So You Wanna Tank On PUP?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » So you wanna tank on PUP?
So you wanna tank on PUP?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20
By dustinfoley 2016-02-18 07:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a question, but when you /blu

what spells do you set other than blank gaze/jetta

Leveling blu now and learning spells so i wanna make sure i learn the ones i need for /blu.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-19 18:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »

Leveling blu now and learning spells so i wanna make sure i learn the ones i need for /blu.

I think /BLU is completely irrelevant now. OP was back before the Strobe/Flashbulb enmity changes, which totally changed the game for automaton tanking. The reason Tru was using it in the original post was mainly for additional enmity generation, which is a not much of a concern for PUP in the current game.

/WHM is probably the go-to sub now if you're on backline. -na/erase, RR, occasional cures (PUP can get 50% cure potency).

/SCH was more of a thing prior to this month's patch that fixed the bug where you could accession+pro/shell onto a trust and hit the puppet. That no longer works. I suppose /SCH still has a potential use if you're in a party with a bunch of mages and wanted to Accession+Storm them, but that's more niche.

If you're ever in a situation where you are meleeing along with a tanking puppet, the old standbys of /WAR /DNC still remain best. /NIN /RUN have some defensive utility too. Generally though, if you're tanking anything with significant AoE and possible risk of death (anything where the tank going down would be a major problem for your party), you shouldn't melee. Stay safe on the backline and send in the puppet, support with /mage. So master melee is for easier content: CP farming, some low difficulty Escha NMs, maybe Delve stuff, pre-Adoulin content, etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-19 18:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I think /BLU is completely irrelevant now.

Basically it is. THE ONLY REASON TO USE IT is when you are fighting something with sucky hate resets. Dropping a high enmity spell and then ventriloquy is a thing. But you get Flash as /whm I think, which is a thing.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-02-20 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

/WHM is probably the go-to sub now if you're on backline. -na/erase, RR, occasional cures (PUP can get 50% cure potency).
Also PUP can wear some idle refresh gear to make /WHM sort-of workable.
- Orvail Robe (+2 refresh, and lots of extra MP with augmented version)
- Moonshade Earring with Refresh augment
- Stearc Subligar with Refresh augment (took 210 runs of Abyssea Brigid to get mine)

Situational:
- Sanction/Sigil/Kupowers bonuses when applicable
- Arciela's Grace +1 for reives (+10 refresh!)
- Balrahn's Ring in Assault/Salvage/Nyzul
- And you can always go old-school with Yagudo Drink, etc.

...and of course if you can get a RDM or /RDM to cast Refresh on you without laughing. (Thanks Brady for the eternal stigma on DD/WHM.)

Plus, you never have to worry about how to get to Reisenjima, because Teleport-Mea!
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2016-02-20 12:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Wivre hairpin.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-20 14:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Also PUP can wear some idle refresh gear to make /WHM sort-of workable.
- Moonshade Earring with Refresh augment
- Stearc Subligar with Refresh augment (took 210 runs of Abyssea Brigid to get mine)

Situational:
- Sanction/Sigil/Kupowers bonuses when applicable
- Arciela's Grace +1 for reives (+10 refresh!)
- Balrahn's Ring in Assault/Salvage/Nyzul
- And you can always go old-school with Yagudo Drink, etc.

...and of course if you can get a RDM or /RDM to cast Refresh on you without laughing. (Thanks Brady for the eternal stigma on DD/WHM.)

Plus, you never have to worry about how to get to Reisenjima, because Teleport-Mea!

If you rely on armor for refresh, you're sacrificing DT for your puppet, depending on what you are doing, it's probably not ideal. The majority of the time, you're better off with /sch outside of Escha areas, and /whm for inside so long as you have refresh vorseals. While /rdm has it's appeal, reraise is far more important to me than just about anything /rdm has to offer.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-20 19:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
If you rely on armor for refresh, you're sacrificing DT for your puppet, depending on what you are doing, it's probably not ideal. The majority of the time, you're better off with /sch outside of Escha areas, and /whm for inside so long as you have refresh vorseals. While /rdm has it's appeal, reraise is far more important to me than just about anything /rdm has to offer.

