First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-06 22:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
isn't there some kinda common law marriage thing that would apply to them since they were together for so long anyways?

It's not as simple as just living with someone for a period of time. You have to basically go through all the formalities of being married without having an actual ceremony and a license.(Using same last name, filing joint taxes, public declarations ect.) The requirements to be considered a common law marriage by state. Only 15 states recognize this, not including Washington DC, and a lot of those states have placed a date restriction on it. (As in, if you're "common law marriage" existed before a certain date.) If you split up, you have to go through a formal divorce.
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-09-06 22:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Celene said:
Sidi said:
Cele and I got civil unioned last weekend ^^

I fixed it for you. :D <3

I wish! lol What about me though? ;;

I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE!

*waves a rainbow flag?*
 Asura.Sidi
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-09-06 22:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Sidi said:

Hehe XD

But what about poor Mattbear? What'll we do with him? XD
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 22:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Rumaha said:
Celene said:
Sidi said:

I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE!

*waves a rainbow flag?*

But I wanted to marry Sidiiiiiiiiii She likes mah goomba :D Now im all alone over here *sad elvaan face*
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-09-06 22:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

He can feed us berries and wave a giant leaf while we sit on our golden thrones. :3
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-06 22:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

you know....if we put the topic as the great debate # "insert topic here" i think more people would participate in said debate.

maybe less /derailing berries and such too >.>
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-09-06 22:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
He can feed us berries and wave a giant leaf while we sit on our golden thrones. :3

Sweet! Someone to take care of the cat *** :D

Will he work for us too? :D
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 22:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:

Epic description ma'am.
 Asura.Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-09-06 22:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes! Pick up much cat ***he shall!

Okay, done derailing... *zooms off*
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-09-06 22:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Celene said:
Rumaha said:
Celene said:
Sidi said:

I SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE!

*waves a rainbow flag?*

But I wanted to marry Sidiiiiiiiiii She likes mah goomba :D Now im all alone over here *sad elvaan face*

*steals Goombah*

Like hell I'm getting married! Psssh!

*runs for it*
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-06 22:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
you know....if we put the topic as the great debate # "insert topic here" i think more people would participate in said debate.

You really want the "RIGHT WING CHRISTIANS" coming in and flaming the place? =P
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-09-06 22:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Celene said:
Yes! Pick up much cat ***he shall!

Okay, done derailing... *zooms off*

NO! Get back on the derail train! ; ; I MISSES YOU!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 22:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
I like it mainly for the idea if there's someone you really care about and you die before you had gotten the chance to write out a will, that they would be in charge because you trust them enough to ect.

See this is kinda what I mean. Marraige is often more view as a means to make things easier. Weather it be wills or tax write offs or a way to milk someone for all there worth after the divorce. Think we should really take all the fuss out of the marraige and just make it a simple vowing to be together. Pretty sure there'd be less opposition against gay marriage then. Hell couldn't really stop it lol.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 22:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

*Dive tackles Sidi*

Ludoggy said:
Littledarc said:

As I said, I will fill this spot if you really wish >.>;;
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-06 22:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Littledarc said:

at least there would be SOME debate. seriously...almost everyone agreeing is boring and makes for dull debating.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-06 22:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Vegetto said:
I like it mainly for the idea if there's someone you really care about and you die before you had gotten the chance to write out a will, that they would be in charge because you trust them enough to ect.

See this is kinda what I mean. Marraige is often more view as a means to make things easier. Weather it be wills or tax write offs or a way to milk someone for all there worth after the divorce. Think we should really take all the fuss out of the marraige and just make it a simple vowing to be together. Pretty sure there'd be less opposition against gay marriage then. Hell couldn't really stop it lol.

Well this is a valid point and against marriage in general instead of specifically gay marriage. What I don't get it those who want to allow one but not the other.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-06 22:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"Because the Bible says so" is also a pretty dull argument, though.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-06 22:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:

at least there would be SOME debate. seriously...almost everyone agreeing is boring and makes for dull debating.

Hold up, I'll give my friend ann coulter a call...I'm sure she can help me flame you all.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 22:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Dasva said:
Vegetto said:

Well this is a valid point and against marriage in general instead of specifically gay marriage. What I don't get it those who want to allow one but not the other.

By that same token why not allow marrying younger or multiple though?
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-09-06 22:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
Ludoggy said:
Littledarc said:

Because this is on a game forum, where 95% of us are between the ages of 15 and 30, where we have been more exposed to gay people than our elders, and are more open about it, and generally more 'liberal' (god I hate that word.)... rather large amount of ppl supporting it here on the forum in general (not that there aren't those who wont, just definitely will be more biased towards support here)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 22:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:

Ok take this. Conceptually the idea of marriage is the idea of something long term and forming a family. Gay people cannot reproduce and until they can no tax write offs!!! Btw not sarcastic
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-06 22:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Littledarc said:

Ok take this. Conceptually the idea of marriage is the idea of something long term and forming a family. Gay people cannot reproduce and until they can no tax write offs!!!

