Link | Quote | Reply

Basic Lee
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 09:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to Pokemon Yellow and OOT/MQ and MM today.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-08 09:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

(/w\) I can't watch the OOT one because I got it for my 3DS the other day and it's been so long I've forgotten how to do/get nearly everything. I'm enjoying the re-experiencing lol.
user: Enternius
By Owari Monogatari 2016-01-08 10:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
(/w\) I can't watch the OOT one because I got it for my 3DS the other day and it's been so long I've forgotten how to do/get nearly everything. I'm enjoying the re-experiencing lol.
It's fine, an Ocarina of Time Speedrun is like, glitch through a wall at the beginning and you're immediately at the end. It's weird.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2016-01-08 11:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured as much but...

(/w\) I don't even remember the end lol. I thought it was the cool thing where the sword got stuck in his head but I think that was wind waker.

It's been entirely too long lol.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 12:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, as a kid playing Pokemon, I never imagined the game I was playing would be raising money to fight cancer. Quite a bit of money raised just for what to name the character, the rival, certain Pokemon, etc. That's cool to me.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-08 18:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
You know, as a kid playing Pokemon, I never imagined the game I was playing would be raising money to fight cancer. Quite a bit of money raised just for what to name the character, the rival, certain Pokemon, etc. That's cool to me.

Even my nearly 70 year old parents who hate video games are excited about what SDA is doing with the GDQ's.

You don't need to be a gamer to appreciate people working together to do good.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 20:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading back about past GDQs (and maybe trying to figure out who's adorable voice is announcing things atm), it looks like past GDQs had some drama, cringe, etc. So I'm guessing this one is just going very well.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-08 20:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading back about past GDQs (and maybe trying to figure out who's adorable voice is announcing things atm), it looks like past GDQs had some drama, cringe, etc. So I'm guessing this one is just going very well.

There's always at least one situation. There was a seriously memorable one last year.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-08 21:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bzye7vftwx1U6PZeJMDsywSmP-GnhJC18oP90P2M6gk/edit#gid=1837334495

Stalk free, stalk free

Jassik said: »

There's always at least one situation. There was a seriously memorable one last year.

Wonder if she actually ended up going thru with it or if she just said yes because of the cameras.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 21:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read about Mr. Shasta being asked to step down from announcing due to a comment he read from Twitter or a donation or something. Then I saw something about a girl standing up and started telling a story about cancer mid-speedrun and asked the runner to stop playing or something.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-08 21:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Wonder if she actually ended up going thru with it or if she just said yes because of the cameras.

Hard to say.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-08 21:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read about Mr. Shasta being asked to step down from announcing due to a comment he read from Twitter or a donation or something. Then I saw something about a girl standing up and started telling a story about cancer mid-speedrun and asked the runner to stop playing or something.

Yeah, and one runner basically sat on the couch and annoyed the ***out of everyone for several games in a row until one runner told him to shut up. That was pretty funny.

It's a week of amateur and generally fairly unprofessional gamers streaming 24/7. There's bound to be something happening.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-08 21:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

CavemanDJC, the man the myth the legend. "I would really prefer it if you'd be quiet."
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 21:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Stalk free, stalk free
I dunno about all that, but I do get curious who they are.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 21:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and one runner basically sat on the couch and annoyed the ***out of everyone for several games in a row until one runner told him to shut up. That was pretty funny.

It's a week of amateur and generally fairly unprofessional gamers streaming 24/7. There's bound to be something happening.
This one seems to be going well as long as I've watched it through the day. Biggest issue I've seen was the FF run failing.

"EST: Stairs"
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-08 22:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ZFG didn't have a noticeable lisp throughout OOT/MQ but he did in the interview. Did I just not notice during the run?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-09 11:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I misunderstanding this or did the "Can you stop?" girl get a job with GDQ after the incident?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-09 13:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-01-09 16:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I praise our new robot overlord. Tas Bot.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-09 16:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the TASbot Brain Age thing was entertaining, I liked it.

These donations coming in tho.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-01-09 17:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We made a mario level.
Best level.
(its unplayable.)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-09 17:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

I WISH WE STILL HAD MOMENTS LIKE THESE
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-09 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there been any info concerning the next GDQ event? When it will be? I'm...hooked.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-09 17:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SGDQ isnt until July
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-09 17:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not too far off, was thinking it'd be later in the year. Hopefully I'll have the money to donate. I'm kinda bummed I can't. Winter is not kind to concrete guys. =/

EDIT: Editing this in because I've gotten kinda spammy in here, not sure if it's been posted already....

AGDQ 2016 Donation Index
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-09 18:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty *** ***that Andy kicked Skuj's console, causing the game to turn off, and din't even wait for him to turn the game back on before continuing the race
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-09 18:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Now his console glitched.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-09 22:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't the FFIV characters supposed to be named by bidwar?

EDIT: Oh, I guess you can change the names. Thought that was DS only.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-01-09 23:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

which donation incentive did he *** up, i missed it