Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-02-17 18:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bigsyke said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Bigsyke said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Why don't we all play hide and go Phuoc ourselves in the tall bamboo of Reisenjima?

Only works on tarus :(

You need to be tall to reach the top and use the bamboo to Phuoc yourself.

Then I need an elvaan character :(

You'd need our STR to throw the others up.

And you know us Elvaans, if someone suggests trying to Phuoc with us using a bamboo then...

lol this gave me a good laugh, that name didnt help him many times i think.

also to the bright star that telled me in-game to stop posting here, ill post whenever i want, thanks.

if you dont like it, please use the block button, too many white
knights around here i think.
By Scritchy 2016-02-17 18:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To get this thread back on track, here are some strategies that a friend and I have used to solo or duo most of Reisenjima's T1s. NQ Abjuration gear was our starting point, filled in my more Reisenjima gear as we got it.

Sang Buaya, Crom Dubh, Zduhac: I won't waste my time repeating what everyone's said: SCH. Sang Buaya is a very easy SCH solo. Crom Dubh is slightly harder, Noiahonto can kill Amchuchu or August if you get unlucky, but addition of a PLD/RUN/PUP would make it an easy duo. Zduhac can get very dangerous below 25%. We mostly killed it with Bolster GEO + Tabula SCH to make sure it died fast, probably not the best strategy if you really want to spam this.

Kabandha: Honestly one of the simplest NMs. I figure probably just about anything with a hate grabbing tool and 50 MDT/PDT can tank this, and then any DD can kill it. We did it RUN + BST. Add more DDs as needed. Just make sure the tank keeps their back turned.

Mauve-wristed Gomberry: We did it SCH + BLM + August + Amchuchu + healer trusts. BLM opens with -aja to stagger by killing all the shadows, then SCH SC + MB. Not a big threat, most important thing is killing the shadows. BLU/BST/BLM can all probably do it easily enough.

Taelmoth the Diremaw: Hits really really hard, so we went with PUP tank + BST DD. Full Azure Lore SC + MB sometimes put puppet into red HP, but not really a threat if you Repair during the middle of the SC. It seemed to wipe buffs every time the BST pulled hate with a Ready, but not when the puppet pulled hate with Provoke or the BST Ready'd without pulling hate. Uncertain if this is a real characteristic of the NM, or just an unusual coincidence however. In any event probably any good DD can substitute for the BST.

Oryx: Long, slow, boring fight. Would probably be faster if our DD jobs were better. Did it PUP + BLU once, then switched to RUN + BLU and it was slightly faster. Breaking the horn didn't seem terribly common, even while spamming Chant (BLU) or Vorpal (RUN). Pretty much any tank can tank this, though PLD is probably best just because Chant > RUN or PUP's options

Selkit: This is by far where our strategy differs from most. We attempted the "lock it into Hell Scissors" strategy, but had poor success rates. Eventually we settled on PUP tank + NIN, with the explicit strategy of lowering our WS rates. As long as you don't WS more than once every 5 or so seconds, it won't Hell Scissors, allowing hate to maintain on the puppet. Care should be taken because the poison it gives is dangerous and temp items to heal the pet might be needed if it decides to spam poison faster than Maintenance/Repair's recast. This is a very slow fight using this strategy, but it gave us 100% success rate. Any decent DD could sub in for the NIN.

Belphegor: Like Zduhac, never really attempted it without 1hr. Full credit to Trulusia on the PUP forums for inspiring me to go out there and kill it with Overdrive. Shijin Spiral to open up Bonecrusher, makes Light. If you plan on doing this I suggest waiting until you have 20/20 in Overdrive JP to really guarantee victory. Poison Potions don't hurt to avoid Sleepga too.

Never needed to try Dazzling Dolores, and have yet to have success with Kist (or try Sabotender duo at all). I realize that a lot of these strategies are slower or rely upon 1hrs that limit their ability to be spammed, but I still think these methods are worth noting.
[+]
By lhova 2016-02-19 12:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

First I would like to say thank you to all! With this information I was able to clear a lot of the T1's and the only ones I'm still working on is Gomberry, Kist, Selkit and Sabotender.

I attempted these with a group of Blu, Pld, Whm, Geo, Sch, Cor and Blm (one of the biggest mistakes that I made, I think). We were struggling with most of the T1's, especially Oryx, Gomberry and other dumb ones. I really think that it set me back by bringing so many people because when I lowered the group to only Pld, Whm, BLU, Blm, Blm, Cor we rocked Oryx and a few of the ones we couldn't beat earlier.

On Gomberry I used the bigger group and we failed miserably. The BLM aja'd the clones and procced it and based on BG the fight should have been a cake walk but the Pld died somehow and the mob killed us one by one. I'm hoping that with a low man group similar to the one that I had success with that we will be able to beat it.

