Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Escha Brew
Escha Brew
By Titanfoo 2016-03-19 08:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone used a brew in Escha? If so does it it last 3min? can you down 2+ mobs? Are ele WS's still the way to go?

If anyone has video or info on Escha brew would be cool to know/see!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-03-19 10:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people wont bother with a brew, simply because on the NMs for clears, the Brew kills will not count towards final NM clearance for an Aeonic weapon.
That being said.

Escha brew functions the same as WoE/Abyssea. there is nothing per say to see.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-03-19 10:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Most people wont bother with a brew, simply because on the NMs for clears, the Brew kills will not count towards final NM clearance for an Aeonic weapon.
That being said.

Escha brew functions the same as WoE/Abyssea. there is nothing per say to see.
Per say. Love when people do this.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-03-19 11:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone actually has used one, please post experience.
By fillerbunny9 2016-03-19 12:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen a few people use them, they're pretty underwhelming considering the massive numbers inflation on NMs in Escha. one Brew will not even let you take down Kirin, and on much of anything less I cannot see the point. if you have the silt to buy one of the things, you probably can kill anything you would actually be using it on anyways.
By Titanfoo 2016-03-19 13:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
I have seen a few people use them, they're pretty underwhelming considering the massive numbers inflation on NMs in Escha. one Brew will not even let you take down Kirin, and on much of anything less I cannot see the point. if you have the silt to buy one of the things, you probably can kill anything you would actually be using it on anyways.

I would have thought 3 min's of 9999's Kirin would be dead, how many people were in the party? and what job/WS was used?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-19 13:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »

I would have thought 3 min's of 9999's Kirin would be dead, how many people were in the party? and what job/WS was used?

You aren't doing 99999 damage, but Aeolian Edge is the ideal WS since Kirin is weak to wind. WAR's fencer bonus is pretty nice, but anything dual wielding maxed out Malevolence can do well. Bringing a Geo to Malaise and acumen is also wise. Throw in a SMN or White Mage to help with Absolute Terror in his second stage and you can pull out a low man win on Kirin. But since it doesn't count for Aeonic clears, it's not really worthwhile unless you just have a metric shitton of silt sitting around and nothing else to use it on. Which a lot of us have, actually.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-03-19 15:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What else are you gonna do with all that silt? I'd gladly have turned it into gil were that an option.

Brewed a WoC not long ago as BLU/SCH spamming Sanguine Blade. Had Idris Bolster Malaise+Vex, a RUN for Gambit/Rayke, and a BRD to mooch. Took about two minutes and Sanguine never hit 99999, usually hovered around 40-60k and as low as 30k with bracelets. Threw out a max damage BA Tenebral Crush when the wyverns popped. Didn't see Mijin/Bene/SV.

Got three Alber Straps for karma reasons. You don't get Aeonic credit as people have said, but you do get vorseals. I feel it's best used for letting random LS folks get some prizes without worrying about HP scaling or bad luck ruining anything.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-03-19 16:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you guys brew kirin?