No Longer Active Shooter Reported In San Bernadino, Calif.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » No longer Active shooter reported in San Bernadino, Calif.
No longer Active shooter reported in San Bernadino, Calif.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
By Artemicion 2015-12-03 02:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that joke flew over my head. What is that exactly?
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-12-03 02:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What's more disturbing about this story. The idea a married couple went into a Xmas party of a building that is dedicated to special needs ppl or the fact the couple plotted this all out and carefully planned this whole scenario with a 6mth old baby left behind? Not to mention. The very ppl they slaughtered threw them a baby shower not so long ago....
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-03 02:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To give people a better idea of how concreted into the US Rule of Law those first ten amendments, since civics isn't taught anymore or a completely progressive communist version of it is.

The lens through which the Nation known as the United States of American is created. Note this country didn't evolve through natural social groups intermingling but instead was artificially created by a piece of paper. The USA is a created nation, fabricated from 13 independent nation states that can be colonized by Europeans, mostly British. It was not created as a single country but as a Union of several other smaller independent nation-states acting as a whole while still maintaining their individual sovereignty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Declaration_of_Independence

Natural Law is the basis of a country's rightful existence and if it's violated a new country should be formed.

Quote:
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life,_Liberty_and_the_pursuit_of_Happiness

Original version prior to condensation.

Quote:
We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

The natural right to self defense is the right to the preservation of the natural right to life. You can not have a right to life without a right to preserve that life. You can't have a right to liberty without the right to preserve that liberty. Hell the natural right to the pursuit of happiness is how the progressives got legalized homosexual marriage (and good for them) even though there is no amendment specifically granting them this right. These rights are inalienable, this means they can not be taken away by any law of man.

That is how deeply buried the right to own a firearm is in the USA. It's in the concrete of the foundation of the entire nation. The Supreme Court, the ones empowered by that same Constitution to interpret that foundation, have repeatably reaffirmed this time and time again. The 2nd Amendment isn't what allows US Citizens to have fire arms, their natural rights as humans do. The 2nd Amendment just spells it out plain and clear in such a way that there is very little confusion. Only by reading it upside down, in a mirror, while smoking crack and poping LSD could someone misconstrue its meaning.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-12-03 02:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

I'm assuming this is directed at me? The come and take it flag?

Asura.Saevel said: »
The USA is a created nation, fabricated from 13 independent nation states that can be colonized by Europeans, mostly British. It was not created as a single country but as a Union of several other smaller independent nation-states acting as a whole while still maintaining their individual sovereignty.

I think a lot of progressives forget this actually.

Asura.Saevel said: »
The 2nd Amendment isn't what allows US Citizens to have fire arms, their natural rights as humans do. The 2nd Amendment just spells it out plain and clear in such a way that there is very little confusion. Only by reading it upside down, in a mirror, while smoking crack and poping LSD could someone misconstrue its meaning.
Probably gonna steal that from you sometime.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-12-03 02:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Artemicion said: »

I'm assuming this is directed at me? The come and take it flag?

Yeah, not sure what that odd object was in the flag or what it's particularly insinuating.
By Altimaomega 2015-12-03 03:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
At the minor skirmish known as the Battle of Gonzales—the first battle of the Texas Revolution against Mexico—a small group of Texans successfully resisted the Mexican forces who had orders from Col. Domingo de Ugartechea to seize their cannon. As a symbol of defiance, the Texans had fashioned a flag containing the phrase "come and take it" along with a black star and an image of the cannon which they had received four years earlier from Mexican officials. This was the same message that was sent to the Mexican government when they told the Texans that they had to return their cannon; failure to comply with the Mexicans' original demands led to the failed attempt by the Mexican military to forcefully take back the cannon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_take_it
By Altimaomega 2015-12-03 03:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would put this into Random P&R but since everyone is already talking about guns here.

Looks like when Obama says common sense gun laws he means this.
Very long wall-o-text.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-03 06:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This a gun debate now? Go to RP&R.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14