First Page 2 ... 21 22 23
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 04:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FDA approves 44 cigarette brands but still intends to ban >99% of far less hazardous smokefree e-cigarette vapor products and give the e-cig industry to Big Tobacco companies "to protect the children and public health".

http://www.ecigarette-politics.com/fda-approves-44-cigarette-brands.html

So the FDA out of concern for all our extremely import lives has decided to do what's best for us all and regulate ecigs. After the govt whom cared so deeply about American lives and quitting smoking wanted to help by putting heavy taxes on sales. Effectively doubling the cost and now quadrupled coincidentally making idk billions? Of dollars redirected bk to the govt for our own health safety.

In other words: they want to tap into the market like the mafia having you pay them so that they dont kill you themselves. You know... protecting you ...cuz we all need the FDA for "protection". Just like we all needed severe taxation to quit cigarettes to begin with. They're saving lives gdi! Dont ya know?

The FDA needs full control with regulations. Possibly forcing all the new small businesses that have popped up all over the place OUT of BUSINESS with regulations that could cost millions of dollars to those businesses having to test any new flavor they create that's not yet FDA approved "protection".

Unfucking believable
YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 04:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Broken link. You cannot Edit post.....
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 04:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Same. Kinda. Sorta.
http://wreg.com/2016/05/05/new-fda-regulations-on-e-cigs-could-affect-local-small-businesses/
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 04:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Discuss your govt's corruption and monopoly of supporting death merchants.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 04:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Different words. Same reality check.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-07 05:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs... but this seems like just another instance of rich people trying to steal money away from poor people and control them. :3
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 05:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Skjalf doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs... but this seems like just another instance of rich people trying to steal money away from poor people and control them. :3
B.I.N.G.O
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-07 06:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

E-Cigs are such a powerful tool to get off real cigarettes that they have the potential to not only compete with but to absolutely destroy the big business tobaco industry.

So it's not only the FDA but our politicians, the tobaco industry, the pharmaceuticals and all collectively they have all been trying to control such from happening from the very start for the past 10-15yrs. Siezing shipments from China labeling the ecig product as "Ilegal Contraband". Because of money. They want MORE money. They dont give 2 shits about anyone's "Health and Safety".

How disgusting is that. Thier job is straight up criminal in itself. They should all resign. Every single one of them.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-07 07:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They should just ban smoking/vaping entirely and call it a day.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-07 07:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's pretty obvious this has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with preventing vaporizer products from cutting into cigarette sales.

E-cigs are just nicotine suspended in water with a binding agent that's commonly used in other food products. Makers then put some sort of flavor additive, again stuff that's already used in other food products. We're talking three or four orders of magnitude safer then traditional tobacco products.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 07:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... cause smoking formaldehyde is healthy...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 07:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Yeah it's pretty obvious this has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with preventing vaporizer products from cutting into cigarette sales.

E-cigs are just nicotine suspended in water with a binding agent that's commonly used in other food products. Makers then put some sort of flavor additive, again stuff that's already used in other food products. We're talking three or four orders of magnitude safer then traditional tobacco products.

The FDA doesn't regulate what they put into your e-cigs, so honestly there is no saying what is exactly in what you're smoking. Yes, there is usually going to be propylene glycol, but what else is in there, only they (the manufacture) knows. Look it all up yourself, there have been people that have tested the products themselves and found all sorts of chemicals you do NOT want to put into your body.

Sure, do whatever you feel is necessary to keep dopamine flowing and yourself entertained, but don't come and try to tell us it's a good alternative when you don't even know what is in the product yourself.

(If you think I'm talking to you, I probably am.)
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-07 07:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Skjalf doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs...
Wait, really? :)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-07 07:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
The FDA doesn't regulate what they put into your e-cigs, so honestly there is no saying what is exactly in what you're smoking.

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
Sure, do whatever you feel is necessary to keep dopamine flowing and yourself entertained, but don't come and try to tell us it's a good alternative when you don't even know what is in the product yourself.

Compared to regular tobacco products e-cigs are several orders of magnitude safer. When someone smokes tobacco products they are incinerating not only tobacco, but also the paper and glue that was used to make it. This causes' a ***ton of chemicals to oxidize and get sucked into your lungs where they either *** ***up there, or get absorbed into the blood stream and cause even more damage. Carcinogens are BAD for living things, humans included. Tobacco products get a huge *** pass in safety because they are traditional recreational products. This is the same reason alcohol is treated as "safe" to sell, even though ethanol is a poison. Yeah every time you drink alcohol you are putting a poison in your body.

E-cigs are no different then household humidifiers. The ones that you put water into with a small amount of odorizer that they give you. Turn it on and you get fruity / flowery smelling mist.

