users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Adults shouldnt play video games
Adults shouldnt play video games
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-12-04 01:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Being an adult is all about compromising, a process which most learn through trial and error. Sure i have two kids, a business and a household to run. But! when i enter my iron/gameroom after a day of work is done and the kids are in bed... i dont need people making me feel bad because i play videogames!
Also i hate hipsters!
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-04 03:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If i havent watched some of his other videos i would have judged him harder, hes entitled to his opinion but i agree with him on more stuff than disagree. This was the clip i first saw him in, wrecking an sjw on the topics of racism and sexism https://youtu.be/MFFJWzgUmTE?t=16m
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-04 03:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My dad doesn't like when I play videogames. It's not that he thinks bad of them, but he just wants me to do other things, more social. Then again he is a man who created around himself a huge network of people from scratch and tried to raise me to become queen of this web he wove.
But my dad's ideas of grandeur aside, having hobbies is vital for your health, it all depends on how you approach them(you can't let them control your life forgetting other responsibilities). Now which hobby that's just up to the person as long as it causes them or others no harm.
For some drawing is a great hobby because it's inspirational and allows to express the inner world; but for people like me who can't even draw a triangle it's just a frustrating experience.
This guy likes to make tables? Well aside that I could tell from how he's dressed that he finds amish cool ***, that would personally bore me to death, just like it bores me to do dishes(which is completely unrelated but that's all I do these days cause of my brother's laziness); ANYWAY!
Everyone has their interests, I like to make lists and charts of everything which would bore anyone else and is most certainly absolutely pointless, but hey, as long as it keeps you entertained and lowers your body's stress response it's all good!

That being said:
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-04 03:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
If i havent watched some of his other videos i would have judged him harder, hes entitled to his opinion but i agree with him on more stuff than disagree. This was the clip i first saw him in, wrecking an sjw on the topics of racism and sexism https://youtu.be/MFFJWzgUmTE?t=16m
Well Ok but after that video where he shows a completely archaic viewpoint of what constitutes adulthood, not to mention the sexist view that the man should be the handyman of the house, I'm now not particularly interested in seeing his other videos.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-12-04 03:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Well I'm now not particularly interested in seeing his other videos.
but he has a nice beard.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-04 04:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

but he has a nice beard.
Brian Blessed is all the beard I need.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-04 04:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy is 45, ultra conservative, and likes to make attention grabbing statements. "Watch me, watch me, I say edgy things! I'm interesting guys!"
By Yatenkou 2015-12-04 06:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

but he has a nice beard.
Brian Blessed is all the beard I need.

Beeeeaaaarrrrd
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-12-04 07:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how he's saying what men are supposed to be doing.

Based on what, exactly? Social norms? How's about I do what I want because my time is my time? I'm no less of a man than any other gamer and I know my priorities. My career always comes first. If friends or family need me, I'm there in a pinch. What I do for leisure is my choice, and I happen to want to shoot feral ghouls in their faces.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 07:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

but he has a nice beard.
BRIAN BLESSED IS ALL THE BEARD I NEED.

FTFY.

You didn't BRIAN BLESSEDify your text about BRIAN BLESSED.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 07:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we be clear on something for a moment?

A hipster expressed a conceited, condescending opinion.

I was pretty sure nobody takes hipsters seriously, even other hipsters, because they're the ones who know and the other guy is just a poser.

And they're all going to blog about it from their iPhone that is completely trendy, but they're using it ironically, so it's okay.

*** off, buddy. Your beard may be pretty, but come back when you cultivated it yourself and didn't pay someone $50 for twenty minutes worth of trimming you could have done yourself.

For once I sort of agree w/ AO. Unless this guy has the skills to survive off the grid entirely -- and given his we'll call it "trim" level, I highly doubt he does -- he really ought *** off.
By Jetackuu 2015-12-04 07:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
I don't know why but I suddenly feel like I want to rewatch that old show Home Improvement...

