Neo-Nyzul Campaign
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Cornmaker
By Quetzalcoatl.Cornmaker 2019-05-13 03:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got a Solstice, Dukkha, Pinga Pumps and a Reive cape so i'd say it's worth it kinda xD
By soralin 2019-05-13 03:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So like, if you're using ja0wait, then you're using tako. so speed roll is irrelevant.

Incorrect.

SE can detect speed hacking and it puts your account at risk. Anyone who claims otherwise at this point doesn't get it.

Ja0Wait is not however. Its within range if lag possibility, so SE doesnt care.

Not comparable. Go ahead speedhack if you want, I'm not risking 14 years of work on speed hacking when I could naturally hit like 180% speed as a cor anyways.

Seems like a dumb thing to risk it on.
By soralin 2019-05-13 03:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
So like, if you're using ja0wait, then you're using tako. so speed roll is irrelevant.

Not defending the idiot but there's a windower plugin that does ja0.

cor/blm is dumb as *** though.

Do you really think /BLM Agas wont be enough to mow down lv 99 trash mobs as a 119 Cor with nuking gear? I dunno, it seems viable. Cor can hit some very high matt/mac numbers, could very well approach one shot range on 99 trash.
By Nariont 2019-05-13 05:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you either vastly overestimate /blm aga dmg or underestimate how much HP these level 99 variants have, can always try and find out for yourself though

not even taking into account the dmg split among multiple targets, your aga2 is garbo
[+]
By Starrman 2019-05-13 10:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a dumb question, but do pulse weapons come from the ???+1 weapons only or can they came from +1/2 boxes? Not sure which I should prioritize.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-05-13 10:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Starrman said: »
Probably a dumb question, but do pulse weapons come from the ???+1 weapons only or can they came from +1/2 boxes? Not sure which I should prioritize.

I believe the "pool" of items is the same for both but the chances for the types of gear may be different between +1/2 appraisal items. It's hard to say for sure, though. Someone earlier said they got AMAN belt from a +1 appraisal.
By eliroo 2019-05-13 10:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is probably the best job but I'd wager the second and third best jobs would be GEO and a Relic RNG. GEO has the same nuking power as BLU and an infinite MP pool and Relic RNG will kill most mobs in 1-2 shots. Obviously you need to be using GS so you don't have to engage to WS. BLM may be good too, never tried it.
By Sidiov 2019-05-13 10:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

+2 boxes are ONLY alex/znm pops/nni gear/alz.table.. no random stuff/items
+1 boxes are like a gobbie key, totally random stuff.
+1 weapons/gear are items related to that type somewhat (ie. a +1 sword is probably a sword, but could be another similar weapon type like dagger, +1 feet are always feet slot items)
[+]
By Starrman 2019-05-13 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick answesrs!
By Sidiov 2019-05-13 10:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »

Incorrect.

SE can detect speed hacking and it puts your account at risk. Anyone who claims otherwise at this point doesn't get it.

Not comparable. Go ahead speedhack if you want, I'm not risking 14 years of work on speed hacking when I could naturally hit like 180% speed as a cor anyways.

Seems like a dumb thing to risk it on.
I am sure things have changed over the years, but JA0Wait was way more dangerous than speed hacking in the past. It was something that was causing a lot of bans for a period of time. Speed never seemed to get anyone in trouble post the zone lock-in change.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 10:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Starrman said: »

I believe the "pool" of items is the same for both but the chances for the types of gear may be different between +1/2 appraisal items. It's hard to say for sure, though. Someone earlier said they got AMAN belt from a +1 appraisal.

The pulse weapons will only appraise from ??? weapons, and generally the only ones of the type where there are pulse weapons.
i.e.
??? sword may appraise into Ephemeron or whatever, but it could also be just a random crap sword of any type (pld sword, fencing sword, all jobs sword, etc)
??? axe may appraise into a Router OR the pulse 1h axe, Aytanri, since both are considered "axes"
??? dagger could be coruscanti or any dagger
??? sash will never be a [pulse weapon], but will be some type of waist armor
??? bow will never be a [pulse weapon] because there are no ranged pulse weapons

As far as priority goes, there is none. Just kill every damn thing on the floor and go to the next, whether by ones or random jumps. Don't skip any NMs. When near a boss, always go up to him to get his +2 box, since it will always be gil spoils like alex or linens whatever. Could even be an alzadaal table or something nice. There's no reason to skip things like ??? footwear since it might appraise into something useful.

