WTB WoC/AV2 & Kirrin V2 wins
First Page 2
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2015-11-19 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to buy Warder of Corage and Kirrin wins for Aeonic. I will not buy kirrin win without WoC win but I will buy WoC win without Kirrin win. Please send me a price via PM or /tell in game. Also if I cant get this done on Asura I may consider transferring to get it done, if the price is right. so if your on another server and are willing to do it send a price.
Thanks
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-11-19 11:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And so it begins...
[+]
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2015-11-19 11:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
And so it begins...

I had a feeling the first reply to this post would say that
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-19 11:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arnan said: »
Looking to buy Warder of Corage and Kirrin wins for Aeonic. I will not buy kirrin win without WoC win but I will buy WoC win without Kirrin win. Please send me a price via PM or /tell in game. Also if I cant get this done on Asura I may consider transferring to get it done, if the price is right. so if your on another server and are willing to do it send a price.
Thanks
To my knowledge there is not a single group on asura that has a warder of courage kill complete. And even cross server only 1 or 2 that are close to getting thier first kill in, exluding the one jp group. However if you wish to discuss price in PM for escha kirin you can send one to myself. Believe there is only two groups that have kills on it on asura.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-11-19 11:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to farm 11 million silt and brew it!
[+]
 Asura.Arnan
By Asura.Arnan 2015-11-19 11:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Thanks
To my knowledge there is not a single group on asura that has a warder of courage kill complete. And even cross server only 1 or 2 that are close to getting thier first kill in, exluding the one jp group. However if you wish to discuss price in PM for escha kirin you can send one to myself. Believe there is only two groups that have kills on it on asura.

I thought you guys already beat it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2015-11-19 11:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oi, i thought kirin was easy enough to shoutgroup. I got pulled into two separate clears on him at least.

As for woc, has the general requirements been figured out? I remember some thing about not curing 'too much' to prevent bene as well as something with him winding up for a collosal blow.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-19 12:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Thanks

Nah he can't play all of his party members at once well enough to do that :P
In all honesty, beyond the very first day they introduced WoC we have not had any legitimate atempts at it and more than likely I will be tri-boxing on our first win for it. Also albeit flattering I don't typically play more than three and would need to let the people I do play with take credit for work we do to get kills done. That and keep giving me a reason to keep playing XD

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-19 12:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks

Nah he can't play all of his party members at once well enough to do that :P
In all honesty, beyond the very first day they introduced WoC we have not had any legitimate atempts at it and more than likely I will be tri-boxing on our first win for it. Also albeit flattering I don't typically play more than three and would need to let the people I do play with take credit for work we do to get kills done. That and keep giving me a reason to keep playing XD

Lol "let" them "take credit"

FFXI,srzs bzns.
Yes as in the friends and linkshellmates that I play with are the ones winning the fight. You sure fixate on some weird things.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-19 12:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/eats some more popcorn.

Nothing like good old Asura drama.
[+]
By geigei 2015-11-19 13:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt sell a WoC clear, you must be worthy to wield an aeonic.

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2015-11-19 13:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta use those beads...inb4 AM's burst break cap by a lot!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-19 14:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What prices are people setting for these wins, out of curiosity?
[+]
By geigei 2015-11-19 14:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody set anything yet and i wouldnt be surprised if nobody will, jeuno doesnt need more gimp players with aeonic.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-19 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
What prices are people setting for these wins, out of curiosity?

Considering there are less WoC kill than tojil kill pre-ilv, I bet it'd be around 70M~100M since tojil clear used to be 50M pre-ilv?
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-11-19 17:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine at least 100 mil all things considered for WoC alone. Without the campaign I think you'd be lucky to make 100k silt an hour so a brew is at least worth 110 hours of your time.

Also speculation here but I imagine they add a requirement for all resenjima NMs in the next update for aeonic weapons. Some are easy but others you'll be looking to buy as well if you can't clear Kirin.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-19 17:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Nobody set anything yet and i wouldnt be surprised if nobody will, jeuno doesnt need more gimp players with aeonic.
Why would any group care if a gimp player gets Aeonic as long as they get paid for it? I'm sure people will sell Kirin if they haven't already and the only reason WoC isn't being sold is that it simply hasn't been killed by more than a few people.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-11-19 17:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it is sad players have to resort to buying wins on any MMORPG and especially one that has confirmed no new content.

