Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-04 23:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dracondria said:
Just go NIN, it works really well now.

Sweets!

I recently decided to level NIN as my 3rd 75 job. Right now I'm only lvl 40, but katana, Ninjitsu (too lazy to find how to spell), and throwing are all capped. I make my own shurikens too. They're actually quite useful too.

It's actually an experiment so to speak though, I go NIN/DNC, use shurikens, some of the elemental wheel, para, poison, curing waltz, drain samba, and animated flourish to keep hate and tank so to speak. While my duo partner comes NIN/WAR as DD. So far it seems to work pretty well, we went from 37-40 in 2 days inside the citidel, so no books used yet. We wanna see if we can duo our way to 75 like this. My throwing caps b4 katana lol.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-04 23:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Dracondria said:
Just go NIN, it works really well now.

Sweets!

I recently decided to level NIN as my 3rd 75 job. Right now I'm only lvl 40, but katana, Ninjitsu (too lazy to find how to spell), and throwing are all capped. I make my own shurikens too. They're actually quite useful too.

It's actually an experiment so to speak though, I go NIN/DNC, use shurikens, some of the elemental wheel, para, poison, curing waltz, drain samba, and animated flourish to keep hate and tank so to speak. While my duo partner comes NIN/WAR as DD. So far it seems to work pretty well, we went from 37-40 in 2 days inside the citidel, so no books used yet. We wanna see if we can duo our way to 75 like this. My throwing caps b4 katana lol.

All you have to do in Under Observation is turn your back and spam the elemental wheel. If you don't turn your back, you get paralyzed HARD. Like 95% proc rate or something.

Luckily, it's really really really easy to keep your shadows up since they only cast Burn, Fire II, and Drain, and maybe a few other spells, and have really low HP. 3 cycles of the Wheel should kill them off, and then the two NINs just take the big one. Real easy fight and 10% drop rate or so, with 30% drop rate on at least one Utsusemi: Ni drop.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-04 23:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, I always hear about Blms onry for UO.

But it sounds like us 2 NINs could do this then. It's worth a shot, and I got tons of beastmen seals. I use the one AF katana right now, the one with the higher dmg, and another katana that does spell interruption down. Just got the belt that does spell interruption too, so I'm sure that will help. My nin is gear towards evasion and spell interruption down, and hers is geared for more acc and attack. We'll just need to grab the rest of the elemental wheel scrolls & tools (think we're only missing like 2-3) and give it a go! w00t!

Sometimes when I get bored I'll do the Russian Roulette one (treasures and tribulations) just for fun, lol! Only did that one like 3 times, always got the mimic though.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-05 00:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll probably need a RDM or SMN to hold the big NM. It hits really hard and accurately, but once the two weaker ones are down it dies easy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 00:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Word. I know a few RDMs friends too xD. You can never have too many of those.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 01:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Boric said:
im a 1337 warrior ;)

Oh ***man! Thought you were being sarcastic until I looked at your gear! Can I borrow that GA sometime?! xD

Def 1337
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-05 01:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As an alternative point of view on WS gear:
- my Steel Cyclone set
- my Raging Rush set
- Relevant Merits: GAXE +8
- other note: I traded my Assault Earring to a friend for the Fowling, she forgot about it and sold it when she quit. T.T

Everyone gears for WS differently according to their own rules, and not everyone has the same gear available. I don't put as heavy emphasis on +Accuracy as most, I focus on STR and Attack, and for SC I pump a bit of VIT. Even as I type this I can hear people complaining about my SC set, but I stand by it. For every bit of gear I have, might buy, or might acquire I weigh the pros and cons, and whatever comes out better in the long run gets put in.

My stuff is mostly vanilla AH gear and Sky loot, and there are alot of newer, similar items that are as good or better, but most of the better items are only marginally so IMO. There's new stuff I'd like to get and improve these sets, but I generally can't play enough to do all the necessary Salvage/ZNMs/GodKnowsWhat to get it.

