Random Politics & Religion #02

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #02
Random Politics & Religion #02
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 38 39 40
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-15 23:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try, its gonna be hard for you tho. One case is actually happening, the other is hypothetical. Start with how is it right for the Supreme Court to go over a year with 8 justices.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-15 23:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
The hypocrisy from the left is amazing isn't it? Sorry to bring up a old topic but I had too. People cannot refuse service to people violating religious rights, ie bakery but all these lefties can withhold services.

Tweet is verified can be seen on his twitter
Boycott =/= discrimination.

If he was saying that religious people weren't allowed in the theaters then they'd be comparable.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-15 23:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The hypocrisy from the left is amazing isn't it? Sorry to bring up a old topic but I had too. People cannot refuse service to people violating religious rights, ie bakery but all these lefties can withhold services.

If he was saying that religious people weren't allowed in the theaters then they'd be comparable.

It is the same, he's denying service to a group based on beliefs. How is that different?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-15 23:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
"What's to stop Democrats who are in charge of the Senate when a Republican is in office, from saying, 'Well, we're just going to wait the four years to fill the vacancy.' There is no material difference in that argument. That would represent a breakdown of the process," Earnest said.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You can try, its gonna be hard for you tho. One case is actually happening, the other is hypothetical. Start with how is it right for the Supreme Court to go over a year with 8 justices.

Did I or Mr. WHmouthpieace say anything like that.. Nope.. Nice try!

He is trying to say that a non democrat held senate and WH is going to block a nominee for 4 yrs and it would be the same thing that is happening now! /roflcopter

They must be adding extra to the cool-aid at the briefings!

Really, I lied. I'm not going to explain it to you. If you can't figure it out, no hope exists for you. GL!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-04-15 23:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the same, he's denying service to a group based on beliefs. How is that different?

Don't worry, Pleebo will find a way to make it okay in his mind. Doesn't matter that it the exact same thing!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-15 23:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that you're a adamant defender of Obamacare and want Bernie to hand out free college... That post is out of character.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-15 23:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

At best it is contradictory.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-15 23:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one answer a contradictory question?

You obliviously believe in giving everything to everyone as long as the rich and middle class are the ones paying for it.. Talk about removing incentive for the middle class. Bernie Sanders and Obamacare are paving the way!
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-15 23:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected, altima was incapable of answering, because there is no comparison to an actual event that is occurring right now and a hypothetical situation. Not surprising at all.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-15 23:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected Vic retorts with his usual nananabobo /footstomp

slowclap.jpeg

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 00:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
The ACA doesn't remove incentive at all.

Wow.. Really? Are you serious right now? Do you live in the USA?
I cannot even count the number of people I know that do not work anymore because of Obamacare. (It might have something to do with the fact i cannot count past 5) "we all know that insult was coming"..

Not only does the ACA penalize you for not having insurance it makes you pay more in monthly fees and deductibles than most people would never even think of using in the first place!

Not even counting the people that JUST work for Health insurance and babysitting while their significant other scrapes together a rent payment working 36hours a week since the ACA killed full time work!

I guess if your single with no kids the ACA probably isn't that bad.. Good for you? /sigh
By Altimaomega 2016-04-16 00:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
As expected Vic retorts with his usual nananabobo /footstomp

slowclap.jpeg

If you weren't the oxygen to the fires then maybe I'd feel bad

I'm your oxygen! I knew you needed me to live! Such a nice thing to say.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-16 01:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He's protesting the state government. This really isn't hard.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-16 01:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

He's protesting the state government. This really isn't hard.

Yeah, and he's doing a great job. Obviously the people in the government who passed the laws are highly interested in Michael Moore movies. He sure showed them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-16 01:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it is that hard.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-16 01:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I can't think of a more effective way of protesting fringe conservative laws than by voluntarily removing my own liberal propaganda from the area.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-04-16 01:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a PR spectacle obviously. Still not discrimination.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-04-16 01:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a PR spectacle obviously. Still not discrimination.

That wasn't my argument. My argument is that it's stupid and counter-productive.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-16 06:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming the "powers that be" are "politicians".

There are powers that be which are behind politicians as well and there powers that be behind them and so on.... multiple layers of occult (hidden) power. People who pull the strings which many people do not know about.
By Jetackuu 2016-04-16 06:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think Michael Moore was drinking some of his hometown's river's water. It would explain a lot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-04-16 08:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
fringe conservative laws

That's really the issue, things that are on the fringe being brought to the center.

The law has a loop hole that can be quite profitable and serviceable for someone savvy enough to take advantage of it. It's pretty simple too, officially change the documented biological sex on a birth certificate.

I can see it now:

The North Carolina Biological Sex Documentation Center, where you can have your documented biological sex officially changed for a service fee to fund the implementation of contra-services that arise due to the enactment of fringe laws.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-04-16 09:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
fringe conservative laws

That's really the issue, things that are on the fringe being brought to the center.

The law has a loop hole that can be quite profitable and serviceable for someone savvy enough to take advantage of it. It's pretty simple too, officially change the documented biological sex on a birth certificate.

I can see it now:

The North Carolina Biological Sex Documentation Center, where you can have your documented biological sex officially changed for a service fee to fund the implementation of contra-services that arise due to the enactment of fringe laws.
From what I was led to believe, if you undergo gender reassignment, and I mean going in and having your gender legally changed, you are reissued a birth certificate that reflects this.

I've heard transpeople who have gone through all of this (surgery too) say that everything was changed over, their birth certificate was altered and reissued, and the only way to tell that they were born a different gender than they are is to look at their DNA.

Also, while I haven't followed anything in P&R very closely that relates to where people use the bathroom, it seems like most of the BS is along the lines of "but what if a girl with a winkie is in the women's restroom?!" See, Trans women aren't that complicated from a surgical standpoint, but it's very expensive and it's surgery and it comes with pros and cons. Transmen, female body made male, is much more complicated. Their options are very limited and non-functional, in many cases it's aesthetic.

The entire "bathroom rule" issue is absurd, it brings to mind the idea of bathroom police who will inspect you before allowing you use of the facilities.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-16 09:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine a creepy guy with a Cruz-like face outside the bathrooms whose only job is to cop a feel of everyone going in

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 38 39 40