Server Merge Ideas
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-03-31 17:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Both models work and could be efficient. Psychologically, some people posting in this thread opposing server merge I sense are just more "server-merge-phobic" that would cause them a difficult time to get acquainted with servers like Asura if they were to merge. I feel they would be suicidal if server merge would occur.

This is very interesting... The real true question becomes: Can you mentally handle a server merge?

Some can and gladly welcome it, some can't. Hence why we have populated cities IRL being more favorable vs smaller towns.

The struggle between this concept is what contributes to this topics intense rise/tension.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-03-31 19:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Dont waste your time and move on.

I wish I knew how to quit you....
[+]
By Yzzerdd 2016-03-31 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

1. SE starts server merge
2. They give you the option to be on a large server, or small server
3. Everyone's happy
4. the end
By Davorin 2016-03-31 19:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Both models work and could be efficient. Psychologically, some people posting in this thread opposing server merge I sense are just more "server-merge-phobic" that would cause them a difficult time to get acquainted with servers like Asura if they were to merge. I feel they would be suicidal if server merge would occur.

This is very interesting... The real true question becomes: Can you mentally handle a server merge?

Some can and gladly welcome it, some can't. Hence why we have populated cities IRL being more favorable vs smaller towns.

The struggle between this concept is what contributes to this topics intense rise/tension.

Why is this post so heavy? It's really not that big of a deal.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-03-31 19:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should merge the servers with those pancakes that have maple syrup in them already and root beer.
[+]
By Yzzerdd 2016-03-31 20:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

waffles are better
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-03-31 20:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

french toast is king
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2016-03-31 21:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The only cool thing to come out of server merges are the potential mash-up names. :p

The previous round gave us OK-sounding ones like 'Fenricorn' and 'Diabolosiren', but 'Ramuhmut' and 'Bismarkirin' were just brilliant. And 'Sylfairy' sounded like an OP Generation 8 pokémon. :p

A second-round merge could produce something cool like 'Shiviathen' or 'Quetzalcodin' or 'Cerbuncle'. :p But then again, we could just end up with "Phoenikshmi'... 6_6;;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-03-31 21:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
The only cool thing to come out of server merges are the potential mash-up names. :p

The previous round gave us OK-sounding ones like 'Fenricorn' and 'Diabolosiren', but 'Ramuhmut' and 'Bismarkirin' were just brilliant. And 'Sylfairy' sounded like an OP Generation 8 pokémon. :p

A second-round merge could produce something cool like 'Shiviathen' or 'Quetzalcodin' or 'Cerbuncle'. :p But then again, we could just end up with "Phoenikshmi'... 6_6;;

Shivacoatl ftw
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-03-31 23:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
Asura.Syto said: »

Why is this post so heavy? It's really not that big of a deal.

You're right, who gives a ***? Lol. Just look at the posts before my post as well as the thread starter... Who gives a ***? Right?? Lmao..... I'm happy either way..
By Masterbuyer 2016-03-31 23:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50219-Are-we-getting-a-damn-server-merge-soon

Ideas to Server Merge.

First Suggestion.

FFXI have 16 servers, doing x4 servers Merge ratio could be enough to restore the population of 2007 Servers. Keeping 4 servers running instead of 16 will reduce costs for square enix, this in my opinion will fix the population problems.

A) Making Dynamis instanced area. Solo, your party, Your ally you can't see other players outside of your Group.

B) Making Two Channels per area, to avoid congestion issues people farming, Lving, etc.

Second Suggestion

This is more aggresive.

A) Creating a NA/EUR Single Meta Server, With 4 Channels per area and Dynamis instanced.

B) Creating a JP Single Meta Server. You will need change your Name Kanji, you will need complete a survey in Kanji and NA/EUR will have Block IP to this server, if you want to play you will need VPN and friend do the survey, with Kanji captcha included for you.