[/random]: WAR and Sea... Aside from Fort Torque is there really anything else good from there for WAR?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-05 01:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal, Gorget etc etc, Fort Axe has uses, as does the Sword torque, having many B ~ skills they can technically benifit from all torques, but thats besides the point, other then Fort Torque, Fort Axe and perhaps the Axe torque being of use, but yea, generally no and generally yes WAR being a jack of all trades :x lol.

And that dude is so 1337, hes over the acc cap on Greater Birds :o,
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 01:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
As an alternative point of view on WS gear:
- my Steel Cyclone set
- my Raging Rush set
- Relevant Merits: GAXE +8
- other note: I traded my Assault Earring to a friend for the Fowling, she forgot about it and sold it when she quit. T.T

Everyone gears for WS differently according to their own rules, and not everyone has the same gear available. I don't put as heavy emphasis on +Accuracy as most, I focus on STR and Attack, and for SC I pump a bit of VIT. Even as I type this I can hear people complaining about my SC set, but I stand by it. For every bit of gear I have, might buy, or might acquire I weigh the pros and cons, and whatever comes out better in the long run gets put in.

My stuff is mostly vanilla AH gear and Sky loot, and there are alot of newer, similar items that are as good or better, but most of the better items are only marginally so IMO. There's new stuff I'd like to get and improve these sets, but I generally can't play enough to do all the necessary Salvage/ZNMs/GodKnowsWhat to get it.

[/random]: WAR and Sea... Aside from Fort Torque is there really anything else good from there for WAR?

I'm curious as to why you use the Ehead for Raging Rush?

I have Ehead, Ehands, and Abj for Efeet, but the whole Earthen set always seemed to me it's more for show that usefulness. Like if up TP'd in it, you wouldn't have haste from feet and hands. If you weapon skilled in it, there's no STR mods.

Am I missing some secret about the Earthen gear (aside from body) that is good?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 01:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Brutal, Gorget etc etc, Fort Axe has uses, as does the Sword torque, having many B ~ skills they can technically benifit from all torques, but thats besides the point, other then Fort Torque, Fort Axe and perhaps the Axe torque being of use, but yea, generally no and generally yes WAR being a jack of all trades :x lol.

WORD! But No CoP gear talk here! J/k, I'm just far from getting any of it. Ok so I know there's an acc cap, a haste cap, but Is there a Double Attack cap?

My double attacked is fully merited as I said, but say I use the pole grip + AF2 legs + AF feet. Is there like more Double attack gear to get, and can you get it to a point where you DA all the time or close to it?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-05 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Think about the fact O hat is ur only other option(for most ppl) take away 5 acc, and add 8 atk sounds like a fair trade. more balanced piece.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-05 01:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Rumaha said:

WORD! But No CoP gear talk here! J/k, I'm just far from getting any of it. Ok so I know there's an acc cap, a haste cap, but Is there a Double Attack cap?

My double attacked is fully merited as I said, but say I use the pole grip + AF2 legs + AF feet. Is there like more Double attack gear to get, and can you get it to a point where you DA all the time or close to it?

Barring full Ares' you can get around ~20% pretty easy, I do not believe there to be a DA cap, it COULD be 25%, but I mean gear can't get you far past it anyway.

Edit**

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=107137

29%, There is a Gaxe w/ +1% but meh.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 01:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Think about the fact O hat is ur only other option(for most ppl) take away 5 acc, and add 8 atk sounds like a fair trade. more balanced piece.

This reminds me of another question. What's the deal with using the Walahra Turban over Askar Zucchetto? It's only a 1% loss in haste, but gives str+4 dex+4 vit+4. I mean as a WAR the turban's mp and hp +30 is kind of useless.

Then I think well maybe TP in the turban and WS with Askar, but that would only be good for Steel Cyclone. RR and Rampage would benefit more from the O hat. But then again the Earthen gear has like you said a little less Acc but provides more attack. AHH! Now my head is spinning again! lol!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 01:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

There is a Gaxe w/ +1% but meh.