Yeah, I basically just rely on vorseals and /whm in Escha, which is plenty for erase/-na and the occasional cure (you really aren't there as a primary healer or anything). Plus, there are temps if for whatever reason you do run out of MP and need more. And of course, could ask for a refresh if anyone else in the group has it.

I don't find myself doing a ton of non-Escha tanking, but even for stuff like UNM and SR I've found them to go fast enough that I'm not really burning through my MP anyway. UNM easier than SR for repeated attempts since it refills MP on pop. SR you might need to refill some MP in between entries, so I guess there's that as a consideration.

For Incursion, I do bring PUP often but I tend to just come /DNC and melee. It's kinda nice too when clearing adds, I send the puppet off to a corner tanking the NM and help the group clear the area of the trash.

I don't really do much Delve these days period, much less on PUP tanking. But I guess that's something where MP management would matter a bit more.
 Shiva.Rickis
Server: Shiva
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2016-02-21 03:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

when i do apex on pup, i do SP -> String shredder. With fire/light/thunder up. Pet tanks, holds agro fine, and then closes darkness skill chain, so i want it to be ready to ws as soon as I am ready. Obviouslly different strat than high end boss tanking.

This is exactly what I do, and I agree it works REALLY well. Tank + solo SC maker all in one is pretty awesome

May I know which trust and apex you are doing? i was with apex bats but it is super slow...
By dustinfoley 2016-02-22 08:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a crab party with my pet + me + 5 mages, i wasnt using trusts, they are about worthless on anything over i122.

I havent tried solo apex yet so i cant comment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-22 09:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dustin, your comment reminds me about something useful to do on PUP. Purposefully flooring your automaton's accuracy.

In an Apex party the other night we were doing the skillchain method on Apex Bats in Dho gates. Because of how important each step is, you really want to make sure that your puppet never uses a WS. Luckily, there is a useful attachment for just that. Smokescreen!

It's not a HUGE help until you start dropping dark maneuvers into it, but our PUP tank was able to drop his automaton's accuracy to below 900.

Also, if you know for a fact whatever you are fighting cannot hurt you, USE A LOWER LEVEL ANIMATOR(If somehow accuracy is an issue[it really shouldn't be]). Your puppet can tank apex mobs perfectly fine assuming you have good tanking gear and at least 100jp spent.

Eventually, your puppet will get TP from just getting his ***kicked in, but it ought to be infrequent enough that you can use Tactical Switch, dump your tp on master by swaping your main hand, and be good to go again.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-02-22 09:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you rely on armor for refresh, you're sacrificing DT for your puppet
Well then it's a good thing I said "idle", right?

With PUP/WHM you shouldn't be using enough MP to need refresh gear during combat, even when it's pet-only. And even when you do put it on, 1/tick from Moonshade Earring should be enough to get you back by the time you need it again. Wearing 4 or 5 refresh is for when you're recovering from Bad Stuff, like weakened after a wipe. At that point you probably need the MP to help get everybody else raised.

If you need HP badly, you should be going for Role Reversal, not Cure IV. Automaton regen is so overpowered these days that it's not going to mind being at low HP for a moment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-22 09:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you rely on armor for refresh, you're sacrificing DT for your puppet
Well then it's a good thing I said "idle", right?

With PUP/WHM you shouldn't be using enough MP to need refresh gear during combat, even when it's pet-only. And even when you do put it on, 1/tick from Moonshade Earring should be enough to get you back by the time you need it again. Wearing 4 or 5 refresh is for when you're recovering from Bad Stuff, like weakened after a wipe. At that point you probably need the MP to help get everybody else raised.