Here is the thing, I don't' smoke. That stuff smells nasty as *** and smokers breath smells rancid. Thankfully most of my friends have switched from smoking to e-cigs and the results as massive. No more bad smells coming from them and I can actually tolerate them doing a "smoke break" with their vaporizers. Every one of them have confirmed a huge quality of life improvement while still getting their nicotine addiction taken care of.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-05-07 07:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's outright dirty on the government's part....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-07 08:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
But what do you expect?

So, what's everyone's solution? More regulation?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-07 08:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But what do you expect?

Let Trump handle it. Most of that stuff is probably made in China and Trump is going to tell China to go *** themselves day one so it'll work out.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-07 08:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
But what do you expect?

Let Trump handle it. Most of that stuff is probably made in China and Trump is going to tell China to go *** themselves day one so it'll work out.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-07 08:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But what do you expect?

The market will sort it out. Most people I know only buy their juice from reputable vendors via word of mouth. People know to stay away from cheap "made in china" mixes.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 08:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
E-cigs are no different then household humidifiers. The ones that you put water into with a small amount of odorizer that they give you. Turn it on and you get fruity / flowery smelling mist.

You're comparing it to a humidifier? LOL
Maybe if propylene was the only ingredient would it be even remotely similar to a humidifier. I know how vaporization works.

Also, E-cigs are more attractive to kids, and they are much easier to hide.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-07 08:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think smoking, regardless of what tools you use, is disgusting and dangerous.

So, anyone who wants to do it, have at it. Just don't give me lung cancer while you are doing it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 08:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But what do you expect?

The market will sort it out. Most people I know only buy their juice from reputable vendors via word of mouth. People know to stay away from cheap "made in china" mixes.

Those people still don't know WTF they are smoking, or what the manufacturer is putting into their products. They aren't regulated by the FDA, so they can be putting absolutely anything into these products and the consumer would have not the slightest unless they were to test them themselves.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 08:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

But what do you expect?

These E-Cigs originated in China FYI.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-07 08:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd treat cigs be them electronic or not the same, and tax the hell out of both, don't really care who gets in tears about it.*
It's ok for this stuff to be legal, but it shouldn't be also attractive.

*though I guess tobacco is handled by the government? Can a state even tax itself?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-07 08:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'd treat cigs be them electronic or not the same, and tax the hell out of both, don't really care who gets in tears about it.*

*though I guess tobacco is handled by the government? Can a state even tax itself?
Not sure what you're asking, here anyway tobacco sales are private industry, there's federal and state and local taxes out the wazoo on them, even more so in say NYC.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-07 08:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind a 0mg nicotine vapor that tastes like blueberry, apples, or Dr. Pepper or something just to take place of a snack but I think it'd be cheaper to just eat blueberries, apples, or drink Dr. Pepper.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-07 08:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind a 0mg nicotine vapor that tastes like blueberry, apples, or Dr. Pepper or something just to take place of a snack but I think it'd be cheaper to just eat blueberries, apples, or drink Dr. Pepper.
It would be less douchy too.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-07 08:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It would be less douchy too.
Yeah, I mean.. I like Starbucks vanilla frappes, but I don't go to Starbucks, I buy the ones in bottles instead because it's less douchy.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-07 08:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think smoking, regardless of what tools you use, is disgusting and dangerous.

So, anyone who wants to do it, have at it. Just don't give me lung cancer while you are doing it.

Well it's not smoking nor is there cancer involved. The user is inhaling a cloud (vaporized water) with nicotine molecules suspended in it.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

"E-cigs" have absolutely nothing to do with regular cigarettes, it's just a marketing term used when the first ones were made that looked like cigarettes and even had a red LED at the end. Most "E-cigs" nowadays are called vaporizers and resemble a light saber handle. You put "juice" inside it, which is the water with nicotine suspended and usually some flavoring added because nicotine tastes like ***. You get these little bottles that you then fill up the vaporizer unit.

They look like this

Juice looks like this

It's closer to a hookah then a regular cigarette.

The reason vaporizer's are being connected to cigarette's is they target the same consumer and can replace their dependency on cigarette's. Cigarette's are big business, billions of USD per year on a product that people would prioritize above food. People with barely enough money to buy food will still somehow have plenty of money for cigarette's. It's one of those products that once someone is addicted to, is nearly impossible to overcome. Both the government and the product manufacturers know this and extract as much revenue out of it as possible. Then something like nicotine vaporizers come along and while the older generation is still attached to their traditional cigarettes, younger smokers find it much easier to switch to vaporizers, which takes money out of both the government and the cigarette manufacturers.

Anyhow, in the grand scheme of things e-cigs are a FAR better option then traditional cigarettes. It wasn't hyperbole when I said they were three or four orders of magnitude safer. The lack of carcinogens alone accounts for most of that difference with the chemistry involved accounting for the rest.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-07 08:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They do make nicotine-free vapor that's flavored, and that's by far the stupidest ***you could do lol. At that point you're just inhaling carcinogens for entertainment. Nicotine isn't the harmful part of smoking, it's mainly the inhaling of carcinogens, so ultimately Nicotine isn't the problem.
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23