This aggresive methods its to make the NA/EUR play on their server. The idea of this is keep this Meta server with 4000 People online all time and 6000 during NA/EUR Peak time 7 pm - 12 am.

Chanels wil work in all areas with exception of Bastok, Sandy, Windy, Jeuno, White Gate and Minor Towns.

General Suggestions

FFXIV/FFXI. Shared Subs.

Standard 18 Dolars Both games with 2 character Limit Creation.
Premium 20 Dolars both games with 8 character Limit.

Starting with an Aggresive Login Campaing

Friday 12 am to Sunday 12 am. Login Campaing Every Weekend the first 8 weekend.

why you posting it here tho Server Merge
http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1

post your idea on the official website where the mod can see it tho.
Those that want the idea will be subscribers to ffxi.
You got my vote :P

I have to agrree with this guy sorry to say Jin_Uzuki

Quote:
Shadowlina: The Smaller servers, like ours. Is Community Driven. Not Yell driven like Asura, where you can yell and get a full party in minutes and go.

Jin_Uzuki: Yes, I'm sure Asura is full of jerks and there isn't a community

/s
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-04-01 00:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

The Lowest population servers are still managing to clear content simply because lower population servers, it's very much a case of, everyone knows everyone. When i mean everyone i mean everyone.
This x100%

I absolutely love Asura though, not everyone are jerks! But yeah, coming from a small server myself, I can totally vouch for that good side.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-04-01 01:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/database

Should merge the 8 lowest "Active"-ity servers and offer one free server transfer per account. My server (Lakshmi) could easily handle twice as many players without competition issues, serious BCNM congestion issues, etc. People would still flee merged servers despite them having more "Active"-ity because other servers (like Asura) have a reputation for being NA friendly.

You leave Leviathan alone! Finding suitable ???s in Reisenjima is already bad enough during JP prime. Honestly, I'm concerned over how bad it'll be getting into Ambuscade next week.

But really, this whole time I had no idea Leviathan was the lowest population. I always assumed it was a medium population server. Frankly, that says a bit about just how "necessary" merges are.

Give everyone a free transfer and let them run off to Odin, Asura, or Bahamut if they want. That way it's a personal choice for the player who isn't happy with their current server. Don't force other players who are currently happy to move with you (via merging), making them unhappy for your sake.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2016-04-01 02:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jumping to Asura server its not a option for lots of us. We have friends in those smalls servers and at this point the only motivation to keep playing is our friends, so the merging its necessary.

So you have many friends on your server and they're your only motivation to keep playing...then why the hell do you feel the need to have servers merged if you'll never do anything with anyone else?
 Cerberus.Diavolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-04-01 02:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
You leave Leviathan alone! Finding suitable ???s in Reisenjima is already bad enough during JP prime. Honestly, I'm concerned over how bad it'll be getting into Ambuscade next week.

Is it really that bad? People on Asura tell me different stories and they're right up there with Odin in pop numbers. One person will tell me XP camps are crowded and another will say XP camps/??? NM pops aren't overcamped at all. Just a matter of perspective, I guess.

Quote:
But really, this whole time I had no idea Leviathan was the lowest population. I always assumed it was a medium population server. Frankly, that says a bit about just how "necessary" merges are.

When did you start playing the game, out of curiosity?

Merges aren't a necessity the same way relic/mythic/ergon/aeonics aren't a necessity, but they do make life better. I mean, let's get real here, if your server shrank down to a dozen players tomorrow, but you were able to defeat all the game's content just the same, would you need a server merge? No, you guys/gals have the world in your hands. Would you want one, though?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-04-01 09:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-04-01 11:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave Ragnarok out of it is all can say. Merger with Cait Sith was a good thing and now we have a pretty decent population at most times of the day.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-04-01 15:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Leave Ragnarok out of it is all can say. Merger with Cait Sith was a good thing and now we have a pretty decent population at most times of the day.

