The Liberal Media Collection.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » The Liberal Media Collection.
The Liberal Media Collection.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-07 23:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Inaccuracies in Carson's book:
1. There is no scholarship.
It's a book.. explaining that West point is free to anyone that goes after getting recommended/nominated is all summed up in the term Scholarship. Semantics.

2. The general had no powers of nomination. At most he could provide a letter of recommendation to those who could nominate a canidate. (Which any of his JROTC instructors could also do).
Saying a 4-star general has no power is laughable.

3. He wouldn't have to immediately serve in the military after graduating West Point if he was pursuing a medical degree. You can defer your time for post-graduate studies. For example: West Point has produced many Rhode Scholars who immediately entered Oxford after completing their bachelor degree.
So? He didn't even pursue it.. He went to Yale, who cares!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-07 23:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Altimaomega said: »
It's a book.. explaining that West point is free to anyone that goes after getting recommended/nominated is all summed up in the term Scholarship. Semantics.
Explaining in the book that everyone in West Point gets a free education defeats the purpose of saying he got a scholarship.

Saying a 4-star general has no power is laughable.

That's not what I said.

A 4 star general has no power to provide the congressional nomination to West Point or to provide a place in the upcoming class.

He can faciliate it, but he can't provide it. Do you understand the difference?

Quote:
He went to Yale, who cares!
Obviously, you do since you created this thread.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-07 23:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey remember when Hillary claimed to have joined the army? How come the liberal media isn't checking on that?
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-07 23:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Explaining in the book that everyone in West Point gets a free education defeats the purpose of saying he got a scholarship.

So.. Same thing.

That's not what I said.
Yes, it was.

A 4 star general has no power to provide the congressional nomination to West Point or to provide a place in the upcoming class.
Ah, you're ill informed. More than one way into West Point. ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497)
He can faciliate it, but he can't provide it. Do you understand the difference?
Do you?

Obviously, you do since you created this thread.
Sorry, wrong again. I only care because the media apparently has double standards. Who knew!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-07 23:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And this needs its own thread rather than being shoved into the recesses of the P&R Pit o' Doom why?

Edit:

Also,

So.. Same thing.

That's not what I said.
Yes, it was.
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 00:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Because this is a collection of The liberal Media having double standards and playing favorites.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-11-08 00:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Because this is a collection of The liberal Media having double standards and playing favorites.

Does this matter?
Just because "liberals do this too" doesn't mean it's right. Both sides deserve scrutiny. The sins on one side don't cancel out the other side.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-08 00:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So this doesn't fall under politics? Because, if it doesn't, then why would my Partisan Radar go off for no reason?
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 00:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

Does this matter?
Just because "liberals do this too" doesn't mean it's right. Both sides deserve scrutiny. The sins on one side don't cancel out the other side.

The entire point is both sides deserve it but only one side gets it. Not to mention scrutiny is turning into plain ole bias.

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
So this doesn't fall under politics?

You do realize this is the Politics and Religion forum we are in right now right?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-08 00:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So this doesn't fall under politics?

You do realize this is the Politics and Religion forum we are in right now right?

Oh, deary me. And here I thought I was in the Chuck E. Cheese. Do me a favor sonny and get gramma her gin. There's a shiny penny in it for ya!

Again though, I have to ask: Does this really warrant an entire thread, when in all reality, it can be summed up in the exact same nonsense that is seen day in and day out in the Random P&R thread. No new information was brought forth, and it's pretty much been a complete waste of time beyond the typical inane banter (which again, would probably be better suited in the designated place created for this).
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 00:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

designated place created for this
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-11-08 00:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 00:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, instead of spamming this thread that wastes your time take your trolling elsewhere.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-08 01:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, you're ill informed. More than one way into West Point. ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497)

I'm not the one who is ill informed here.

