First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 116 117 118
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-01 14:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe I'll be able to clear hard yensa exploration, that turtle complete stomped my ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-01 18:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
ELT or LGD?
The Exploration with the Urutan Eater boss. As for that one, I 100% cannot beat LGD but can easily beat ELT.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-01 18:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Burning tickets for Ayaka, burning tickets for Ayaka.

LA LA LA

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-01 19:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made peace with the fact I won't clear them, I usually don't clear the highest difficulty on these things and alas no Ayaka and I spent everything.

I do like this game but it feels like the power progression for a F2P player is PAINFULLY slow, that or I'm just not doing things right.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-02-02 03:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The new bundle is possibly the most unbelievably awful thing they've put up for sale since the 250 lapis beast meat
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 04:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my problem right now, looking at the units you guys have is that I have no particularly strong TMRs, Rem is still my strongest unit and her magic is only just over 400 I believe.

So the biggest problem I run into is that for the highest difficulty stuff I haven't been able to complete, LGD and Hard exploration from the last event for example, I pretty much get bodied and either wipe on turn 1 or am left in a totally unrecoverable position.

The main team I roll with right now is: Lunera, Rem, Ramza, Fryevia and Amelia.

I notice that I don't really have a tank unit right now but I can't particularly recognize one in my unit list, albeit I don't think I'm good at identifying them anyway.

So I suppose I would ask, is it my play style? Am I playing the game wrong?

Right now I generally use Ramza to buff with Hero's Rime +1, I can debuff with Amelia's Leg and Arm Shot, Lunera is generally a chain attacker, I like to combine her Aureole Ray and Amelia's Disorder.

Fryevia I use a lot for status in arena with that AoE ice move but also against single enemies I find her 55mp ice move very useful, especially when chained, a lot of the times with another Fryevia, I also use Amelia's Ricochet when I need statuses.

Rem is pretty obvious, dualcast magic pretty much every turn, heals if needed, Healing Prayer is very useful, I get jealous of the Rems with Siphon Delta though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-02-02 06:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately the real answer really is TMRing. For instance, with Fryevia's Needle, Dual Wield (Zidane), and 3x Letters and Arms (Ingus), I bet Fryevia would be your best DD on anything that doesn't resist ice.

TMRing is a blight on FFBE. They should let us trade 2000 NRG (worth of NRG/Lapis) per day for a 100% trust moogle, stop people from running the same story mission more than 3x/day, and be done with it. Tons of electricity would be saved globally and people could spend more time actually playing the game.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 07:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys do that Earth Shrine TMR thing then? I've never tried it. I managed to get dual wield with trust moogles
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2018-02-02 07:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much the only viable way to farm TM sadly. If you haven't already the first few trials are really easy to kill and have some nice pieces to have, the siren/ifrit one can be soloed by some units if they're set up right and if you level the story characters the gear from their trials is pretty strong for how easy it is to get (I think the fights are balanced around 5 star units?).
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 07:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, I guess I'll give that a go, is botting the Earth Shrine still safe? I read up about it but never went any further.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-02-02 08:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It is safe and has been explicitly Okayed by Gumi.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-02 08:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else's auto sort for abilities when trying to equip them, busted? Mine hasn't worked in over a week now. It used to sort abilities alphabetically but now it's just a jumbled mess.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 12:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

With that in mind, I might try to get Warrior of Light up then, he sounds like a good tank.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 14:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My Rem is built mainly for magic actually, with dualcast and curaga +1, her cures do enough as is, then if I don't need to cure I can dual cast an aga spell.

Post deleted by User.
By Creecreelo 2018-02-02 16:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you having trouble with? Damage? Tanks? Healing? Chaining? Finishing? You can't really expect to go into every fight with the same team every time.

This is a very key part to success in FFBE. Diversity in units is a huge part to tackling the new weekly content we're given. The more units you have lvl'd up, the more options and tools you have at your disposal for the content.

For instance, tanks generally all have their pros and cons over each other. Of the 4-stars, I've found EV and WoL to be very useful for their different purposes; I'm sure Mystea would be amazing to have lvl'd as well for certain content. EV really stands out imo. His break resistance buff and DT barriers, combined with his 100% voke and a form of AoE cover, make him an amazingly useful addition to most teams. He can have MP issues though if not prepared on that front.

As for TMRs, I really don't think it's that necessary to go that crazy TMR farming because after you get some of the key ones, namely a form of Dual Wield and maybe an Excalibur, the rest is mostly just gravy. Although this can depend somewhat on the characters you have; Fryevia for instance benefits quite a bit from having a lot of TMRs as others have said. Meanwhile Orlandeau/Agrias/DV have it a bit easier with a free Great Sword Mastery materia, Ifrit's Claw, Demon Mail, and a very easy but great chaining move.

Quick Edit: My advice for Tydis would be to simply ditch Amelia asap for WoL. That would really balance the team out.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 16:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have EV as well, should I level that up as well? It's cactuar dunes this week so I can farm the hell out of cactuars.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-02 16:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

WoL's breaks are stronger than Amelia's. I don't think EV comes with any breaks but it can't hurt to have him leveled up. He also absorbs any kind of earth damage and it heals him. its pretty cool.
WoL's breaks are AoE too and I'm already a big fan of WoL in arena, I need to awaken his Light is with us, such a cool ability.
By Creecreelo 2018-02-02 19:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tydis said: »
I do have EV as well, should I level that up as well? It's cactuar dunes this week so I can farm the hell out of cactuars.

It would be a good idea to eventually do so I think, although I would try to max his LB if you can. The difference between a max out EV LB and not at 6* is pretty staggering, and you may regret awakening him before doing so. Generally I find EV to be more helpful in situations where I cannot break the enemy, and/or I'm trying to prevent breaks, whether it be from the enemy or self-inflicted like Emperor's Control.

Since getting Wilhelm, I haven't used EV as much myself, but there are times where his break resistance can come in handy since that's a pretty rare skill among units.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-02-02 19:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

im liking basch as a tank especially with stacked up HP
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2018-02-03 01:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Roselia just got a decent update with her 6 star as well. She is no Ayaka but for f2p she can be really useful. She boasts Triple White Magic and MP recovery abilities that occur on demand instead of over time. Her Curaja also gets a nice boost through some relatively cheap enhancements, reducing its MP cost to 10 and base HP recoverd to 1600 before SPR/MAG mods. The only real drawback to her is the inability to remove ailments from multiple allies at once and no innate Raise spell. If you have Esuna, you can equip that to her. Raise will become available as a Star Quartz purchase in a Chocobo Shop at some point. She does possess the ability to raise the entire party, but it's at the cost of her own life.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2018-02-04 19:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just had the most frustrating arena fight in a while, other team had Ayaka, Noctis, Ashe x2 and Setzer.

They got first turn and really wrecked me with something, dunno what it was, I thought I was done but I managed to recover but I couldn't get Noctis or Ayaka down easily, then Ayaka uses Angelic Feather and I get 2x Maelstrom's Bolt the next turn which I couldn't recover from.
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 116 117 118