Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 116 117 118
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-11 19:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to think Gumi may have messed up by giving him Throwing weapons. But he is still rather strong even with his bow, right?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-11 19:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed Dice are what break him. Same reason Nyx was on top of the finisher heap and why Tidus is going to destroy the chainer meta when he gets enhancements. I'm sure Ang is fine with a bow but he won't be anything exceptional when built that way.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-11 19:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Tidus enhancements myself as I own two of him and already farmed up the Fixed Dice. But if I get Ang in the meantime... I'll just be saving gil and crysts.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-12 13:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So still pretty new and got daily quest of winning at arena... is there anyway to get a bigger list of opponents to choose from?

Cause the list I have shows people that are technically near the bottom of the ranking but clearly 1 shotting the heck out of me. Or do people just keep really strong teams on the bottom for some reason?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-12 13:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
So still pretty new and got daily quest of winning at arena... is there anyway to get a bigger list of opponents to choose from?

Cause the list I have shows people that are technically near the bottom of the ranking but clearly 1 shotting the heck out of me. Or do people just keep really strong teams on the bottom for some reason?
Everyone starts that way in arena unfortunately, AoE status effects are a good way to start winning some arena matches, stop is particularly useful as not many units seem to have a way to cure it and ones like Ayaka have dumb AI and don't cure it even if you manage to stop their entire team.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-12 14:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

l o l
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-12 14:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're new to it make sure your units are equipped with gear. The party you use normally doesnt get auto geared when you go to arena.
The only way to reset opponents is to either reset the game or do something like missions that involves the game updating your status on the servers.
If you are limited on units and dont have good arena units like ashe, noctis, amelia or veritas of the dark then you should focus on making as many of your units immune to para/stone/sleep/blind etc as possible, then your only problems will be charm and stop.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-12 15:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
if you're new to it make sure your units are equipped with gear. The party you use normally doesnt get auto geared when you go to arena.
The only way to reset opponents is to either reset the game or do something like missions that involves the game updating your status on the servers.
If you are limited on units and dont have good arena units like ashe, noctis, amelia or veritas of the dark then you should focus on making as many of your units immune to para/stone/sleep/blind etc as possible, then your only problems will be charm and stop.
Yeah I'm no where near that point lol. I just keep getting one shotted (or close to it) with my strongest guys in gear by people at the bottom while dealing 1-2 digit dmg to them
By zoris 2018-02-12 16:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Arena list refreshes every ten minutes. It does it at different times, but will occur in the same window of the minutes 0:00 to 3:59.
Learned about this from some fairly old thread and have been making use of it to either wait out for a new list (by entering from home screen so it can actually refresh, can't sit in the arena menus) or to face an opponent in that window and hopefully make it choose from higher ones since my rank should be higher than it was (assuming victory).
<- been in top 3k with 0 lapis for far too long ^^;
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-12 16:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm no where near that point lol. I just keep getting one shotted (or close to it) with my strongest guys in gear by people at the bottom while dealing 1-2 digit dmg to them
as someone said a few pages ago dont get caught up on it, if you are geared and doing only 1-2 dmg (which sounds off) then do the daily 5 runs for the lapis and star quartz while you improve your chars. Arena is such a small part of the game but the free 10% moogle each month is nice once you can win.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-12 17:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note for arena: if you know you cant win, just hit Give Up. It still counts toward dailies and saves the headache of dealing with teams that you may be unsure that you can beat.

Not sure if anyone here knows about this but Xon is great for current event. Waylway steals extra red and gold flax from everything except Dragon Jr. and the boss.

