Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Frequent Crashes
Frequent Crashes
By Selindrile 2016-04-28 04:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends and I have been crashing a lot lately, we're unable to narrow it down to a certain plugin, I would provide a crashdump but the file has never worked for me.

I run dumpsetup as admin and it says the dumps will appear in my windower4\dumps folder, which is never created, and when I create it manually, it does not write anything to that folder, the crashes are freezes, and my windower is not in c:\program files, it's in c:\games, and I am running windows7.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2016-04-28 09:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself and a group of friends had the same issue the past 2 nights.
So last night we went down the line of add-ons/plug-ins that we all shared in common that we all may have active at the same time.

Final result: Seems that turning off the Guildwork plug-in fixed it for us.
We had it set to auto-log you in when you signed on to the game.
Turned it off so you had to manually log in and none of us DC'd again for the rest of the night.

Is it the cause? Still not positive. But it DID help us.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Server: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2016-04-28 14:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the guildwork plugin works. I am going to try this, I have been going to a not responding window when in a party with another player. I can party up with my mule all day long and nothing, but as soon as I party with a different PC I crash when stating to fight mobs. Once was in Escha - Ru'ann the other was in Abyssea - Tahrongi.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-28 14:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower has been freezing for Skjalf as well. Happened 3 times over the course of the last couple days. Think maybe unloading everything but Guildwork has helped, but not sure yet. Need more time to see if it happens again.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
Server: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2016-04-28 15:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be the case. After my last non responding, I unloaded guildwork and haven't crashed again. Thanks for the info!
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-28 15:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I get this too lately. Windower just freezes solid, have to ctr-alt-dele to close it. Happens a lot when I'm doing morta
 Odin.Seuca
user: seuca
By Odin.Seuca 2016-04-29 23:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also getting this a lot (solid freeze). Will try unloading Guildwork!
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2016-04-29 23:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

myself also, but after the 3rd or 4th crash, i decided to reboot my PC, one of the apps that was frozen was "plugin container", assuming thats FFXI/Windower Related.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2016-04-30 00:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
I get this too lately. Windower just freezes solid, have to ctr-alt-dele to close it. Happens a lot when I'm doing morta

Yep, past few nights I was spamming Morta, and unless we killed it extremely fast, I would freeze at around 1-5%. After the 10th time I just gave up lol. It happened a few times with Uptala also.

Wonder what about VW would make Windower (or Guildwork if it is the culprit) crash. I haven't had a freeze any other time.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-30 01:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf and a friend have both crashed without having any plugins or addons loaded supposedly... though friend said somehow Guildwork was loading even though it was turned off / um...

It happens randomly.... while walking around in escha zone and also when zoning to windy.
 Asura.Cyleena
Server: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-04-30 01:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Freeze and game crashing happens in Reisenjima as well. Seen multiple people have this issue happen.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-04-30 01:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I unloaded guildwork and Update add-on and haven't crashed so far since.