Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG WS help
DRG WS help
First Page 2
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-02 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone I was curious to see if anyone could check out my DRG WS gear and tell me if it looks alright. I'm trying to improve the rings, neck, head, back, legs, feet lol just to slightly better things with more acc and str. Thanks
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=106487
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 17:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks good to me, legs seem to need the most noticeable upgrade, depends on how many hits you land on avg, Mke head w/ WS ACC +15 and the STR would be a nice 2 in 1 piece, if you are missin hits, potent belt might be better, Heca feet are very nice. Could also use Heca head, giving more acc and dmg then what u use now, but less acc and more dmg then Mke head.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill asssume by ws you mean drakesbane... that being said obviously upgrading your gloves to +1. As well as either MKE head or heca or maats cap... heca legs and feet. Foragers back or maybe even cuch might be better. Whatever sea torque for neck... though love torque might do better cause in this case. Something anything on the ranged/ammo slot. Tiphia sting.. the dex bow... the str ones something. Um str earring. Flame rings. Maybe some more acc depending on how much your hitting
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-02 17:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well is the brutal worth keeping in for WS? I wanted to keep the Fowling in there for the ACC and STR. Working on Aurum legs for STR / DEX / ACC and maybe even attack havent looked at them recently.... Unlocking Drakesbane atm 3316/4460 WS points to go lol. Progressing in Nyzul as I unlock it. Might get Tiphia for ACC
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 17:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

brutal.... probably not str or dex or even attack/acc might be better... some of aurum is good forget what peices. Yeah tiphia is pretty solid though considering drg gets the short end of the stick on that slot hell untill recently alot of slots... some of askar would be good too I think... like head is good ws assuming you dont have better
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-02 17:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its sorta a fresh 75 been working on drakes, gear, merits sorta at the same time lol Bought the Zahak's because I heard its a pretty solid WS piece for drg. Going to get the MKE head aswell as the sea gorget once I unlock drakes
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-09-02 17:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
brutal.... probably not str or dex or even attack/acc might be better...

Please get off the boards if your going to say stupid ***like this.

DO NOT take off your brutal unless you are doing asuran fists
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-09-02 17:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP.

Tiphia sting, SCNM orc hat or heca hat, Love torq / Sea Gorget, flame ring + rajas ring, askar / aurum legs, heca feet.

Grab those and you'll be solid.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 17:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Could do something similar to this
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=106496

Heavy STR +, but not totally gimped on acc, Aurum legs have - atk, so i went Askar for a nice mix, neck slot open for w/e sea torque is Penta/Drakes, torques rape love torque for WS, because you are a DRG, u have +22 Acc from bonus, and using 2hand that DEX is put to good use, Drakesbane is pure STR 50% Mod, and is crit w/ TP, so, its Raging Rish for DRG lol, that set having Heavy str and still very nice Dex+ would work well.

That set has 91% Acc Drg/Sam w/ Hasso on Vs Greater Colibri, sea torque boosting that even more, so I think ur good in the acc department there.

Edit**

That acc rating is w/ 8/8 Polearm.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-02 17:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh I can't get the ragas since i'm pretty much full time RDM so tamas is alot better for me.... so should i just get another Flame ring then?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 17:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
To the OP.

Tiphia sting, SCNM orc hat or heca hat, Love torq / Sea Gorget, flame ring + rajas ring, askar / aurum legs, heca feet.

Grab those and you'll be solid.

He said it faster ;p, I assume you chose a dif ring for CoP, so i did Flames, cuz Rajas would be amazing in that set for even more Acc/Dex, and do NOT take off brutal, like he said, unless for Asuran or if you are using Warriors Charge for SC
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-09-02 17:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

Heavy STR +, but not totally gimped on acc, Aurum legs have - atk, so i went Askar for a nice mix, neck slot open for w/e sea torque is Penta/Drakes, torques rape love torque for WS, because you are a DRG, u have +22 Acc from bonus, and using 2hand that DEX is put to good use, Drakesbane is pure STR 50% Mod, and is crit w/ TP, so, its Raging Rish for DRG lol, that set having Heavy str and still very nice Dex+ would work well.

That set has 91% Acc Drg/Sam w/ Hasso on Vs Greater Colibri, sea torque boosting that even more, so I think ur good in the acc department there.

Edit**

Askar legs are better, but aurum are a decent option if you don't do nyzul.
As far as sea torqs raping love torqe = /no.

To OP about rings:

If you literally only use rdm EVER for events then stick with tamas, but if you do ever use drg, rajas will do more for your drg than tamas ever will for a mage. For rdm tamas is pretty easily replaced with aqua/snow but nothing can replace rajas for a melee.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 18:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Dasva said:

For ws... sure cause that low *** double attack is gonna outdo consistency?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 18:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Rumaha said:

Edit**

Askar legs are better, but aurum are a decent option if you don't do nyzul.
As far as sea torqs raping love torqe = /no.

I meant gorget for WS, in Drakesbane case Flame Gorget, and wouldnt the acc and dmg gorget boost do better then Dex and SKill?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 18:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Frobeus said:
Dasva said:

For ws... sure cause that low *** double attack is gonna outdo consistency?