Slightly off topic, but I do wonder how the remaining player base would react if the game's clock was wound back about a decade with end game gear still coming from timed HNMs, Dynamis at a million gil a pop, relic weapons still fairly rare, chocobos a vital mode of transportation, people absolutely everywhere and not a single trust NPC in sight.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-04-01 17:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »

Is it really that bad? People on Asura tell me different stories and they're right up there with Odin in pop numbers. One person will tell me XP camps are crowded and another will say XP camps/??? NM pops aren't overcamped at all. Just a matter of perspective, I guess.

I currently have a character on Odin, yesterday around 2pm there was 400 people online while asura was at 800.

As for the crowded exp spots on Asura, when there is CP campaign on, it can be quite hard to find a spot and sometimes escha-ru'au/Reisenjima pop spots are crowded but that usually only happens during peak EST times.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-01 18:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf checked Asura and Odin yesterday and Asura had about 100 more people on than Odin.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-04-01 18:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diavolo said: »

Slightly off topic, but I do wonder how the remaining player base would react if the game's clock was wound back about a decade with end game gear still coming from timed HNMs, Dynamis at a million gil a pop, relic weapons still fairly rare, chocobos a vital mode of transportation, people absolutely everywhere and not a single trust NPC in sight.

There'd be a lot of people around, but how many of them would be having fun with the game as opposed to the social aspects like ls chat and the like?

Its easy to forget how much time could get eaten up LFP because you were levelling the "wrong" job, how frustrating and pointless the daily waits in Aerie and the like were because claiming was virtually impossible without bots, the rage when your LS leader decided to "quit" with the dyna currency bank you'd played a part in building for the past year, only to reappear a couple of weeks later in a higher ranking ls.

More people isn't a solution, so much as another set of issues to deal with.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-04-01 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin and Asura are pretty similar.
8pm EST asura is at 1000 and odin is at 750.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2016-04-02 00:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There'd be a lot of people around, but how many of them would be having fun with the game as opposed to the social aspects like ls chat and the like?

People had fun back then just as people have fun now, but I wasn't trying to imply anything, to be perfectly honest, just curiosity getting the better of me. The game has changed a lot over time, to the point where even if given the opportunity I believe many of the players that have long quit wouldn't want to play again. Reverse the situation and I'm sure there are those playing today who would avoid the game as it was a decade ago as well, most likely because it was completely unforgiving by comparison.

Quote:
More people isn't a solution, so much as another set of issues to deal with.

Whether server merges happen or not, you are dealing with those social issues whether you like it or not as the game is (at least for now) still driven by its community. A larger population simply means there's both a larger number of helpful people as well as a larger number of ill-mannered derelictions of genetics, to put it nicely.

As someone on the official forums succinctly pointed out, when a new or returning player logs in and sees 250 "people" online (we'll be nice and say every account is an individual player) he/she isn't going to be thinking "Oh wow, look at all these people!" They'll see the population is low and likely won't hang around very long. It's why so many people have migrated to Asura over the last year or so, that world is alive whereas the ones they're moving from have started to look like ghost towns.

Asura.Krystela said: »
I currently have a character on Odin, yesterday around 2pm there was 400 people online while asura was at 800.

As for the crowded exp spots on Asura, when there is CP campaign on, it can be quite hard to find a spot and sometimes escha-ru'au/Reisenjima pop spots are crowded but that usually only happens during peak EST times.

I would love to see that kind of activity, though those campaigns, CP and otherwise, make me want to strangle tarutarus. It's come to the point where people don't want to do anything anymore unless there's a campaign going on.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-04-02 02:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Besides, we have you ^_~
I like you too spicy :3 but I like carrot MOAR.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-04-02 02:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »
Besides, we have you ^_~
I like you too spicy :3 but I like carrot MOAR.

Yeah, well she posted notes all over the walls of my house about things people have said on this site..

Like "REAM BRD MULE!" thumb tacked to my wall...
Are they nice things at least?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]