Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 13:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Draylo said: »
I can understand the policy even though its dated a bit. I can see none of you have ever lead linkshells successfully. People off doing whatever the *** = nothing gets done. If people constantly skip events except the ones they benefit from then it really isn't a good LS is it? Thankfully most things can be done lowman or solo these days so it isn't even necessary to have a LS at all outside of things like the highest tier of Escha NMs.
He's asking for people within those linkshells, then sets a start time of 8PM EST which is right around the same time as said linkshells. Kinda hard to show up to mandatory events when your LS has some that night too.

I'm asking those people to leave their linkshells (Lunarians/BTL/AD) of course.
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 13:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

If people only come to the events they want to come to, then all sorts of drama starts and the LS falls apart really fast.

This is what I believe, yes.
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 13:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Johnb said: »
I must check our your gear on your main jobs in-game before I give you pearl.
Isn't this the point of joining an event LS? To better gear yourself?

That's outdated. I don't require that anymore.
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 13:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That is why you recruit extra people so you can do events when people don't show up.To kick people for not attending an event is silly.

Our LS is too small at the moment to allow that policy, sorry. We need everyone on the LS or no event will happen.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-12 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hold on guys, let me leave my near-decade long established LS for a completely new one. Good plan.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 14:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Was going to apply, but I'm not a preferred member. Guess I'm sticking to CR.

"Preferred" doesn't mean it is a requirement. You can still join.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-12 14:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things.

1) You can quote multiple posts in one reply, and there's also an edit button.

2) Since you seem especially interested in recruiting from established shells, what exactly do you and your linkshell bring to the table that would give prospective members cause to abandon their current shells?
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 14:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
hold on guys, let me leave my near-decade long established LS for a completely new one. Good plan.

Hey, you never know. Some people might like a smaller LS anyway and we do events that are different. For example, I am open to aeonic clears/hard mode VD clears/ Delve/Vagary [for money/pops] if people want it.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

2) Since you seem especially interested in recruiting from established shells, what exactly do you and your linkshell bring to the table that would give prospective members cause to abandon their current shells?

There is no DKP system in place at the moment, unlike Lunarians and maybe some other LS. Attendance is not currently counted since it is not used for anything at the moment. Items are free lot except when doing things like Delve for Escha - Ru'Aun T3 pops.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-01-12 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand the policy even though its dated a bit. I can see none of you have ever lead linkshells successfully. People off doing whatever the *** = nothing gets done. If people constantly skip events except the ones they benefit from then it really isn't a good LS is it? Thankfully most things can be done lowman or solo these days so it isn't even necessary to have a LS at all outside of things like the highest tier of Escha NMs.
He's asking for people within those linkshells, then sets a start time of 8PM EST which is right around the same time as said linkshells. Kinda hard to show up to mandatory events when your LS has some that night too.

I'm asking those people to leave their linkshells of course.

Right. So what would be the compelling argument to leave these said LS's? What are you offering that is different? It's going to be hard to sway people from an already established LS/friends/DKP system, to a free-for-all on lotting. That coupled with people from those three LS's doing a decent amount of lowman stuff together already.

Edit: Kinda beat by Nightfyre.

and uhhh yeah, GL with that freelot system...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-12 14:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get it why not just join one of those? Tried and got turned down?
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-01-12 14:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-12 14:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, then there was probably a good reason. And very high chances the same people who refused you will not want to be under your lead either.

But gud lac.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-01-12 14:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Welp, then there was probably a good reason. And very high chances the same people who refused you will not want to be under your lead either.

But gud lac.

I know he applied for our ls awhile back, unsure of the reasons the app was declined though.

gl with recruiting peeps though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-12 15:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Being open to doing certain things isn't the same has having the ability to do them. Sure you could get all the talented players on the server but if they don't have a leader to properly organize the fights and establish everyone's individual role in a fight then it's sort of pointless. I'm not trying to be a *** or anything but I think you should start out smaller and have a reason to attract players to your linkshell instead of just working with hypotheticals
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 15:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Being open to doing certain things isn't the same has having the ability to do them. Sure you could get all the talented players on the server but if they don't have a leader to properly organize the fights and establish everyone's individual role in a fight then it's sort of pointless. I'm not trying to be a *** or anything but I think you should start out smaller and have a reason to attract players to your linkshell instead of just working with hypotheticals

Our LS has already done events, mainly Reisenjima and Incursion for T2 pops since it is current. If we can do Reisenjima, I'm pretty sure we can do everything else since Reisenjima is currently the hardest content in-game. The majority of people in the LS didn't want to do anything else so that's all we have done so far.

