Rhapsody's Of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 Step By Step.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Rhapsody's of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 step by step.
Rhapsody's of Vana'diel: Chapter 3 step by step.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-11-10 21:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
Is there a way to get to the new zone with out having all of the last chapters missions done to lazy to do them on Alts?
You can get into Reisenjima as long as you've completed RoV chapter 2. Though you'll hit a roadblock at Tears of the Generals if you haven't completed up to a certain point in the SoA storyline. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47983-What-should-I-do-if-I-can%E2%80%99t-progress-in-Rhapsodies-of-Vana%E2%80%99diel
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-11-10 22:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the ki's grant any bonuses like the last 6 did?
By Elazar1 2015-11-10 22:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Elazar1 said: »
Is there a way to get to the new zone with out having all of the last chapters missions done to lazy to do them on Alts?
You can get into Reisenjima as long as you've completed RoV chapter 2. Though you'll hit a roadblock at Tears of the Generals if you haven't completed up to a certain point in the SoA storyline. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47983-What-should-I-do-if-I-can%E2%80%99t-progress-in-Rhapsodies-of-Vana%E2%80%99diel
yeah they have SoA finished but I never finished RoV 2 on them because they needed white gate or WoG which ever one is needed forgot. Ah well to lazy to do that for them lol
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-11-10 23:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »

Yep, as listed here.
 Leviathan.Frostrike
Server: Leviathan
user: Frostrike
By Leviathan.Frostrike 2015-11-10 23:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere but teleporting from Ethereal Ingress #1 using "Scintillating Rhapsody" KI takes you to Reisen portal #8. There you will find two gobs Emporox and Temprix. After giving Temprix 10 eschan beads Emporox will tell you he's fond of merit points and can store up to 100million of them. For the first stage he asks for 100 merit points. He does not come out and say what depositing is for (nor do I have enough to check out what it is) but I suspect its for the new aoenic weapons.
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-11-10 23:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »

Yep, as listed here.

Meh I thought they would give some better bonuses the cp points +60% is nice though.

Leviathan.Frostrike said: »
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere but teleporting from Ethereal Ingress #1 using "Scintillating Rhapsody" KI takes you to Reisen portal #8. There you will find two gobs Emporox and Temprix. After giving Temprix 10 eschan beads Emporox will tell you he's fond of merit points and can store up to 100million of them. For the first stage he asks for 100 merit points. He does not come out and say what depositing is for (nor do I have enough to check out what it is) but I suspect its for the new aoenic weapons.

100,000,000 merits? There is no way an aeonic will take that many merits I mean yes they are easy to get but 100mil is a little idiotic
 Leviathan.Frostrike
Server: Leviathan
user: Frostrike
By Leviathan.Frostrike 2015-11-11 00:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

100,000,000 merits? There is no way an aeonic will take that many merits I mean yes they are easy to get but 100mil is a little idiotic

He just said that's how much he can store in that pot. You can then trade from the pot to him to complete the stage.

Giving Temprix enough eschan beads (or pretty stones as he calls it) will open up dialogue that will allow you to purchase a malformed weapon. I'm currently on samurai (with 200 job points and with 1 merit on tachi:shoha) and he offered me a malformed great katana for 50k beads.

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 00:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to do something incredibly stupid and hand over my Balrahn's Eyepatch to this guy.
By Malebolge 2015-11-11 00:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone's gotta try it.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 00:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Trading the Balrahn's Eyepatch lets you buy (500 merits each)
o Valhalla gear
o Hofud
o Valkyrie's Fork

...and that's it for Tier 1

Another eyepatch required for Tier 2.
[+]
By Malebolge 2015-11-11 00:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds super worth it. How long do Eyepatches take to farm nowadays?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 00:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

99 crystal petrifacts gives you (500 merits each):
o All the craftable lv90 bodies
o All the suboptimal weapons

198 petrifacts for next stage
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 00:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Malebolge said: »
Does the goblin ask for anything new?

It's a tiered system, trading one set of items gives you "1 goodness"

I'm assuming the prizes get better as you progress down a track
By Kooljack 2015-11-11 00:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Malebolge said: »
Also you have to zone into Whitegate and get the Trust ciphers from the last chapter again.

thank you a million for this.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 00:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I regret everything
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-11 01:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a minute. Wait.

