least two senior police officers dead and 40 people were injured.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the terror attack, according to Amaq News Agency, an ISIS media branch.
As police exchanged fire with the gunmen, the attackers threw explosives at officers, a source at the scene said.
Here's the latest:
• Gunmen are holding the hostages at Holey Artisan Bakery, a cafe popular with expats, cafe owner Sumon Reza told CNN. Reza said he managed to escape as six to eight gunmen entered. About 20 people, some of them foreigners, were in the restaurant, he said.
• A police officer in charge of a nearby station was shot dead, Maruf Hasan of Dhaka Metropolitan Police said. A second officer died from gunshot wounds, Detective Police Deputy Commissioner Sheikh Nazmul Alam told CNN.

• Alam said 40 people were wounded, some by gunshots and others by shrapnel from explosive devices.
• "We are trying to resolve this issue peacefully," police official Gen. Benzir Ahmed told reporters.
• Assailants were throwing explosives at police, a source at the scene said.
• The Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed a number of past attacks in Bangladesh through its media affiliates, but the government has consistently denied any ISIS presence in the country. Other attacks have been claimed by local Islamist groups.
• Though there was the reported ISIS claim of responsibility, the U.S. State Department said that cannot yet be confirmed. Spokesman John Kirby said the State Department is assessing information.

• Witness Sharma Hussain told CNN that her cousin has four friends who are in the restaurant. Hussain said the hostages' relatives have come to the scene but have received no word from their family members. Hussain said she heard the gunshots from her apartment, about a five-minute walk from the restaurant.
• Police are trying to find out the demands of the gunmen holding customers, an officer said. The gunmen have not made any demands.
• Lori Ann Walsh Imdad, an American teacher living in Dhaka, said she lives one block from the restaurant and she heard gunshots. At first there was a burst of gunfire; after that it was sporadic. There has not been any gunfire since, she said.
• Farzana Azim says she heard explosions outside her home. "We heard the first bomb blast at 8:30 in the evening," Azim said. At first she thought it was the sound of a plane, but a few minutes later another blast echoed through the neighborhood of Gulshan. Within a half hour, the gunshots started, she said.
"I never thought something like this could happen. It is next to a small hospital. This is family-friendly restaurant. Everyone loves to go there," the 49-year-old told CNN.
She said her husband and son had gone outside for the call to prayer and the attack happened shortly after that.
• Hussain said the restaurant is popular among young people, who would have packed the restaurant about the time of attack as they broke their fast for the day.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-01 17:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
brexit said: »
W/e my agendanews says
Not really a good idea to joke like that.

He's just trying to read it like an American news story, so that all the American readers can enjoy it too!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-01 21:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Also, without signals, because signals are considered a sign of weakness. Can't have that, everyone is supposed to read your mind, damn it!
In Seattle using your turn signals is defined as giving aid and comfort to the enemy. I don't think its a ticketable offense yet.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-01 21:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
First step of solving the problemturning into Nik is admitting that you have a problemgrowing a diabolic moustache.

When I think of a mustache I think of this:

Hey. There are worse things to think about when you think of moustaches than the greatest frontman to ever live.
IDK, I think he is HOT.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-01 21:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: TINGLY hot.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-02 16:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dhaka, Bangladesh (CNN)All the attackers in the deadly assault on a cafe in Dhaka were Bangladeshi citizens, and five of them were militants that police had tried to arrest previously, Police Inspector General Shahidul Hoque told CNN Saturday.
Authorities also released the nationalities of the 20 hostages who were found dead inside the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe after Bangladeshi troops stormed the cafe early Saturday morning, ending a nearly 11-hour siege.
Nine of the victims were Italian, seven were Japanese, one was from India, two were Bangladeshi and one was a U.S. citizen of Bangladeshi origin, according to the country's Joint Force Command. Eleven of the victims were male and nine were female.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-02 18:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Want face time with major news outlets at the conventions? You can flat buy it.

Major Political News Outlets Offer Interviews for Sale at DNC and RNC Conventions
The Intercept (I know nothing about this site.)

Openers:
Quote:
For high-rolling special interests looking to make an impression at the presidential conventions next month, one option is to pay a lot of money to a media outlet. Lobbyists for the oil industry, for instance, are picking up the tab for leading Beltway publications to host energy policy discussions at the convention, including The Atlantic and Politico.

And for the right price, some political media outlets are even offering special interviews with editorial staffers and promotional coverage at the convention.

Screen grab of the price list from The Hill’s brochure.

I used to respect that source....
By fonewear 2016-07-02 18:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How much to get alone time with Ivanka that is what I want to know...
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-02 22:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Want face time with major news outlets at the conventions? You can flat buy it.

Major Political News Outlets Offer Interviews for Sale at DNC and RNC Conventions
The Intercept (I know nothing about this site.)

Openers:
Quote:
For high-rolling special interests looking to make an impression at the presidential conventions next month, one option is to pay a lot of money to a media outlet. Lobbyists for the oil industry, for instance, are picking up the tab for leading Beltway publications to host energy policy discussions at the convention, including The Atlantic and Politico.

And for the right price, some political media outlets are even offering special interviews with editorial staffers and promotional coverage at the convention.

Screen grab of the price list from The Hill’s brochure.

I used to respect that source....