The Sparth, lol! That was the GA I used before getting Byakko's Axe. It looks hot. But without the earring you need for it, it turns to meh. Still looks cool though.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-05 01:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Rumaha said:

This reminds me of another question. What's the deal with using the Walahra Turban over Askar Zucchetto? It's only a 1% loss in haste, but gives str+4 dex+4 vit+4. I mean as a WAR the turban's mp and hp +30 is kind of useless.

Then I think well maybe TP in the turban and WS with Askar, but that would only be good for Steel Cyclone. RR and Rampage would benefit more from the O hat. But then again the Earthen gear has like you said a little less Acc but provides more attack. AHH! Now my head is spinning again! lol!

Funny about the set I made, its capped on acc for birds lol, just slightly over cap, if u put on Hasso or w/e u can swap off Cuch or w/e,

But on this point, If you dont need the ACC(Which you have to judge yourself and TP return) Askar(STR and DEX) Would beat O hat in raw numbers, which is why Heca hat is so nice, having a decent Acc(dex)+ makes it pretty complete, Rampage can stick w/ O hat cuz 1hand needs the Acc i guess, to the turban question, 4 dex is what...3 acc? 1% haste > 3 acc, very few situations would Askar be better.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-05 01:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Rumaha said:

There is a Gaxe w/ +1% but meh.

The Sparth, lol! That was the GA I used before getting Byakko's Axe. It looks hot. But without the earring you need for it, it turns to meh. Still looks cool though.

That has haste +1% :o, I meant DA +1% on Wamoura Axe, and it does indeed look cool.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-05 02:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:

A little Acc and a little Atk, and I don't have anything better for RR atm. Doesn't really factor in much though, I only use RR if someone needs me in a Frag chain. :P

E. Abj set is pretty meh, especially with all the new gear from all the new expansions since RoZ. I've had E. Feet Abj for ages that's just there to keep D. Hands Abj company in case I really want to finish off sets some time. E. Head is a very distant second in the ranking of the set, Feet third, Hands and Pants are tied for suck.

I don't know how I forgot about Brutal Earring, that thing is golden.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 02:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Must find out the secret to the Foolkiller too! So far they found out it's not the whole having the title from killing gurfulur or w/e his name is. Nothing to do with having hp or mp in a certain range, or so they say. Activated during weapon skills, who knows? Jester's cape would have been nice, but war can't equip it. I would think someone would have figured this out by now. Or maybe someone has any they're not telling, lol!

Rumaha said:

That has haste +1% :o, I meant DA +1% on Wamoura Axe, and it does indeed look cool.

Oh yeah duh we were talking about DA, lol. The Wamoura Axe is only activated during Assaults, so you really can't count it for more DA.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 02:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
Chaosx said:

A little Acc and a little Atk, and I don't have anything better for RR atm. Doesn't really factor in much though, I only use RR if someone needs me in a Frag chain. :P

E. Abj set is pretty meh, especially with all the new gear from all the new expansions since RoZ. I've had E. Feet Abj for ages that's just there to keep D. Hands Abj company in case I really want to finish off sets some time. E. Head is a very distant second in the ranking of the set, Feet third, Hands and Pants are tied for suck.

I don't know how I forgot about Brutal Earring, that thing is golden.

Gotcha!

Just like some people forget that not everyone has Sea/CoP gears, I tend to forget not everyone has Askar head, or Nhead (which I don't, but I wants xD).

That's funny though, we both have the Efeet Abj just chillin in storage, collecting dust.

Only reason I got Ehands, was one time coming out of maint. I was to get ToD for Fafnir for the lame HNMLS I was in (which I'll leave nameless) and against the lame leader's instructions I come WAR, I logged off in DA as PLD/NIN. And good thing I did, cause when I logged in, a random group of people were there and needed me to tank him. So I got Ehands and those hands that give gilfinder, LOL!

