Forum » FFXI » General » Imperial Agent Rescue
Imperial Agent Rescue
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-08 09:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone any tips for this assault? It's been driving my static nuts so far!
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Agent_Rescue

Tried it 5 or 6 times now, last time we managed to get one door broken down, but no luck =/. We go with a PLD tank, heard shadows can mess it up, who goes first person and walks into the wall then vokes a mamool. They tried standing still, some people said move when it uses a tp move to try and dodge it so it hits the wall, but nothing seems to work.
Trying to work through everything and getting sick of wasting tags on this, just seems like there must be something to it we're msising. . If anyone has any advice please let me know :)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-08 09:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh, do it once for the win then do something else.

Been a long time since I've done this one, but I think basically all you can do is stand with your back to the gate and feed it as much tp as possible without killing it. Also try not to attack it from behind or it's weapon side, as it's more likely to break the weapon, giving you one less chance to break the door. I think a missed weapon toss will break the door instantly, but otherwise three firespits should do it (and don't have to miss).

It is a pretty damn frustrating assault, but there's a lot of luck involved, so just keep at it if you're going for captain. If you're not going for captain, then move on to something else.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-08 10:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we're working up to captain which is why we dont want to skip it, guess we just keep throwing tags at it till we get lucky =/ might try 2 PLD next run and do 2 doors at a time and spam dia to feed tp.
 Garuda.Mineyl
Server: Garuda
user: Mineyl
By Garuda.Mineyl 2009-09-08 10:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

"Back to the door" is pretty much an understatement. You really need to be riding that thing with your hindquarters like a long lost passion rekindled if you want them to pop open, and even then, it doesn't always seem to work.

Trust me, though; it IS possible. My own static tried 3-5 times before we were able to start getting it open with any sort of consistency.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-08 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, try a thf or nin tank, but don't use shadows, go full evasion set-up and you might have a better chance of it missing and hitting the door instead. Thf tank will probably have issues keeping hate, especially if they're getting hit enough to need a cure bomb, but nin/drk or nin/dnc might work.

When I said it's been a long time since I've done this one, I mean it was before I even hit level 75, so hard to give too much in the way of accurate advice, but pretty sure we used a nin tank.

Good luck :/
 Ragnarok.Zakules
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zakules
By Ragnarok.Zakules 2009-09-08 14:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This assault sucked big time for my set... I remember wasting some tags also until we got it just right. We went NIN X 2 Healer x 2 and divided into 2 (so we covered more ground). Btw, Nins were /DNC to help keep themselves alive while healers feed the mob with Dia/melee ocassionaly when mp permited. Nins hugged their booties on the wall while "praying" for the blasted Mamools to break the thing. Not too much to tell on this assault... As a previous poster said, it involves a huge luck factor to get this assault done. GL getting the clear, I'm attempting for captain as well and know how frustrating these assaults can be. If you need any other help with another assault just post or send a PM and I'll try to assist you in any way I can (strategy-wise anyway).
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-09-08 15:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

NINs will work a whole lot better than PLDs. Make sure they stack evasion also.

In the grand scheme of things, that assault's not so bad. The worst one imo is Supplies Recovery, those *** BLUs cheat.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-09 02:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tips guys, we'll be trying it again tomorrow night. Didn't realise evasion would help it miss, I just assumed it was more to do with your positioning.

We only have 1 player with nin in the static, but i'll bring my lolthf too(if i can get 75 back in time. somehow managed to get 8k tnl despite a full buffer at one point >.>) and try 2 doors at a time then

Just looked up supplies recovery, looking forward to that one >< lol. Loving assaults so far though, it's a really nice change from the norm of xi, nice variety. :)
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-09 05:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lebros supplies FTL :<
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-09 05:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lebros supplies FTL :<
 Fenrir.Dinendale
Server: Fenrir
user: dinendale
By Fenrir.Dinendale 2009-09-09 05:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need the thf to keep hate and not have shadows then try /dnc and have a brd do mambo as well.
supplies one is not to bad just need to have a nin at night with af boots on kite all the crawlers