Because it's awesome? Unlike this ***.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 07:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Based on what, exactly? Social norms? How's about I do what I want because my time is my time? I'm no less of a man than any other gamer and I know my priorities. My career always comes first.

I truly can't comment strongly enough on how actually ironic it is for an "ironic" look-at-me-pretending-to-not-follow-trends-while-I-follow-trends-hipster-looking mother *** to be talking like this.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-12-04 08:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried being an adult once, it was horrible and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Edit: Like your better off watching Star Wars Episode 1, trust me
[+]
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-12-04 08:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

you must mean episode 4!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 08:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried being an adult once, it was horrible and I don't recommend it to anyone.

"I lol'ed."

But really. Being an adult -- at least to me -- means making sure you've seen to your responsibilities before you see to your desires.

Keep breathing. Keep nourished. Keep the rain out.

Then fire up the PC and kill ghouls and Tiamats. Or build tables. Or engage in self pleasure until you bleed. I'm not here to judge.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 08:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »

you must mean episode 4!

No, I think he meant what he said, and was driving home exactly how hard he meant it.
 Leviathan.Vienne
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-12-04 08:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

"I lol'ed."

But really. Being an adult -- at least to me -- means making sure you've seen to your responsibilities before you see to your desires.

Then fire up the PC and kill ghouls and Tiamats. Or build tables. Or engage in self pleasure until you bleed. I'm not here to judge.

I love being an adult. When i was a teenager people didnt take me serious! Hormones! Parents! And not being able to get a bf while the rest had one! Having to clean your room!
Now I live in my filthy iron/computer room with a beer next to the pc, I ignore my mom calling, lured me a bf in my web, and the hormones dont hit me but two days a month. Plus people take me serious yet I dont take myself serious :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-04 08:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You know I just looked up Brian Blessed's wikipedia page, how the *** is he 79? He looks like he's in his 50s!
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 08:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vienne said: »
Ramyrez said: »

"I lol'ed."

I love being an adult. When i was a teenager people didnt take me serious! Hormones! Parents! And not being able to get a bf while the rest had one! Having to clean your room!
Now I live in my filthy iron/computer room with a beer next to the pc, I ignore my mom calling, lured me a bf in my web, and the hormones dont hit me but two days a month. Plus people take me serious yet I dont take myself serious :D

I used to be all:

Then I was:

Now I'm like:
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-12-04 08:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd man has dumb opinions about other people's free time.

Why exactly is this anyone's concern? I don't need this guy's approval to enjoy my hobbies, and he doesn't need mine. The only difference, I guess, is that I have the courtesy to mostly keep my opinions to myself.

Or maybe he's just trying this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/01/16 (link instead of image because of bad words in the picture)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 08:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Odd man has dumb opinions about other people's free time.

Why exactly is this anyone's concern?

Because it's Friday and my focus for the week is gone.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-12-04 08:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You know I just looked up Brian Blessed's wikipedia page, how the *** is he 79? He looks like he's in his 50s!
Probably taking metformin.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-12-04 09:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are few things in the world I enjoy. Training, games, babes, women, hottie's! Is about it. Not ever giving any of them up!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 09:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Probably taking metformin.

I bet he is! CORRELATIVE EVIDENCE YESSSSS.

But really. He probably is.

But yeah, when you figure he had to be of the "older gentleman" aesthetic in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and that was, you know *cough24yearsago*....
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 09:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
There are few things in the world I enjoy. Training, games, babes, women, hottie's! Is about it. Not ever giving any of them up!
Meh, swap the women for cigars and cheap booze and I'd be happy. Too much betrayal by women in my early years left a bad taste in my mouth and turned me old and bitter before my time.

Never would have guessed.

"Babes," "women," and "hottie's(sic)" are three different things or you're just that focused on getting your willy wet?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-12-04 09:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said:

"Babes," "women," and "hottie's(sic)" are three different things or you're just that focused on getting your willy wet?
I..I thought up a few possible explanations but can't share them here..
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-12-04 09:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I can come up with differences when pressed, it just seemed a little repetitious given the point he was -- at least apparently -- trying to get across.