5% isnt low, adding on the 2% from pole grip, you almost at /war base of 10%, and adding an entire hit to a WS Vs, what 2 str would add.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 18:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the tp mod is only added to first hit and gorget only adds 10acc while love is 5dex which if I remember right for 2hd weapon 4dex=3acc so thatd be about 3-4 acc added on to the 7ish from skill and the attack from skill and the +crit from the dex on all the hits of DB...
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 18:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
the tp mod is only added to first hit and gorget only adds 10acc while love is 5dex which if I remember right for 2hd weapon 4dex=3acc so thatd be about 3-4 acc added on to the 7ish from skill and the attack from skill and the +crit from the dex on all the hits of DB...

Wiki said:

Flame Gorget.

Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1 and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill.

5 dex would end up = 3 acc for a hume /sam, 65 + 33 Dex = 98 +5 = 103, odd end, and im looking at Gorget > Torque from a SAM perspective where DMG is mod, so id have to see them compared.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

5% isnt low, adding on the 2% from pole grip, you almost at /war base of 10%, and adding an entire hit to a WS Vs, what 2 str would add.

Depends on what you mean by low... even at 0 base double attack its just about 1/20 chance to get another hit... and well a little lower thanks to acc caps and such. That extra hit is gonna be just another 25% dmg assuming it does hit. So getting +25% dmg ever 20 ws... thats like barely over an average of +1% per ws
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 18:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Dasva said:

Wiki said:

Flame Gorget.

Increases fTP multiplier by +0.1 and adds some amount of accuracy to all hits of the Weapon Skill.

5 dex would end up = 3 acc for a hume /sam, 65 + 33 Dex = 98 +5 = 103, odd end, and im looking at Gorget > Torque from a SAM perspective where DMG is mod, so id have to see them compared.

Not sure what you mean by dmg is a mod... that .1 is the ftp which means dmg mod. Also pentathrust tp mod is acc so yeah dex wouldn't do jack for crits however dex is a stat mod for it... though only 20%
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 18:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So, Raenyong tells me 117 Dex Caps crit rate for Greater birds, and this set gives Hume Drg/Sam 117 on the dot, so I think this might be worth looking at,

Greater Coli Agi being 67, +50 over there agi (117) dex+ crit cap

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=106516

Edit**

Hume drg/sam base 65 Dex, +52(Rajas lie)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 18:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds about right but I've always had hard time finding things like agi/vit/def and such on specific mobs to get exact numbers for the math. Where does he find them anways? Or just lots of testing?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 18:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Sounds about right but I've always had hard time finding things like agi/vit/def and such on specific mobs to get exact numbers for the math. Where does he find them anways? Or just lots of testing?

Wiki lists Greater Coli, only mob that is has been done for

Edit**

I had Heca legs in there, way over 117
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 18:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is some of the heca nq and some HQ? Also critting is nice but really that last bit is really dimishing returns Might not alot of attack on the legs be better? Idk not sure what your pdif is on the birds or acc for taht matter
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 18:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Why is some of the heca nq and some HQ? Also critting is nice but really that last bit is really dimishing returns Might not alot of attack on the legs be better? Idk not sure what your pdif is on the birds or acc for taht matter

i was aiming for 117 w/o having staggering gear, he was like "Make a 117 attainable set" so i only did 1 +1 piece, coulda ganked w/ like a Thunder Ring lol, or i can upgrade ***but meh
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-09-02 19:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been said yet is a better weapon. Now, don't get my wrong the thallo is great, but with some luck you can get a Fay Lance with some good upgrades. Some lucky punk on my server had dmg+5, +3 str, +2 dex (might have been +3, I don't recall 100%).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-09-02 19:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would argue that Thal is almost always gonna be better, since the -evasion helps both you and your party (lets you wear more haste/attack/whatever for the duration and it procs fairly often).

Crit cap from DEX on any mob is (its AGI + 50), and level 82 Gcolis have 67 AGI if you're wondering where 117 comes from~
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-02 19:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I just didn't know where you got bird agi... really wish more mobs had stats listed lol. But yeah weapon is iffy. Sure one might techniqually ws better but one might tp better and cant just switch out... its not like your 2hring on sam lol
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-02 19:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Yeah I just didn't know where you got bird agi... really wish more mobs had stats listed lol. But yeah weapon is iffy. Sure one might techniqually ws better but one might tp better and cant just switch out... its not like your 2hring on sam lol

They fight for hours on end, and change DEX amounts till they hit a crit cap
 Fairy.Seriin
Server: Fairy
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2009-09-02 19:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but in my time using Thal I've never known the proc rate on the -eva to be consistent or happen when I needed it to. Farming, very often, but even on merit mobs it just never seemed to want to go a whole lot.

~just my two cents anyway. I prefer using the Fay, but I respect a choice to stick with Thallo.
 Phoenix.Astronym
Server: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-09-02 19:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure for two handers, since they only have one opportunity to DA on a ws, but for one handers, the brutal has been proven mathematically over time to add more dmg because of the procurement of DA in a ws. we have two opportunities for it to proc though, so im not sure how it works with two handers, although from what people are saying it looks like the brutal will also consistently beat out any other option or an earring due to the fact that over time the DA will procure enough in Ws's to lead to more dmg.
First Page 2