users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » 80-110 skilling
80-110 skilling
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-01-04 23:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone gone from 80 to finish post crafting update? Working on drawing a map to level up bone on my mule and it seems to be really iffy after 80 for decent synths!
 Siren.Flannelman
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-01-05 01:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably know this, but you can skill up on things 10 levels below you now.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-01-05 03:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonecraft was one of the easiest ones to skill-up to 110, not many synths that require a lot of materials, especially with new guild NPC being available and the 10 levels craft nerf. Good luck! :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-01-05 03:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wivre Hairpins are a fantastic synth post 80, it'll slow down past the 85 synth cap but the Wivre in Abyssea drop the required Wivre Mauls like candy, especially with TH.

After that there is Raaz Arrowheads with a 92 cap

Mammoth Tusk 94
Chronos Tooth 100

Those 2 come from Dynamis drops of Giant Frozen Head and Colossal Skull respectively, you won't really be able to farm these effectively as they have a low drop rate but a good number should regularly pop up on the AH.

After those, I would argue the only feasible synth to 110 is Maliyakaleya Orb with a cap of 105, thankfully you can now take that to 110, spare a thought for the bonecrafters who had to finish up doing grossly expensive synths like Tati Earrings.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-01-05 03:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Or even before that when the only way to 110 was making Hexed gear at a pure loss unless you HQ'd Haha. Ohhh the good days... NOT!
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-01-05 23:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Wivre Hairpins are a fantastic synth post 80, it'll slow down past the 85 synth cap but the Wivre in Abyssea drop the required Wivre Mauls like candy, especially with TH.

After that there is Raaz Arrowheads with a 92 cap

Mammoth Tusk 94
Chronos Tooth 100

Those 2 come from Dynamis drops of Giant Frozen Head and Colossal Skull respectively, you won't really be able to farm these effectively as they have a low drop rate but a good number should regularly pop up on the AH.

After those, I would argue the only feasible synth to 110 is Maliyakaleya Orb with a cap of 105, thankfully you can now take that to 110, spare a thought for the bonecrafters who had to finish up doing grossly expensive synths like Tati Earrings.
Thanks for this!

I feel the bonecrafters. My main is Goldsmithing and post 104 was just not realistic lol
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-01-06 01:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also chapuli arrowheads which cap at 84(95), those are probably more available on AH if you don't wanna farm wivres yourself.

Post 100, there's dragon rings as well
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-01-06 13:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

dragon rings are a good synth to 110. dragon talon are rather cheap and come from mog garden. as long as you buy there will always be supply. it took me a few weeks of camping and buying it to get the market going on my server. once i did, it never let up and still sells well today.

i did 60 of each dragon masks, cuisses, mails, greaves since i already had alchemy. yes it was a more expensive option but paid off in the end. was able to continue on to voodoo and hq 4/5 carmine.
which got me 300m+. which was luck since the update has just happen, i was only focused on selling cursed gear.

just got to think outside the box sometimes and remember you have to spend money to make money. so you might as well spend it on the best possible return on investment.
[+]