If you need HP badly, you should be going for Role Reversal, not Cure IV. Automaton regen is so overpowered these days that it's not going to mind being at low HP for a moment.

I'm guessing you are talking about solo? I'm usually helping to cure/erase/na/stoneskin/raise my entire party/alliance(goddamn Beastmasters be taking hits) WHILE TANKING, so a 1mp tick of refresh ain't gunna cut it.

Vagary in particular is where I usually notice the largest strain on my MP.

Speaking of which, A stoneskin set +/sch for light arts and accession is pretty bitchin'.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-22 17:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1) This doesn't account for other players. Like Tru, I toss a decent amount of cures on BSTs in AoE range.

2) Role Reversal is there in an emergency, or if I feel whatever the puppet is tanking is zero threat. But hell if I'm gonna intentionally drop my puppet to low HP when tanking something of consequence when I can get the same effect dropping a cure on myself considering I nearly always have plenty of MP. Plus there are RR/Repair timers to think of.

I really don't mind just standing around by myself on some Escha NM and topping my HP off with a quick Cure IV and reapply Stoneskin if I take AoE damage. There's no reason at all to have to rely on Role Reversal in such a situation.

Personally, I wouldn't waste the inventory when Vrikodara Jupon (Refresh+2, PDT-3%, Cure Pot+13%) exists with same refresh and also serves other purposes. Yeah, you lose the extra MP on Orvail but I don't really care - I swap bodies in maneuver anyway so the advantage is erased even if you did let the refresh take you to full MP.

I use Vrikodara for idle (refresh/PDT) as well as cures - and it saves inventory by doing all of that in one piece.

For cures, 2nd best potency in the slot (2 behind Heka), but 12 more MND and you can cap potency anyway without that 2%. I guess some people might still lug Heka around for CCT-, but personally I don't care to take the inventory loss on dedicated CCT- gear for the fairly small amount of curing I do on PUP/mage.

Smokescreen!

Yep! Smokescreen is actually a staple for me in my tanking attachments these days when I'm doing anything with SC/MB strat, precisely for that reason. Takes one of the couple slots I generally have free to play around with. On a related note, I've also learned to totally love mobs with TP reset moves!

Oh... specific NM question too:
Anyone have experience with Duke Vepar and know what the heck is occasionally 1-shotting my puppet? Sometimes the fights are stupid easy and that never happens, but occasionally the puppet just dies and I am not sure exactly why. Is it some combination of enfeebles, some buff on the NM, a certain move that I'm missing, an en-death effect, or what? Might have something filtered out, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Can generally re-summon the puppet OK but it does make the fight messy. Or sometimes we'll have a backup tank anyway (especially since it's easy to do Duke in the same session as Vir'ava where a supertank add-holder is nice, and then not change pt jobs). But I still want to know what's happening...
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-22 18:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1) This doesn't account for other players. Like Tru, I toss a decent amount of cures on BSTs in AoE range.

2) Role Reversal is there in an emergency, or if I feel whatever the puppet is tanking is zero threat. But hell if I'm gonna intentionally drop my puppet to low HP when tanking something of consequence when I can get the same effect dropping a cure on myself considering I nearly always have plenty of MP. Plus there are RR/Repair timers to think of.

I really don't mind just standing around by myself on some Escha NM and topping my HP off with a quick Cure IV and reapply Stoneskin if I take AoE damage. There's no reason at all to have to rely on Role Reversal in such a situation.

Personally, I wouldn't waste the inventory when Vrikodara Jupon (Refresh+2, PDT-3%, Cure Pot+13%) exists with same refresh and also serves other purposes. Yeah, you lose the extra MP on Orvail but I don't really care - I swap bodies in maneuver anyway so the advantage is erased even if you did let the refresh take you to full MP.

I use Vrikodara for idle (refresh/PDT) as well as cures - and it saves inventory by doing all of that in one piece.