I'm the leader of the LS so I don't know what you're talking about.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-12 15:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Our LS has already done events, mainly Reisenjima and Incursion for T2 pops since it is current. If we can do Reisenjima, I'm pretty sure we can do everything else since Reisenjima is currently the hardest content in-game. The majority of people in the LS didn't want to do anything else so that's all we have done so far.

T1 and incursion is not hard. Beating T2 u ok. Beating T3 u getting up there. Just Try to understand what some people is trying to say and go from there.

Good luck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-01-12 15:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely misinterpreted what I meant about the leader but okay. T2s are nothing to boast about either considering who your target pool is, I've killed all of them except old schuck and gajasihma in under one minute so it's not like they're particularly hard
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-12 15:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guys killing Reisenjima T4? If not you aren't bring anything that would attract players from the bigger LS.

If your ls is just starting out and you don't have the connection to bring some well geared ppl with you from the bigger ls, your best bet is to lower the requirement, invest time on lesser geared members, get everyone gear up and do harder content.

From my observation, you're trying for a short cut, you don't want to invest time to gear up members and climb the gear ladder, thus the gear requirement and preference from certain LS. And you don't have enough connections to make ppl join your ls. Basically what you're trying here is to have other bigger LS done the member gearing for you, and hoping they'd just abandon their LS to join yours so you get members that's already geared enough to do harder content.

Oh and btw, Reisenjima itself isn't "the hardest content". Most T1 are soloable and T2~3 are can be done with a shout pt with very little coordination. Some NM in escha Ru'aun actually require more coordination/leadership skills than Reisenjima.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-01-12 16:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't brewing reisen mobs, I don't wanna join you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-01-12 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm asking those people to leave their linkshells (Lunarians/BTL/AD) of course.

I'm not sure why you would try to pull members away from already well established end game linkshells, when you could simply avoid that competition in the first place by changing your event time to one that doesn't completely overlap with their event times. Not exactly the smartest recruiting strategy if you ask me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 16:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

I'm not sure why you would try to pull members away from already well established end game linkshells, when you could simply avoid that competition in the first place by changing your event time to one that doesn't completely overlap with their event times. Not exactly the smartest recruiting strategy if you ask me.

It doesn't really work that way. Most people only login for their own linkshell events, especially during weekdays. Also, I like to keep my events 7PM - 11PM. I would be hard pressed to find English/NA people who want to do events from 11PM - 3AM/4AM. And no, Japanese people don't want to join English LS, so that's not an option.
By Bongarippa 2016-01-12 18:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't really work that way. Most people only login for their own linkshell events, especially during weekdays. Also, I like to keep my events 7PM - 11PM. I would be hard pressed to find English/NA people who want to do events from 11PM - 3AM/4AM. And no, Japanese people don't want to join English LS, so that's not an option.

So do as was suggested previously and accept people that aren't already geared with the best stuff. Then you can have your own group, set your own rules, and maybe even make friends with other end game shells. I played with both the Lunarians and BTL when I still played ffxi, and I wouldn't leave either of those shells for a startup ls. What make you think other members of said ls' would?
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-01-12 18:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My point was to think of an earlier start time, or a time on weekends to start out at. Then, when you get enough players, you could make that transition over to a primetime ls slot.

Also, why target these specific linkshells when there is so little probability you will pull players from them? I would target players from PUGs that are looking for an endgame linkshell, or maybe players returning from a break. Anyways, good luck John.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-12 19:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »
What make you think other members of said ls' would?

LSes with smaller amounts of people are easier to get drops in. Less people to compete against. Also, I have a different lotting system than those LS do so everyone has a fair chance with the random number generator(RNG)/lot system regardless of other factors like attendance/point system.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-12 20:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We have zero lotting system in BtL, and we all get along very well. I feel like I'd begin hating people who win everything because they have high DKP all the freaking time.

Good luck Johnb! Shame we couldn't get your Idris in the linkshell. :/
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-01-12 21:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Attendance is mandatory but doesn't count for anything..

And you want high end players to leave their established linkshells to kill low end content..

Are you recruiting people to do stuff for you or attempting to organize a linkshell?
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-13 14:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
Attendance is mandatory but doesn't count for anything..

And you want high end players to leave their established linkshells to kill low end content..

Are you recruiting people to do stuff for you or attempting to organize a linkshell?

There's no reason to count attendance if it's free lot. Plus, if you don't attend and online (not afk), you won't be in the linkshell anymore anyway.

If the events really were all for me, why I would make drops free lot? Besides, I run the events by everyone in the LS and they agree beforehand.