Post Your Dark Matter Augments Here!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Post Your Dark Matter Augments Here!
Post Your Dark Matter Augments Here!
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-25 12:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Would they win for rudras?

Maybe, but also barely. They have 11 less DEX and 7 less STR than Meg +2, but 3% more WSD. 3%WSD would probably very slightly win, but then you also lose like 40 attack and 30 accuracy. (That's also only for THF, DNC has AF+3 which have same WSD, but higher STR, DEX, att, acc)

11 dex, 7 str, and 40 attack is easily worth more than 3% wsd on a thief. They're probably better than meghanada +2 in attack capped situations though, but only by a tiny amount like simon said. I'd probably err on the side of meghanada +2.

Herculean boots is the piece you want to focus on if you want to try and get a rudra's storm upgrade for thief with this campaign. Path D Lustratio +1 is currently the standard BiS because we lack any alternatives with high wsd or crit damage, so a 10% wsd on herc boots would be worth using. Meghanada gloves +2, artifact hat +3, and relic legs +3 can all give the strongest DM herc augs a run for the money, but if you do manage to get wsd +10 on the feet you could try and get the body augment second. Meghanada cuirie +2 and Relic vest +3 are still comparable when you stack rudra's with sneak or or trick attack, but since those two both have crit damage a wsd +10% aug would easily trump both of them if you use rudra's without one of the crit abilities.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-25 13:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
FIRST EVER phalanx + more than 2

On. The. Wrong. Account. Much disappoint.
if it makes you feel better, head is a ***slot for it anyway since run already has 7 on their relic
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-25 13:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh it's not just for RUN, it's good for any time phalanx gets cast

Just don't care about it on most of the characters
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-25 13:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Would they win for rudras?

Maybe, but also barely. They have 11 less DEX and 7 less STR than Meg +2, but 3% more WSD. 3%WSD would probably very slightly win, but then you also lose like 40 attack and 30 accuracy. (That's also only for THF, DNC has AF+3 which have same WSD, but higher STR, DEX, att, acc)

11 dex, 7 str, and 40 attack is easily worth more than 3% wsd on a thief. They're probably better than meghanada +2 in attack capped situations though, but only by a tiny amount like simon said. I'd probably err on the side of meghanada +2.

Herculean boots is the piece you want to focus on if you want to try and get a rudra's storm upgrade for thief with this campaign. Path D Lustratio +1 is currently the standard BiS because we lack any alternatives with high wsd or crit damage, so a 10% wsd on herc boots would be worth using. Meghanada gloves +2, artifact hat +3, and relic legs +3 can all give the strongest DM herc augs a run for the money, but if you do manage to get wsd +10 on the feet you could try and get the body augment second. Meghanada cuirie +2 and Relic vest +3 are still comparable when you stack rudra's with sneak or or trick attack, but since those two both have crit damage a wsd +10% aug would easily trump both of them if you use rudra's without one of the crit abilities.
This be good for Rudras?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-25 14:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This be good for Rudras?

Yes, that's just the type of aug you're looking for. Totally worth using.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-25 17:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I didn't get a rudra's storm augment here, but these are some fantastic Aeolian Edge/ Leaden/ trueflight etc boots.

[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-25 18:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden probably not so much with lanun+3 but looks like it is about a match to a perfect fern aug of 35mab/5wsd
By SimonSes 2019-11-25 18:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was listing my old augments I forgot this one

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-11-25 23:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The day before yesterday gave me these and I got a bunch of +phalanx augs since the last time I posted in general.

The top feet aren't THAT special but they are technically impossible without DM augs since str+12 is taupe and 5% crit requires fern off the top of my head.
I'm not sure on how good the wsd9% is for thf but the other jobs on it will benefit if my other wsd feet aren't better.

Unsure on the QA gear but i think it's reasonably safe for at least one job on them.

I'm a little unsure about what gear to aug next since I keep on running out of spare stuff to toss at Oseem which won't be outdone by me finally obtaining some +3 relic gear.
I'm considering just dumping merlinic at it next in the off chance of BP 15 augs or some refresh gear (merlinic chironic) that i've been slacking on.
By Felgarr 2019-11-25 23:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
The day before yesterday gave me these and I got a bunch of +phalanx augs since the last time I posted in general.

i'm a little unsure about what gear to aug next since I keep on running out of spare stuff to toss at Oseem which won't be outdone by me finally obtaining some +3 relic gear.
I'm considering just dumping merlinic at it next in the off chance of BP 15 augs or some refresh gear (merlinic chironic) that i've been slacking on.