For cures, 2nd best potency in the slot (2 behind Heka), but 12 more MND and you can cap potency anyway without that 2%. I guess some people might still lug Heka around for CCT-, but personally I don't care to take the inventory loss on dedicated CCT- gear for the fairly small amount of curing I do on PUP/mage.

Smokescreen!

Yep! Smokescreen is actually a staple for me in my tanking attachments these days when I'm doing anything with SC/MB strat, precisely for that reason. Takes one of the couple slots I generally have free to play around with. On a related note, I've also learned to totally love mobs with TP reset moves!

Oh... specific NM question too:
Anyone have experience with Duke Vepar and know what the heck is occasionally 1-shotting my puppet? Sometimes the fights are stupid easy and that never happens, but occasionally the puppet just dies and I am not sure exactly why. Is it some combination of enfeebles, some buff on the NM, a certain move that I'm missing, an en-death effect, or what? Might have something filtered out, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Can generally re-summon the puppet OK but it does make the fight messy. Or sometimes we'll have a backup tank anyway (especially since it's easy to do Duke in the same session as Vir'ava where a supertank add-holder is nice, and then not change pt jobs). But I still want to know what's happening...

I remember occasionally seeing this too. Tbh, it's been a long time since I was doing Duke often, but I seem to recall something he did inflicted Doom.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-02-23 01:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember occasionally seeing this too. Tbh, it's been a long time since I was doing Duke often, but I seem to recall something he did inflicted Doom.

Ah... yeah that led me to more searching and think I found it. BG listing for Melisseus (we don't have so many Giant Gnat mobs!) says:
Quote:
Mandible Massacre: Conal physical damage, Paralysis, 10-count Doom
Also claims Melisseus can rarely cast Death, but I don't think I've ever seen that off Duke Vepar.

Anyway yeah Mandible Massacre must be it. Ugh, doom. The worst.

IIRC, Duke might also be impossible to position the puppet "inside" the mob or at the side/back to avoid front conal stuff (as you can with, say, Yilan or Shockmaw to avoid their Doom). But I'm definitely gonna double-check Duke next time I can.
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-03-01 02:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on tanking Rei. t1 mobs? I attempted to take Morbol/Scorp and the *** took me down fast. The Corse I can take in my sleep, and I havent attempted others...

Im in full -P/DT gear that I have, using both SS/HQ + VE/VE, both leading to quick deaths. I know and understand pup isnt the best tank for certain things, but wondering if there were tips for these on what I should be able to or cant tank. Trying to impress my LS (whos kinda anti-pup and varied between omguberl33t and still missing Zi'tah clears/gear) and these two mobs kinda made me look bad today >.>;
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-03-01 06:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko, the Scorpion has 1 main attack, which is it's Death Scissors move. However, in my experience, on my Automaton, it does a % of damage, not full damage like on normal players. It cannot one-shot my puppet.

However, it is an absolute must you use Disruptor (dispel) for when the Scorpion gets it's Attack Up buff, that makes the stomp AoE move available for it to just wipe you out. So as long as you have 1 Dark Maneuver up, anytime it tries to buff it's attack it will get dispelled right away and keep you and your party safe.

There is still, however, it's constant hate reset that I've noticed, sadly I don't know a way to counter that save for zerging the NM down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-01 07:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
There is still, however, it's constant hate reset that I've noticed, sadly I don't know a way to counter that save for zerging the NM down.

If something CONSTANTLY does hate resets like the Scorpion, don't bother trying to tank it on PUP. We just don't have the tools for it. /BLU(Or /pld or /whm) you can use some enmity spells and then ventriloquy, but the timer is so long that you can really only get away with that once.
 Sylph.Nimlith
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2016-03-01 07:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When I duo the scorp with a pup we just go down the zerg route - overdrive pup and unleash on bst and it melts. Reset 1hrs in MMM and repeat. Not ideal zoning back and forth but find that easier than anything else.
By Zeak 2016-03-01 08:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Any tips on tanking Rei. t1 mobs? I attempted to take Morbol/Scorp and the *** took me down fast. The Corse I can take in my sleep, and I havent attempted others...