EDIT: Counts for the 5 arena wins and losses, not the actual Daily Quests. Wasn't thinking when I posted this.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-02-12 17:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
as someone said a few pages ago dont get caught up on it, if you are geared and doing only 1-2 dmg (which sounds off) then do the daily 5 runs for the lapis and star quartz while you improve your chars. Arena is such a small part of the game but the free 10% moogle each month is nice once you can win.
1-2 digit dmg. Honestly I don't care. Like I prefaced this all it was just a daily to win 1 that's the complete extent of my caring right now throwing most my orbs into coliseum. That said didn't realize there was automatic prizes for doing some daily outside of the random daily quest thing so guess should do more
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-12 17:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to do 5 arena each day, spamming repeat for 4 of them. (lately every few days because i forget or dont feel like doing it).
Each week for minimal effort i get 8 arena tickets, one mini enhance pot and one normal(+1) enhance pot (+5). The type changes each week. Then at the end of each month i've gotten a king pot (+10) and a 10% trust moogle. You can get better rewards if you do it more, or worse rewards if you do it less but ive never gotten less, no matter how few i do as long as i do it sometimes.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-12 18:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You should definitely try to get the 5 win/losses everyday for reasons stated above. It also isn't hard to assemble a team capable of winning with minimum effort. There are tons of 3 and 4 start units that have great abilities for Arena these days. Amelia, Ashe, Exdeath, Ling, Setzer, Shantotto, Victoria and William are just a handful of those units. I should note that Ling isn't available currently but should become available for a week starting on Friday when they bring back last years CNY and Valentine's units. Keep in mind that you would probably have to pull for her on her banner as she will most likely not be rated up for Daily Summons.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-12 18:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Dragon Jr, how does one beat it? Even the 1000+ ATK Cloud friend unit I used was just getitng resist on damage, whereas I think WoL was able to damage it, just kinda bad damage.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-02-12 18:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do fire or nonelemental damage
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-12 18:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, like Byrth stated, fire or nonelemental damage, but also non-magic damage.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-12 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
Yeah, like Byrth stated, fire or nonelemental damage, but also non-magic damage.
Oh...I don't think I have any of that in particular strength.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-12 18:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hope you do, since you just need to make sure your DPS units don't have an elemental weapon equipped. There aren't too many units that deal physical damage that is also elemental.

To be clear, i meant to state the mob is just immune to magic damage period. Physical damage is the way to go, but just make sure it's fire or non-elemental.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-12 19:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
I would hope you do, since you just need to make sure your DPS units don't have an elemental weapon equipped. There aren't too many units that deal physical damage that is also elemental.

To be clear, i meant to state the mob is just immune to magic damage period. Physical damage is the way to go, but just make sure it's fire or non-elemental.
Oh, I swear the Cloud I borrowed didn't have elemental damage on his weapon, idk.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-12 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine has Revolving Saw equipped and deals dmg to it just fine. If it does no dmg, it had elemental weapon equipped.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-13 00:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

or toss on an imperil effect, chaining divine ruinations always drops it too.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-13 06:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No maintenance this week. Yun, Ling, Cupid Artemios and Cupid Luna return! It's a shame they didn't give Luna a 6 star awakening =(

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Guaranteed 5* 10+1 summon, but it's gonna cost money.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-13 07:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They're giving us barely a week of 250 lapis pulls, 5% trust (which is less than a day of macroing, or a week of expeditions), and 4 3* EX tickets (which hold significantly less value than even a normal summon ticket). This is all for the biggest global holiday of the year, and on top of it they're asking for straight up cash to get the real prize.

Yeah, no. Sorry but I'm going to continue to be disappointed and I'm not willing to be a beta *** and kiss Gumi's *** for this insulting display of avarice.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-13 07:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's especially insulting when you consider all the problems the game had 3 weeks ago after the version update. They have still been silent on the matter, but gave an immediate respond to Sunday's 1 hour of interrupted service, giving out a measly 100 lapis.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-13 21:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh I hate Esper kill requirements. I summoned the esper but the boss was killed just before the esper damage would have happened.

This was on the last Sakura event thing.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-13 21:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Esper kills suck until you get Bahamut. Then it becomes much, much easier.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-13 21:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hate getting use esper ones where I can't seem to even come close to being able to summon them before everything dies. I'm probably doing it wrong though
By Creecreelo 2018-02-13 23:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hate getting use esper ones where I can't seem to even come close to being able to summon them before everything dies. I'm probably doing it wrong though

That can be pretty normal. One of the best ways to handle these missions is to single target down enemies; try to hit them as much as possible with single-target attacks to generate orbs.

Using Rydia or Garnet's LB along with LB increasing equip/abilities or Entrust, is a sure-fire way to get these missions done too.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 116 117 118