With Sabo I believe had we had 2 BLM's that had death and a decent amount of JP's invested we would have won. When we attempted him 3 times I would solo Dark SC and BLM would Burst Death and do about 70k then I would spam CDC for light and he was bursting off of that. Got it down to 18% in a few minutes but then he did ??? needles and that was the end. Issue was we didn't kill it fast enough. With 2 Blu's he would have died before he got to ??? needles.

Selkit destroyed us but I believe that I can solo it with the trust setup suggested earlier. I had it to 10% with Ulmia, teodor, Arciela, Apurru and August but somehow I died to Hell Scissors (which is weird because I thought it would bring you to low hp and then move on to another party member based on the hate reset). I only tried him solo once due to work but I'm pretty sure I just got unlucky on that run.

Kist sucks, but again hopefully with the BLM, BLM, BLu, WHM, PlD, Geo strat we can kill it fast with SC's and Magic Bursts. I'm excited to finish these so I can start with my Ironside Spam and hopefully get 2 Colada's (I have 11 pop sets from the last campaign). Again thanks everyone for your info and help, I really appreciated it!
By lhova 2016-02-19 12:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Whenever I feel like being particularly masochistic, I fight Kist on SCH or BLU. Basically, it takes a lot of damage from darkness. My sure-fire win involves bursting a strong Helix 2 on it and then sitting around waiting for it to die. On BLU, I just continually apply Diamondhide to my trusts and burst Tenebral off Req > CDC chains.

Highly suggest throwing Deaths and Noctohelix at it instead, though, as it's just much less annoying.

SO are you beating Kist on Blu with just trusts and the 90 second Tenebral Bursts? Also is there a trust that can reliably silence? Thinking of trying to solo Crom for the blm pants but I don't think on Blu I can silence him. Also is Sudden lunge a reliable stun for his Dark Aoe move?
By lhova 2016-02-19 23:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we wanted selkit to only use hell scissors but he hits like a ton with it.
By RolandJ 2016-02-19 23:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The nice thing about Hell Scissors is that it can't kill and so you have practically made him harmless; poison + hell scissors is about the only time it'll kill. Use two tank trusts so that they can juggle the hate between scissors between themselves and you.

Once you have him locked it boils down to whether or not you have the firepower win the battle before your trusts are completely out of MP from curing. An adhemar BLU with good swords that can spam light with CDC shouldn't have an issue there unless selkit pulls a slow aura off on you.
By lhova 2016-02-20 07:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think what screwed me is the fact that I used berserk. Hell scissors did 2300 to me and killed me. When I didn't use it the fight went smoother and it was actually funny that I killed the mob right before he killed me lol. I don't even think I died to poison so I don't get how I even died but whatever. Is there a trust who will silence or foes Blu have a way to reliably silence Crom? I wanna use trusts in him too.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2016-03-23 04:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taelmoth the Diremaw can be soloed by a well geared DD/NIN, the key being to run away from him during Azure Lore. You don't need to run for too long, just until he has attempted 3 spells. This usually took me about 15 seconds.

I recommend having at least 2 Trusts that can erase so that bind is quickly taken off you. I was DNC/NIN but only used Healing Waltz a few times in numerous fights. My favorite combo of Trusts was Arciela 1, King of Hearts, Ulmia, Qultada and Apururu.

Keep in mind that he does have a full dispel that he uses irregularly. So either you'll need to be able to hit him without food or be willing to reuse food after he wipes it. I also recommend using some -Damage Taken gear as I did get one shotted by Dark Orb once when I forgot to equip -DT accessories.

I hope this info helps some of you. This NM was a struggle for me and my friends using a standard PLD tank prior to discovering this. Thanks to the others that have posted useful info in this thread.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [420 days between previous and next post]
By technicz 2017-05-16 18:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gomberry:

Melee BLU solo with trusts -- August, Amchuchu, KingOfHearts, Yoran, Cherukiki

With my current sets, they could not reliably keep hate after the throat stabs, so I ended up tanking the whole time. Might be easier to just go full healing trusts. With the 2 WHM's I got it to around 30% before Paralyze screwed me on 2 AOE nukes to kill the clones.

Spectral Floe was doing around 6k normally, 8k with BA on. Searing Tempest was next with around 4k. Anvil Lightning was around 2k, but so was Subduction. His vulnerabilities to me seem to be: Ice, Fire, then Wind. Blinding Fulgor, Scouring Spate, and Tenebral Crush did in the hundreds.

I may just go full melee set and set Spectral Floe and Searing Tempest for the adds.

You may get one shotted if your tonberry hate is high and he hits you with Everyone's Rancor. When I went full mage mode to find his spell vulnerabilities, he never used this TP move on me, which would have one shotted me. I think if your damage is consistent enough he will constantly do Ritual Bind, Throat Stabs, rinse, repeat, until he calls clones again.

Hope this helps.
[+]