Can't really help with Dolores. Never actually tanked it, so don't know what could be giving the Automaton trouble, other than her wonky enmity mechanics in the first place. As for Scorpion, it's typical to not really use a tank in the first place with melee zerg. He seems to use Death Scissors in response to WSs, which is why he seems to spam it so often when the fight opens. I believe he can also use it as a normal TP move, but he seems to favor Cold Breath and Earthpounder otherwise. This means there's really no point to having your Automaton tank if you're gonna zerg him, as he'll constantly reset hate. If you just wanna Auto-attack him down for safety, that's also an option; a slow one, but an option nonetheless. It works well for soloing him on PUP, as you can just save 3k TP and throw out Raging Fist when Ventro timer is up, but it's a long fight unless you have some Trust that give attack buffs. Also, your auto will inevitably WS him anyway, so you better /NIN so you can actually survive yourself. My only other tip when planning a strategy is that I observed he doesn't seem to use Hell Scissors when his Slow Aura is up. It could be a weird coincidence, but it does explain why I see him neglect Hell Scissors entirely on a lot of my solo attempts, especially later on in the fight.

If you're looking for a NM to show off PUPs tanking prowess, I'd strongly recommend stuff like Taelmoth, Sabotender Royal, Sang, Ironside, Strophadia, etc. PUP has little issue holding hate and mitigating damage from NMs like this, since they focus a lot on high spike damage, which means nothing to the automatons massive HP/-DT%. For stuff like the Cactuar, you have a Scherzo attachment that blocks his ??? Needles, should he use it, and the Automaton has no buffs to drain from his Chupa skill. Sang and Ironside spend most of the fight doing nothing, but it just shows that the Automaton CAN hold hate off 99k MBs very consistently. 'Cause, you know, magic enmity is BS with how little it generates, but people still think it's too much for the Auto. Harpy is pretty straightforward, the Automaton is immune to encumbrance/ability resets, but do make sure you are FAAAAR out of her Kaleidoscope attack range.

An addendum on Taelmoth, though: I've only ever tanked him on PUP/WHM with a RNG/NIN partner before. RNG doesn't generate a lot of enmity, so I don't actually know how well PUP can hold hate off, say, CDC-happy BLU. PUP does very well to mitigate his damage though. Even without dispeling his MAB buff, my Auto survived the full 7 minute duration of the fight. Dark Orb MBs can be scary, dealing almost 3k+ near the end, but nothing else he has is actually threatening. A quick Repair or Temp Item during Azure Lore and your Automaton should still be going strong. I should also mention I used Valoredge body, so you could mitigate even more damage with Harle frame's Shell V. But, Laziness is a hell of a disease... I mean, even if there was a cure for it, I'd probably never bother to get treatment.
By Scritchy 2016-03-01 08:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeak said: »
Cerberus.Jiko said: »

As for Scorpion, it's typical to not really use a tank in the first place with melee zerg. He seems to use Death Scissors in response to WSs, which is why he seems to spam it so often when the fight opens. I believe he can also use it as a normal TP move, but he seems to favor Cold Breath and Earthpounder otherwise. This means there's really no point to having your Automaton tank if you're gonna zerg him, as he'll constantly reset hate. If you just wanna Auto-attack him down for safety, that's also an option; a slow one, but an option nonetheless. It works well for soloing him on PUP, as you can just save 3k TP and throw out Raging Fist when Ventro timer is up, but it's a long fight unless you have some Trust that give attack buffs. Also, your auto will inevitably WS him anyway, so you better /NIN so you can actually survive yourself. My only other tip when planning a strategy is that I observed he doesn't seem to use Hell Scissors when his Slow Aura is up. It could be a weird coincidence, but it does explain why I see him neglect Hell Scissors entirely on a lot of my solo attempts, especially later on in the fight.