Probably worth mentioning that you can't force appraisal items into a pool if you're solo, since it will autofall to you. So you should always have an extra character in the party/zone when you appraise, in case you get something nice, you can shout to sell. I'm sure people will pay 20-30+mil for something like an Alzadaal table. (Also, you will lose rare items you appraise if you already have one, so good practice to keep someone in the party like a mule toon or whatever).
By Sidiov 2019-05-13 10:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The pulse weapons will only appraise from ??? weapons, and generally the only ones of the type where there are pulse weapons.
i.e.
Or +1 boxes. Ie. I got a Girru from a +1 box yesterday.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 10:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the correction. I think the boxes +1 might just be a wildcard/sp dial type of random reward that pulls from any pool of items in the game with the exception of a few. I know the ones that are specific to sash/footwork/weapons are those items. The +2 are aht urghan items.
By SimonSes 2019-05-13 10:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
BLU is probably the best job but I'd wager the second and third best jobs would be GEO and a Relic RNG. GEO has the same nuking power as BLU and an infinite MP pool and Relic RNG will kill most mobs in 1-2 shots. Obviously you need to be using GS so you don't have to engage to WS. BLM may be good too, never tried it.
Doesnt have sense at all to use RNG over COR and I would use Armageddon too. You can use bolters/tactician roll on leader/specific enemy/lamps floors and chaos or rogue with triple shot on kill all floors. You can also use Death Penalty with am3. Double damage should probably also kill trash and you additionally have very strong quick draws.
By volkom 2019-05-13 10:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

the ??? earring could also be something like a telos earring
By eliroo 2019-05-13 10:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Doesnt have sense at all to use RNG over COR and I would use Armageddon too. You can use bolters/tactician roll on leader/specific enemy/lamps floors and chaos or rogue with triple shot on kill all floors. You can also use Death Penalty with am3. Double damage should probably also kill trash and you additionally have very strong quick draws.

Yeah COR could work to. Tact/Bolters and Elemental shots would probably make it better overall. Ranger just shoots faster, but that doesn't mean much if you can't move faster. I'd still consider both good options if you are looking for a job to farm on.
By Sidiov 2019-05-13 10:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much the only monthly event i try to do. I've been hunting the table for a couple years, and I've done at least 500.
The only things I have never seen from any boxes are ilvl af/relic gear (base and the original +1 gear is common), omen bodies (I did get regal cuffs/shulmanu, so general boss drops are there at least), NEW +1 crafted gear (some below level 119 crafted gear will be +1 but never any SU1+ HQ gear), ambuscade gear, Sinister reign gear, and generally the stuff you dont get from gobbie box. I also have not yet got any volte pieces, but I havent done as much NNI event as prior to that being released.

I've got vagary, meeble, salvage, neo salvage, nyzul, nni, garrison, abyssea, conquest, monstrosity, sky, sea, escha, omen, dynamis, SOA, ein, assault, VWNM, VW, ZNM, Limbus, neo limbus, incursion, woe, neo woe, skirmish, alluvian skirmish, legion, stronghold....
geez... how many battle events this game had.....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 11:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one of my favorite time-friendly events I can dive into and shoot my shot at RNGeezus. Very good event. Kind of crappy it came during a CP campaign, since those are my two favorite events and the most productive. I hate choosing between the two.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-13 12:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting to see people espouse the perks of taking RNG or COR into NNI. Yes, you can down most things in 1-2 shots (or if double/triple shot up, one volley), but I much prefer to just run thru the zone aggro'ing everything and then kaboom- one -aga2 spell and 8-15 mobs dead, with maybe the NMs left up and requiring a single target T2-T3 depending on weapon. Since I roll with Claustrum, its not the most potent staff option, but the refresh+15 aftermath keeps me going nonstop.