Seriously? BP+15? Blood Pact Damage +15 can happen from DM augments? .....
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-11-25 23:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I had it happen to my Odyssean chest piece about 1 or 2 years ago. It exists.
By Draylo 2019-11-25 23:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never seen over +10 and I been doing it since the beginning.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-11-25 23:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We've known how DM augs work for a long time. Even if you didn't personally see it like me you should have already realized that if DM augs increase the cap by 50% and the normal cap is 10% that there would be DM 15% BP augs.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-26 01:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i dont think DM simply increase a cap. Imo it adds an “6th” (or even a “7th” as i just saw a herc piece with da, qa and stp) slot to normal 5 slots in a piece. WSD+10, for example, imo, means you rolled WSD +5 on normal slots plus 5 from DM augs, explaining why WSD6+ is so incredible rare as you need to reroll 2 of the same stat in a wide range of possibilities.
By SimonSes 2019-11-26 04:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Personally i dont think DM simply increase a cap. Imo it adds an “6th” (or even a “7th” as i just saw a herc piece with da, qa and stp) slot to normal 5 slots in a piece. WSD+10, for example, imo, means you rolled WSD +5 on normal slots plus 5 from DM augs, explaining why WSD6+ is so incredible rare as you need to reroll 2 of the same stat in a wide range of possibilities.

Yeah I also think it adds at least 2 additional rolls that can roll anything, but that's not the entire story, because for example cap for DM mab augment seems to be 50, while regular cap is between 30 and 40 (depends which set) I think? So if you could simply roll mab as 6th or 7th roll you could get 50+ mab and that's not the case, so there is more to it than simple 6th and 7th roll.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-26 05:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What about this model for DM augments:
1st slot: att/acc/att&acc
2nd slot: wsd, ta, stp, etc
3rd slot: stat
4th slot: extra att
5th slot: extra acc
(DM) 6th slot: att/acc/wsd/stp/ta/stats/anything from "normal" slots EDIT: anything from 2nd, 4th and 5th slot as i never saw a combined mab&macc or att&acc surpassing both 20 at same time
(DM) 7th slot: very odd and unique slot: th, refresh, phalanx,qa
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-26 05:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't be like that imho.
We know how the Fern/Pellucid/Taupe model works more or less, but the DM one I think it's something entirely different.

For instance I'm pretty confident I've seen Refresh and TH on the same Reisen piece, think I still have one home, it's Refresh+2 and TH+1 iir, plus some other random ***.

I've seen a piece with QA, TA and STP, plus Acc/Att, Acc/Macc and Pet: ***, all together in the same Herculean feet.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-26 05:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what exactly is in the pool?
I've heard things like indi duration and enhancing duration are not on the list.
can anyone confirm by trying to aug. a Gada 100 times?
By Pantafernando 2019-11-26 05:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh plus th i never saw either in my pieces or in screenshots.

The second example can be seem like:

Att&acc 1th slot
Ta 2th slot
Pet stat(?) 3rd slot
Mab or att 4th slot
Mac or acc 5th slot
Stp 6th slot
Qa 7th slot
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-26 05:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't it be something like you have a certain number of maximum slots (7?) and that each slot has a chance to appear or to not appear.
If it appears it can be any from a long list of possible stats, but making so that a stat that has already rolled on that piece, can't roll again.
Higher caps than the "regular" augmenting caps.
Same table for all pieces (at least armor, not sure weapons) instead of specific table of possible augments, like with the "regular" system, where each armor has different possible stats (three tables for each armor set actually. Melee, Magic, Familiar)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-11-26 09:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's potential for 4 different stats as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2019-11-26 20:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2019-11-26 21:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would to love to know who some of you sold your soul's too to get these augments. About the best I ever get is the like once a campaign TH+1 or Refresh +1. I've NEVER seen WSD mods this high ever. ;.;
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-26 23:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Now good catch with NIN. Those are by far bis for Blade: Ten and even more for hybrid WSs on NIN.

"By far" is perhaps somewhat of an exaggeration, but yes, WSD+10% will beat a great non-DM stat+10/WSD+5% augment for Ten, Metsu, or Hi. Were talking like a difference of, ballpark, ~100ish more damage per WS if you assume buffs that would give you a baseline ~17~20k WS with a stat+10/WSD+5% piece.

It's pretty cool that the WSD+10% piece means one piece works for ALL of those WS though (since Ten, Metsu, Hi all prefer different attributes).

And yeah, adding MAB to the mix makes them monstrous for hybrid WS.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2019-11-27 01:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Can't be like that imho.
We know how the Fern/Pellucid/Taupe model works more or less, but the DM one I think it's something entirely different.

For instance I'm pretty confident I've seen Refresh and TH on the same Reisen piece, think I still have one home, it's Refresh+2 and TH+1 iir, plus some other random ***.

I've seen a piece with QA, TA and STP, plus Acc/Att, Acc/Macc and Pet: ***, all together in the same Herculean feet.

I think you can get two unique stats on one piece, for example, I have Phalanx +4 / Avatar Perp -4 on herc boots, which doesn't get avatar perp as a normal stat afaik.
By SimonSes 2019-11-27 06:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at this 4 different stats, acc,att and WS accuracy

By hobo 2019-11-30 22:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess wildfire looks nice
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-11-30 22:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

TF all the way
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-30 23:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Valorous set get refresh+2 augments?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 47 48 49