This form you are pointing as a "way into West Point" is the equilivant of a letter of recommendation to a person (department) who has the authority to nominate a person to West Point. Edit: specifically for the instructors which the 4 star general was not Carson's military instructor
Quote:
Army Junior and Senior ROTC Programs and Honor ROTC Units of Other Services
Applicants currently enrolled in an Army Junior or Senior Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program or an ROTC program from another branch of service that has been designated as an Honor Unit with Distinction are eligible for a nomination in this category. A request for a ROTC Nomination should be made through your Professor of Military Science or Senior Instructor who must fill out and submit a Request for ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497) to the Director of Admissions, U.S. Military Academy.

Read the form
http://www.usma.edu/admissions/shared%20documents/rotc_nomination_form_5-497.pdf

Quote:
3. Please check only one of the three blocks to certify your recommendation for a nomination. No candidate will be considered for a nomination in more than one ROTC category.

ROTCJR – The candidate is currently enrolled in an Army JROTC program at the institution listed. I recommend him/her for a nomination for an appointment to the United States Military Academy under the ROTCJR category.

ROTCSR – The candidate is currently enrolled in an Army ROTC progam at the college/university listed. I recommend him/her for a nomination for appointment to the United States Military Academy under the ROTCSR category.

ROTCHM – The candidate will be named an Honor Graduate of the institution listed, and that institution has been named an Honor School with Distinction by DA or other service orders covering the current academic year. I recommend him/her for a nomination for appointment to the United States Military Academy under the ROTCHM category.

(No more than three recommendations will be submitted under this category for the current year.)

Sorry many edits~
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-11-08 02:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Again though, I have to ask: Does this really warrant an entire thread, when in all reality, it can be summed up in the exact same nonsense that is seen day in and day out in the Random P&R thread. No new information was brought forth, and it's pretty much been a complete waste of time beyond the typical inane banter (which again, would probably be better suited in the designated place created for this).

AO is topic banned from Random P+R, so he can't post this stuff in there, that's why it's here.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-08 05:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they're all being "who cares he lied" but hell breaks loose if a democrat says anything remotely inaccurate lol.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 07:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What we seem to have here is a group of people (Carson, his entire campaign staff) that have no idea how West Point works, but they keep trying to talk about it as if they do.

As he has demonstrated, this list also includes altima.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-08 12:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Troll thread is troll?
Thread started about evidence, provides no evidence.
Thread talks about current events that are literally a google search away. Sorry you're lazy and prefer to be ill-informed, I'm not about to form your opinion for you but I'll be happy to debate about it if you ever formed one.
On what? Thread talks about mysterious boogeyman doing boogeyman things.
Give evidence, as best as you can, as to what you claim. Otherwise, it's simply hand-waving and conspiracy theories.

You want to convince someone something strange is going on? You at the very least should point it out.

Drama Torama said: »

AO is topic banned from Random P+R, so he can't post this stuff in there, that's why it's here.
Um. That kinda defeats the point of a topic ban, no?
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2015-11-08 12:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Troll thread is troll?
Thread started about evidence, provides no evidence.
Evidence are for people that want to debate and find out new information by coworking to analyse different information.

When you just want to be right you cover you ears and just start yelling. evidence is not needed for that.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-11-08 13:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He's still allowed to post. If he starts an "Even More Random P+R" or tries to sock around it, that's a different discussion.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-08 13:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

or tries to sock around it
Would he!

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-08 13:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice derail everyone. /golf clap

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-08 13:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Nice derail everyone. /golf clap

[+]
By sockaccount 2015-11-08 16:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He's still allowed to post. If he starts an "Even More Random P+R" or tries to sock around it, that's a different discussion.

As a sock, I find this extremely offensive.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-08 18:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a copy of the material West Point used to recruit African American high school kids.

Wouldn't you know it. "Full Government Scholarship" printed on the front page.

Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-08 18:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares? Carson is still lying about meeting General Westmoreland and being offered a scholarship/nomination, whichever story he and his staff choose to go with.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-08 18:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dr. Ben Carson August 14, 2015
Quote:
The next question is from Bill. He wanted to know if it was true that I was offered a slot at West Point after high school.

Bill, that is true. I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point. But I knew medicine is what I wanted to do. So I applied to only one school. (it was all the money I had). I applied to Yale and thank God they accepted me. I often wonder what might have happened had they said no.