Amazon Free Shipping Price Increase ; ;

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Amazon Free Shipping Price Increase ; ;
Amazon Free Shipping Price Increase ; ;

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-02-22 22:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

there are people who don't have prime?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-02-22 22:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

oh... hmmm... should get prime. it's pretty good.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-02-22 22:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
oh... hmmm... should get prime. it's pretty good.

Oh ***,
never thought of that.

really? they offer free trials.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-02-22 22:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What this essentially means for 50% of households who don't have a prime membership. Is that they are more likely to shop offline.
i doubt this

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-22 23:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have prime. No intention of getting it either. And i can definitely say that shipping charges can often be the deciding factor of whether or not i place an order (with all types of online businesses). So this is only going to mean less shopping there for me.

Tho as iv been trying to sell off a few things from my place as well, i can say that shipping charges are brutal. (tho im sure a company like amazon has much better rates) Many times the shipping charge is more then what my package is worth. Or at the very least makes its not worth ordering. I can make a package worth $15 and then they want another $15-20 to ship it. No ones going to place an order like that with me. And i dont blame them one bit, i wouldnt either. Shipping prices are outrageous for the common person.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-23 00:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that they are more likely to shop offline.

/world ends.
Oh noes. I have to go out into the world and give people other than Amazon/Company money.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
So this is only going to mean less shopping there for me.
Exactly, buying things from Internet Stores is/was for convenience.

If anybody cares. The way I have always figured fair shipping rates. If it would cost me that much to drive there and back or the rarity/deal of what I am buying.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
Server: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2016-02-23 00:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Prime is more than shipping, people... New video games (example: Zelda Twilight Princess HD) are 20% off for Prime members.. so if you buy say.. 6 new games a year.. that's $12 saved per $60 game... or $72 saved.. two more games.. or 8 a year.. is $96.. that pays for Prime.

There's more than just that too...

Look into the benefits. It's a good deal.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
Server: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2016-02-23 01:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, 2.. the shipping can be shared with family members.. even those not living with you.. share with 2 family members along with the cost, now it's $33/yr for you..

...3... lot of movies and music you can watch for no charge if you have prime. Cheaper than renting digital downloads regularly.

Add up savings any way you want. It's a good deal.

If you don't want it, don't get it. Just don't complain about high costs of things like shipping when there's an easy way to lower it.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-23 01:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bilonn said: »
If you don't want it, don't get it. Just don't complain about high costs of things like shipping when there's an easy way to lower it.

Thought I was in P&R for a second with this kind of talk.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kyka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kyka 2016-02-23 06:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazon has it's pros and cons - I'm an Amazon vet of about 15+ years. I like the wide selection of products to price compare and in some cases they are much higher than what it costs at a local store...then I buy local. But when I was working 14hrs days time was money to me, so I didn't have the time or energy to go price compare from store to store for the best deals - I also save a LOT on gas shopping online.

It is much more convenient to go online find what you want, compare, find the cheapest, order and have it delivered to your door with no shipping charges - and you can choose 2 day shipping and it's still free. The membership is $99 per year. They have different "specials" on shipping too - if you choose a no rush shipping you will be credited with $1 per item to be used to buy ebooks, downloaded movies or books. They also have this $5.99 Food Pantry shipping, but I think that is a bunch of crap and I won't buy any of those items.

I do get my monies worth out of my Amazon Prime membership with free shipping, the $1 credits, and Prime free movies. I've even had instances where, since I've been with Amazon so long, when a customer service issue comes up they have added months to my Prime membership so that I get several months free. It's not for everyone, but if you shop online quite a bit, it is very worth it.
By fonewear 2016-02-23 07:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If Bernie sanders is President you will get free shipping !