I'd pass the offer. This should be considered prostitution as a jailable offense. Clearly the biggest *** in the United States of America are the Democrat and Republican parties.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-03 09:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
(CNN)Iraq's capital was once again the scene of bloody carnage this weekend, with two separate car bombs killing at least 126 people.
The first detonation occurred Saturday on a busy shopping street in the central Baghdad neighborhood of Karrada, killing 125 people -- including 25 children -- and wounding 147 others, police said.
Firefighting crews pulled injured and trapped people from adjacent buildings damaged in the massive blast, including a coffee shop, stores and a gym.
The second bomb exploded at an outdoor market in the Shaab neighborhood of southeastern Baghdad, killing one person and wounding five others, police said.

The so-called Islamic State claimed responsibility for the Karrada attack in a statement posted on Twitter. The group claimed it was targeting Shiite neighborhoods. Karrada and Shaab are predominately Shiite.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-03 16:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas
Muslim doctor shot and stabbed outside Texas mosque

Ohio
Emirati tourist mistaken for Daesh member, hospitalised in US
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Blazed1979 2016-07-03 16:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My countryman demonstrates how not to get killed, shot, brutalized by crazy police - Americans take notes.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 19:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
Presidential election of Austria Annulled

Van Der Bellen directly knew what was going on too, even with this re-election its only a matter of time until he gets directly indicted next. I have a specific hatred for people who cheat on votes, and they should be dealt with extreme prejudice.

It was so blatant, I don't know how they thought they'd get away with it. I knew there'd be a re-election. Austrian people I knew were going ape when live results were cut off in the final hour, now we've learned just how deep the rabbit hole went.
Asura.Calatilla said: »
fonewear said: »
In our feminized society any facial hair is a sign you are rapist or a threat to women. Cause growing facial hair might be the last masculine thing men can do...
Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
Presidential election of Austria Annulled

Van Der Bellen directly knew what was going on too, even with this re-election its only a matter of time until he gets directly indicted next. I have a specific hatred for people who cheat on votes, and they should be dealt with extreme prejudice.

It was so blatant, I don't know how they thought they'd get away with it. I knew there'd be a re-election. Austrian people I knew were going ape when live results were cut off in the final hour, now we've learned just how deep the rabbit hole went.

There was no cheat at all, all the fuss is about opening the vote cards after 0:00 w/o the ppl in charge beeing actually there.

Nothing was changed on the result in the end, they just broke the rules when opening and counting the votecards too early and without ppl in charge. Yeah yeah this can lead to blahblah manipulated stuff - but there was not a single evidence for that - still - not beeing able to count sheets in timely manner and with ppl in charge to watch then is something that democrazy should not tollerate - sad stuff about this - by showing how unable the system is, and not beeing able to pull a vote off according to the rules they made up gave the rights here a VERY SOLID 2ND CHANCE to win this time actually.

And yeah its also true that some of the rights left early on voteday and so all of that ***could actually happen in the end.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 19:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at the beard meme xD so gud
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-04 09:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Blazed, I read about those, and there is more unfortunate news from here this morning.

Surveillance Video Shows Two Youths Viciously Beaten Outside A Brooklyn Mosque
By fonewear 2016-07-04 09:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me guess something something something Trump something something ban Muslims something something.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-04 10:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonsense Fone. Trump only wants to ban Muslims from entering the country. And surveillance of and inside mosques. And making them wear yellow crescent moons on their sleeves.

He said nothing about attacking them.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-04 10:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Spoiler broken?

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2016-07-04 11:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonsense Fone. Trump only wants to ban Muslims from entering the country. And surveillance of and inside mosques. And making them wear yellow crescent moons on their sleeves.

He said nothing about attacking them.

Sure he did he wants to kill all Muslims.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-04 16:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrorist Attack in Saudi Arabia
Suicide Bombings Hit 3 Saudi Cities, One Near a Holy SiteYour text to link here...

Quote:
BEIRUT, Lebanon — Bombings rocked three cities across Saudi Arabia on Monday, including near the Prophet’s Mosque in the holy city of Medina, raising the specter of increasingly coordinated attacks by militants seeking to destabilize the monarchy.

A suicide bomber struck near the United States Consulate in the coastal city of Jidda in the morning, wounding two security officers. Then, near dusk, when Muslims were ending their daily Ramadan fasts, other blasts struck near a Shiite mosque in the country’s east and at a security post in Medina, killing four security guards, according to the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television network.

The blasts in Saudi Arabia followed a bloody week in which terrorist attacks caused mass casualties in the largest cities of three predominantly Muslim countries: Turkey, Bangladesh and Iraq.

The Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, has claimed responsibility for the attacks in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and in Baghdad, and it is suspected of carrying out the one in Istanbul.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the Saudi bombings, although Islamic State extremists have attacked the kingdom repeatedly in recent years, mostly targeting members of the Shiite minority and state security personnel.

The attacks occurred amid fears that extremists had planned further violence during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan and for the holiday that celebrates its conclusion this week, Eid al-Fitr.

The Medina attack struck the security office of the mosque where the Prophet Muhammad is said to be buried, an important stop for millions of pilgrims who visit the holy cities each year. Four security officers died in the attack, Al Arabiya said, in addition to a suicide bomber.

So from a Muslim's perspective; they, the terrorists, decided to attack during the Holiest 10 days, of the holiest month. 1 day before the Islamic equivalent of Christmas or easter, at the second most holiest site to Muslims.

Call me crazy, but I don't think they're Muslim.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-04 17:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Sorry crazy, but your opinion isn't.the determining factor.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-05 08:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So the new thing is that Trump is anti Jew. It was just a matter of time...
By fonewear 2016-07-05 08:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36710783

All cause of this pic I guess I didn't read the article as usual.

By Ramyrez 2016-07-05 08:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

The problem is they're crazy (the terrorists) and don't think the people they bombed are Muslim/Muslim enough.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 59 60 61