Adoption, fostering, IVF, and surrogates have made it possible for even gay people to have children.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-06 22:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh snap! I am back on just in time for the next debate... Aww... gay marriage?! Was hoping it would be something thing more controversial... well compared to school uniforms it is. Hmmm.

Well I've read up to this post thus far, so I think I'm up to date.
Ludoggy said:
Littledarc said:
who are you to say the majority doesn't want it? we hasn't EVER voted as a whole country on whether or not we want it or don't want it.

A majority of states have had votes by the people.
Hell even the big Blue state of California said no twice!

This is the actual question here:
Karusan said:
Should same-sex marriages be allowed?

The majority of people so far think so, well except Ludoggy who doesn't think they should be unless the majority thinks it should be. Either that's contradictory or he's just going with the crowd. (but then how you can be against it, but go along with the crowd...) I don't know I'll try to let that one slide.

So the real question until now is who wouldn't be ok with gay marriages? Seems like for the most part everyone is ok with it.

Littledarc said:
this isn't juicy enough...nobody is taking the other side. WHERE ARE THE RIGHT WING CHRISTIANS WHEN YOU NEED THEM!?!?!

Yeah those people!

Idea!
Rumaha said:
I mean, I can sub in for them if you really want >.>;; Or I'll go get my dad :O lol

I'll do better. You can keep you bible and you faith. I'll fill in for the guy against gay marriage side from an Atheist point of view!

Gimmie some time to put my answer together. I'll use science, or maybe some Scientology, lol, nah just science, politics, and economics.

BBS.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-06 22:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
Dasva said:
Littledarc said:

Ok take this. Conceptually the idea of marriage is the idea of something long term and forming a family. Gay people cannot reproduce and until they can no tax write offs!!!

Adoption, fostering, IVF, and surrogates have made it possible for even gay people to have children.

bah got in before me >.< but this ^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 22:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
Dasva said:
Littledarc said:

Having children and Having children aren't the same thing and was my whole point. Granted were not exactly on the brink of extinction and need to keep population up but yeah
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-06 22:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:

So the real question until now is who wouldn't be ok with gay marriages? Seems like for the most part everyone is ok with it.

maybe thats why no one is posting.
no one likes a witch hunt...when you are the witch.
 Asura.Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-09-06 22:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Littledarc said:

Ok take this. Conceptually the idea of marriage is the idea of something long term and forming a family. Gay people cannot reproduce and until they can no tax write offs!!! Btw not sarcastic

But what about all those married couples that never had kids? Should loose their tax writeoff because they didn't have kids? Or those who were born/became sterile? Still can't have kids then...

Homosexual couples can still raise children, even if they can't have them together (but they can be part of the process with technology, with sperm donors, *forgottheterm* where a woman has a child for another couple, etc)
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-06 22:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue I have with same-sex marriage is that I belief marriage's purpose is the continuation of the human race through reproduction. Adoption and surrogate parents are options for homosexual and heterosexual couples, but reproduction is heterosexual only. So I'd rather call a homosexual couple's 'marriage' a partnership.

I am however a supporter of a homosexual partnership getting the same rights as a heterosexual couple should get. Homosexuals have the same emotions as heterosexuals and still can show their love in a physical or mental way.

I'm agnostic but I did grow up in a Christian family, the rest of my family is extremely opposed so I can see why homosexuals would feel deprived of their rights.

I view same-sex marriage as more of a moral than a religious issue. The 12 year old consent or polygamy issues are moral issues imo too. I think America's moral view on homosexuality is changing slowly, so it's more of being just a matter of time imo.

Caiyuo said:
with the most controversial in my eyes being "don't ask, don't tell" which I think is horribly shameful in our day and age.

I'm guessing you have little actual experience with this situation. It's a pretty good program, and really is more lenient towards homosexuality than forcing someone to say if they are and then kicking them out if so. It makes them keep their sexuality out of duty hours which is 100% professional, there shouldn't be any sexual situations in a professional setting anyways.

I've known several homosexuals and drag queens that you would have never guessed during work hours were like that. If you're making your homosexuality apparent during hours then you're being unprofessional and pushing sexual harassment most likely.

The only way to get rid of this policy would be to segregate (would require homosexuals being allowed in the military) men/women by their sexuality not just their sex. This means 4 different latrines, tents, showers, etc.. otherwise with an 'open' policy there would be a larger problem with same-sex sexual harassment/assault.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-06 22:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Chaosx said:

maybe thats why no one is posting.
no one likes a witch hunt...when you are the witch.

Idk I like playing devils advocate. Can be kinda fun sometimes. Make people actually think about why they believe something
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-06 22:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

so, are you saying that two men can't raise a family or two women can't raise a family?

why can 2 gay people not be a family?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10