I may give a ranged job a chance in NNI some time to compare, as my ranged jobs are quite well geared...I just find it hard to believe they'll be faster than magical cleaving options like BLU or BLM.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-05-13 12:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use BST for this campaign myself. Great AoE and it is physical, don't have to worry about soulflayers. Also never requires you to engage, no cast time, etc. Only thing that sucks is not having anything for movement speed, but Bolter's/etc. wear once you get aggro anyway.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 12:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Only drawback of BLU is the rare pathos where spellcasting (or blue magic) is restricted. Thankfully you can just whip out the swords, which makes it a better and faster option than BLM for clearing those floors.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-13 13:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »

This is correct.

Cerberus.Jiko said: »
I -COULD- have misunderstood my SGM friend, but from what I understand, speed hacking (Unless you're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and going 800% or some ***)/clipping characters can only be banned if the character doing so is reported.
This is not. (Though with the mention of misunderstanding, it could be that their current policy is to do nothing about it unless a report is made. They certainly have software in place to detect it.)

Sidiov said: »
I am sure things have changed over the years, but JA0Wait was way more dangerous than speed hacking in the past. It was something that was causing a lot of bans for a period of time. Speed never seemed to get anyone in trouble post the zone lock-in change.
Citation needed. Never heard of a ja0 ban.

Logically, it's extremely easy to track speed hacking. You report your client side position to server every 350ms. The server knows what movement speed you're meant to have, including flee/etc, since it tells the client what speed you run at under normal conditions.

Calculate distance traveled, divide by speed, if you run in a straight line for 700ms then even something as tiny as 5% could be detected. They likely use looser thresholds just in case, but it's extremely easy to detect speed hacks. Sure, they've left their autobanner off for a while, but it's likely still tagging your account in the event it gets reported, and you don't know when or if they'll turn it back on.

Detecting JA0 is all but impossible, only weaponskills and sambas can't be blinked away(which is a client side function), and even ws and sambas can be delayed by over a second using blinks. Server could even fail to send you the packet saying your ability went off, so you didn't know it happened and didn't get slowed down. There are far too many ways for a false positive to come up for this to be autobanned for.

Clipping through terrain is pretty easy to auto detect, if they were so inclined. Clipping through doors requires a multiple state check and as such is almost certainly not auto detected. So, if you use no clip to walk through a locked door, you are generally safe unless reported or observed.
By eliroo 2019-05-13 13:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Logically, it's extremely easy to track speed hacking. You report your client side position to server every 350ms. The server knows what movement speed you're meant to have, including flee/etc, since it tells the client what speed you run at under normal conditions.

Calculate distance traveled, divide by speed, if you run in a straight line for 700ms then even something as tiny as 5% could be detected. They likely use looser thresholds just in case, but it's extremely easy to detect speed hacks. Sure, they've left their autobanner off for a while, but it's likely still tagging your account in the event it gets reported, and you don't know when or if they'll turn it back on.

Pretty sure they don't run this type of check all the time and if they did then stopping it would probably free up a lot of server resources.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-13 13:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure they don't run this type of check all the time and if they did then stopping it would probably free up a lot of server resources.

It's really not as much as you'd think, you can precalculate the max distance per interval for each attainable speed and just use the squares instead of calculating actual distance. Only division really hurts.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-13 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

its not about IF they can detect you. It's do they even care.

and its the latter for a fact unless you are reported by another player. Go sit in mhara with character models displayed at max, you can see speed hacking every 5sec on asura. No one cares, SE doesn't care. Get over it.

On topic, Asteria pulse weapon dropped from a +1 pole ???.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-05-13 13:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

For someone who cares about their account, it actually is about IF they can detect you. We all know they don't currently care, but that's the exact same attitude we had in 2014, and a shitton of people lost their accounts in 2015 when rhapsodies dropped and they turned their banners back on.

You can argue until your face turns blue that it won't happen again, but the truth is that there's always a possibility it will.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-13 13:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

For someone who cares about their account, it actually is about IF they can detect you. We all know they don't currently care, but that's the exact same attitude we had in 2014, and a shitton of people lost their accounts in 2015 when rhapsodies dropped and they turned their banners back on.

You can argue until your face turns blue that it won't happen again, but the truth is that there's always a possibility it will.

No argument there, No one can see the future. though an educated guess that if/when they turn the ban hammer back on, it'll be in 202x for that "big" event.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-05-13 14:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean the big event is clearly banning everyone for using windower. 20th Banniversery Fiesta!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15