Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windows 10 and Blank windower startup screen
Windows 10 and Blank windower startup screen
By Teapo 2015-10-19 10:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

just like the title states, when i start windower on my windows 10 laptop the screen is blank white on the windower program, but the buttons all seem to still work and i can click where the arrow is (was) and it will launch windower. Anyone else have this problem? I have already been having the problem of FFXI only running with the intergraded graphics and not my 870m. super frustrating
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-10-19 10:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is caused by a bug in WPF (or possibly in some AMD and Intel GPUs, but I believe the fault lies with WPF). I posted a workaround in another thread on the Windower forums.
[+]
By Teapo 2015-10-19 11:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

would windows 10 have a differnt registry name than keys?. microsoft keys or key doesn't seem to be there.
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-10-19 15:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you misunderstand one of the fundamental aspects of the registry. The Windows registry is a hierarchical database. It's partitioned into so-called "hives" and each hive contains a list of "keys". Keys can contain other keys, called "sub keys" and values. A value has a name, a type, and the value itself. The regedit tool uses a file system analogy to make the structure easier to understand. It presents the keys as folders, and lists each key's values in the panel on the right. So when I say "right click on the Microsoft key" I mean right click on the key (i.e. folder) named "Microsoft".
By Teapo 2015-10-19 19:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this workaround, it worked great. Sorry for misunderstanding the instructions. Now if i could only figure out why my Laptop is ignoring my 870m and using integrated graphics when when I specifically tell it to use the 870.
Anyone ever have this issue? I have an ASUS ROG G750JS. There is no reason for this rig to not be able to run FFXI.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [224 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Cnile
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: cnile
By Odin.Cnile 2016-05-30 19:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yes my laptop ignores my 960m for no reason, I have tried everything that is in my limits to solve this but unless there are new bios releases there doesn't seem to be a fix.