Boy that was the only HNMLS that I was apart of, or should I say let me in, but damn that brings back memories of how mentally challenged some of the leaders were. LS broke up after only 2 months, Leader skipped server's with a huge LS bank, blah, blah, just thinking about Ehands brings up those bad memories...
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-05 04:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I had a bit of a falling-out with endgame after the then-new leader of a here-unnamed shell dicked me over in a big way, then proceeded to ruin the game for alot of my friends, who then quit the game. Luckily a shell of friends and like-minded former endgamers found me and we do Dyna/Ein, and the occasional fun stuff from endgame as people need it. ^^
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-05 06:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
Yeah, I had a bit of a falling-out with endgame after the then-new leader of a here-unnamed shell dicked me over in a big way, then proceeded to ruin the game for alot of my friends, who then quit the game. Luckily a shell of friends and like-minded former endgamers found me and we do Dyna/Ein, and the occasional fun stuff from endgame as people need it. ^^

Yeah luckily, when I joined this LS back then, they wanted me to do ALL events with them, and I was like nah, I'll just do HNMs. Good thing I did. Otherwise I would have never gotten my Iota ring, Ritter Gorget, and 4/5 WAR AF2 and 4/5 PLD AF2, etc.

Friend though from defunct LS helped me get into thier Sky LS, so in a way, getting screwed over, kind of brought a few of us together.

Although the sky LS fell apart, we actually got some good gear out of it, and it fell apart in a way in which people didn't get dicked over. More like people just lost interested.

If an LS is going to fall apart, I'd rather just have it naturally do it rather than someone taking all the LS gil and jump servers.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-06 00:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump!

What's the deal with Unicorn gears? I'm surprised nobody brought up using any of these gears. Are they worth getting? Or are they outdated by newer stuff?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-06 00:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Body would only be useful for regen, Legs are crap, hands are crap, Head is pretty nice to WS in the white, Feet are ok but id choose NQ dusk over them because of how little you are in 75%~ hp
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-09-06 05:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Merits:
5/5 Berserk
5/5 Double Attack
1/5 Warrior's Charge
1/? Tomahawk
4/4 Crit +
8/8 Gaxe
2/5 Str +

Gaxe TP Set
Nuevo (Acc+10 DA+2)
Perdu for High Eva mobs when i need the acc
Erlkings Kheten (dmg+6 att+6 da+2) for meripo/low eva stuff

SC Set

RR Set

KJ Set
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 01:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Krazyrs said:
Merits:
5/5 Berserk
5/5 Double Attack
1/5 Warrior's Charge
1/? Tomahawk
4/4 Crit +
8/8 Gaxe
2/5 Str +

Gaxe TP Set
Nuevo (Acc+10 DA+2)
Perdu for High Eva mobs when i need the acc
Erlkings Kheten (dmg+6 att+6 da+2) for meripo/low eva stuff

SC Set

RR Set

KJ Set

Thanks. Those sets give me a better idea. Question though, do you find the bomb core better than using a fire bomblet?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do not need the 6 acc, it is better yes lol.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends on the weapon you're using. GA normally has higher ACC so Bomb Core is often better, whereas Axe/Sword or Axe/Axe will be far less accurate.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-07 01:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Body would only be useful for regen, Legs are crap, hands are crap, Head is pretty nice to WS in the white, Feet are ok but id choose NQ dusk over them because of how little you are in 75%~ hp

I thought about getting the feet before I got NFeet, but yeah that hp 75%+ kinda sucks for the latents.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-07 01:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

You have to be ABOVE 75% HP, meaning the latent is pretty much active all the time, making them even better than Dusk Ledelsens +1
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-07 01:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Rumaha said:

You have to be ABOVE 75% HP, meaning the latent is pretty much active all the time, making them even better than Dusk Ledelsens +1

Ask a WAR that has used both, Id take NQ Dusk over Unicorn, ESPECIALLY HQ Dusk over Unicorn, because, you are NOT over 75% HP all the time, especially in meripo when you voke.
[+]