Selkit does in fact Hell Scissors in response to WSs, but not every WS. She responds to multiple WSs in a row with Hell Scissors. I'm not sure the exact window, it seems to be a larger window than the Skillchain window, but if you don't WS more often than about 1 / 10 seconds then you can go the entire fight without seeing Hell Scissors and still WS it. This is probably why you didnt't see any Hell Scissors with the Slow Aura up. You were TPing too slow to trigger it! I've done duos of Selkit as PUP and NIN using this strategy. Its slow, but always felt like to me it had a much smaller chance of catastrophic failure than the traditional melee zerg.

Unless you're trying to use this strategy of slowly WSing then PUP is a terrible tank on her, because all tanks are terrible. I second the idea that Taelmoth is a great showcase of PUP's abilities, though hate was sometimes a problem duoing it with a BST friend. Oryx is another one PUP has no trouble tanking.

EDIT: Re:: Jiko. I'm pretty sure the reason you had trouble with Dolores specifically was not your fault as a PUP, but your mages fault. Dolores has a mechanic where any magic damage can trigger a counterattack (not a hate reset I believe, since after the counterattack it'll go back to the tank). This is distance dependent however. I've never seen it counterattack a mage that stands in Dolores's hitbox as they cast. You'd see the same problem with a RUN or PLD.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-01 08:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saying, Jiko's pup tankes Belpheogor like a boss with me the CDC happy BLU doing damage and blank gazing mori.

Can't wait to see what else it can do on some of the other ones you have posted about!
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-03-01 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

With Delores, vampiric lashes are dealing an easy 2k damage, thats in full -DT/pdt gear I have.

Major issue I saw with the scorp was the poison. for some reason, It kept spamming poison and I couldnt do anything after maintence was used. Both times, Koumei went down first ~20%

Normal attack damage from both seem to be fine, though. Not really sure where I was going wrong.

To all the replies, ty, I will definitely give them a shot and see what I can do. Thank you all. :)
By Scritchy 2016-03-01 15:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Selkit's poison can be a problem, its one of the few things she does that's ever legitimately scary to a puppet. However something to keep in mind is that in Reisenjima you'll have access to temp items. Use them if you have to. I believe there's two full pet status cure temp items and two pet HP healing temp items. Just remember to restock before trying again if you have to use them.

Are you using Soulsoother/Harlequin or Valoredge? The Soulsoother/Harlequin combo will Poisona itself.

It might also be smart to attach Resister and Resister II. Its not like you need Mana Jammers in the fight afterall.

I've never done Dolores as PUP, so I don't really know what's wrong there.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-03-01 21:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I used VE/VE, so that was my problem, im sure. I had also forgotten about resisters, ty for reminding me. As far as the temps go, i keep them stocked. honestly, i forget they're there sometimes, but yes, I do have them and should be using them more often. Thank you :)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-03-01 21:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think dolores just has some sort of mechanic where pets take extra damage from vampiric lash or something. If you ever try doing it with trust tanks, vampiric will do like 6k to them while a PC won't even break 1k most of the time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-03-01 23:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive noticed that, its sickingly disturbing
 Shiva.Rickis
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2016-03-07 19:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I tanked Golden Kist and Morbol in Reisenjima in SS/VE last night but all failed. My auto was killed in like 5 minutes (guess it was cursed and can't get regen by ARKs?) how did you guys do it?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-03-07 22:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Rickis said: »
I tanked Golden Kist and Morbol in Reisenjima in SS/VE last night but all failed. My auto was killed in like 5 minutes (guess it was cursed and can't get regen by ARKs?) how did you guys do it?

The key to tanking this NM is nuking off his aura. When he goes into manafont, all mages need to cast the strong spell to whatever element he is nuking. I.e if he is casting Wind, hit him with Ice spells. This strips his aura and makes him easy-peasy.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20