He wants you to give him... 500 merit points... for a hofud... AFTER you gave him a Balrahn's Eyepatch?

[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 01:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
Wait a minute. Wait.

He wants you to give him... 500 merit points... for a hofud... AFTER you gave him a Balrahn's Eyepatch?

yeah it's *** ***
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-11 01:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that now you have to be the guy that buys another and gives it to him in the name of science right?

Your name will forever be in the history books and they will dedicate the wiki page to you.

On a serious note: Jesus I'm so sorry lol.....
[+]
 Cerberus.Onvasquez
Server: Cerberus
user: onvasquez
By Cerberus.Onvasquez 2015-11-11 01:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not that curious to have even seen the first tier. Uness SE releases a guide saying I can get a Cats Eye from it then not even a chance that damn gobbie will even see my eye patch
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-11 01:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Elizabet said: »
SMN is really good on the last fight. Flaming Crush, good blood pact.

Gets around the whole "swap absorbs" thing too.

Garuda was win.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-11 01:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
You do realize that now you have to be the guy that buys another and gives it to him in the name of science right?

Your name will forever be in the history books and they will dedicate the wiki page to you.

On a serious note: Jesus I'm so sorry lol.....
I'm a scientist, this is my calling
By Elizabet 2015-11-11 01:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Garuda was win.

And if you so happen to die / reraise constantly.. well it doesnt matter on smn. lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-11 01:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »

Garuda was win.

And if you so happen to die / reraise constantly.. well it doesnt matter on smn. lol.

Yeah, weakness does NOT affect how hard my pet hits.

:D
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-11 03:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can this step be edited?
Quote:
33) Enjoy your fight and amazing Battlefield, you cannot loose here. as you will be arised by iroha if you die.
You can very easily lose, I went in on my PLD/DNC expecting an easy win after reading this, kept getting killed, most notably by back to back quite strong AoE TP moves.

Perhaps I was doing something wrong, I only read up about the damage absorption with the glowing eyes, wasn't really paying attention to damage.

Going to try again with healer trusts + Selh'teus as I have seen suggested, also Iroha broke on me after another death, she just stopped doing anything, just stood there. I thought maybe she'd been hit by a debuff but after several minutes nothing changed.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-11-11 05:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Selh'teus was the clincher for me certainly.

After trying on BLU/WHM with 10 or so reraises and calling any manner of sets of trusts I just couldn't get the last 20% off it.

So I went back in as BST/DNC in twilight, to take any doubt about reraising out of the equation, used Selh'teus + a couple of healers + Koru + Ulmia.
Didn't weapon skill at all and just spammed cure if I got hit with anything. Used a tiger pet and ready move whenever it was up.
Lost one pet at about 50% due to it taking a couple of biggies in a row. And 8 dawn mulsums in total I think it was. Just to save keep recalling pets was all.

Didn't die that time. 10 minute win. Last 20% accounting for 8 of those minutes lol.
Whenever I noticed it absorbing hits I called pet off and ran away for 10 seconds. Left trusts on it. Not one died due to Selh'teus keeping their MP up.
Was a bit lucky it didn't absorb more for sure. Whereas first time definitely got unlucky with the amount of absorbing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By briko 2015-11-11 06:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep seeing everyone say "run away during red" haven't seen anyone actually put what that phase does.

Found this out on accident.
When red glow goes up on head, the first type of damage she takes (magical or physical) will be the type she absorbs). Once I figured this out, I was blu/whm I cast banish 1 right when red showed up, it was absorbed, then I was able to melee the entire time she was red. She will still absorb sc damage cuz that's magical.

As long as you have a job that can do physical and magical damage, you can dps the whole time without fear of hp recovery.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-11 06:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone try summoning trusts while they had hate on the boss? I never did but I was able to resummon trust after dying despite the fact my mule hate enmity on the boss.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-11-11 08:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Did anyone try summoning trusts while they had hate on the boss? I never did but I was able to resummon trust after dying despite the fact my mule hate enmity on the boss.

While having hate no, but when I would die and the npc had hate I had no problem resummoning.
By rcobb 2015-11-11 09:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone stuck on "An Unending Song"? I went step by step and can't seem to get #28-Home Nation Cutscene. I have the KI for beating the BC (26) and got the cut scene (27) but no matter what I do I can't get a CS when I zone into a home nation.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9