Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppetmaster Weapons
Puppetmaster Weapons
By Lariae 2016-02-13 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So.. A general Question, as I am coming back. Prior to leaving (2 years go) i loved to play PUP.. And now that I'm back I need a goal. My thought was to make a Kenkonken, but looking at the stats of the Ilv 119 its lower damage than Oatixurs, which i already have.. Granted i know it has great stats beyond just raw damage, but is the mythic our best weapon? Is it worth the time investment?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2016-02-13 19:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why kenkonken only got a minimal dmg boost is due to its lack of delay. I personally was hoping for a dmg rating of 110, but with aftermath3 on and the delay (on top of proper buffs) you're swinging like you have hundred fists. If you can activate AM3 for maton, it's worth wearing strictly for pet usage. But with current content having pet boosting weapon isn't a bad alternative if you're not touching the target or spamming maneuvers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-13 19:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppetmaster, like all other pet jobs, has no "best" weapon. Everything is situational. In terms of raw damage, KKK is only good when you can full time AM3. If for some reason you cannot fulltime AM3, it is not useful. Period. Overloading is essentially a non-issue at this point, so the burden- isn't really worth anything.

Also consider that AM3 isn't all that useful for Ranger puppets. They will generate TP faster, but as OAT cannot proc on Ranger WS, it's not nearly as good. Bone Crusher is basically PUP's best weapon after the update, and AM3 makes it that much better.

So anyway, Best weapon is going to be subjective to whatever it is you are doing and the conditions you are in. Need ultra high accuracy or pet focused? Ohtas R15 are the king there. Lower level content without KKK, Denounments. Tanking? Oberon's Sainti, Ormahzd and Codemners can all get 5%dt, which is the only important stat.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2016-02-14 06:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just add midnights to the tanking list
By dustinfoley 2016-02-14 06:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
The reason why kenkonken only got a minimal dmg boost is due to its lack of delay. I personally was hoping for a dmg ra

Two things

1) kkk got the same boost as mnk mythic (% wise)

2) the reason mythic h2h got a smaller boost than other mythics is cause devs essentially treat them as 2 handers when it comes to where they balance them. since you get 2 weapons for 1. Their thought is that if each is boosted by 25%, h2h users gain more than other 1 hand mythic users
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-16 02:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Puppetmaster, like all other pet jobs, has no "best" weapon. Everything is situational. In terms of raw damage, KKK is only good when you can full time AM3. If for some reason you cannot fulltime AM3, it is not useful. Period. Overloading is essentially a non-issue at this point, so the burden- isn't really worth anything.

To be fair, the MA+50 is also pretty huge if you're not getting capped magical haste from outside buffers. Very rarely an issue when solo + trusts, but with the general state of melee these days it's certainly not inconceivable to be in a party and getting less than haste + double marches or something. For instance, do you really expect to be getting capped haste in most CP parties? Seems a lot less likely. Any time you're taking advantage of the entire MA+50, the delay reduction alone already makes KKK pretty damn strong even before accounting for aftermath (assuming you can get still get reasonable accuracy). But, yeah, obviously AM3 is the biggest draw.

Anyway, Ohtas are certainly really nice now for punching stuff if you don't have KKK - especially when you need huge Acc and/or have a DD puppet out.

But the other RMEAs deserve a mention too:
* Verethragna became pretty damn good this update with 269 skill, excellent dmg/delay (118//51), and a whopping STR+50. Plus a good associated WS in Smite. And while it only procs on first punch in a round, ODT aftermath is certainly welcome. Less AM-reliant than KKK, and while they do nothing for the puppet they're very powerful from a master perspective. And hey, can double as one of the best MNK weapons.

* Godhands are also very strong. Mainly for the insane dmg/delay (150/60) with skill+269. IDK if the lv4 SC is really worth a ton, and if you're taking good advantage of that they're even more impressive, but just on pure dmg/delay DPS it's already a beastly weapon.

And just below the RMEAs, if you happen upon a pair of Comeuppances (from Unity version Pandemonium Warden), those are also probably better than anything else you can punch with from a pure master perspective.