Arnan, if you need a EU based LS to draw help from let me know when I cba to be on in-game. Although said 2 wins is most probably out of my league at present.

I don't blame you or anyone spending Gil on wins. I'm not judging.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-19 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masrur said: »
I think it is sad players have to resort to buying wins on any MMORPG and especially one that has confirmed no new content.

Arnan, if you need a EU based LS to draw help from let me know when I cba to be on in-game. Although said 2 wins is most probably out of my league at present.

It's basically always existed in FFXI and every other MMO, it's not like this is some new phenomenon.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-11-19 17:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They have already confirmed new battlefields. Still will have new content we won't have any more major expansions however.
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2015-11-19 17:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

It's basically always existed in FFXI and every other MMO, it's not like this is some new phenomenon.

Just because this aspect exists in all MMORPG doesn't means it's right. The ideology behind and MMORPG is to play, enjoy and progress the game with other real life people.

Of course this is my thinking and my preference. As I said. I'm not judging. Personally if I see people need help, I will help and band like minded players together and accomplish xyz event together.

There are people willing to help for free. That level 75 summoner who solo'd my RDM AF hat fight when I lvl 60... Free! When others wanted 1 million Gil... Over 10 years ago!

FF14 with duty finder is an example of developers combating this sad wtb events situation. A step in the right direction (although not without it's headaches).

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-11-19 18:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

not to mention duty finder can't even do any of the worthwhile dungeons
[+]
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-11-19 19:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to pay for clears make a group of people capable of tackling the current content. You'll have to incrementally improve your gear from lower level content before you can take on things like WoC and Kirin but absolutely no one is impeding you from doing so. To be honest I have more respect for players capable of clearing content on their own than those who pay for clears.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-11-19 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FF14 with duty finder is an example of developers combating this sad wtb events situation. A step in the right direction (although not without it's headaches).
Funny, I remember how much people would pay for Titan EX clears to get their relics on 14 because duty finder groups simply would fail at them 99% of the time.

The only game I've seen that really managed to curb people buying clears was modern day WoW because they basically made all the gear exactly the same no matter the difficulty just with incrementally better stats. There's no Aeonic/Relic/Ridill/whatever to strive after. Which also makes the game way more boring.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-19 21:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
If you don't want to pay for clears make a group of people capable of tackling the current content. You'll have to incrementally improve your gear from lower level content before you can take on things like WoC and Kirin but absolutely no one is impeding you from doing so. To be honest I have more respect for players capable of clearing content on their own than those who pay for clears.

I'd say getting clear for high end content has more to do with your connections(and people skills/leadership skills), and less to do with personal playing skill. Don't get me wrong, personal playing skills and gears are still important, but the community tend to overestimate the importance of personal playing skill and gear sets, and underestimate the importance of people skill/leadership skills in FFXI.

Back when legion and pre-ilv delve was was the hardest content, I tried at least 2 different LS/hybrid LS/circle of friends PUG until I got my Mul/pre-ilv delve1 clear. My personal playing skill/gear didn't change at all, but with some groups it's slightly easier and some groups are so much harder, even though every group uses the same strat and had same lv of gears. Those successful groups tend to have more trust between members and leaders, they can tolerate mistakes from other members and they don't ***on one person if one person make a small mistake. They also have 100% trust on leader's judgement instead of spamming /tells to leader by asking for different strat.

And the less successful ones, such as PUG or hybrid LS group, or group with small circle of friends, tend to have very little trust between leaders and members, and they're unable tolerate failure or pt members making very small mistakes. The result is that the overall party performance decreased even if every member has decent gear/skills.

tl;dr: if your LS isn't big enough to at least fill up the key role of the party, it'd be incredibly hard to do very high end content even if you /shout for well geared people and filter out undergeared players. Most of the time it really has nothing to do with personal play skill nor gear set level, but more to do with leader's ability to make the entire group stick together.
[+]
First Page 2